Start by marking “Protecting Us (Special Forces: Operation Alpha)” as Want to Read:
Protecting Us (Special Forces: Operation Alpha)

Protecting Us

(Special Forces: Operation Alpha)

Calder "Doc" Thompson spent his whole life preparing to be an Undersea Medical Officer for the United States Navy. When an IED took out both of his legs, he was left with a pair of prosthetics and a job he hated at the local university Student Health Services.
Ready to drown it all, he headed to Ace's Bar and Grill where he met Maya Halliwell, the beautiful new bartender w
Published July 19th 2016 by Kindle Worlds

Start your review of Protecting Us (Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Adminting I had no Idea this would be turning out into a paranormal novel. I am not sure If I would have chosen to read it - had I known that fact before. Because eventhough I like paranormal - I do not read all kinds of paranormal and this would have been one of the kinds I do not read.

I think this must have been the first time ever to combine such sensitve subjects like PTSD to ... well a paranormal subject. And funny about that is - it actually worked. And while it was a short read and felt
Angelena
Aug 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Has anyone else real the SEAL of Protection series by Susan Stoker? Because almost of the other characters in this book besides the Hero and Heroine were all from that series. (Wolf, Dude, Cookie, Mozart, Benny, their wives, etc) I enjoyed the book as a whole but truth be told not knowing whether or not Magan Vernon plagiarized Susan Stoker really put a damper on my reading. I don't know if this was a collab or if Susan Stroker and Magan Vernon are the same person (I doubt it because even though ...more
Magan Vernon
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This author smells like fresh reader tears.

Turns out if I give myself a one star, it knocks down my rating.

I had to change it.

Teresa
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story

Take a ex-Navy SEAL doctor with prosthetic legs then add in a bartender at Ace's Bar & Grill with an interesting secret. All of this will equal Protecting Us.

When Maya finds out she's a seaL shifter in her 18th birthday, she decided too quit her swim team which in turn a nullified her scholarship. Now she's a bartender at Ace's serving drinks. But when Calder walks in something draws them closer.
Annette Y Colon
Jul 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Liked The Story, But Wasn't Crazy About It

I got the book because the cover and the story line caught my attention. Just wish that it was a little longer. Since it was a small book everything went a little too fast. Boy meets girl, they have sex, fall in love, girl has a secret and gets kidnapped, boy comes to the rescue and they live happily ever after, the end. This story would have been great if it was developed more. I give this story 3 1/2 stars.
Lucie Brauer
Aug 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Too Short

Story started out ok, but fizzled out. It seemed to end right in the middle. The romance was rushed, with them falling into bed within a day or so of connecting. Also, the couple were left heading out to find the heroine 's missing family. What happened? Did the family help the heroine with her shifting problem (She turned into a half seal, half human). What was done to stop the poachers? The story needed at least an epilogue and one or two more chapters.
Jackie
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I bought this book because it was a crossover from Susan Stocker books. it was not a good crossover. The story line was good but there was only one who one scene with the characters we have come to love I would not have bought it otherwise. I feel like I wasted my money.

This is not the crossover story I hoped for. I would not have bought it had I known wasted money
Charlene
May 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Oh my gosh

Knew it wouldn’t be long before we had one. But really a “seal”. So not what I expected from this world.
Deborah
Nov 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Barb Shuler
Aug 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
SEALs and Seals....

This is a cute but interesting read. Megan is a new author to me and I have to say I am so glad she's in Susan's Kindle World. Maya brings a whole new look to shifters and their abilities. As an avid shifter lover, I loved is story.

Like I said it's cute but has a serious note to it. I couldn't put it down. I wish there was more to it. A few parts felt rushed but that could simply be because it's a novella.

Calder stole my heart from the beginning and the hurt and inner turmo
Taya
Jul 27, 2016 added it
I received this book from author for an honest review.

I thought this book was sweet and heartfelt. I loved the fact that Magan took her characters to a whole different level. Calder was a double amputee and Maya had a tail lol. The symbology is genius.

Both of the characters feel they have something wrong with them so they hide themselves from the world. I wish the book was a bit longer and they found love sooner.

I have no problems with insta love as long as it's done right and with class.

Great
Teri
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it

What happens when you finally meet someone that sets all your girly parts aflutter, in this case it leads to great things. A great story of two people who separately felt all alone and broken but together found they could do great things, together. Maya didn't know much about her past but the truth of it came back in a rush after she met Calder. Calder was broken and torn up with guilt until he met Maya. Together maybe just maybe they could find a peace they couldn't find together and mend. Grea
Myst
This is a supernatural book that works really nicely in a slightly navel field. Really wish this was longer but loved the race the best!
Rhonda Ziglar
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Protecting Us by Magan Vernon....Wow, this book was amazing, the story is a novella, but reads like a full size book. I loved watching the story between Calder and Maya unfold. This is the first book by Magan Vernon I have read and she has won a new fan.
Sue
May 10, 2018 rated it liked it
This wasn't too bad until she turned into a mermaid when she went into the water thinking "doc" Thompson was trying to commit suicide. he lost both legs from an IED when he served and was having a hard time adjusting.
Juliana Ignácio
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
This is not my typical genre to read, but I loved it!
I loved the story and the chemistry between Calder and Maya, and the little suspense is awesome.
Ava
Aug 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr
I was surprised. I didn't know it was somehow a pnr mix with marines soldiers, special force, you call it.
It was an interesting book but I found it a bit lacking so many questions and adventures to come but the basic was there two characters that found themselves and love each others.
Nancy Bodie
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Quirky story!

This was well written. Very fast paced storyline. The characters are complex and very quickly you find yourself flipping the pages to see how they get their HEA!
Patricia Mattingly
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Special Forces: Protecting Us

I always love when you get to see all the guys and their ladies this was a book that I really enjoyed.
Maria
This one was sweet, I loved the characters and the paranormal dimension was well-done. But there’s a sense of incompleteness and some inconsistencies.
M.J. Nightingale
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the story.

Lots of twists, plenty of action, and great characters. My first paranormal read, and it won't be my last. - MJ Nightingale
Gerry Poling
Nov 07, 2016
Deborah Kennedy
Nov 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Redemption For Avery (Ryker Townsend FBI Profiler #1.5; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Protecting Butterfly (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; SEALed Fate #1)
  • Burning Desire (Air Force Fire Protection Specialists, #1)
  • Protecting Goddess (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; SEALed Fate #2)
  • Burning Kiss (Air Force Fire Protection Specialists, #2)
  • Covering Ollie (On Call #2)
  • Mason (The 13 #3; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Burning Skies (Air Force Fire Protection Specialists, #3)
  • Mia (The 13 #1; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Ritt (The 13 #2; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Buck the System (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Sealed With A Kiss #2)
  • Bang for the Buck (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; SWAK #1)
  • Protecting Honor (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Trevor Saunders #1)
  • No Protection (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Crossfire #5.5)
  • Intense (Intensity #1)
  • Protecting Hawk (Brotherhood Protectors Kindle Worlds Novella; A SEALed Fate Book 5)
  • Protecting Vixen (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; SEALed Fate #3)
  • Surviving Savage (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; SEALed Brotherhood #1)
Magan Vernon has been living off of reader tears since she wrote her first short story in 2004. She now spends her time killing off fictional characters, pretending to plot while she really just watches Netflix, and she tries to do this all while her two young children run amok around her Texas ranch.

You can stalk or...er...find her online at all of these fun and happy places.

Amazon Author Link: h

Special Forces: Operation Alpha (1 - 10 of 195 books)
  • Ravished River
  • Awakening Aubrey (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Jack 'Em Up #4.6)
  • Cowboy D-Force (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Brotherhood Protectors, #4)
  • Finding Ayva (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; The Fae Legacy #1)
  • Freeing Falcon (Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Marking Mariah (Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • No Protection (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Crossfire #5.5)
  • Protecting Beauty (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; The Bounty Hunters: The Marino Bros. #5)
  • Protecting Love (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; Saints Protections & Investigations, #7)
  • Protecting Maddie (The Omega Team #4; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)

News & Interviews