Start by marking “Long Shot” as Want to Read:
Long Shot

Long Shot (Under the Covers #3)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  272 Ratings  ·  80 Reviews
Meredith definitely drank too much last night. Why on earth else would she have woken up without her purse, and the distinct memory of giving her number to a stripper? So gross.
The good news is, she never has to see him again. Except to get her purse. And to discover she did another terrible, horrible, very bad thing while drunk- she accidentally became a professional peni
Published August 24th 2016 by Bigger On The Inside (first published August 21st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Long Shot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Long Shot

Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo d592e0b714b6edc6ce7c341c3c889a_zpsqkn4n71w.gif

photo c57a302afa7599632922bdcfc131df_zpstuvdkka4.gif“A penis photographer? Filth be damned, I lie back on the floor and put my hands over my eyes. What has my life become? ”

Time to toss those dollar bills in the air and make it rain as Kayti McGee introduces readers to a book hero that has all the right moves to make you blush. That’s right ladies, let me introduce you to Rob, the stripper.

#LongShot

In this laugh out loud, romantic comedy, Katyi McGee will have you giggling and panting in heat as th
Becca Reads A Lot
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is ridiculous. Like ridickulous.
It's out of control.
It's funny.
It's witty.
It's its own brand of special.
I LOVED IT. I loved it for so many reasons, starting with the karaoke scene.

Kayti McGee writes silly and smart with flawless ease. Long Shot is as ridiculous as it is brilliant.

If you want a quick, weird, over the top, and hilarious read: look no further.

5 Bad Touch Stars ❤
Aug 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
***ARC Provided by the Author and Social Butterfly PR***

4.5 Stars

Krakens. Croissants. Penis Sweaters.

They were all in this book. Yes really.

First, I have to say that Kayti McGee makes me laugh. A lot. Enough that at least once, there will be a snort laugh that someone else notices (no sneaking these at work for me). Her writing is well constructed, her characters are realistic, and their internal dialog is hilarious. This one starts out with a bang, well, yes and no. And it goes from there.

What
Amy
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it

Kayti McGee is fast becoming the standard of romantic comedy writing, if Long Shot is any indication.

Look at her premise: the stripper with a heart of gold? He's a HE. Rob, who takes his clothes off so that he can graduate from college debt-free. He meets Meredith, an aspiring photographer, when she and her married sister Jane (more on her in a minute) come to The Meow Club to let off some steam. A few shots later, Rob gives Meredith a lap dance and gets her cell number. He knows what s
Heather andrews
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really liked Rob, he was a good guy, “no. I’m trying to woo you. Is it working?” Meredith needs to learn there is a time and place for your fittings, and it's not when Rob is revved up and roaring to go, "unable to resist, I sneak a peek. “What the eff?” She’s got a goddamn Build-A-Bear outfit on my ***k, safety pins in her mouth. “Seriously?” I loved this book, it was really funny, I don't know who I liked more Rob or Meredith.
Libby Harrison
Initial impression of the h: immature and annoying

I DNF'd because the H was also annoying and immature
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥

***This and other reviews also featured on “I’m A Sweet and Sassy Book Whore” http://www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com***

*ARC*

Strippers are people too damn it! Yes I said it and yes I mean that. Both male and female strippers are still people who are smart, who have degrees or are working towards one, and deserve to not be treated as less because of their jobs. Okay I know y’all think I have probably lost my damn mind but I promise I haven’t, well I probably have lost it a little bit bu
Becky Rendon
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Oh, where to begin. I say this hesitantly, but it took a bit for me to like Rob. I must be extra judgemental today because he didn't come across as a potential journalist- stripper yes, journalist not so much. But then I thought about it and realized, I sound like an ass. The reason I'm sharing this is because I don't want you to be like me. Rob uses phrases that if it weren't for Urban Dictionary I never would have had a clue. He is definitely a naughty, filthy talking man. Of course he is, his ...more
Jessica Alcazar
This whole rom-com thing is an awesome stress reliever LOL when done correctly ... and (author) does it correctly! In between the the fun laughs, she wrote a really heartfelt story. A story that wasn't ridiculous. Just the people lol. It was real. It felt real. Every day. I felt like I could know them. I loved it!

I can't even begin to comvey the hilarity that these characters have. The dialogue is just sooooo ridiculous I couldn't stop reading with a big smile on my face! I cried real laughter t
Jenny
Aug 06, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF @ 26%

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Too much inner dialogue. Too much childish banter. Zero patience. Just...can't.
Shayna
Insanely ridiculous in the BEST POSSIBLE WAY! Kayti McGee had me in stitches the whole way through! Seriously...every single page had me laughing so hard! There were tears people...TEARS from laughing SO DAMN HARD! I have no idea how she does it, but Ms. McGee takes romantic comedy to the next level!

Let's start with Meredith...

"Goddammit." ... "I can't believe I offered to take professional dick pics. What is my life?"

This woman cannot catch a break! It's like her life is a constant hangover.
Tamara
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, arc, read-in-2016
It was as hilarious, as it was ridiculous!
As sexy as it was awkward!
And as endearing as it was over the top!

Meredith and Rob had some of the best internal dialogue that I have read in a long time, both of them had a very distinctive voice that managed to convey those thoughts and feelings we all have, but never want to admit to.

Meredith was a breath of fresh air, she knew what she wanted and wasn’t afraid to go for it…until she was, and then the embarrassment of being a professional penis photog
Paula  Phillips
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Imagine you are out having the time of your life at a strip club and drinking away , then you wake up the next morning with no recollection of what happened the night before and a massive hangover. That's what has happened to Meredith who is currently living with her sister after a failed relationship and a career choice that hasn't exactly been taking off for her as a photographer. From the first page, Kayti McGee will have readers chuckling in the same sense that Meghan Quinn does her readers, ...more
Peggy Lee (Reading Keeps Me Sane Book Blog)
If there was ever an author that I would want to go out with and have a crazy night on the town, it would be Kayti McGee. There would definitely be plenty of drinking games and strippers on the menu.

Long Shot is a story about what not to agree to while drunk at a strip club.

“Waking up to discover that you lost your shit and gave your number to a stripper and agreed to be a penis photographer is not exactly the definition of a good morning.”

Yes, you read that correctly. Meredith Watson, one drun
2OCC Reviews
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jessica
Oh my goodness this book was so funny!!!! Right from the start the author has us laughing our butts off because if the predicament that Meredith has gotten herself into. It keeps going from there never lets up.

OMG Rob was the best hero I have read in a long time. Maybe because he was so dang funny! Like...... Magic Mike meets Seth Rogan lol he didn't stop! From his first POV I had tears running down my face I was laughing at his thoughts! The best thing was the getting her on dates!!!

Meredith g
Courtney
Aug 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I have mixed feelings on this book. There are parts that I really enjoyed and there are parts that I could have done without.

Kayti McGee does write some interesting characters. However, I had a really hard time connecting to Meredith and Rob. Honestly, I truly didn’t care for Meredith and til about the 60% mark, Rob came across as a total tool to me. After that, Rob did redeem himself and actually that’s where the book got it’s higher ranking of a 3 from me.

The beginning was just too cheesy for
Pop Fizz Clink Read
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: french-sparkle
Delirious with laughter!

OMG, did I just read that... Strippers & dick pics? Get ready to laugh your a$$ off! I was in hysterics laughing so hard my stomach hurt. Kayti outdid herself in this romantic comedy, full of outstanding humor, racy hot sex, lots of cocktails, & did I mention sinful strippers needing raunchy professional "dick pics"! Oh yes she went there, truly a laugh out loud story, that makes you want to remember all the funny as hell lines you can't believe she would write.
A little birdie told me... Gardner
Definitely better than the other books by this author, it is very funny. Yes, there's some general silliness, but because it is expected this time, it didn't seem so ridiculous.

In fact, it's really sweet.

However, (eye roll) it's yet another in-love-with-a-male-stripper story, but the angle is refreshing. I love Rob the stripper, clueless male that he is. He is absolutely, endearingly cute.

Meredith is a relatable chick who is a tad bit uptight, but the author wrote her so that the reader could
Shrimalya
Shelves: romance, hilarious
Review: Jesus!What a crazy,laugh-out-loud-funny book!This is the third book of Kayti McGee's that I've read, and its the best!Meredith is a struggling photographer, without a job and a place to stay.She is currently staying with her sister, Jane(whom we've met in UnderCovers and Topped).She meets Rob, the stripper at the Meow Club, when she and her sister go out there for a night of fun.She ends up receiving a lap dance from him and gives him her number.

Rob is a journalism student who is trying
Samantha Ortegon (Books, Wine & Time)
It's hard not to keep a smirk off my face when I think of Long Shot, Kayti McGee makes it really hard not to picture peens all dressed up in crochet costumes. OMG!!! This will hopefully be the only time I write the words peen, dicks, penis, and wieners in a review, it is so worth letting my guard down when it comes to McGee's hilarious story of a respectable woman becoming a penis photographer.

Meredith Watson is a aspiring photographer who is not on the path that she expected, she lives in he
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
description

A stripper and a penis photographer walk into a bar...no, that's not a joke, it's actually a scene from this book!! Seriously though, I had no idea what this book was about when I started reading and it definitely took me by surprise. The premise is so ridiculous that it makes it absolutely hilarious.
Rob Callas is a stripping his way through college so he can graduate debt free with a journalism degree. Meredith Watson is a photographer. She also happens to be out of work and living in her siste
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
3.5 CROWNS

Long shot is my first solo novel by Kayti McGee, and if I had to sum it up in a couple words it would be cute, funny, and heartwarming.

This story follows the crazy antics of Meredith and Rob as the navigate their relationship with jobs that others may frown upon. Both of these characters are a little crazy, in the good kind way, and they made me laugh so much during the book. I like Meredith’s development as a character. Seeing her move from being so focused on everyone else’s concerns
Ang~Dirty Laundry Review
Oh man! What can I say about Long Shot? First, I love Kayti McGee and her hilarious and hot books! I always get a thrill whenever I crack one of these babies open. I know that there will be laughs, and ridiculousness, and crazy scenarios that only Kayti can come up with! I know her characters, in this case Meredith and Rob, will charm me and make me squirm during the hot scenes. And let me tell you, Long Shot did not disappoint! It hit that high bar that Kayti has set with UnderCovers and Topped ...more
Micah
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it

I mean, with a quote like this, aren't you hooked? This book is...something else. It certainly wasn't what I was expected. I went in blind and I was pleasantly surprised, in such a good way. Time to give my heart to the bartending stripper, Rob. Take all my dolla bills!

So Meredith wakes up from a night of partying too hard with her sister to discover that she has lost her purs
Book Loving Fairy-Blog

4 Stars

Kayti McGee went beyond her usual comedy/romance in Long Shot. The description alone grabbed me but it's just a taste of what the story is about. It's fun, flirty, and absolutely hilarious.

We've all been that girl who drinks a little too much on a night out with friends and maybe forgot your purse somewhere. Well, Meredith is that girl and can't remember much of her night of fun. She's an aspiring photographer and will do anything for her big break. Wait. Anything? What if during that dr
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Longshot in so insanely ridiculous and incredibly sweet at the same time, that I'm not even sure where to start. From strippers to cockstumes to a boy who just wants a girl, I laughed out loud all the way through.

I loved Rob. A student by day and a stripper by night, he was such a contradiction. He was sexy (obviously, I mean, he is a stripper) and sweet and so, so funny!! He was almost like a little kid trapped in a mans body. A little nerdy, a lot weird and just plain out of control. And all h
Lauren Lascola-Lesczynski
Aug 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Soooooo now that I have that song I am in love with a Stripper playing on repeat in my head thanks to this book. I FLOVED it....FLOVED it so hard. Kayti always writes the best funny, sexy books. Meredith and Rob were quite the couple. Neither of them was very happy with the state of there current life, but somehow manage to come together and make it work. Meredith really thought she had her life figured out and knew what she wanted and did not want out of life. Insert one stripper, one drunken n ...more
Annamaria
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Hilarious Stars! Meredith is a photographer who is having a hard time with her buisness. She goes to a male strip club to get her mind off things when she meets Rob. Rob is a stripper working his way to getting a college degree without debt. Rob asks Meredith to do a photo shoot of his friend's "junk." Meredith and Rob are attracted toward one another and they have great chemistry. The author writes a great romantic comedy that had me laughing out loud throughout the whole book. I was engage ...more
Lori ~ BF Bookies
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was entertaining! I enjoyed this quick & humorous read that had me turning the pages to see what shenanigans Meredith & Rob would be up to next. When I read a Kayti McGee story, I know it’s going to be fun, the characters will be likable, and I will thoroughly enjoy it from beginning to end. That was exactly the case with this one. Not only are the main characters witty & clever, the secondary characters are enjoyable as well.

This quirky story has plenty of humor and a goo
AnessaRenee Reviews
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I must say I love that I try and know nothing about a book before I read it. I love that I knew nothing walking into this book. This book was truly hilarious. It had me laughing and connecting with the realism of the characters. Meredith was so real and hilarious. And I love Rob, he's the alpha who knows how to laugh and enjoy life. If your looking for a funny light read that throws in romance and real life, this book is for you. I recommend this book because it was truly an all around wonderful ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

Kayti McGee is a proud Kansas Citian who wishes that Eric Hosmer would just call her already. Besides writing, her hobbies include travel, cooking, and all thing Whovian. She also writes as the latter half of Laurelin McGee. Like her co-author Laurelin Paige, she joined Mensa for no other reason than to make her bio more interesting.

Is it working?
More about Kayti McGee...

Under the Covers (4 books)
  • UnderCovers
  • Topped
  • Hands Off

“Who cares about the journey if the destination is everything you’ve ever wanted? The” 3 likes
“I’m just a girl, standing in front of a handbasket, waiting for my ride to hell.” 3 likes