Start by marking “Heels over Head” as Want to Read:
Heels over Head

Read Book

Heels over Head

Henry Lindon is playing a game of tit for tat that he’s about to lose. Successful, charming executive Henry Lindon was happily making high-dollar global deals and enjoying the good life in Dallas when his job mysteriously disappears—and with it, his identity. On top of that, he’s sure his beautiful wife is having an affair with some Romeo down in Argentina.

While attemptin
Published February 7th 2017 by Greenleaf Book Group Press

To ask other readers questions about Heels over Head, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heels over Head

Start your review of Heels over Head
Trina
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, kindle, netgalley
I received this arc from Netgalley.

Great read! I enjoyed reading this book. A solid, well written book with humorous parts sprinkled throughout.
Michelle
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways-read
Not bad.
The first 70 pages were alil rough to get thru. I almost put the book down to finish it up later.
Some of the dialogue was a tad confusing & boring.
But other than that, not bad.
Received this book from a Gr Giveaway.
Greg Harris
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great plot, colorful and well fleshed out characters, twists, turns, and unpredictable outcomes make this a fun and enjoyable read!
Krystal
May 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Let me start off by saying that I was expecting more from this novel. Sure the blurb makes it t sound amazing, but then again the blurb has been known to occasionally be the best part of a book, and unfortunately in this case it was true.

We never get straight answers to anything. Why did he lose his job? What aside from something really silly caused him to think his wife was cheating? Why were the characters acting like kids fresh out of high school instead of the adults they were supposed to b
Katherine Hayward Pérez
This was a mixture, sometimes the plot grabbed me and sometimes it didn't. There were lots of twists and turns, though. I liked the cover and the characters. There were elements of romance, action and thriller that kept me reading.
Thanks to the author and publisher for an advance copy via NetGalley.
Sher
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book, mystery, netgalley
Thanks to the author and publisher for an advance copy via NetGalley.

Henry Lindon is moving into the next phase of his life of teaching law at an university in Dallas. Conflict ensnares his laid-back life and the past is coming for him.

This was suppose to be a thriller filled with suspense. I found it predictable and shallow. Henry careful consideration of everything backed by his critical thinking and slow paced decisions were in fact reactive, whiny, unassertive. A man that could never decide
Michael Hawron
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heels Over Head by Clay G. Small is a thoroughly delightful, delicious read!

Small’s protagonist—hapless Henry Lindon—captures the reader’s affection from page one with the infectious funk surrounding him. Trouble and adventure seem to stalk Lindon, despite all his best intentions. The underlying humor of the plot is taut, subtle, yet well-nourished throughout the tale.

Mr. Small does a masterful job of weaving a palette of colorful characters into an intriguing narrative, replete with twists and
Nancy
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Henry Lindon is now wondering what to do with himself after the life he has led in the business world is over. He is offered a professorship at a local college and decides to take it. He thinks his lovely wife is having an affair in Argentina when she is down there for business so life just keeps getting worse. Marvin, his brother tries to look at life in a fun loving way which sometimes is hard for Henry to take even though he loves Marvin. Then there is the guy who thinks they set the cherry b ...more
Alison
Oct 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
The story centers around Henry who is moving to the next phase of his life (in what appears to be begrudgingly) of teaching law at Southerland University. Our other main characters are his brother Marvin, his wife Marylou and a co-ed named Nichole, with some minor characters being tossed in.

The theme throughout the book: Is Henry simply being paranoid or is someone from high school out to get him?

I understood this book to be a mystery/suspense theme. However, I found the book fairly predictable
Beverly Dossett
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. It was easy to get caught up in the story and interesting characters who were so believable they practically jumped off the page. I doubt that I would have read it (since I depend mostly on the audio version which isn’t available yet) except for the fact that the author had accepted the invitation to be a guest at our book club today. He was so interesting, and willing to answer questions we all had after finishing the book. He’s working on his second book now.
Beverly
Kat
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Others have called this a thriller, but I didn't really think it was that suspenseful. I got it for free from Early Reviewers and I enjoyed the book, but it wasn't gripping. It was fairly predictable much of the time, though some of the things I expected to be intertwined were never tied together in the book.

It was a VERY fast read, but I only had it in paperback format, so I left it at home and didn't have time to read at home much immediately after starting it. I think that it would have been
Jessica Mcbee
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
I had a hard time with the descriptions in this novel. Once I started skimming and picking up on the most relevant facts, the novel read a lot better for me. I think if the prose was tightened up, this would be a really enjoyable book, even with the far fetched shenanigans. Thanks to NetGalley for providing the ARC in exchange for my honest opinion.
Dave
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thank you to author Clay G. Small and publisher Greenleaf Book Group for this ARC of Heels Over Head. Also, thanks to Goodreads for hosting this opportunity through the First Reads program.

I really liked this one. An easy to read, great story with some entertaining characters. A mix of mystery, action, comedy, thriller and romance, with some nice plot twists and turns. Everything was kept light, including the one murder - no detailed graphic depictions of the victim.

The cover is nicely done, dis
Hubert
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliantly written this book is built on the experiences of Mr. Smalls long career in law and takes advantage of his many travel experiences. The story takes place in Dallas and locals will recognize many of the sites and events. It is suspenseful and funny, imaginative and full of surprises. The kind of book you won't put down until you are through. A real treat!
Rachael Carter
Oct 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: library
honestly this is another book I can not review. got to chapter 5 and called it quits.
Chelsea
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great story and a fun read. Won this book on Good Reads and was pleasantly surprised. Appreciate and thanks Clay G. Small for this tale. Any chance of a sequel?
Aisha-Kimberly Hashmi
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book, it was great. loved the ending, lol.
Anjali
May 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book had a decent premise but it lost me in the lack of excitement. The characters were a little too comical and the plot was weak. It just read like a bad Lifetime movie.
Chaya Nebel
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This novel is a very engaging, fast-paced corporate/revenge thriller. The characters for the most part are finely drawn, although the villains tend toward the caricatured. There isn't a lot of action that you might see in other novels of these types, and there's a lot more dialogue; however, the novel keeps your interest.

We start out with a protagonist, Henry Lindon, who has lost a high-power corporate job. He is now teaching at university, but conflicts arise. The novel's exposition sets up a l
Marianne Donovan
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book serves an excellent example for the importance of good communication. Most of the conflict in this book could have been avoided had the characters simply spoken honestly to one another. Everyone had a piece of the puzzle, but no one was willing to speak up. Heels Over Head is a quick read novel, a corporate/revenge thriller.

Henry Lindon, once a high-powered executive is now reduced to teaching at a university. He finds he is at a crossroads in his life; he believes his wife is having a
Mark McGowan
Jul 22, 2018
Ocean
Oct 31, 2017
Robert Hendrix
Jan 27, 2017
Heidi | Paper Safari Book Blog
This was an okay book, there were several pieces that I felt jumped the shark or were just out of character. Henry was a bit whiny for my taste and then all of a sudden grew a backbone. There just seemed to be too many "coincidences" for someone to start putting things together. An unnecessary death, I think the author didn't know what to do with this character so it was easier to kill her off then to find a way to fit her into the final plan.

Overall it was an entertaining easy to read, fluff m
Don Halasz
Feb 10, 2020

• Wrack and Ruin
  • Biker
  • Mrs Queen Takes the Train
  • Art Hound (Dev Haskell #16)
  • Small-Headed Flycatcher. Seen Yesterday. He Didn't Leave His Name.: And Other Stories
  • Small Porcelain Head
  • The Naked Lady Who Stood on Her Head: A Psychiatrist’s Stories of His Most Bizarre Cases
  • Diary of a Time Spy (An hilarious adventure for children aged 9-12) (Diary of a Sixth Grade Time Spy)
  • Point of Contact (Jack Ryan Universe, #23)
  • Soccer Star Lionel Messi
  • Huge Deal (21 Wall Street, #3)
  • It's Just the Way It Was: Inside the War on the New England Mob and other stories
  • The Perfect Wife (Jessie Hunt #1)
  • Maxie (Triple X, #2)
  • February's Files (Manny Rivera, #2)
  • Talking with the Dead (Kat Parker #2)
  • My Big, Fat, Fake Wedding
  • Art Attack (Dev Haskell - Private Investigator Book 21)
During his thirty-year career at PepsiCo, Inc., Clay G. Small was General Counsel of nearly all of PepsiCo’s current and former divisions, including Frito-Lay, Pepsi-Cola, Pizza Hut, Kentucky Fried Chicken, and PepsiCo Wines & Spirits.

He worked as Senior Vice President – Managing Attorney, PepsiCo, Inc. In that position, he was responsible for all legal matters arising out of PepsiCo’s global oper