Start by marking “Extra Innings” as Want to Read:
Extra Innings

Extra Innings

I’m the crazy fun one.
Pedal to the floor, balls to the wall, party all weekend guy.
The guy everybody calls for laughs and a good time.
And I always deliver.

So, when Ainsley Winslow and I made a pact for a summer fling, I was all in.
What hot-blooded college male doesn’t jump at the chance for a no strings attached relationship? Not this one.

Then summer drew to a close, a
Published April 10th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Extra Innings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Extra Innings

NMmomof4
Apr 15, 2017 NMmomof4 marked it as dnf
DNF @ 27%

I just wasn't interested enough to continue. They seem to already have had their summer fling and this story starts when they are reunited in the fall. They already have developed their feelings, and I can never fully feel the connection between characters when we don't experience that development happening.

Personal preference, I'm sure...
Chrissy
Apr 16, 2017 Chrissy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, read-in-2017

Brax and Ainsley’s story had me hooked from beginning to end! Extra Innings is the second book in the Infield Series by Michelle Lynn but can definitely be read as a stand-alone.

After a hot and sexy summer fling, Ainsley has left Brax high and dry, and now that their paths have crossed again he will do anything to find out why she broke everything off, even though they agreed to just the summer. Brax is relentless with his pursuit of Ainsley and I thought
Kizzy
Apr 06, 2017 Kizzy rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!

When we met Brax in Rounding Third, I fell in love with him! I was so happy he had a story coming. He's the fun one who doesn't have a care in the world, but as we get more into his story, we see that is not the case. He had a summer fling with Ainsley and she broke it off with no explanation or anything. Brax is one determined individual. Months later their paths cross and he is determined to have another chance with her.

What I loved about her is she was very focused on school and c
Chasidy
Mar 07, 2017 Chasidy rated it it was amazing
Talk about a hit out of the park! I absolutely loved this book and could not put it down.
Braxton, a hot baseball player who isn't looking for love, just someone to keep his bed warm.
Ainsley is a strong, beautiful, independent woman who is raising her teenage brother. She doesn't have time for a relationship, but does agree to a Sumer fling with Brax. The chemistry between the two is HOT! Will their relationship go beyond summer? Will life lead them in different directions?
This is is a great rea
Raeshelle, A Naughty Girl's Novel World

Michelle Lynn's Extra Innings tells a truly moving story featuring two college students on two different paths who come together and forge a remarkably strong, heart-stopping connection over the course of a summer that burned hotly, fizzled out and then reignited when a second chance presented itself!

This sports romance about an up and coming baseball player and an aspiring medical school student hit me hard, fast and deep with the fury of a fast ball straight to the gut!!! Brax and Ainsley's od
Beth Cranford
Apr 08, 2017 Beth Cranford rated it it was amazing
“I’ll prove my worth to you. No matter how long it takes.”

If you were to ask me what some my favorite books were—brave soul—I can guarantee you that one of Michelle Lynn’s books would be on that list.

But which one? I love her words, I love the way she makes me feel, I love that she can break me down and put me back together within the space of a couple of hundred pages. It could be my first from her, Collaboration, or one of the beautiful Love Surfaced books. Perhaps Rounding Third, the first
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 10, 2017 Jennifer Pierson rated it it was amazing
Ainsley Winslow has had a ton of responsibility thrown on her after her underage brother only has her She works her behind off paying bills, feeding them, and trying to get the best grades in college she can, in order to get into the best medical school. That doesn't leave a whole lot of time for boys, especially boys who play baseball, as her heart was ripped out by one. So when she meets the hot, and talented, Braxton Brentwood, she decides to spend one hot summer with him, and they would go t ...more
Pam
Apr 07, 2017 Pam rated it really liked it

Michelle Lynn is one of my go to authors but add in hot baseball guy, hello hook me up.

We met Brax in Rounding Third and learned the back story but I still feel you could read Extra Innings without being totally lost. Brax is struggling between signing up for the draft now or finishing his last year of school first. His heart tells him life it too short and this is his dream, his dad is telling him to finish school first so he has something to fall back on
Cheryl O'Harney
Apr 09, 2017 Cheryl O'Harney rated it really liked it
*This book was reviewed for Summer's Eve Reads*

Title: Extra Innings
Author: Michelle Lynn
Genre: Contemporary Sports Romance
Rating: 4/5

From what I gather this is the second book of the series but can be read as a standalone which is the way I've read it as it's my first book by this particular author, I do love a good sports romance normally it's hockey for me so with the hero being a baseball player this was a nice change.

I really enjoyed this it had a great storyline with great characters based
Mindy
Apr 08, 2017 Mindy rated it really liked it
** Received ARC in exchange for honest review **

This is a good, quick read about college and baseball. A nicely written story with Brax and Ainsley being the main focus. Upon reading a few other reviews, I discovered there is a book before this that I did not read. This is a standalone book and you don't have to read the first one (Rounding Third - I think) but it might be a good idea as I understand Braxton is in that book as well. Either way, you will enjoy this story and it is worth reading.
Ashley Jasper
May 13, 2017 Ashley Jasper rated it liked it
I haven't read a Michelle Lynn title in quite some time. The cover and blurb for Extra Innings is what drew me in. Because I love me a hot cover and a sports romance too. However, it was Ainsley that kept me reading.

I adored her. She is so loyal and fiercely protective. Of her family. Her work. But a summer fling with the school's star ballplayer, Brax, left her more shook up than she card to admit. Oh that Brax! This athlete was complex, deep and oh so sexy. He is dedicated to his team, his fam
Tanya Vought
Apr 08, 2017 Tanya Vought rated it liked it
I love this author and her fabulous book men she creates for us readers!

I enjoyed Brax and Ainsley in this book! I adored their friends and getting them to meddle in the mix was amazing too!

If you're a romance reader who loves sports this is the book for you!

3.5 stars from me!!!
Kelly F 📚
3.5 - 4 Stars

I was so happy Brax got a book. I was a fan when he was introduced in Rounding Third.

The story pulled me in right from the beginning....when Ainsley and Brax meet. But then it skips forward and you find out they're no longer seeing each other. So they basically work their way. Slowly. Back together. I missed seeing the relationship they shared over the summer. I wish there were some flash backs.

Overall, it was a good read. I'm a sucker for sports romance books, so of course I was
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2017
Ana
Ana rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2017
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Sassy Southern
Apr 10, 2017 Sassy Southern rated it it was amazing
I honestly didn't think I could love any couple more than Crosby and Ella-but Michelle Lynn has surely proven me wrong. This book is absolutely a solid 5 star read! This isn't just a sweet, hot, hilarious sports romance-it's the story of two very different people coming together to realize that it's okay to depend on one another. Ainsley Winslow, orphaned, works her butt off to take care of herself and her brother. She finds herself giving the campus playboy a summer of hookups to let some of he ...more
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Taylor
Taylor rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2017
Dominic Panzera
Dominic Panzera rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2017
jean reiter
jean reiter rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2017
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2017
Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk
Apr 09, 2017 Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book for an honest review.
What a great read. I am so loving this baseball series. Braxton Brentwood is the whole package, fun, passionate, sexy, caring, and one hot baseball player. Ainsley Winslow is a hard worker, focused, and goal driven woman.
Brax has one goal make it to the major leagues he has time for fun but nothing serious. Ainsley is focused one getting into med school a boyfriend is the last thing on her mind. However, these two come together for a summer n
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Amanda Krug Brink
Amanda Krug Brink rated it really liked it
May 31, 2017
Christina
Apr 07, 2017 Christina rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Brax & Ainsley's story. I always love Michelle Lynn's writing. She has a great way of creating characters that you immediately like. Brax is a sexy, determined baseball catcher and Ainsley a driven, protective woman who guards her heart. These two were fun together and I highly recommend you read this book. Be sure to read Crosby & Ella's story as well. 5 Stars for Extra Innings!
Jamie Rhodes
Apr 11, 2017 Jamie Rhodes rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Ainsley and Braxton's story. You have a hot, college baseball player and a girl who is a serious student trying to become a doctor. There is a lot of that college angst in the book. It is a part of a series, but I feel you can read it as a stand-alone. Dual point of view. No cliffhanger.
Kathy Weatherholtz
Kathy Weatherholtz rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2017
Yolanda
Apr 10, 2017 Yolanda rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved loved this book!! Such a great romance story. Great character & plot development with Brax & Ainsley. I hope there are going to be more stories in this series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Michelle moved around the Midwest most of her life, transferring from school to school before settling down in the outskirts of Chicago ten years ago, where she now resides with her husband and two kids.

She loves all thing romance and cries at happy endings!

Visit her at www.michellelynnbooks.com
More about Michelle Lynn...