Start by marking “Reigntime (Reigntime Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Reigntime (Reigntime Series, #1)

Reigntime (Reigntime Series, #1)

Lexie Taylor, a seventeen-year-old student nurse in tropical North Queensland, has been assigned a new patient and she’s baffled by his odd and uncooperative behaviour. But she finds herself drawn to the enigmatic Myall, who, for the first time since the death of her older brother, reminds Lexie of what it is to be happy.

As Lexie begins to trust him, Myall reveals he is a
Published July 15th 2016 by Australian eBook Publisher

To ask other readers questions about Reigntime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reigntime

Brenda Waworga
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS

Thank you so much for S.K Levy for prividing me this book in trade for honest review...

This book is a type of magical realism/Fantasy genre and a good start for a series.. i put the things i like and dislike about this book

What I like:
- It spoke about grief and lost which i felt very related cause i also lost someone so dear in my life and it was really hard to completely move on
- The Idea about Reigntime creatures and magic and enchantments and spell and reincarnations are very unique
Mei's Library
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reigntime is the story of Lexie Taylor, a seventeen-year-old student nurse who is emotionally broken due to the death of her older brother.

Her assignment to the Huntsman, the viper of the nurses, makes her practice like living hell.
However, a mysterious man, Myall, is hospitalized and unexpectedly, Lexie starts to look forward to going to work and to be happy again.

As Lexie begins to trust him, Myall reveals his secret: he is a Reigntime creature, a magical and immortal being from the Awakening—
Kori (_livelaughread)
3.5 stars — to start my review, let’s talk about how much I loved the setting! Being from the US, it was someplace that I am not familiar with at all. Maybe one day I’ll have the chance to visit. Anyway, I appreciated the locations and the lingo, and I feel like I learned a lot.

I also really love the thought and creativity that went into creating the world of the Reigntime creatures. It’s so intricate and detailed, so call me impressed! I felt that sometimes too much of the book was information
Bibliophagist_omnilegent
**Contains Spoilers**

17 year old Lexie Taylor is lost, things haven’t been the same since the death of her brother. She is spiraling further into herself when a new patient is admitted to the hospital where she is training. He is odd, uncooperative and gorgeous. He won’t eat or allow tests, all he seems to be interested in is Lexie, who squirms under his intense emerald gaze. He slowly opens up to her and she is faced with a whole new reality; Myall isn’t human, Myall is dying and she is his on
Rachael Hansen
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
So the first half i wouldn't say so slow but it wasn't what i was expecting which takes place mostly in a hospital. However things did get very interesting very fast after leaving. Lexie is doing he placement in a local hospital when a very mysterious strange is brought in. He refuses to talk to anyone besides lexie who realize hes isnt human. Lexie character is very emotional through out the book due to the recent lost of her beloved brother. Lexie and Myall, her mysterious patient, become very ...more
Beth Skye Denny
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult, own
Do you like high fantasy? Maybe completely set in a unique environment?

When I first started this book I thought it was going to be a young adult contemporary. I didn't have high hopes. Boy was I wrong!

SK Levy wove a tale so intricate and full of nuance that I was in heaven! The main characters of Lexie and Myall reached out and grabbed my heart and soul. This story was not just a great fantasy story, but one of adventure and romance. The setting in Australia and the correct usage of terms for th
Rufus »♥«
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hunky creator beings, Aussie lingo, and underwater love scenes? This book has it all! Follow Lexie on her journey of loss, love, and discovery of a secret kept for thousands of years.
Triny Perez(fandomfeelscollide)
*This review will have some spoilers*

The story is about a seventeen year old student nurse named Lexie who is dealing with some rough things while trying to figure out her When she's assigned to her very first patient, who is odd and uncooperative, she finds herself being drawn to him. Myall was finally able to break through her shell and remind Lexie what is like to be happy. With Myall being a Reigntime creature things become very complicated and dangerous for Lexie.

I absolutely love this boo
Shabnam
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
(Spoiler Alert!!!!!!! Couldn't help myself from mentioning some points)
This tale is like no other..A tale so unique and wondrous, it will make it impossible for the reader to keep the book down.
Lexie Taylor, a seventeen-year-old student nurse in tropical North Queensland finds working there hard having been assigned under the hospital's infamous "The Huntsman". However things start to turn rather interesting with the admission of a new "weird" so-to-speak patient. Lexie's baffled by his odd and
Allison Gardner
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Can I start out by saying I desperately need to pre-order book 2? Yes? Okay. Let's go!

Who else is in love with this cover??

1. Characters: I think the main characters have a really unique dynamic, and I like Lexie- the female protagonist. She's strong and smart. 💗 Her best friend, Jamie, is a great side character, and I hope he's in book 2 more! I also really hope we see more of the mysterious Karmi in the sequel.

2. Setting: This story takes place in Australia which has all sorts of fun implicati
Sammi
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sent
Set in modern day Australia, we are introduced to Lexie Taylor, a student nurse completing a placement at a local hospital. She has a hard time at the hospital, being put with the worst nurse, The Huntsman, who just seems to hate her. However, a mysterious patient is hospitalized, and Lexie finds herself drawn to him. The novel follows Lexie as she finds herself and learns more about her world than she had ever known.

I haven’t read many books set in Australia, but this book has brought out its w
Kristina
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lexie Taylor is a relatable, animal-loving girl who has recently been heartbroken with the death of someone very close to her. She has shut everyone out, trying to ignore the grief that is trying so hard to break her down. During her first few shifts as a student nurse at a hospital, Lexie meets a new patient named Myall. Instantly she is fascinated by him, and and not long after they meet he tells her a secret that changes her entire view of the human existence. Set in the intriguing landscape ...more
Rufus »♥«
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet love story

A hunky creator being, underwater love scenes, and Aussie lingo? This beautiful book by S.K. Levy has it all! The sights and smells of the outback come alive throughout the story as we follow Lexie on an incredible adventure of loss, love, and danger. I was astounded by the amount of thought and detail of the language development and cannot wait for more in the next adaptation!
Madison
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book took a little while to set up, but it was necessary for the world building and allowed the story to be thorough without being boring. Lexie and Myall's story was unique and interesting and in depth - a lot of research clearly went in to writing it. This is a subject that I think is important for Australian's and it was so beautifully written. I am so glad I read this book, and I cannot wait for the next one.
Daydreamer
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reigntime by S.K.Levy

Rating: 4/5 stars

Synopsis
Lexie works as a student nurse and is assigned a new patient. She notices weird things about him and so she discovers more and more secrets of his, all while getting closer and closer.
And soon she helps him escape from the hospital.

My thoughts

…about the story

I love the story! It seemed so unique to me!
I liked the twists, which could really surprise me. It all seemed pretty logical and all important questions were answered, so you’re not sitting th
Sharon
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-love-loved
"Love is a tormenting emotion. It was powerful and untrustworthy."

So OH MY GOSH you guys, I finished this book quite a while ago but needed some time to gather up all my thoughts. I have one word for you....

AMAZING

I am lucky enough to have become friends with Sam (S.K. Levy) and she is beyond the sweetest human ever! When I found out she had written a book I jumped for it! I had heard such good things about it, but what I didn't know is how much these characters, and this world would wrap me in!
Sharon de Groot
Mar 08, 2017 rated it liked it
[3.5 stars]
Before I am going to start with the actual review I’d just like to point out that the cover is such a soft material. My goodness what is it made of I have never felt a book like that!

Back to the topic. I truly enjoyed Reigntime yet decided to give it 3.5 stars. I’ll explain why in this review. First off I’d like to start with the writing style: I loveee the writing style! It’s funny, realistic and Australian. Yes. I have read about birds that I didn’t even know existed and probably w
Daphnee (daphneereads)
Reigntime by S.K. Levy could have been great, but it was OK. It took me a long time to read because nothing was really happening for the most part. I found the characters annoying and there was WAY too much talking. I mean, a character is on the verge of DYING and the questions keep coming. Come on! I guess this book wasn't for me is all. You might enjoy it if you like high fantasy/romance books.
Lauren Schuyler  (storied.adventures)
A beautifully written, unique story about the Reigntime creatures!

I absolutely loved this enchanting book! I loved the pure Australian lingo and learning about the Australian country! This book is full of magic, suspense, and love! And that ending! I need book two right now!!
Manon
Jan 28, 2017 rated it liked it
*This book was sent to me as a free book by the author S.K. Levy in exchange for an honest review. The fact that it was sent to me will not sway my opinion in any way.*

“Myall looks up from Lexie’s lips into her eyes. ‘Are you scared?’ he whispered. ‘Terrified,’ she breathed. ‘Don’t be.’ ”

I wrote down some of my thought while reading this book and decided to include those in this review as well so I can make my point clearer for you (I hope).

The story is about Lexie Taylor and her ‘situation’. Sh
Grant Oster
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantasy adventure with paranormal romance themes. Enjoyed the Australian setting with then a dive into a unique spec-fic world. Great characters and sometimes slow but well thought-out plot.
Bookishsmaug
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
An amazing read! I'm not the biggest fan of Fantasy but this book is very unique! You can tell the author put in A LOT of work into it. The world building and character development are all so well done too. I love how the author is able to re-imagine Australia and its wildlife (with a slight twist) and produce something that's new and unique, something that you've never quite read before. I learned so much more than just the importance of friendship and love.

However, I feel like the story only
Amy
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reigntime caught my eye for a few reasons:
1. the cover is stunning!
2. it is by an Australian author
3. it is set in Australia
I had high hopes for this book and was not disappointed.
Lexie is a young nursing student on placement who gets stuck with a sucky supervisor and a mysterious patient. That mysterious patient is Myall, a Reigntime creature. Both of these characters were well written and formed.
The plot was interesting, more so towards the end of the book, and the backstories fit in well with
Janella
Original post from my blog here

***Warning: Could Contain some Spoilers***

In this book we have a 17 year old student nurse who is a bit lost because of the death of her brother. Then she got assigned to the viper of all nurses which makes her practice a like a living hell.

However a mysterious man with out a heartbeat is hospitalized. He is odd, uncooperative but who wouldn't admire the handsome face and stunning emerald green of the mystery man's eyes? Not Lexie.

So we have a story set in the wond
Frances Keane
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
With its vivid characters and luxurious world building, Reigntime was almost impossible to put down.
Sarah (The Book Marauder)

I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Reigntime was being talked about all over bookstagram for a while last year and it piqued my curiosity. I was then sent a copy by the author a few months ago and couldn't wait to finally see what all the excitement was about. I didn't want to set my expectations too high though (in case it didn't live up to the hype like another book I read last year). The author was super sweet and I really really really wanted t
Erin Krumenacker
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
The writing is beautifully sound and pulls you into this enchanting world the author has invented. The magic in this story is so unique and the descriptions of Australia and the characters were to die for. I flew through this book and found it a refreshing take on paranormal romance, especially admiring the strength of the main character to fight for herself and stay strong in the face of despair. I was also particularly fascinated by the creativeness behind the Reigntime creatures and their his ...more
Josh
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lexie is a normal nursing student just trying to get through her rotations... until a good looking, mysterious man comes to the hospital. Soon, Lexie is the only one who can talk to Myall - an ageless creature from prehistoric Australia.

The book was a very good read - easy, action packed. It was a little formulaic, but was able to reach beyond the formula. I would have liked to see Lexie's character develop faster, but this is the first book in the series.

*I got this book through GoodRead's Give
Judy Bell
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
S.K. Levy weaves a magical tale of fantasy linked to the ancient lands of Australia. Reigntime is a wonderful unique read that makes you wish there was no last page to turn....
« previous 1 3 next »
  • I Had Such Friends
  • A Thousand Ships
  • Complementary and Acute
  • Me and Rory Macbeath
  • Link (The Shadow of Light, #1)
  • The Second Cure
  • Unwanted
  • Gifts of the Peramangk
  • Nefarious Doings (Nell Forrest Mystery, #1)
  • The Hill
  • The Coming of the Whirlpool (Ship Kings, #1)
  • Senior Year Bites (The Clanless, #1)
  • The Liberty Box (The Liberty Box, #1)
I'm an animal, exercise and tea enthusiast--I drink tea like a Gilmore Girl drinks coffee! I graduated from Sydney University with a Bachelor of Animal and Veterinary Bioscience, was an elite swimmer during high school, and love nothing more than curling up with a good book, a cup of tea, and my cat, Batman.

I'm currently working on Starlit, book two in the Reigntime Series, which will be out earl