Start by marking “Rouge” as Want to Read:
Rouge

Rouge

130+ piece collection of J.R. Rogue's most popular/shared pieces.
Paperback, 2, 104 pages
Published September 22nd 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Rouge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rouge

Start your review of Rouge
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
Jun 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I romance you
and
you regret me

I'm trying to read more poetry as my slump hits me the hardest. Rouge has 130+ collection and I've only like 40 of them. For something that I got for free, it's not that bad.
Maria
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
J. R. Rogue has this amazing ability to say so much with very few words. Her words have the power to take me back to my first heartache and with the turn of a page, I'm falling in love with my forever all over again. Some of her poems are raw, while others give you butterflies as you read and the nostalgia hits hard. The paperback version of this collection of work has so many tabs, and my ebook is practically highlighted from beginning to end from all the small passages that I love.
Ashley
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, loves
Obsessed, as always.

Double-edged is one of my many favorites. I can't get enough of this woman's poetry. I have never swallowed words up in this way before.
Madalyn Beck
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
Jen knows the darkest parts of who we are, and we can only smile at her words as she reveals just how alone we aren't. Another great collection!
Eunice Moral
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: poetry
Most of the poems are a little cliche for my own liking, but there are good ones as well. All in all it's a collection I already have encountered before. I want to read more of JR Rogue's new poems and see how the writing style will develop. Give it a try and see it for yourself.
Brina (Brina and the Books)
5 Stars

When you hear the word "poetry", what do you think of? Do you think back to your school years when your teachers made you read, analyze and interpret boring poems from long gone and dead poets?
Forget those long gone and dead poets! THIS is 21st century poetry as it's finest. Every poem of Rogue is so honest and real. I've marked so many poems that I can relate to and so many that were just beautiful in my eyes. I can't wait to read more poems of her!

I've always been
told I am
too
Felicia
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t think I liked poetry, but apparently I just wasn’t reading the right kind of stuff.

I loved this! I first heard about J.R. Rogue through Instagram. She posts a lot of her pieces on there and her writing is beautiful! This is the first book I have read of hers and plan to read more soon!

Top Favorites

“We are fools, no?” and “We will come back to each other”
Beatrix
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2017, poetry
save a spot for me
among the deeds you
deem as sins

I'll play the role well

Not my favorite from J. R. Rogue.
Jessica
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Words are written on my heart

Good grief.. this woman knows how to rip me apart. Her words are filled with so much emotion for me. Loved every part of it.
Taylor Clenin
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful.
Leila
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading this I now have a new found love of poetry, well not just any poetry J.R.Rogue's poetry.
I was surprised to find how many actually resonated with me and I look forward to reading more by this very wonderful and talented Author.
Jessica Luna
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I found your Instagram account one day and I instantly fell for your words, girl. You're great with them!!
This one in particular made me go back to a nostalgic time of my life and at the same time the now.
Ashley
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've always loved poetry. I haven't read much in forever. But I'm in love with J.R. Rogue. Her words are magic. Mesmerizing. Simply like lovely.
Suzette
Love this

I love this book so much I highlighted almost everything. How can this woman make me feel a lot of things with her words?
Alie
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry, 2016
I loved it!!! Review coming soon :D

*** For more bookish fun follow my boards on my Pinterest Book Blog @ https://www.pinterest.com/bookscapes/*** :)
Sarah Simone
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love everything about this. I love the cover and the title. I love the words inked into each and every page. This is one of my favorite books of poetry to date. I have several by J.R. Rogue and can't wait to read them all!!! This one is something i feel like every woman can relate to at different stages in life. It's just really really good!
Ally Guay
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Poetry has become my absolute favorite genre to read. Lately, I just can't get enough. And this book, this collection of poems, deffidently intrigued me. The material was raw, beautiful, and relatable. I found myself smiling, nodding, and thinking to myself, "that's me". Beautiful read:)
Shannon O'Connor
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Love

Once again I find myself relating too much to her poems. Beautiful and deep making me take a deeper look at myself. Left speechless by her words once again.
Fida Islaih
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

It touched me. Some poems are dreamy and some are sad. But all of them are full of so much truth.
Amanda
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not my favourite for the author's poem collection.
Taylor Hondos
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
JR Rogue is unbelievably good.
Inês Gueifão
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, poetry
Some of these really hit home.
Quinesia Johnson
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pretty great love poetry. Nothing too emotional here. Some honesty and red blooded passion. Very short poems, non- rhyming; but rhythmic throughout the book from poem to poem. I got it on sale, so it was totally worth it for me. A lot of poems here, but you could read it in like 20 or 30 min. For the girls and the guys, a few of the poems really hit home. Good poetry. Good stuff.

Oh yeah, there's almost no vulgarity or sacrilege.
Anna
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is the reason I became hooked on J.R. Rogue's words. Her instagram account drew me in, and the fact that she put all those beautiful words in a book had me so excited. It's beautiful and so full of feels. This is not just a must read it's a stop everything and run and get this!!
Alicia Cook
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was the J.R. Rogue I first fell in love with! Though this is her latest release, I truly believe this work is where her greatness started.
Allie Book It Blog

• With This Lie
  • When He Leaves You
  • DROPKICKromance
  • There Is Beauty In the Bleeding
  • In Between Heartaches (Hearts in Waiting Duet, #1)
  • Praying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #1)
  • I Hope This Makes You Uncomfortable
  • F*ck Marriage
  • Letting Go Is an Acquired Taste
  • My Dearest Hurricane: Love and Things that Looked like It
  • For The Broken
  • Of Yesteryear
  • Sad Birds Still Sing
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)