Start by marking “Anchors & Vacancies” as Want to Read:
Anchors & Vacancies

Anchors & Vacancies

Anchors & Vacancies is a 45 piece series originally titled "Left Atrium Anchors & Right Ventricle Vacancies" written in late 2014 and early 2015. It's all the things we all hold onto, all the things we let anchor onto us, and all the things that leave us vacant. ...more
Paperback, First, 50 pages
Published July 29th 2016 (first published June 30th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Anchors & Vacancies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anchors & Vacancies

Start your review of Anchors & Vacancies
Zoë Luna Lennox Micah-Montoya
in the throes of loneliness and heartbreak. hoping they'll stay. hoping that you're enough for them. i understand that. that's me. this book is like going back and looking over every part of your relationship before your heart was broken. dissecting the parts of it. the good. the bad. the parts you didn't realize were bad. finding yourself in the throes of loneliness and heartbreak. feeling liberated at some point because you're free of being worried that they won't stay. this book is that. that ...more
Ashley
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this collection. Definitely felt some past heartaches again.
Samantha Modica
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a tiny little chapbook packed full of surprises. I dove into Anchors& Vacancies with high expectations because I adore Kat Savage - not just for her poetry, but her personality as well. She's a likable woman and cares for her fans which I believe makes all the difference when reading her work, knowing what a wonderful person she is.

Anyways, Anchors & Vacancies definitely met my expectations. It was packed full of raw emotion - everything you would expect to feel when you're hurting fro
Lesley
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There we go.

Easily my favourite of Savage's collections. It was exactly what I needed to read right now and everything that I've been feeling. I loved so much of it.
Holly's Little Book Reviews
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is full of heartbreak and love that we can all relate to. Those days when we think we can't heal, the days when we want nothing more than to heal, and the times between where we're just trying to find our way back to who we were. Beautiful words which bring back so many moments and memories.
Brianna
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you've ever had your heart broken (and be honest here, who hasn't), if you live with ghosts (and who doesn't) this book is for you. Do yourself a favor and buy this. When reading Kat Savages words I often feel like she jumped into my brain and saw straight to my heart, writing words that only I knew I felt.
Madalyn Beck
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Filled with love and heartbreak - longing and acceptance. I literally could not put this book down through all 45 poems. Kat understands the hurt, and we are not alone in the wounds.
Karina
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Serene
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am a fan of Kat Savage's work - her poems are raw and honest and so relatable. This chapbook had some pieces that I loved and absolutely adored, but also some I didn't love so much that felt a little repetitive.
Shannon O'Connor
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
5 stars

I really have no complaints, once again I’m in love with Savages writing. She somehow manages to put all my feelings into words and make me feel stronger because of it. I absolutely loved this book and I am off to read her next.
Maria
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 poetic stars

I honestly needed a strong dose of Kat. Sometimes the waters pull me so far down. I need the hurt of the words to help process it all. She is so incredibly talented.
Katie Blanchard
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I hate reading a book so fast, but you can't help but devour this little book of poems. It was apparent how cathartic writing it was for the author. That bond with the reader going through similar experiences makes this a great read.
Brigitte Thomas
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kat really does have a way with words. Every time I open a book of her poetry, I am struck by the depth of her poems. This one hits hard, especially if you've ever had your heart broken and longed for the person that hurt you sometimes.
Micaele
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, poetry
Simplesmente maravilhoso, cada livro que leio dessa autora mais me identifico com ela.
Dogukan
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

This is actually one of a few books that I think are too good for Kindle Unlimited. It reminds me of Trista Mateer and alikes.
Ashley
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED this collection. Definitely felt some past heartaches again.
Rachel Dows
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another beautiful work by Kat Savage.

Update: Finding Savage less and less relatable. I remember being enraptured by her work, yet now it falls flat. Unimpressed. I think if you're in a bad place, Savage speaks to you, but she cannot take you to those places and show you what it is to hurt. You must already be hurting.
Megan Adams
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
Kat is raw, honest, and kind to herself and her readers in a way that only someone who has been through hell and can still see the sun could be. She is a phenomenal writer and an even better human being.
kaylan
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
not necessarily bad, just nothing special imo
Devon Anderson
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five. Mother. Fucking. Stars.
Anna
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
These poems are AMAZING!!! She really captures hurt in such a beautiful way. This was my first Kat Savage experience and I am definitely hooked.
Randall Walden

• Don't Tell Me to Be Quiet
  • Our Songs, Our Places, Without You
  • There Is Beauty In the Bleeding
  • She Was The Storm
  • Break Your Glass Slippers (You Are Your Own Fairy Tale, #1)
  • My Dearest Hurricane: Love and Things that Looked like It
  • Secrets We Told The City: Poems
  • I Am More Than My Nightmares
  • Poems For The Moon: Vol 1
  • All Of My Bullshit Truths: Collected Poems
  • in the absence of the sun
Kat Savage’s unique brand of storytelling combines some of her own truths with a little bit of fiction to connect to people in a very real way. She writes about ugly things authentically and shamelessly.