Start by marking “Oria’s Gambit (Sorcerous Moons, #2)” as Want to Read:
Oria’s Gambit (Sorcerous Moons, #2)

Oria’s Gambit

(Sorcerous Moons #2)

A Play For Power
Princess Oria has one chance to keep her word and stop her brother’s reign of terror: She must become queen. All she has to do is marry first. And marry Lonen, the barbarian king who defeated her city bare weeks ago, who can never join her in a marriage of minds, who can never even touch her—no matter how badly she wants him to.

A Fragile Bond
To rule is to s
Published August 27th 2016 by Jeffe Kennedy

Maria Rose
Reread complete! Book 2 of the 6 book series has Oria and Lonen entering a marriage of convenience to save both their peoples. More great worldbuilding and some action and drama as the couple starred to gel better, find a way to have a satisfactory wedding night ( considering Oria cannot bear to have her skin touched due to the immense pain it causes). Ends on a cliffhanger. On to book 3!
Blodeuedd Finland
Jul 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasyromance
Arghh, 4 days since I read this one and I have not written a review!!! Seriously, this is why I write at once cos I forget what I feel.

Lonen and Oria are married..well soon. But anyway, a political marriage. She needs his image, he needs, well he does not need her, but she needs him. Oh and he wants her, but can not have her, because she can not be with anyone. Sucks being her. No one can touch her cos she feels pain then. But hey maybe they will find a way *hint hint*

But first there is her stup
Bambi Unbridled
Oria's Gambit, the second book in Jeffe Kennedy's Sorcerous Moons series, picks up right where Lonen's War left off. So I do not recommend you read these books out of order, you will need to get the majority of the world-building and character introduction from Lonen's War. As a recap, the Bara are a magical race living in a desert environment, and the males and females have a symbiotic magical relationship. The Destrye are a non-magical barbarian race who conquered the Bara in Lonen's War.

King
Indie Vargas
Oct 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Got a copy of this book via Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review

Oria’s gambit is the second book in the Sorcerous Moons series, it basically takes right of where the first book ended. This is a short fast paced read so if you’re into those type of books I think you would enjoy this, I personally don’t mind fast paced books as long as they are well developed but I found that the characters where petty one-dimensional and lacked depth. I don’t necessarily hate this book but I don’t really
Marta Cox
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews
This is the second book in what I think might be a trilogy and kind of catches up where Lonens War ended. The war between the Destrye and the Bara nations has ended with the Destrye winning and Lonen has been made King. Princess Oria of the defeated Bara offered to make a political marriage with Lonen, one of convenience if you will to not only seal the peace but also to prevent her younger brother claiming the crown. Yet due to the powerful magic at work in Bara Lonen can never touch Oria witho ...more
Melanie
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z-2016, fantasy, 4-stars
Review originally posted at RabidReads.com.

Oria’s Gambit picks up where Lonen’s War ends. Oria is a Bara, a magical race and part of the royal family. She is also very delicate, in that other people overwhelm her in that their magic is overwhelming. It is really hard to describe. She has spent most of her life in a tower with few visitors to help with this. Lonen is a Destrye. They are more of a barbarian race with no magic. They have been at war with the Bara. We learn why in the first book.

Wi
Alison
So I've heard about Jeffe Kennedy from another author I adore, Grace Draven but this is the first book of hers that I have read.

Because I got this from NetGalley I had to jump into the series at the second book, although I had clearly missed lots of back story I found it easy to get into the plot.

Lonen is a barbarian King. His people and his family decimated by the Trom, some magical golem summoned by the Bara priests and priestesses. Yet Lonen and his warriors triumphed and conquered Bara and a
Douglas Meeks
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in this series (trilogy?) and it does up the game a bit. Where we had a lot of bloodshed and discovery in book 1, we have a slow building romance of sorts in this one but I have to say about the first 20% or so was a bit dull but it did pick up and starts really grabbing your attention.

Oria is forced into a decision that she and Loren might find distasteful a bit at first and it gets dull and a bit repetitive IMHO for a bit before the story takes off again and builds to a
Lynne Facer
Sep 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Picking up immediately after Lonen's War, the novel tells of a restless peace that becomes settled by a political marriage. While it's possible to summarize the plot in one (misleading) sentence, it does a grave disservice to the characters, world-building, and craft evident in the novel. Its greatest flaw is that it ends in a cliffhanger, leading me to wonder if it's possible to wrap this up in one more book, The Tides of Bara.
Marlene
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Originally published at Reading Reality

Oria’s Gambit picks up where Lonen's War leaves off. This isn’t a sequel, it is a continuation of the same story. So if you love epic fantasy romance and have not yet read Lonen’s War, go forth and get a copy posthaste. I’ll still be here when you get back.

Also, and I don’t think this is a spoiler, Oria’s very dangerous gambit feels doomed to fail from the very beginning of the story. Not just because this is the middle book in a tetralogy (four scheduled b
D
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I discovered Jeffe Kennedy through a blog tour and I looked up some of her books on Amazon. Since I love reading reviews, but have a habit of reading the bad reviews first, which I think is a detriment to me because those reviews have kept me from purchasing a few of the books I was interested in. Well, anyway I signed up for Jeffe Kennedy's newsletter and received a complimentary book. The book was Lonen's War and thus began my journey on a wonderful adventure.

I'm going to try to sum up all 6 b
Runa
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just earlier today, I finished Lonen’s War and after completing a few tasks, read the entirety of Oria’s Gambit all evening. While LW was about worldbuilding and establishing context and characters, Oria’s Gambit was the start of a love story in the midst of a power play.

I adore Lonen and Oria is growing on me too. I really enjoyed how they slowly came to trust each other and work together. Most of the book was rather hilarious actually and I really appreciated the new friendship between Lonen a
Helen Michael
Wish I hadnt wasted my money

The premise was promising but the story was a let down. The story was not well fleshed out. The issues to easily quickly resolved between Lonan and her. Oh sure I'll take your surrender, Of course you didnt send the trom and its a great idea to get married! The brother showing up at the last minute had to happen it was a very transparent plot point. Waisted time and money.
Rebecca
Mar 20, 2017 rated it liked it
The fantasy aspects of this book barely progresses, mostly focused on the relationship between the two characters. A very slow moving series...

Don't think I'll continue as most of this book is saying the same thing over and over. First Oria herself, then with her dragon then with Lonen. A technique more suitable to filling word count in a high school essay.
Linda Gavino
Truly, the sensual aspect of this book is unique and deliciously frustrating. That’s all I’m going to say
✼Danielle✼

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Book synopsis:
Nicki K.
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley for an honest review.

I am a huge high fantasy fan. I love the feeling of diving into new worlds and magic systems, getting completely sucked into something mystical and unique. I've read my fair share of high fantasy novels, and am always eager to read more, so when I heard about this series, I was ecstatic to read it.

And I sure as heck wasn't disappointed.

Kennedy writes a world where two leaders of feuding countries are forced to overcome their prej
Amy
Sep 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016
One of the things I've enjoyed most about this series thus far is that Lonen and Oria are equals. She might be more physically fragile (and was treated thusly by her family and others in Bára), but their relationship is one of equals.

They have a real rapport and although trust is slow, they aren't doing stupid things like actually refusing to share information when it could benefit the other. There are too many books out there where the main romantic protagonists waste so much time not communica
Meghan Lloyd
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I took a gamble on this book, since I hadn't read the first book in the series. I had read other books by Jeffe Kennedy though, and I enjoyed her writing immensely. Happily, this book continues her legacy of amazing world building and intricate storytelling. It was exciting to learn about this new fantasy world and the magic within it.

Princess Oria of Baran is in a bind. In order to undo the damage her brother has done to a neighboring people called the Destrye, she has proposed to marry their k
Liza
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Oria’s Gambit is the 2nd book in the Sorcerous Moons series from Jeffe Kennedy. I really loved the world building that was established in the first book and that Oria’s Gambit picked up right where Lonen’s War ended.

With so much world building in Lonen’s War, we got to see more of the relationship develop between Oria and Lonen in Oria’s Gambit. You felt the chemistry between Oria and Lonen when they first met, but it was fun to watch their relationship grow and develop a bit more during Oria’s
The Glassed And The Furious
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
So I have said in my review of the first book that I felt like there was too much background information about this magical world missing. Not this time. I thought it was quite brilliant the way Kennedy used Lonen to tell the reader all about the history and features of this magic without letting the story drag along.

I also enjoyed the character development. What I did find a bit disappointing though was the fact that important, story-defining plot twists were dealt with too quickly, while dialo
Vicki Stiefel
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Janus. Two aspects of the same face. Oria's Gambit. is the second aspect of Jeffe Kennedy's Sorcerous Moon series. And what an aspect it is! The first novel, Lonen's War., wrestles with battles and blood, death and destruction. Oria's Gambit. is a quieter book—the war having been won—quiet in the way of a volcano just before it explodes. The novel bubbles with intensity. Dialogue, negotiation, and politics all ratchet up the stakes, but the novel’s heart and soul rests in the power of Oria's and ...more
Molly Smith
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Initial Thoughts: After the cliffhanger in the first book, I was eager to get my hands on this one. I enjoyed it, though it didn't quite go as I thought it would. I continue to enjoy the banter between Lonen and Oria. I love their dedication and loyalty to helping not just their own people but those they feel responsible for. They are both noble but willing to do what is necessary. Chuffta continues to be my favorite character - the familiar is just awesome, adding strength, compassion and humor ...more
Make
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was smart and waited to read this book 2 until I got my hands on an ARC of book 3, The Tides of Bara, so that I wouldn't have to wait to know what happens next.

Kennedy does a great job here of continuing to flesh out the fantasical world of the kingdoms of Baran and Destrye. Princess Oria of Baran and King Lonen of Destrye agree to wed for political reasons, and then proceed to discover they like and respect each other. I love the slow slide into love they have, that neither expects. Oria has
Marianne
I wasn't sure I was going to like Oria’s Gambit that much since I accidentally spoiled myself by reading some of the synopsis for The Tides of Bára. However, despite the slow start and knowing sort of how the book would end, I ended up liking it quite a bit. I'm glad Oria and Lonen finally had a truthful conversation, and actual climax was quite gripping.
Liliyana Shadowlyn
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Having not read the first book in the series, I will a little nervous about how this book would do as a standalone novel. I was blown away. Kennedy has an amazing story-telling talent, and Oria's Gambit is filled with love and thrills, excitement and erotic moments. You find yourself cheering on the protagonists as you continue reading and holding your breath at each twist and turn. I cannot wait to read the next book in the series, and I highly recommend anyone who loves fantasy adventures or r ...more
Jenn
Aug 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Maureen Hoar
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little hope

This was a bitter sweet book. Lonen and Oria marry to align both peoples and save them from her brothers evil. I enjoyed the relationship building in this book. Its turning into true love. That is where the hope is. Everything else is grim.
Evora Blake
Aug 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm so excited for the next book!
MeganTheNinja
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A brilliantly written fantasy romance novel. 100% recommend!

• Amid the Winter Snow
  • The Emerald Lily (Vampire Blood, #4)
  • Prince's Fire (Hearts and Thrones, #3)
  • Weather Warden Collection (Weather Warden, #1-6)
  • Duty Bound (Agents of the Crown #3)
  • Paladin's Prize (Age of Heroes, #1)
  • Aces Wilde (Immortal Vegas, #5)
  • Lionheart (Moonshadow, #3)
  • WarDance (Chronicles of the Warlands, #5)
  • The Heir of Death (The Final Formula Series, #3.5)
  • Mist's Edge (The Broken Lands, #2)
  • Dragonfly
  • The Shadow & The Sun (Militess & Mage, #1)
  • Realm of Darkness (Infernal Three, #1)
  • A Cold Day in Hell (Hellcat, #3)
I also write books under the name Jennifer Paris.

Represented by Sarah Younger at Nancy Yost Literary Agency.

Sorcerous Moons (6 books)
  • Lonen's War (Sorcerous Moons, #1)
  • The Tides of Bára (Sorcerous Moons, #3)
  • The Forests of Dru (Sorcerous Moons, #4)
  • Oria's Enchantment (Sorcerous Moons #5)
  • Lonen's Reign (Sorcerous Moons, #6)