Start by marking “Blind Side” as Want to Read:
Blind Side

Blind Side

Can you ever truly know someone? And what if you suspect the unthinkable?

London, five months before 7/7. Georgie, a young woman wary of relationships after previous heartbreak, gives in and agrees to sleep with close friend Julian. She’s shocked when Julian reveals he’s loved her for a long time.

But Georgie can’t resist her attraction to Nikolai, a Russian former soldier
Published July 22nd 2016 by Unbound

To ask other readers questions about Blind Side, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind Side

sue

Firstly let me say how much I love the cover. The paperback version is shiny and enticing.

I found this read a good start and a very good pace to follow, the characters were flawless.

Is it wise to sleep with your best friend? I am sure that is a decision many has faced, because if the relationship goes wrong, you loose not only a lover but your best friend.

Georgia after several drinks decides to sleep with her best friend Julian.
Julian tells her that he has been in love with her for a long tim
Sean Peters
Firstly, thank you to Jennie and her publishers for making this book available for my group "A Good Thriller", for a read a long and Q and A's.

A promising debut novel from Jennie Ensor. And not at all what I anticipated, and a reasonably paced thriller. Why only three stars (3.5 my vote) was the rather weak ending.

Can you ever truly know someone? And what if you suspect the unthinkable?

Amy
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
This book ended up being a very different read than what I was expecting it to be, but I don’t mean that in a bad way. It was deeper and more profound than your average psychological thriller and if pushed I would say it was more of romantic suspense with political tones than a straightforward psychological thriller.

Georgie, Nikolai and Julian are the three main characters and all of them are well drawn and complex. They were very realistic and their fears and motivations were also easy to iden
Linda Strong
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017

One night Georgie makes a decision that will alter the lives of many. After sharing 3 bottles of wine, she decides to sleep with her friend, Julian. Immediately she knows this was a huge mistake ...especially when Julian confesses that he loves her and has loved her for years. Julian thinks they will go on from here ...but Georgie is already pulling away from him.

She meets Nicolai .. a Russian ex-soldier, hoping to build a new life for himself in London. And while Georgie is slowing falling for
Susan Hampson
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Georgie, if you didn't know her very well, would be someone that you thought had a near damn perfect life. Her dad had a very successful building company so she grew up not really wanting for anything, she had a pretty good job with a more than average income and an enviable university education where she had met some life long friends. But lucky in love she wasn't  and she seemed pretty stuck into the grove of not wanting to get hurt so much ever again, to a point that she doesn't let her self ...more
Jen
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017challenge
'Blind Side' by Jennie Ensor is an intriguing read and I have to be honest not at all what I was expecting when I read through the blurb. There are so many elements to this book which take it beyond a simple star crossed lovers kind of romance, or even a case of obsession, and the book touches upon many socio-economic issues which are as prevalent today as they were in the time that the book was set, few months surrounding the 7/7 bombings in London.

Georgie is a complex character. She has been b
Joanne Robertson
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book wasn't at all what I had expected from the general description but I do love it when a book surprises me that way. It carried a lot more depth than I had assumed it would as it delved into some of the more current issues facing us in our country at the moment and due to that I found myself far more engrossed than I was expecting to be!

Now we all know that it is possible for men and women to just be friends nowadays. But more often than not one person harbours hopes of that relationship
Rezeda
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: librarything-arc
In my opinion, this is a really good book. I was contemplating whether I should give it 5 stars, and decided against it only because of the ending. It may seem hopeful for those in UK, but for me - and, probably, for most Russians - it's bleak and sad.
On the other hand, any completely happy ending would be unbelievable.
And one of the major virtues of this book is that you believe the author. It's undoubtedly the best researched and well-grounded fiction I've read in ages.

Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book gripped me from the very start, although not at all like my ‘usual’ reads. The characters were compelling and the storyline, although quite a simple base, made compulsive reading. The book is informative about life in the Russian army and Chechnya and it gives the book an interesting side. There is an alternative voice appearing sporadically throughout the book and I found myself quite wary, along with the main character Georgie, trying to predict what might happen. The whole scenario ...more
Cleopatra  Pullen
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I’m going to start this review by stating that there was far more to this psychological thriller than I anticipated.

When Georgie agrees to have sex one drunken evening the last thing she could possibly have anticipated was the domino effect she’d set in motion. Rule number one which every woman who has left her teenage years behind knows, you don’t have sex with your friends. But Georgie did, she slept with her old university pal and confidante Julian.
Let’s just say that when Julian realises th
Renee (itsbooktalk)
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
You can find all my reviews at www.itsbooktalk.com

I mean this in the best possible way...this book wasn't what I expected. I was even hesitant to read it initially because it's touted as a psychological thriller and this past year psych thrillers haven't been my favorite. I've actually been avoiding books that fall into that sub-genre but there was something about this one that intrigued me. I love that it's set in London, one of my very favorite settings for crime fiction and I love that one of
Susan Angela Wallace
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Blind side by jennifer ensor.
This was a slow starter. But after a while I couldn't put it down. Julian and georgina have been friends for years but after one night of heavy drinking she agrees to sllep with him. She realizes her mistake when he tells her he loves her. But she doesn't feel The same. The she meets Nikolai. What happens next?
I had my suspicion of how it would end. But I was wrong. I'm glad she found Nikolai. Didn't like julian from the start. 4*.
Thelastwordreview
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
London July 2005, a moment in time that all of us will recall and never forget. In her debut thriller Blind Side Jennie Ensor has written a stunning gripping psychological thriller that is set just before the terrorist attacks on 7/7.

For Georgie our leading character things could not be going any worse now after a fling with one of her best friends Julian she has met a Russian man called Nikolai and Julian is not best pleased to say the least as he is being rejected. Now Georgie has to cope wit
Nicki
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and I’m so grateful that the author contacted me to read and review it. I spent most of my weekend caught up in this absorbing tale of love, relationships, family secrets, obsessions and identity. I truly felt part of Georgie, Julian and Nikolai's world, created so well by the author.

I don't normally like character driven stories, mainly because they've been filled with people and situations that I haven't been able to identify with. Blind Side was different, as I like
Ian Skewis
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this book not really knowing quite what to expect. First of all, it is an enjoyable read, with scenes of domesticity between the two characters that are good-humoured and well drawn, but this book has a darkness at heart, and as the story unfurls it grows darker still, with suspicion of other characters' motives coming to the fore. The book is written with a graceful lightness of touch and great attention to detail and the ending is both thrilling and life affirming. Recommended!
Caroline Vincent - Bits about Books
Set against London’s summer of terror this novel explores topics as racism, stalking and the love between Georgie and her Russian lover Nikolai.

Introduction

When Georgie realises her best friend Julian is in love with her, she cannot but ease back on the friendship, something Julian does not take lightly. Is it a coincidence that she ends up in a place she has never been before and meets the dark Russian Nikolai, an illegal immigrant, with his charming smile but sad eyes? Theirs is a love affair
Abby Slater- Fairbrother
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Every so often you stumble across a novel that is so much bigger than its synopsis and its depth astounds you. This is one of them and it is amazingly good!
The prologue opens with intense gun fight scene. However, this does not set the pace for this novel. The novel is based around the relationships of the characters involved, their intentions, emotions and internal struggles.
The protagonist Georgie, whilst not being someone, I would not necessarily choose to be friends with, held a fair and h
Dee-Cee  It's all about the books
Set around the time of the London bombings in 2005, Blind Side is a gripping read full of thought provoking moments.

Georgie, the main character is a hard working woman. She’s been burned by love once before and is happy to not let it happen again and enjoys her time spent with Julian, her confidante and best friend until one evening after too much wine is consumed, things take a turn and the friendship will never be the same again. Enter Nikolai, the former Russian soldier who Georgie immediatel
Angie Rhodes
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Set in London. just before 7/7. Blind Side is a psychological thriller at it;s best.
Georgie and Julian have been best friends forever, and everything is going well, until Georgie splits from her boyfriend and sleeps with Julian, Big mistake as now Julian has told her, he has always been in love with her, but Georgie doesn't want a relationship. that us until she meets Nikolai, a former soldier from Russia, and finds herself falling hard,
Then London s attacked , and Nikolai, finds himself bein
Karen Peterman
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read and very different from what I expected. Georgie has been friends with Julian since university and sleeps with him one evening when they are both drunk. He reveals that he has loved her for years and Georgie - scarred by a past relationship- backs away.

However Julian remains smitten and this does not change when Georgie meet Nikolai, a Russian former soldier. Nikky has secrets and is scarred by things he did and saw in Chechnya. Are his secrets dangerous? Is he involved in
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
I received a free copy of this ebook from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I gave this book about 50 pages, but I was so very bored by that point that I decided not to finish. Just not the book for me; it never sparked any interest.
Clair
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
An exciting read Blind Side combines a thriller and a love story. One night Georgie makes a mistake and sleeps with her friend Julian who reveals he is in love with her. Shortly after in a London bar she meets Nikolai, a Russian ex-soldier, and as she starts dating him she begins to suspect he has dark secrets. What follows is a unique, gripping psychological thriller of friendship, guilt, betrayal, obsession and love.

I really enjoyed following Georgie as she discovers more about Nikolai, unrave
Poppy
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
It’s quite ironic, that when Jennie Ensor first approached me about Blind Side I was facing a backlog of reviews and wary of taking on more; when she pitched it as a ‘psychological thriller set before, during and after the 7/7 London terror attacks‘ I admit I did have reservations about the 7/7 element – presuming how it would be incorporated – but on the whole as I usually love a good thriller and liked the premise (and always keen to support Unbound authors) I agreed to review… and I’m so plea ...more
kellie
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow, this book totally started my new year with a bang. Not at all what I expected and the blur doesn't give it enough credit.
There are so many great strands to the book.. Georgie's mistake sleeping with her friend, turns both their lives upside down. Julian's jealously when Georgie meets Nikolai, an ex Russian soldier, is frankly creepy and sad.
This book flowed at the right speed and was very clear throughout that the author put so much effort and research into making every page feel real and
Perri
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this psychological mystery by Ensor. Told from the first person, I really got to know and understand the protagonist, Georgie. Nickolai, her love interest, was a complicated and intriguing character. Other characters were not as well developed and less believable for me, and the ending was somewhat a let-down. This was a promising debut novel.
Melanie Lewis
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
A beautiful love story between Georgie and Nikolai is the main focus of this book. I felt that the thriller aspect was a sideline. It quickly became obvious that Julian was a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic, but he did keep us abreast of his movements. The terrible tumult following 7/7 was experienced by many Londoners. All of a sudden, people, friends, neighbours who we'd known for years, seemed suspicious. It was a terrible time and Ms Ensor captures the feeling perfectly. I look forwar ...more
Emma
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
When I received my copy of Blind Side, on the face of it I was expecting a fairly standard suspense / thriller – right up my street, don’t get me wrong, but likely similar to a lot of books I have read before and probably will again. I am pleased to say I was pleasantly surprised because the book is much more complex that I expected or than it first seemed.

It opens with Georgie and her best friend Julian sharing one too many glasses of wine that see them ending up in bed together. Waking up and
Janel
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
A prologue that pulls you in and a storyline that doesn’t let you go until the very last page. This is such a thought-provoking read; pitched as ‘a thriller about a love triangle set in London before and after 7/7’ – it is that and so much more. In today’s society, the war on terror is a very real thing and Blind Side tells a compelling story that grips you in a unique way.

Georgie loses her close friend Julian in one night, when she doesn’t share his feeling of love, their friendship becomes imp
Henk-Jan van der Klis
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Londoner Georgina (Georgie) Cameron is getting over his boyfriend Julian Lewis. His attempt to get her to sleep with him was a mistake. Immediately after this incident, she falls for the charms of the Russian bloke Nikolai. A love affair is growing despite the many difficulties and tensions rising. What is a former soldier that fought in Chechnya doing in London? As an illegal construction worker, he could get turned into the police any day?

Blind Side by Jennie Ensor is set against the July
Jack Bates
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tense and well written, this is a nicely plotted thriller set in London in 2005, the summer of the July 7th bombings.

Georgie and Julian have been friends for years, but everything changes between them after a drunken evening. When Georgie meets Nikolai, a Russian ex-soldier and musician, she's drawn to him despite (or because of) the things he can't or won't tell her about his past. Julian's jealousy and Georgie's complex relationships with her rather dominant father and the mother who left whe
« previous 1 3 next »

• Nina Todd Has Gone
  • Breaking Dead (Sophie Kent, #1)
  • Student Engagement Techniques: A Handbook for College Faculty
  • Wedding Party (Wedding, #2)
  • The Last Boat Home
  • Undertow
  • Do No Harm
  • Circ
  • Heir Today Gone Tomorrow (It's Reigning Men #2)
  • Bloody Women
  • Doubles
  • Capture or Kill (Matt Logan #1)
  • Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism
  • Craving
  • Fair Game: The Incredible Untold Story of Scientology in Australia
  • Everybody Is Wrong About God
  • Denying the Duke (Lords and Ladies in Love #3)
  • DarkNet
Author website & blog: http://jennieensor.com
Author facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JennieEnsorA...
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jennie_Ensor
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jennieensor/

A Londoner with Irish heritage, Jennie Ensor began her writing career as a journalist, obtaining a Masters in Journalism (winning two student awards) and covering topics from forced marriages to mini