Start by marking “Stealing Time (Servants of Fate, #1)” as Want to Read:
Stealing Time (Servants of Fate, #1)

Stealing Time

(Servants of Fate #1)

Father Time’s son, Zeit Geist, must sacrifice a mortal’s lifetime to the Fates each New Year’s Eve.

Last year—inexplicably, really—he made an 11:59 substitution. The Fates are pissed and they’re after his mortal Hannah. With the year ending, he ought to figure out why he’d saved her—and why he keeps doing it.

Following an unlucky year, Hannah Lyons needs a week’s holiday in
Published November 1st 2016 by Pen and Kink Publishing (first published December 4th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Stealing Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stealing Time

Amalia Dillin
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic, favorites
I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH.
Zeit and Hannah FOREVER.

These are annual holiday rereads for me! And they should be for you, too. I have purchased Stealing Time in EVERY SINGLE FORMAT it has been made available and I'll be honest, if they release a paperback anthology of all three in the series (and/or with a Father Time additional installment) I would be ALL OVER THAT TOO.

Dear Hallmark, please option this series and make them next year's holiday romance movies. They're so adorable and sweet and perfe
Deanna Stanley
Dec 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Just in time for the holidays, Wendy Sparrow has written us a gift. Is soft, sweet, and makes you want to just snuggle into it.

Zeit is the son of Father Time and every year he has to take a life. But when he's ordered to take Hanna's life he balks and instead spends the year saving her from multiple attempts to kill her. Finally he deiced to spend one week with her - get her out of his system - before killing her this time around.

Hah! Zeit quickly learns that Hanna CAN'T be gotten out of his sys
Sharon Hughson
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun ride for the holidays, Sparrow earns 4.8 out of five stars for this novella.
She thinks she's losing her mind. He knows he's losing time.
This is a fun, magical tale about one of Father Time's sons who goes against his immortal responsibilities to spend a year protecting a mortal.
Warning: Do not read the end of this book while running on the treadmill. Running with tears blinding you is an unsafe activity.
Not as many laughs as I expected from Sparrow, but oh the feels. A perfect read to get
Em
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun and swoon-worthy romance that races the clock to find its happily ever after! Wendy Sparrow never disappoints. Five Stars.
Emily
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely wonderful little novella. I particularly loved Zeit, especially his reaction to the chocolate orange.

I highly recommend it!
Amy
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I--no. No, I can't highly rate something that feels like a Lifetime movie.

There's some minor wit here, I suppose, but it also just strikes me as something my mother would write. I don't mean that in an ageist way--years do not necessarily detract from or supplement someone's talent--but I do mean it in a mindset way. My mother hasn't read fiction in decades, but if she were forced to sit down and pen something, she'd probably try to emulate the old Hallmark movies we used to watch.

She'd use th
Erin
Jun 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, reviewed
Here is a summary of what the book is about. Father Time's son, Zeit Geist, must sacrifice a mortal's lifetime to the Fates each New Year's Eve. Last year- inexplicably, really-he made an 11:59 substitution. The Fates are pissed and they're after his mortal Hannah. With the year ending, he ought to figure out why he'd saved her- and why he keeps doing it.

Following an unlucky year, Hannah Lyons needs a week's holiday in a lodge to unwind. What she gets is near- death experiences and a sexy immort
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fabulously cute, fun read. And just what I needed to get into the holiday spirit. Because nothing says Christmas like the Fates taking potshots while you try to fall in love, right?
Mary
Jan 07, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Wendy Sparrow has a great talent for characterization. You can see, know, and understand her characters as though they exist in your regular life. Her use of humor and dialog carry a novella where a longer plot is absent. I rarely rate any books with 5 stars, and it would take a lot for me to rate a romance 4 stars even when it is well-written...because that just isn't my genre of choice. BUT I can acknowledge an author's skill without loving her medium. For a romance lover, this is a 5 star aut ...more
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
A quick fun read that gives one of Father's Time sons a chance to make good on his job, but the catch awaits him this time with one mortal woman that for some reason he cannot kill.

Zeit Geist, must sacrifice a mortal’s lifetime to the Fates each New Year’s Eve. He chose to make as substitution and this cost him. He has to spend the coming year watching over the one he spared. Hannah Lyons got a second chance at life. But will it last.

Again I say that I had fun reading this one. I found it refr
Amalia Dillin
Zeit is AMAZING, and this story is the perfect feel good holiday fantasy romance for the Christmas season. I LOVE how Ms. Sparrow takes old legends/myths and brings them into the modern world in a new and interesting way, from a different perspective. Who thinks of writing a love story for a son of Father Time? Who even considered that Father Time might have sons at all?! Wendy Sparrow, that's who! From start to finish, Zeit just steals the show with his wry humor and wit and his incredible evol ...more
Nina Rodriguez Colon
Stealing Time follows the life of Hannah Lyonns, an ordinary woman with a major issue- she keeps losing time. Mysteriously she can be fine one moment only to wake up somewhere different and time has lapsed. Frustrated that there is no explanation for these events, Hannah works hard to find a common thread and it appears in the form of an intense and sexy man.

Zeit, a keeper of the world's natural balance, has experienced all of what this world has to offer and this mortal woman Hannah intrigues
Abigail
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun, light romance. I would classify it as a clean romance, but that is not to say there is no mention of sex. I actually didn't realize it was a holiday story until I read it, so that was a fun surprise! The characters are interesting rather than the clichés you might expect in this kind of story, and the story draws the reader in without sacrificing plot or feeling like it panders to your baser instincts. There were a couple things that seemed inconsistent (like how the male lead kno ...more
Kelly
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy free from the author. This does not influence my review at all.

I really love Christmas books, and this is a very cute Christmas story. The happy ending does seem a bit obvious from the beginning, but Christmas books are like that, and the writing, and how it gets to that ending is a very enjoyable read. I loved this book from the first page. The author's writing style is very comfortable and fun. The characters are instantly likable. The mythology, such as Father Time and his
Angel
Of all the holiday books I read this year - and I read quite a few - this was one of my favorites. Loved these characters and their story.

The son of father time falls in love with the woman whose life he's supposed to claim. Thinking about this story, a month after I've read it and I find myself kind of wanting to read it again, just because I liked the characters that much.

Full review here: http://amh-reviews.blogspot.com/2013/...
Keri
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book! The only thing I didn't like about it was that it is so short. I think it could have been longer with more details about Father Time and the Fates. While the book is short there is very good character development and I quickly grew attached to them. Fun quick read that is set during Christmas!

I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!
Britt Marczak
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, fantasy
As soon as I heard the hero was Father Time's son, I was immediately interested -- and it definitely didn't disappoint!

Though short, Wendy manages (as always) to pack in plenty of emotion and great writing to make this story just lovely. :)

PS. Where do I sign up for the stalker errr obsessed with Wendy fanclub? :D
Soccergypsy
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
** I volunteered to read an advance reader copy. **

This was cute, heartwarming, and sweet novella. What an engaging plot premise. A very clean and easy read. I enjoyed the journey and fell under its spell.
Amanda
A delightful, feel-good novella. While not the most original idea (immortal and mortal fall in love), the characters and twists are interesting enough to make it a fun read.
Fallon Brown
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've enjoyed all of Wendy Sparrow's books, and this one did not disappoint. It was such a sweet story. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Emi
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
what a cute and funny book! I absolutely loved it from beginning to end! Such a great read.
Mar 30, 2017
Mar 15, 2018
Stephanie McGee
Jan 12, 2014
  • The Naughty List
  • Herb-Wife (Lord Alchemist Duology, #2)
  • The Labyrinth Queen
  • Even Villains Go To The Movies (Heroes and Villains #2)
  • The Opposite of Magic
  • The Vampire's Fall
  • Skies of Steel (The Ether Chronicles, #3)
  • A Breath of Winter (Araneae Nation, #4)
  • The Keepers: Christmas in Salem (The Keepers Trilogy, #4)
  • Reading the Signs (Legal Affairs Book 1)
  • Saving Persephone (The Haberdashers, #4)
  • A Devilish Disappearance (Cats, Ghosts, and Avocado Toast, #3)
  • Seeds Volume Two (Seeds, #2)
  • Dark Secrets: A Paranormal Noir Anthology
  • Irregular Creatures
  • Tempest (Scribes of Medeisia, #2)
  • Secrets of Skin and Stone
  • The Demon's Song (Hearts of the Fallen, #1)
At home in the Pacific Northwest, Wendy Sparrow writes for both an adult and young adult crowd in many genres but always with a happily ever after. She has two wonderfully quirky kids, a supportive husband, and a perpetually messy house because she hates cleaning. She’s an advocate both online and in her community for autistic children in addition to actively trying to raise awareness about obsess ...more

Servants of Fate (3 books)
  • Taking Time (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping Time (Servants of Fate, #3)