Start by marking “The Origin Key (Treasures of Dodrazeb Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Origin Key (Treasures of Dodrazeb Book 1)

The Origin Key (Treasures of Dodrazeb Book 1)

In the third century, the Persian Empire was a world power whose influence stretched from China to Europe. The king and his sons maintained peace with a powerful army—until the day a horde of screaming vandals attacked the king.

Pursuing a criminal known as the Viper, Prince Rasteem becomes suspicious when the Persian army easily conquers Dodrazeb. Princess Laneffri is desp
Published July 30th 2016 by Silver Empire

To ask other readers questions about The Origin Key, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Origin Key

Jeff Miller
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Feels like a historical fantasy with a touch of Lost Horizons.

I found it entertaining as a culture clash with both sides suspicious of the other. There is a lot going on involving legends and prophecies. The plotting and the characters pull the concept off in this start of a series.
Saundra Wright
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After a brutal attack leaves their father fighting for his life, two Pesian princes seek vengeance marching an army great distances to a hidden city searching for the Viper, the man responsible for the attack. Thinking to find the Viper, King of this city, in residence, they attack with vicious force only to be met with small resistance. The older brother's rage is held in check by the influence of Rasteem, the younger prince. As he learns more of the peaceful inhabitants of the city, Rasteem is ...more
Tanya
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
they had ruled in peace until the king's army was attacked. his son suspects something is up so he goes out to find out.what is going on a criminal needs to be pursed and he will find out what is going on. will they get to the truth? see what will happen as you follow the story

Philip Ligon
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fun read full of political intrigue, action, and twists. The characters are lively, the setting is exotic, and the author weaves in a rich backstory. Looking forward to reading what S.D. has in store with her next book!
Jenae (Jeni)
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting book. It started a little different than I thought it would, but it got better as the book went on. I would recommend giving this one a chance.

Shae Perkins
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful read! If you love times of armor & swords with kings and a princess this is the one for you.

Barb VanderWel
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
Tristen Kozinski
Dec 01, 2016 rated it liked it
This is the second of three books I received for free in return for a review.

On the whole, the Origin Key was fairly enjoyable with its unusual Persian setting and a distinct main protagonist who is at once temperamental and controlled. As the conqueror of a city-state, he constantly threatens aggression upon his new subjects but rarely follows through, which adds an interesting dynamic to the story and a substantial amount of tension.
I found the prose a little weak, but not egregiously so, and
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Forget that my mother is the author--I would give the same review if she was a total stranger. This book was well-crafted storytelling, and it was refreshing to have such a unique time and setting. Not many authors have tackled third-century Persia, especially in a sword-and-science fiction narrative, but she did a lot of research and applied it to world building a fictional place in a real setting.

I had the pleasure of reading several versions of this prior to the final copy that was published
S.D. McPhail
Jul 25, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
"A smart, thrilling mix of history and fantasy. S.D. McPhail is definitely an author to watch."
- Brian Niemeier, Campbell-nominated author of Souldancer

"Treasures of Dodrazeb: The Origin Key is a stunning debut novel. McPhail's creation is packed with tension and excitement, from the political machinations of the empire to the almost Atlantean history of Dodrazeb and mythical Anutupi. The imagery is enchanting, but the adventure is mesmerizing."
- Ashley Chappell-Peeples, author of Of War and T
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a terrific first novel. I enjoyed the mix of historical fantasy and science fiction. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.
Dwayne Barber