Start by marking “Love in an Elevator: A Romantic Comedy Anthology” as Want to Read:
Love in an Elevator: A Romantic Comedy Anthology

Love in an Elevator: A Romantic Comedy Anthology

Laugh, swoon, and escape with this romantic comedy anthology!

Will an elevator ride change her life? In HOLD THE LIFT by Aven Ellis, Sierra Crawford ends up meeting sexy British hockey player Jude Parker after their elevator sticks. Sierra finds herself getting to know Jude—and she likes what she sees. But he wouldn’t be interested in a food-obsessed assistant editor right? Sierra knows she’anthology!

Will

Published July 20th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Love in an Elevator, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love in an Elevator

Vicki
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Aven Ellis starts the book with the cutest most hilarious story and the stories keep the laughs going and the romance simmering. I love a good sweet short story that draws me in. these did that and they made me wish they were longer. I enjoyed each of the stories and laughed at each of them. It made me want to go find a rickety elevator just to see what happens.

I was provided an ARC of this anthology in exchange for an honest review.

All were new authors to me except for Rich Amooi and I am no
Annette
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Content: Fairly clean. There were several fade-to-black sex scenes, though nothing explicit. There was mild swearing in some of them. The F-bomb was dropped twice, once in two different stories. One story has flash backs that include the MC's Party-girl lifestyle, which she now regrets. One story talks about reading an explicit romance novel and gives some info on some of the scenes that would be included in that kind of book.

Overall, this was a cute collection. The stories were all
Lexxi Kitty
7 Chick Lit stories, 1 Dick Lit story, some by authors I've read before.

Hold the Lift by Aven Ellis
Age 23, Denver, Writer/reporter, athlete, MF

Woman arrives back to her apartment building after a long day of making fajitas. Smells like that. Is vaguely worried about how bad she smells. Doors begin to close, an English accent calls out 'hold the lift' - woman debates about doing so or letting the doors close. Holds the lift. Man gets on. Elevator goes up. Gets stuck. They are forced t/>Hold
Whitney
Hold the Lift by Aven Ellis-I LOVED this story. Out of all the authors in this anthology, I've only read Aven's books, but now I've found a few new favorites to check out!! This was a cute little story about a quirky, headstrong girl and a British hockey player. Sierra doesn't know Jude is a famous hockey player at first, making the conversation and chemistry flow naturally! Jude loves the way Sierra acts around him, teasing and joking, not like the usual girls who try to impress him since he's ...more
Sandra Lopez
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
After a harrowing day of smelling like fajitas, an assistant editor gets stuck in an elevator with a hot, British guy and is rooked into playing a game of “2 Truths and 1 Lie.” (“Hold the Lift” by Aven Ellis)

A woman gets stuck in the elevator with her ex, leading to the two spending the night in Vegas as she reminisces back to her college drinking days and how she lost the bestest friend she ever had. (“Down, then Up” by Beth Labonte)

“Going Up” by Whitney Dineen was also
Jennifer Dicenzo
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
These are the kinds of anthologies that you wish would never end! They could never be long enough! There are a great summer read with plenty of romance. I love that I got to try new authors and find out I enjoy their writing quite a bit. What these books have in common is that the couples meet in or around elevators. Now who hasn't dreamed of being trapped in an elevator with a super hot guy?? My favorite of the anthology was Aven Ellis' Hold The Lift. It is the same vein as her other books whic ...more
Francesca
Aug 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nice anthology. my favorite short story is the one by Geralyn Corcillo
CeCe
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
There was only one story, the first one by Aven Ellis that I enjoyed. The others were wordy and lost most me with all the inner dialogue. Not sure this anthology was worth even my $.99.

Simona
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Love in an Elevator is a Romantic Comedy Anthology with a collection of eight short stories written by some wonderful authors.
An anthology like this is a great way to discover new authors. I started reading it, because I love Aven Ellis and her stories. Some authors I heard of talking to other bloggers and seeing their reviews and again some of these authors I have never heard of.

I have to say that sometimes short stories tend to be a bit too short, but here it wasn’t the case. I felt like the
Heather
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This collection of romantic comedies is a fun, refreshing way to look at all the different ways an elevator can lead to hilarity and play a part in romantic relationships! I received a copy of this collection for free in exchange for an honest review.

Hold The Lift – Aven Ellis
I’m a huge Aven Ellis fan and this story was a prime example of why. Sexy British hockey player Jude Parker ends up stuck in the elevator in his building with Sierra Crawford, who is the assistant editor o
Jessica
Nov 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, novella
This was a good collection of novellas. They were all well written and sweetly romantic.
S.A.
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable collection of novellas!
Denise Whelan
Jan 10, 2017 rated it liked it
It was okay, not the worst book that I have ever read!
Derna
Aug 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Love in an Elevator or as being British I want to call it Love In A Lift is a collection of cute, fun, flirty novellas written by some great author. Usually, when I read an anthology, I will mainly read the one by the author whose work I Iove and have read before which in my case was Aven Ellis if I have time I may read a few others. However, after reading Aven’s contribution HOLD THE LIFT that I adored I decided I wanted to read the rest because I like the premise. I wanted to know wanted to kn ...more
Jo Perry
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Rom com fans
If the two fabulous and very different stories I've read so far are any indication, this anthology of romantic, comic shorts is touching, funny and––true to the elevator theme––an uplifting and a wonderful ride.

Geralyn Corcillo, whose rom coms Queen of the Universe, Miss Adventure, and the short story quartet, 4 in the Afternoon are smart, fresh and brilliant, doesn't disappoint with her "Upstairs, Downstairs... and the Lift in Between."

Corcillo's set-up is fabulous: Pasadena comput
B.R. Maycock
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have books from all of the authors contributing on my kindle bar two (am now looking those two up!) and as you know I live for chick lit and so I lunged for this one. There’s eight stories/ novellas (as I see them described) all based around the title ‘Love in an elevator’ and I loved the fact that they all didn’t just descend to conversations in an elevator (known as lifts over here-Love in a Lift wouldn’t quite have the same ring now, would it?!). Actually, on the novella thing, a lot of peo ...more
Kate McMurry
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a cute collection of romantic comedy novellas. All the stories are a fun read, but in my humble opinion, as a huge fan of romantic comedy, one story in particular is truly outstanding, and it alone is worth the very reasonable price of the book, which I bought in Kindle format:

GOING UP? by Whitney Dineen

Fiona Kitchen moves to the Big Apple to expand her spa business to a new and more prosperous location, but instead of making the contacts that lead to fulfilling h
Jennifer Collin
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
To be honest, I approached this anthology with trepidation. Why, you might ask? Well, simply because it’s an anthology and I’ve never considered myself a fan of short stories. Perhaps we can blame high school English classes for that. In any case, after reading this collection, I am now a complete convert. Anthologies are marvellous things and I plan to read many, many more of them.

Again, you may be wondering why…? And the answer is simple again - anthologies mean you can sample a ra
Stephanie
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Finding Love in an Elevator

If you're looking for a lovely bunch of short stories about falling in love, look no further. I don't like to give any spoilers in my reviews but I will say the following:
Aven Ellis's book is amazing! I adore her writing style. Sierra and Jude are no exception! I LOVE them! Absolutely refreshing and witty to read.
Beth Labonte's story was a wonderful story about two exs at a bachelor/bachelorette party in Vegas. I'm sure to be looking for more of her storie
Pascale
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Love In An Elevator-A Romantic Comedy Anthology

Aven Ellis said it best when she wrote: "I want my books to be easy reading, a beach read, and an escape when you need one." I would say that she was successful. In fact, this collection of stories about finding love in an elevator is all of those things, and more.
Despite being about meeting and falling in love in an elevator (or shortly thereafter), all of these stories are vastly different and unique in plot.
These books have humour, romanc
Camille
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book by Becky Monson for an honest review. I will be completely honest in saying that I have yet to read all the stories in the collection. So far, I have read the first story by Aven Ellis and then skipped to Ms. Becky Monson's story. I do have plans to finish the book in it's entirety, and then will update my review.

I really enjoyed the plots of both stories that I have read so far. The first story had a fun, flirty plot. It was clean in content, but not
Ruth
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
HOLD THE LIFT by Aven Ellis had a quirky style.

DOWN, THEN UP by Beth Labonte did a good job of interweaving the past and present; the female lead was refreshingly not-so-perfect.

GOING UP? by Whitney Dineen was my favorite. It was the least predictable and a lot of fun.

TAKING A CHANCE by Becky Monson - I wasn't so sure about, but the ending knocked my socks off.

HAPPY TO BE STUCK WITH YOU by Rich Amooi - Rich delivers his trademark well-written chara
Paula D
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love in a elevator I loved every authors story! They were each funny, and had me smiling for the couples. Such cute,romance stories that made you wish it would happen to you. Always meeting someone special in a elevator and going from there. Little Drama are in some but every story had a great ending! Rich Amooi story had me laughing the most a story about Becca liking Daniel but rumor is he's gay so Becca just has to get over it. Becca and Daniel get stuck in a elevator together with a client. ...more
Lanesha
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review and I can honestly say I loved it! I read this without expectations because I've never been too interested in short stories but these stories made me laugh out loud. I've been a fan of Whitney Dineen's other books and her short story didn't disappoint. All the authors perfectly wrote stories that I could relate to and seamlessly had plots with elevators. I'll read these stories over and over again, it's the perfect summer read for anyone who ...more
Gloria
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 7-21-16
I was a lucky winner of this book Love in an Elevator as an ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review. I have read all of Aven books and have enjoyed them all. Aven has such a great writing style that you can't help but fall in love with the characters. The ability to write in such and easy way that makes reading it so enjoyable that before you know it you have finished it! Hold the Lift was exciting and fun to read. A sexy British man with pale blue eyes and gorgeous blondish-brown hair with ...more
Lili
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was looking forward to reading this as I had already read and loved books by 5 of the 8 authors, and I wasn't disappointed.
The stories are fun, an easy read and a pleasant mix of styles. I only rated this 4 stars beaucouse the stories are too short to really develop and some of them I liked more than others , but they are still very enjoyable - happy endings are so nice, and I finished them smiling and relaxed.

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Melody
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
I do not recommend this book.

I don't remember where I heard about this book, but I usually get recommendations from blogs that recommend clean books, so I was disappointed with the content. Some of these stories made me laugh out loud, which I enjoy, but most of them were too loose with morals.

There were no sex scenes, but lots of characters had promiscuous lifestyles or attitudes. There was also profanity in most of the stories, including the name of Deity.
Rita Leathers
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved all the stories and the characters. I was hoping none of the stories would end. This is the first time I had read anything by all the authors except Rich Amooi. I will definitely be reading move by all of them now. I recommend this book to anyone that loves romance and want a great pick- me- up when they don't have time to get into a longer story.

I was given a copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion.
Pam H
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun romantic stories

This kind of book is why I enjoy my Kindle Unlimited subscription as it' is not something I would necessarily purchase but I would have missed this collection of romantic short stories. As is the benefit of anthologies I have discovered some new to me authors and will be looking for other books they have written.
Abby
Oct 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Overall, I'd give this a 3-3.5.
Hold the Lift by Aven Ellis: 4
Down, Then Up by Beth Labonte: 4
Going Up? by Whitney Dineen: 2.5
Taking a Chance by Becky Monson: 4
Happy to be Stuck With You by Rich Amooi: 2
Upstairs, Downstairs...and the Lift in Between by Geralyn Corcillo: 4
The Only Way Is Up by Lindy Dale: 2
Out of Order by Dee Ernst: 2.5

• Four Chambers (Power of the Matchmaker)
  • Regally Blonde (Chick Flick Clique, #2)
  • Sweetened with Honey (A Farm Fresh Romance #3)
  • Captain Hook (Faerie Tale Collection, #14)
  • To Move the World
  • Bethany's New Reality
  • Between Heaven and Earth
  • The Reformer (Power of the Matchmaker Book 12)
  • Not Always Happenstance (Power of the Matchmaker)
  • Hello, Hollywood! (Backstage Pass, #2)
  • Ties That Bind (Rebekka, #2)
  • Chasing Fireflies (Power of the Matchmaker)
  • Masquerade
  • Jane and Austen
Aven began her publishing career in 2013 with her debut release, Connectivity. She currently writes hockey and baseball romances and is launching a royal romance series this year.

Her books are designed to make readers laugh out loud and fall in love. Happily-ever-after endings and good-boy heroes are guaranteed.

Aven lives in the Dallas area with her family. She is a huge fa