Start by marking “Sarah Killlian: Serial Killer (For Hire!)” as Want to Read:
Sarah Killlian: Serial Killer (For Hire!)

Sarah Killlian: Serial Killer (For Hire!)

Meet Sarah Killian, a professional serial killer (for hire!) with a twisted sense of humor.

In this Crime Fiction / Thriller novel with a twisted sense of humor, Sarah works for T.H.E.M. (Trusted Hierarchy of
Published July 29th 2016 by Crystal Lake Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sarah Killlian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sarah Killlian

Start your review of Sarah Killlian: Serial Killer (For Hire!)
Frank Errington
Review copy

I want to love every book I read, I really do. Regrettably, it's just not possible and there are times when you pick up a title that grabs your interest, but doesn't quite live up to your expectations. Sarah Killian: Serial Killer (for Hire!) is such a tome.

Here's the synopsis from the book's Amazon page...

"Sarah Killian is not your average thirty year-old single woman. Foul-mouthed, mean-spirited, and a text-book-case loner. Also, she is a Professional Serial Killer. Sarah works for
 Reading Divergence
Review of SARAH KILLIAN SERIAL KILLER by Mark Sheldon

A truly delightful somewhat-extreme horror story, released July 29, 2016, this novel relates in first person narrative the life and times of one Sarah Killian, not a woman you'd want for your best friend, but definitely individual-with-purpose. Once upon a time, beginning at age sixteen [and I think there is much more to that than meets the eye, or in this case, the page] Sarah turned the harsh lessons of life to use, and became a killer. More
Tim Miller
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a really fun story. For being a serial killer, Sarah Killian is really likable. She actually reminds me of a few people I know, minus the kiling part. The story was well paced with some good twists, a couple I saw coming but I still enjoyed it. My only complaint was the ending. I hope there is another story with Sarah coming because this kind of felt like it just ended. So four stars for this one. But I hope to see more of her.
Tere Fredericks
Ten Stars if I Could

Any book that starts out with one (of many) of my favorite lines from my favorite movies, has me hooked. To my surprised delight, it got better from there.

I know I haven't laughed out loud in a serial killer as much as I did here. My enjoyment of this book is what took so long for me to read it. Truly. I savored every word.

If you can take some pretty gruesome killings - not that the victims didn't deserve it - with one of the funniest book in the genre, this book is HIGHLY
Yvonne Davies
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-read
One feisty woman

The story is about a professional serial killer or PSK called Sarah Killian, she works for an organisation called THEM an organisation that uses serial killers to wipe out problems. Sarah is a very independent woman who grew up in a dysfunctional family and became a serial killer before she was recruited by THEM. The mission that she gets sent on makes her uncomfortable from the start as for the first time she is paired up with Bethany, a newbie who is an annoying chatterbox. You
Dean
Sep 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Well that was different.

A good read for a lazy Saturday afternoon, interesting characters and a fast paced plot. If you like your heroes dark and bad**s then this could be the book for you
Stephanie
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was received free in return for an honest review. Initially when I looked at the cover and read the blurb I wasn’t too sure that I would like it. The cover itself would’ve put me off and the blurb which talks about a ‘perky blonde’ added to that feeling; I pretty much share Sarah Killian’s views on the type, although I doubt I would kill. BUT. Once I started to read, I was completely drawn into the book. The chatty, friendly tone of the book, of Sarah herself, meant that I could not ...more
Kelly Rickard
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Killian is an serial killer but is hired to killed people by T.H.E.M (Trustworthy Hierarchy of Everyday Murderers)

She is foul mouthed, a loner and mean. This tale sees her paired up with a new member of T.H.E.M Bethany a bubbly and sickly sweet buxom blonde. Will Sarah kill her co-worker before the end of the book? Will she complete her assignment to stop a school shooting?

This book has a wicked sense of humour and lots of dark comedy. The two female leads are likeable and the twists
David Savage
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The characters are superb; Sarah is gruff, sarcastic, unpredictable and fun (especially with some the phrases she uses when not wanting to swear – porcupines and Captain Hammer’s nipples).

It is written as Sarah telling the story and is full of dark comedy. The two central characters of Sarah and Bethany work very well together. It goes along at quite a fast and steady pace, which made it a quick and very enjoyable read.

A fun and enjoyable read with great
Darrell Grizzle
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fast-paced, exhilarating novel about a young woman who works for a shadow organization of professional serial killers. Like a female “Dexter” but with ten times the snarkiness, Sarah Killian is angry, foul-mouthed, and (despite her best intentions) very likeable. The usual plot twists and turns you’d expect from a crime novel are here, but the characters are a strong point as well. Highly entertaining.
Johann
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sarah killian is like a very angry Dexter.
She works for a shadow Corp that offs people.
To make matters more disturbing for her she now has to "work" with a trainee that she also wants to kill off.
Their assignment doesn't go as planned and now there is a chance that she could die as a result.
Sarah is sarcastic and witty throughout as this was a fun read.
David Murphy
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely blown away by this book. Perfect combination of slasher horror and comedy. Best way to describe it is if James Bond was a woman and MI6 were an organization devoted to contracting out assassins and professional serial killers. Will be checking out more of Mark Sheldon's work for sure.
Andretta Schellinger
So while the cover on my kindle is a little hocky, the story is really good. You follow a PSK, professional serial killer as she takes on a job. One that falls a little outside her normal jobs.
Rowena Hoseason
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
PSKs are professional serial killers. They’re bona fide proven sociopathic mass murderers of the very worst kind: the ones who don’t get caught. Instead they’re tracked down by an ultra-secret agency, given clean IDs, makeover surgery to suit each assignment, and sent into the field as the weapon of absolutely last resort.

Mark Sheldon writes snappy, accessible copy which bristles with witty in-jokes, pop culture and clever acronyms. He’s created a brilliantly bad protagonist in sassy Sarah, a
Shadow Girl
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a good story, and I have a ton of highlights to sift and sort through before writing a review. I just had to point out that I'm a 5 star fan of Mark Sheldon now!
My first highlight was at the beginning of chapter two, with note that reads "bonus points to author for being awesome!" Seriously - the Dr. Horrible references sprinkled throughout the story were killing me! (And I vow that I am going to try and cut at least one 'fuck' from my daily vocabulary, and replace it with 'Captain
Jason
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An awesome read

What can I say about this book ? It was a good book, that's what! crystal lake has again published a quality book. Mark Sheldon has left me wanting more. I hope there is a sequel! (Hint, hint) I highly recommend to all fans of modern horror !!!!
Miguel Bizarre
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh Porcupines!!! A quick fun read about Sarah and the joy of killing.
Mark
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This quite an enjoyable fast paced read.
I am hoping this will be the start of a new series to follow along with.
J.
Angela DeSilva
Jul 23, 2016
Kimberly
Mark Sheldon
Jul 24, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: written-by-me
Frederick Rotzien
Nancy Jones
Daniel Morris
Jul 31, 2016
Mark Sheldon is the author of "The Noricin Chronicles" and "Sarah Killian: Serial Killer (For Hire!)." He has also published "Mores of the Maelstrom," a collection of short stories. Mr. Sheldon lives in Southern California with his wife, Betsy.
“When I’m able to put my various prejudices aside, I’m actually an extremely good judge of character, and can get the measure of someone quickly. I just have to focus and turn off my usual internal monologue of automatically hating every single person I meet. It’s the difference between listening to my head—which dislikes everyone—and listening to my gut, which tends to be a more accurate personality barometer.” 0 likes
“Let’s just say that it’s no coincidence the word starts with two asses, because one ass is not enough for those douche bags.” 0 likes