Start by marking “The Melody of You and Me (Lillac Town, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Melody of You and Me (Lillac Town, #1)

The Melody of You and Me

(Lillac Town #1)

After dropping out of university and breaking up with her girlfriend of three years, Chris Morrison’s life is now a mind-numbing mess. She doubts that working at the small neighborhood bookstore is going to change that. The rest of her time is spent mostly playing guitar and ignoring the many messages her mother keeps sending her about going back to college.
But one day, an
Published February 19th 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Melody of You and Me, please sign up.
Anna Sybert I think this book was self-published, so you won't find it on amazon or barnes and noble anytime soon. Maybe you can get this on kindle or an e-…moreI think this book was self-published, so you won't find it on amazon or barnes and noble anytime soon. Maybe you can get this on kindle or an e- reader? (less)

Emma Giordano
Jun 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
Unfortunately, I really was not a big fan of this book (least-favorite-book-of-the-year "not a fan of"). It does have it's perks, but ultimately, it was a big flop for me, especially seeing so many people on Twitter speak about it.

Positives: The Subject Matter
The Melody of You And Me conquers a lot of subject matter that deserves more light in literature.
-pansexuality
-Filipina lesbian love interest
-female masturbation
-f/f sex
-*not knowing your career path as a young adult* (my favorite aspect
Melanie

Okay, first and foremost, you all need to know that I ID as pansexual. And my friend, Alexis, who I buddy read this with identifies as pansexual. And this is a story about a pansexual girl falling in love. And if that’s not one of the cutest things you’ve seen this Pride, I don’t have words for you. 💖💛💙

“…when people doubt her sexuality. Or the times when she needs to explain why she just feels more comfortable using pansexual than bisexual”

But real talk, this is honestly a story about a pans
Nat
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've seen this novella floating around here and there, and finally decided to take my shot while needing something quick to cheer me up. And I'm eternally grateful for stumbling upon this little gem at exactly the right time.

The Melody of You and Me tells the story of Christine “Chris” Morrison falling in love with her sweet and energetic bookstore coworker, Josalie “Josie” T. Navarro. It's a wonderful tale that includes discussions of:

• the “But what do you want to do with your life” dilemma.
Cece (ProblemsOfaBookNerd)
I really wanted to love this, and I think it had a lot of great elements like openness about masturbation for women, general sex positivity, good supporting cast of queer characters, discussions about college not necessarily being for everyone, and plenty of queer characters of color. The main character was pansexual, the love interest was Filipino and a lesbian. There was a lot of good here in terms of characters and concepts. There was even a whole thing about the ballet world being incredibly ...more
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This was mega cute. Not my favorite thing that I've ever read, but I'm excited to carry on in the series! I need more F/F new adult in my life.
Sonja ✧ Badass Wanderer ✧
❝For every lonely girl out there in the world. May you find yourself in the pages of a book.❞
description

The Melody of You and Me hit me on so many levels. As a pansexual girl, I finally feel seen and not invisible and erased: I feel validated. I've been reading books since I was very young, and this is the first time a part of me has been represented in a book I've read. This is why representations matters, and why diverse books (especially Own Voices) are important.

What I really liked about the pansexua
Romie
Well, well, well, that was adorable. Not amazingly WOW, but good.
I liked the character of Chris - SHE'S PANSEXUAL *heart eyes*, she embodies the millennials : encouraged to go to uni right after graduating from High School, even though she has no idea what she wants to do with her life, to then decide college isn't for her.

Why is it unacceptable to take a little time to figure out what she wants to do for the rest of her life ?

Because some people are simply not made to go to college, and it's fr
✨    jamieson   ✨
"She wishes they could stay like this forever. Just the two of them; telling stories and sharing secrets without a care in the world."

I found this book so very cute! This is a novella romance about two girls who work together at a bookstore and the romantic element definitely had all the mushy gooey I-feel-warm-inside feelings that make romances gret

I also think representation and discussion was done so well in this book. The main character Chris is pansexual and the love interest Josie is Fil
Laura (bbliophile)
I. Loved. This. So. Much. The Melody of You and Me is one of the cutest f/f romances I’ve ever read, plus it’s set in a bookstore, so what’s not to like? And even though the novella is only about 100 pages, I felt very connected to the characters, and was incredibly invested in the romance.
Just in case I haven’t convinced you to read it yet, let me sum up some other reasons why you should read it: the MC is pansexual, there’s a Filipino lesbian love interest, and it’s very sex positive. This is
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
Once upon a time, I beta read The Melody of You and Me.

This book would stir your soul with subtle wisdom about life and being pansexual. Of course, there's also cute girls, sex, and romance. It is a giant GAY story. We truly need to see more sapphic bookworms. Support your local girl gang and buy it on Amazon now.
Chelsea slytherink
⁓ review also posted on my Wordpress! ⁓ spoiler-free review! ⁓

It has probably been over a year since I've read a New Adult novel. I wasn't aware that The Melody of You and Me is New Adult before I picked it up, but it has convinced me that I should pick up the genre more often, because this was a lot of fun!

Like I've said, The Melody of You and Me is definitely New Adult. There are some explicit sex scenes, but that was a good thing. We need to read more about sex-positive women. Furthermore, f
M. Hollis
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: lgbqtia
I wrote this novella and I can guarantee it is adorable and gay :)

EDIT: You can buy the ebook on Amazon or read it from free with Kindle Unlimited!
Paperback copies available:
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Melody-You-Me-...
Createspace: https://www.createspace.com/6597377
BookDepo: https://www.bookdepository.com/The-Me...
Maf (Bookworm Wanders)
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
GUYS THERE'S MORE FROM LILY'S POV?! WHAT DID WE DO TO BE SO BLESSED?!?!
K.
2.5 stars.

This is a pretty adorable new adult book. Chris is in her early 20s and has dropped out of college because half way through, she realised that she didn't know if she wanted to spend the rest of her life doing what she was studying. But she has no idea what she DOES want to do. So she's working in a bookstore until she works it out. She's also pansexual and her girlfriend broke up with her because of the whole I-dunno-what-I-want-to-do-with-my-life thing.

Then a girl named Josie starts
Chasia Lloyd
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
There are some novellas that scream WAY TOO SHORT to me, but this is not one of them. The Melody of You and Me is a cute, sweet F/F new adult novella about two bookstore co-workers falling in love.

I LOVED that the main character, Chris, is pansexual. She's trying to figure out what to do with her life and getting over a heartbreak. Her love interest, Josie, is a Filipino lesbian with a secret passion for ballet dancing. Together, these two are absolutely wonderful together. The novella felt like
Natalie Hennessy
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, on-my-shelves
All of the stars!!! I have so many feels right now ❤
⚔ Silvia ⚓
This was fun and cute and a light read while also touching many different important themes!

*Book 4 read for sapphicathon*
Angele  Ponco
This is the very first ARC I received and reviewed for, and I'm so happy that the author trusts me enough to review both the first draft and the ARC!

If you're into really cute and simple story lines but with very serious issues to be tackled with, then you should definitely read this book. Please take note that this is a lesbian romance themed book, and I was a bit shocked when I first read it because I haven't read any FF books. I definitely need to widen my readings lol. I also loved how the c
Aleksandra
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
kiss all the pizza, eat all the girls

This novella is the sweetest thing! Pansexual girl Chris works in the bookstore and her new collegue is lesbian Filipino girl Josie, the romance ensues. I had such a wonderful time reading the novella. It's a debut for M. Hollis, a very strong debut I must add! The writing is good, I like the pacing and the general mood of the story. The novella is absolutely romance driven, but I appreciate the importance of friendship and family to the story, as well. The r
Ava
Jun 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh, this is such a cute and sweet NA novella starring a pansexual girl!

I'd heard such great things about this one from a lot of friends, and honestly, I wanted to like it more, but I think it's a book that works for some people and not for others. I would recommend it for wonderful pan rep, which is such a rarity.

I wasn't a fan of the writing style at all, and that really detracted from my enjoyment of the book.

Overall, I'm glad I read it, for sure. But it isn't a favorite.
Shelly
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Melody of You and Me is a delightful f/f novella featuring a bookstore employee and her crush on a new coworker. I really enjoyed reading from the POV of Chris and I think many will find her relatable (especially as she struggles with her future). The romance, the main focus of the novel, was adorable and I really liked it!

Thanks to the author for a review copy!
Amber
The writing wasn't my thing at times, but the romance was
amanda
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
this was super cute and fun and conflict free which i very much appreciated
Olivia Chanel's Galaxy of Books
I can’t imagine a universe where The Melody of You and Me doesn't get all the 5 cake slices (or as mundane people call it, stars) in the world, just for being absolutely fantastic. This story blew me away, in the best way possible. It’s funny, it’s cute and it explores so many topics that so many people just like to ignore instead of face head on. The Melody of You and Me is about two girls, Chris and Josie, who fall in love over time spent working together in a bookstore. Their story will make ...more
Cat
The Melody of You and Me
The Paths We Choose

This was adorable and I'm so excited to read more in the series! It contains so many important things, including:
- dismissing the 'we can't date if you're not out' trope
- female masturbation & discussion of why that should be normalised
- shoutouts to other books & authors
- commentary on the pressure to go to college
- depicts that sometimes a breakup where you never talk again is best for one's mental health
Silvana [The Book Voyagers]
// so cute, so precious, so fun

The Melody of You and Me is really just as great as anyone tells you it is. The main characters work at a bookstore and we have pansexual rep + lesbian rep (the mc is pansexual and the love interest is lesbian) AND the love interest is Filipino!!! yaaaas ~ it isn't angsty, it's just fun and cuteness all around to be honest. It's a great novella, it's short but you have such a good time reading it. I recommend everyone to pick it up!!!
Jen
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW CUTE THIS WAS!!!!!! CUTE GIRLS FALLING IN LOVE!!!! MUSIC!!!! BOOK STORES!!!!

The whole thing resonated a lot with me. I could see myself in every character, connect to every struggle. It had some amazing really important dialogues and it was beautifully diverse.

Full review to come.
- bookstore setting
- present tense
- choppy sentences
✨Skye✨
Meh. This was a cute, quick read but there was nothing special about it for me. If this was a straight romance and you removed all of the amazing representation from it, I don't think I'd have liked this at all.
This does have some great representation, with the main character Chris being pansexual and her love interest Josie being lesbian. This is very sex positive and it was nice to read a book where the characters weren't persecuted against for their sexuality at all and their peers reactions
lauren ♡ (wonderless reviews)
this was such a cute wlw with so much important representation!! it was so good seeing a pan mc and being able to see myself in a book. there were so many good discussions on young people being pressured to know what they want to do for the rest of their life. their was f/f sex positivity and sex positivity in general. it's the only NA i've ever considered reading.

i hate criticising writing bc i can't write at all, but it's definitely not perfect. there was some instalove and some tropes/cliche
  • Out on Good Behavior (Radleigh University, #3)
  • Treasure
  • Style
  • The Love Song of Sawyer Bell (Tour Dates, #1)
  • Turning Pointe (District Ballet Company, #0.5)
  • Fearless
  • Wild
  • Frenemy of the People
  • Guarded
  • My Year of Epic Rock
  • A&B (Mechanical Hearts, #2)
  • Once Ghosted, Twice Shy (Reluctant Royals, #2.5)
Writer of sapphic stories.

Lillac Town (2 books)
  • The Paths We Choose (Lillac Town #2)
“most people just consider her to be a twenty-one-year-old girl without a major, a partner, or any life plans. People keep trying to force this idea on her that if she doesn’t get her life together before her thirties, she will be useless to the world.” 1 likes
“Wait,” Lily says as she moves away a bit. Mayte opens her eyes with worry, searching Lily’s face. “Everything okay?” Mayte asks. She removes her fingers and waits for a response. “Yeah, it’s just…” Lily sighs, wondering the best way to explain this. Her mind is still foggy from the pleasure. “I don’t like penetration. Like, it’s not going to do anything for me.” It feels awkward to say it out loud, but it’s better than faking it. The first time they had sex, Mayte hadn’t tried to finger her, only using her tongue and hands on her clit. “Oh. That’s fine. Do you want me to go down on you or something?” Lily” 0 likes