Start by marking “Ketchup on Your Cornflakes?” as Want to Read:
Ketchup on Your Cornflakes?

Ketchup on Your Cornflakes?

This is a book for anybody who likes to play with their food! It includes split pages so you can make up lots of very surprising meals!
Published February 20th 2006 by Scholastic (first published March 15th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Ketchup on Your Cornflakes?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ketchup on Your Cornflakes?

Start your review of Ketchup on Your Cornflakes?
BrookesEducationLibrary
Cheeky little split page flip book for younger readers to concoct all sorts of crazy meals and scenarios - do you like toothpaste on your toast? Or custard in your bath?
Very simplistic illustrations but very bold and colourful :)
Jemma
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Ok for the kind of book where you can match/mismatch the top and bottom halves. Nothing special though.
Fanni Sütő
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've bought this book because I teach English to kids, so my perspective is a bit specialised. I think it's a great book, playful and funny and a great way to teach Do... questions and food items.
Kit
Aug 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Yeeeees! The book of my childhood, my brother and I adored putting ketchup on our cornflakes, custard in our bath, toothpaste on our head...

Well, if you have to do the cleaning up afterwards, maybe this book isn't such a good idea, but although the layout is simplistic it's fun, brightly coloured and silly. My brother and I fought often over who would get to turn the pages. I picked this up again just the other day, now a teenager, and read through it with my little cousin, who thought it was
ABC
Oct 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: younger-kids
This is a very simple book. There are two flaps. The first says, "Do you like ketchup" and the second says, "on your cornflakes?" with pictures of ketchup being pourn onto cornflakes. You can change the flaps to ask different questions: "Do you like milk on your cornflakes?" "Do you like custard on your toes?" "Do you like ice cubes in your lemonade?" The child can answer either yes or no.

This makes a great book for Teaching English as A Foreign Language or Second Language.

There is one British
Kelly
May 06, 2011 added it
This is a fun book where you can turn the top half of the book or the bottom half and make strange combinations or normal combinations. For example, the top half might say, "Do you put ice cubes" and the bottom part would say "in your lemonade?" and then you could turn the bottom page and make it instead say "in your bath?"
Katrina
May 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids Ages 3+ and Food Storytime
Is there Ketchup on Your Cornflakes, sounds kinda gross--which, ofcourse, is why kids will love this. This flip through book is not only fun and cute, but great vocabulary builder for new readers. A fantastic attention keeper for storytime and I would recommened getting this book for any young reader, not just preschoolers.
Korin
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love reading this book to my kindergarten students! It's always hilarious to get their reactions.

me: "Do you like a DUCK on your HEAD?"
kids: "Nooooo-oooo!"
me: "(Boy's name) likes ducks on his head."
Boy: "Nooooo!"

Hehehe.
Gemma Jones
Stuck for something entertaining and interactive to read with your kids? This is your book.
Vicki
Nov 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture
A great book to read out loud to the Preschool group - very silly and there is a million ways to read this book. A great crowd pleaser.
Megan Mccormick
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edrd-314
i loved this book it s so funny and the kids whom i read t to could not stop laughing t all the different combinations
Jessica
May 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
My daughter discovered this book recently while at the Drs and ask for it the another night so had to buy it! It's a good book and quite funny.
Brittany

• The Snowman
  • Knock! Knock! Open the Door
  • The Artist Who Painted a Blue Horse
  • Dear Zoo: A Lift-the-Flap Book
  • Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?
  • The Mysterious Case of Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys
  • Drum Circle Facilitators' Handbook
  • Meg and Mog
  • Duck! Rabbit!
  • Where Are You?
  • Giraffes Can't Dance
Nick Sharratt is the author-illustrator of numerous books for children, including The Foggy, Foggy Forest and Dinosaurs’ Day Out. He lives in Brighton, England.