Start by marking “The Real Soccer Moms of Beaver County” as Want to Read:
The Real Soccer Moms of Beaver County

The Real Soccer Moms of Beaver County

Sh*t gets real when four long lost classmates reunite in their hometown and find themselves on the soccer field as moms.

Old tensions flare up as all the moms are forced to play nice in front of their kids, coaches, and other parents. But these moms are anything but nice. Cut-throat, vindictive, and spiteful color these ladies...

They’re not above sucking a little dick to
Published July 25th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Real Soccer Moms of Beaver County, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Real Soccer Moms of Beaver County

Start your review of The Real Soccer Moms of Beaver County
Michelle
Shelves: author-arc
OMFG!! This book is frickin' hilarious! There are 4 main "Mom" characters and each gets a fourth of this book's story-line, while intermingling in between each others story. I could easily see each of these characters having their own books as a spin off from this story. And the men of this series make you sigh with how much they each love their woman. Throw in kids, grandparents, competitive soccer moms, a funeral home/taxidermy (yes, you heard me right!) and let the barrel of laughs begin!
Gwen Shafer
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I laughed so hard I had tears.I loved this book.The characters came together so very well and it was an amazing story line.Really I think everyone of us can see ourselves in one of these characters. Highly Highly recommend.
the. quirky. wallflower
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Well, beavers like to eat wood and ...you know what Sadie, never mind." "Mom, your beaver must've ate lots of wood and had really sharp teeth for you to win the title three years in a row." I can't help but laugh as she puts everything together. "Yep, I had a healthy beaver back in the day," I reply, a high smile covering my face. "I bet it had really sharp teeth and went through the wood," she repeats. "Oh yes, my beaver loved wood day and night."
"I am so stink in' excited about it all, Grand
Erin
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This book was the perfect read for a quick, fun, entertaining story to escape too. I loved how we got the POV from all the lead characters: Blanche, Luna, Queenie and Moira. All of them were so great, they each could have filled up a whole book on their own. Having each of their POV's , you saw a side of them you definitely wouldn't have seen other wise. Each of them had their own crisis or stress but all came out of it stronger and with the help of this amazing group of friends they made into a ...more
Maura
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shut The Front Door!!!! This book was so so funny that I couldn't put it down once I started. It's a story about 4 very different people who all went to the same school and are now all grown up. While the Soccer Moms' stories intertwine, each is told separately in such a way that was satisfying and I didn't feel slighted.

This book is absolutely laugh out loud funny and poignant and touching and all the feelings in between. Funny being the over riding emotion. I quote "The smell of trout floating
Danny Jeffery
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Real Soccer Moms of Beaver County centres around four soccer moms. The book is split into four sections with each section focused on one of the soccer moms, however, each story is linked and a thread runs throughout.

As the book was split into four to focus on each character, at times, I felt the story felt a little rushed. I only grumble about this because, I actually really liked all the characters and wanted more depth from each of their stories. Foe me, each character, had enough of a st
Nelle
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Omg... hilarious a true lol book.
As with any HJ Bellus books the amazingly strong and courageous woman and their friendships moves me to tears.

Coming home is never easy especially with your tail between your legs but its time to suck it up and make the best of it...
Beeing known as the town whore isnt easy especially when thats all you know but when your guven the opportunity to change your life you take it...
Married to your childhood sweetheart popping out babies feeling insecure is a receipe fo
Nelle
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg... hilarious a true lol book.

Rose
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Received as an Arc
This book is a laugh out loud kind of read. As my kids ran amuck at the local water park I looked like a crazy woman laughing loudly & even shedding a few tears. Blanch is my spirit animal. I just love her potty mouth that backs up her strength as a mother. With her return to Beaver Falls on a sad note I was hoping there wasn't going to be a lot of sadness. This book did not disappoint with some sadness backed with alot of girlpower. This book is one you just can't put down. Un
Gina
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
OMG!!! How do people come up with this kind of stuff?!?! This is the laugh out loud, pee your pants kinda book that everyone needs to read! The book revolves around 4 main characters and how being a Soccer Mom kind of unites them. Sure they all have their differences but when it comes down it, it's all about the soccer! And they can be pretty scary Soccer Moms! The characters were hilarious!!! Each character has several chapters to tell their story but all the characters are present in other cha ...more
Babbling Chatter  Reads
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was such a funny and fun read of long lost classmates with a connected history that will have your head spinning just to make sure you understand who, what, when, and why?!?

"I'm afraid to love you guys because it seems something will go wrong."

What started off with such tension and and animosity (with some of the characters) lead to growth and learning to overcome a past thanks to the game of soccer! This book revolved around four different characters' POV and each one was different and uni
Katie Stern
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
HJ Bellus and Magan Vernon are a absolutely brilliant with their writing in Real Soccer Moms of Beaver County.
Anyone who has ever played or had a child play sports knows there is nothing like the moms on the sidelines. In Real Soccer Moms of Beaver County we get to meet three moms and one auntie/mom of Beaver County youth soccer players. Let the laughs and drama ensue as we get a chance to see what happens when you take four people as different from each other as they can be and throw them toge
Danielle Pullen
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a hilarious read! I was laughing so hard, I thought I was going to die! HJ Bellus never disappoints! I haven't read anything from Magan Vernon but I will definitely be adding her to my TBR list!

I liked the structure of the book and that it gave each "Mom" their own section. I also felt that each section felt a little rushed and I would love to read more about Blanche, Queenie, Luna and Moira.

This is definitely a fun read with lovable characters. I love that it centers around a funeral
Kim Gauger
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is set almost like 4 novellas. It follows 4 soccer mom's and brings their past into the present. I enjoyed the book however I felt that each story was rushed. Each little snippet was started then quickly finished. I was just getting into the start of the first couple then it was onto the next. It is a cute read. Nothing real explicit, just a few sexy bits. I liked the way everything came together in the end. I don't want to spoil it for anyone I will just say that I like it when people ...more
Christine Frieseke-Miller
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a fun read! This book had me laughing out loud at parts. These authors did a great job of telling four stories of the soccer moms of Beaver County. These women will do anything for their kids and sometimes that bring all sorts of funny! We get to meet four best friends and see their journey as the soccer season progresses. It's basically four separate story as each person gets a few chapters to tell their story. The common threads are living in Beaver County and loving their children someth ...more
Karie Gibson
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! This book had me laughing out loud from the beginning. I might have gotten some strange looks but who cares. If you're looking for a fun read with a little soccer mom drama and some sexy times this is the one for you. These four friend are so different but they complete one another by the end anyway. I love Blanche she cracks me up mainly because she cusses about as much as I do. This whole group makes one happy family and you'll love them so much you won't want it to end!
Vicky
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Soccer Mom's Rock! These soccer mom's really are a hoot! This book really does depict small town living, where if you don't know what's going on, your neighbors can tell you. Hilariously funny characters and situations. From slutty mom's to living in a funeral home/taxidermy and driving around a hearse, you never know what you are going to get in Beaver County. You will fall in love the REAL soccer mom's of Beaver County. Maybe we will get a spin off of each of the mom's with their own book?
Sarah Murphy
Buy It Now!

So much laughter while I read! I absolutely loved this boo, and really liked how it switches from Blanche to Luna to Queenie to Moira's perspectives. While I am not a soccer mom, I am a mom whom grew up in a super small town and can understand where a lot of this comes from in their lives- especially wanting to escape, then wanting nothing more than to go back. This is a must read book! I wish I could give it FIFTY stars!
Ajs  Book Reviews
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First off let me just say this story was absolutely phenomenal! I haven't laughed that hard reading a book in I don't know how long.

This story focus on the lives of four main characters Blanche, Luna, Queenie and Moira. Each chapter tells a little about their lives and how four best friends learn to be real soccer moms of Beaver County. I was so pleased with this story and can't wait to tell everyone about it!

5 Stars
Kat DM
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Real Soccer Moms of Beaver County is about four soccer moms. Each mom has it's own story to tell. One thing I loved about the moms is that they are very protective of their kids. Everyone better get out of these moms way or all hell will break loose. No need for butt munching because they aren't about that. They are about as real as anyone could get.

Awesome job Heidi and Magan.

Anyone who needs to laugh out loud needs to get their hands on this.
Dayreader Reviews
Soccer moms, high society....not, best friends.....not,.....

So you just have to read this book to see who is what and what is what! I laughed so much while I was reading this book. I could just see some of this crazy crap happening and some of the crazy reactions. There were some years shed in there also, some great soul searching scenes...ah! You just have to read it so you can share in the craziness that is the soccer moms and their life!
Jackie D
Hilarious!

You should be able to to add more stars. This book was great. I don't recommend reading this while spouse/partner sleeps next to you I kept waking my hubby up laughing. The fight scenes at he soccer field flipping priceless. I couldn't get enough. This book made my night. Pure genius!
Alissa
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was hilarious! Being a sports mom myself, I was able to relate with the moms on the sidelines. Each characters story meshed seamlessly with the next, without repetition. I would love to read more from Bellus and Vernon.
❤️Melanie G.
This book is absolutely hilarious. I was laughing so hard at times that I had tears coming down. Every single character in this book is strong and extremely outspoken. I have to say that I wanted this book to never end.

Great read and recommend to all!!
Tiffany Houston Kyser
The Real Soccer Moms

Absolutely hysterical from beginning to end! Queenie is my absolute favorite character with his no filter mouth in this story of 4 mom's who throughout the course of a soccer season became best friends.
Isha
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
This book was hilarious. I was hooked from the beginning. Strong characters and excellent writing. I wasn't disappointed and I loved the wedding..a dead body adds a certain flair when you're getting married. Oh and Queenie..I need a Queenie in my life. Highly recommended
Lindsay
Aug 01, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm a big fan of HJ, so even though this seemed a little off the radar for me, I decided to give it a shot. I was a little disappointed, but the book did garner a few chuckles, so it wasn't a complete bust!
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a laugh out loud and then some read! I loved every minute of it! You will fall in love with everyone and wished you loved in Beaver County! A must one click read!
Judy
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
These two authors did such a good job together. This story was funny and could be true. I liked the stories of the four soccer moms and their backgrounds. Highly recommend.
Aimee McArthur
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Soccer Moms Rock...

This book was awesome! I laughed, cried and laughed so hard that I cried! Pretty much sums up the soccer sidelines everywhere!⚽️
USA Today Best Selling Author, HJ Bellus is a small town girl who loves the art of storytelling. When not making readers laugh or cry, she's a part-time livestock wrangler that can be found in the middle of Idaho, shot gunning a beer while listening to some Miranda Lambert on her Beats and rocking out in her boots.

Website: http://authorhjb.com/