Start by marking “Brutish Lord of Thessaly (Halcyon Romance, #4)” as Want to Read:
Brutish Lord of Thessaly (Halcyon Romance, #4)

Brutish Lord of Thessaly

( Lords of Thessaly #2)

Born to heal
Nysa of the Krenaiai nymphs has spent the last fifty years trapped inside her well, until her waters are gifted to the surly centaur Lord Oreius. Instead of consuming her gift, he tosses the sacred liquid to the ground, and the spell goes awry. Nysa is transformed back into a nymph, but she can only survive so long without her well--which happens to rest on
Published August 16th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Brutish Lord of Thessaly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brutish Lord of Thessaly

Start your review of Brutish Lord of Thessaly (Halcyon Romance, #4)
Robin
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just love this series, I swear each is better than the last. Oreius is a brutish centaur who has devoted himself to his lost mate Sarra and his twin sons. His brother Agrius and his mate Eione brought him a flask of healing waters six months ago. In a fit of anger he pours the waters outside his balcony then he discovers Nysa the nymph.

That is just the beginning of this story of love and healing. I cannot wait until the next centaur gets his forever love. Ms. Slate writes a fine tale of love
Lyn Mckenzie
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love, love, love the world that this book and series is set in, oh how I wish it was real :-)

I am a HUGE Rachael Slate fan and this book just concretes this even more!!! If you have never read any of her books then it is a must that you do!!!

This story is based on Oreius who is a centaur and Nysa , a water nymph. I loved these characters! Oreius is a male full of pain and anguish that he keeps close to his heart mixing with guilt and love for his lost wife. Then there is Nysa whose soul is
Liana Smith Bautista | Will Read for Feels
***I received this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review, which was first posted on book blog Will Read for Feels.

Call me greedy, but Rachael Slate’s decision to launch a new Halcyon / Lords of Thessaly novella every month has gone a long way to sating my mythic fantasy book lust. This month, it’s Oreius’s turn to find his bonded mate in Brutish Lord of Thessaly, the fourth Halcyon book and the
Cherri-Anne
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You can’t heal if you don’t wish to. 5 GOLD WELLS

What a brute! MMM-HHMMM, what a sexy, stubborn, CENTAURRIFIC BRUTISH LORD indeed! I have to confess to wanting to know EVERYTHING about Oreius since I first met him, so I read this ABSO-BRUTISH-LUTELY story all in one go and I was not left wanting in any way, shape or form! Just like every other Rachael Slate book, right from the instant I started it, I was transported right into this THESSALYMENDOUS story, living it with and as the complex
Roxanne Johnson-bisland
Rachael Slate does not disappoint.
I could not put this book down. I had to read it all even if that meant loosing a little sleep.
I need more Centaur books!!!!!
Agruis & Eione brought Oreius a flask of Nysa's healing waters to help him with his grief after loosing his wife. The only times that he does not show the grief is when he is with his children.
Oreius finally decides after months to discard the water, thinking that he does not deserve to be grief free. After dumping the waters a woman
Sharon Hatt
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oreius, possessed by self-loathing, grief and guilt, has still not drank of the healing waters Agrius risked his life to acquire. Rebuking their healing properties, he dumps the water on the lawn and is surprised to find Nysa (a well nymph) appear from the puddle. Nysa has been prisoner to her well for the last 50 years and is just as shocked to be inadvertently freed by Oreius “wasting” her healing waters. To say his treatment of her is brutish is an understatement, making advances then ...more
Nikki Brooks
Oreius is suffering at the loss of his mate. When his brother undertakes a mission into Lapith lands to gain him a magical cure, Oreius isn't exactly grateful! He waits sometime and then just throws the bottle to the ground. Then like a genie from a bottle, a female appears on the lawn where the water landed. but this isn't any female, she is a Nymph.

Nysa is a well nymph and had happily helped many with their aches, pains and woes. but she had been trapped by an evil Lapith and he had been
Gina Roberts
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Piece by piece, the world of the Halcyon Romance Series is coming together to form one very captivating picture!

Another of the centaur brothers finds his fated mate and must fight through all obstacles to claim her.

Oreius has been a fascinating as a background character--always there but removed at the same time, brooding over the loss of his mate and hiding a terrible secret from even his family--and now we finally find out what's behind that 'brutish' exterior!

The complexity of this world is
Kathi
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another exciting centaur episode!!!

Oreius is contemplating the flask of liquid his brother had gifted him with the belief it would “cure” him, wondering why he even still had it. He did not want to be cured, so poured the contents over the balcony into the lawn below. Hearing a cry he discovers a female (even worse, a nymph) sprawled on the ground, nude and dripping wet. As Oreius dishonored her gift, he was required to make amends.

Nysa had never had this happen – no one had ever refused her
Elizabeth/snoopypeach
Oreius punishes himself for the loss of his mate. His brother went to great lengths to bring him water that is said to heal his grief. But, he doesn't want any part of it and pours it out. Surprised when a nymph appears, he's even more shocked at the attraction he feels for her.

Nysa is a water nymph who can heal people of their grief and misery. She gifted Oreius' brother with her waters to heal him, but Oreius dishonors her gift and pours the water out. In doing so, he releases her from her
Kay Smillie
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm enjoying the Lords of Thessaly series very much as they pull you in right from the first sentence. The stories flow like runny honey over your lover's body, the characters are full of life and desire, but with heartbreaking angst, and the love - when it comes - is from the bottom of the soul, strong, deep, sensuous and lustful...is it hot in here?

This story of the centaur Lord Oreius and Nysa the Krenaiai nymph doesn't disappoint. The reader falls in love with the characters and their
Nicole Smith
Aug 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another great one in this series. Oreius gets his story told. I really enjoyed this one. After learning Oreius' back story you can't help , but wish he can get a little happiness in his life. He's struggling to live with the guilt he feels. One big moment that will forever change his life involves a flask. I loved his little boys they were just adorable. One of my favorite parts was the epilogue. It had the right touch for this one and left me with a smile on my face. This book also shows the ...more
Stacy Aube
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as an ARC for a honest review.

This is part of an amazing series. Rachael's works never disappoint. In this story it centers on Oreius a centaur in disparate need of healing. He disrespects a gift from his bother which forces his first encounter with Nysa. Nysa needs her well to survive. With her well on enemy land can they retrieve it in time or will all be lost?
Lindsay
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love! Slate has done it again! This novella is NOT to be missed. I adore Orieus and Nysa's romance. They're perfect for one another.
This was a quick read, with love, adventure and quite a few hot scenes that make you want to take a dip in Nysa's well!
Gladys
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Brutish Lord of Thessaly by Rachel Slate was a good read. This is an engaging short story that has engaging characters and an entertaining storyline. Oreius and Nysa's story is quite emotional and has much drama. I am posting an honest review after reading an ARC copy of this book.
Deborah
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Won't Take A Chance

His guilt won't allow him to be happy because of his actions. She could help him but she can't force help on him. But he may not have a choice. Enjoy I did.
Karie
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lord Oreius is living his life which entails a lot of self loathing, and his two boys. This Brute really has had it rough since his wife had died. The flask of healing water that had been brought to him by his brother to heal his heart poured out the window without giving a second thought, until he see the nymph Nysa who appeared to have been scooped up with her water. Nysa however can't heal him, if his heart isn't open to it. Once Oreius realizes he can find love he must be able to save the ...more
JB
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The brutish lord gets his happy ending in the most unlikely of places and mates. And another piece of the ongoing mystery is revealed. Enjoy! This book has been provided by the author with no expectations and that in no way influences my review.
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
I look forward to reading this books. I enjoy the characters and reading about their journey to find their bonded mates. This is another great story in this series and I look forward to reading more.

I received a copy of this manuscript from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Chris Marchant
May 03, 2017
IrishAmber
Apr 19, 2017
Cheshire Cat
rated it did not like it
Apr 15, 2017
Mar 03, 2018
Sue Davis
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Very Intriguing Storyline

I ask myself "Now what?" I would love to read all the brothers stories. This on was very good so I think the other brothers stories will be too. Rachael certainly knows how to tell a good story.
Sharon
May 04, 2017

• Lotto Trouble (Lotto Love, #2)
  • Lotto Men (Lotto Love, #1)
  • Fractured Souls (Darkstar Mercenaries, #3)
  • Haven Realm Box Set
  • That Forever Girl (Getting Lucky, #2)
  • Priestess Unleashed (Guardians of Sky and Shadow, #3)
  • The Kasari Nexus (Rho Agenda Assimilation #1)
  • Priestess Bound (Guardians of Sky and Shadow, #2)
  • Dark Dancer (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #3)
  • Priestess Awakened (Guardians of Sky and Shadow, #1)
  • Wrecked
  • Red
  • Havoc (Rise of the Iliri, #9)
  • Underneath It All (The Walshes, #1)
  • Risen (Rise of the Iliri #10)
  • Ache for You (Slow Burn, #3)
  • Say It Again (First Wives, #5)
  • Reveal (Wicked Ways, #2)
USA Today bestselling author Rachael Slate writes sizzling shifter stories where alpha heroes battle the beasts within themselves and sassy heroines would rather leave them wild than tame them. Whether dragons or centaurs, it's always scorching hot romance.

When not writing, Rachael can be found in nature, soaking up inspiration, or baking far too many sweet treats in the kitchen. She's obsessed

Lords of Thessaly (5 books)
  • Wicked Lord of Thessaly (Lords of Thessaly, #1)
  • Masterful Lord of Thessaly (Lords of Thessaly, #3)
  • Untamed Lord of Thessaly (Lords of Thessaly, #4)
  • Lost Lady of Thessaly (Lords of Thessaly, #5)