Start by marking “Animal (Animal, #1)” as Want to Read:
Animal (Animal, #1)

Animal (Animal #1)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  1,116 Ratings  ·  325 Reviews
In this prison, we weren't just guards. We were animals.

I captured the guilty.
Locked them inside our prison.
Tortured their bodies and abused their minds.
I had murdered hundreds.
Never recognized one.
Until her face.
Until that scream.
I was hired to take her life.
But first, I had to figure out how she ruined mine.

*WARNING*
Animal is an extremely dark novel. There ar
Published March 23rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Animal, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Marni Mann Hey Cheri,
Thanks so much for your sweet note. Shank's getting his own book and it will release on or around October 12th.

Elizabeth
"Your life is about to change."
description

Animal is a thrilling ride full of twists and turns that will hold you captive and leave you breathless and only wanting more. As moments of pain, joy, lust, fear, and love rain down, the characters desperately seek solace and will stop at nothing to find it.

description
"I didn't know what I was actually signing up for."
Tyler Richens is a college student. A small-town girl thrust into the world of the big city, she has a bright future ahead of her. Tyler has always felt
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This review is going to come across as though I need to be shoved in a straight jacket and sent to Animals prison to be dealt with because my mind literally can not process the shit that I just read!!

I can't compare this to ANY BOOK I've previously read, but if I tried to compare it to a movie for gore factor the closest I could think of would be 'SAW' A prison run by three guards, each have their own torture tool, this prison is like no other prison you will ever hear about, these prisoner
warhawke
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Sexy dark suspense
Genre: Erotic Suspense
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person – Dual (partially multiple)
Rating:

Tyler Richens was a freshman looking for a new start. She was relief to be away from home, even though she was just scraping by. That was until she was introduced to a new lifestyle where she could have anything she wanted.

Beard was a guard at a special prison. He was a ruthless man with a distinctive taste. Being heartless made him good at his job until it became too personal.

After I've read Prisoned, Be
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
Reviewed By Beckie Bookworm
 photo 22331803_zpssnhqzrd1.jpg

🌟🌟🌟🌟 STARS
So here is “Animal” in all its glory.
Where do I start with this so very different story. well here goes,
Beard is running an illegal prison in Venezuela with his two best friends.
It’s A place where they torture and kill, not just for the money involved, but also for the kicks too.
Beard himself has an obsession with the screams, he loves to listen to the cries of the tortured and the damned, it’s just his thing.
So as you hav
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
4.5 Scream For Me Stars

photo fuckisthis_zpsgt93hjgy.gif

WOW, starting this book I knew straight away I was stepping into a weird twisted world but I could never have guessed how twisted it would get.

So Beard runs this weird prison type place in Venezuela with his two best friends, they are hired to make people confess to things or to make them disappear. They use some very 'yucky' methods to get people to talk, some of it had me gagging.

When I released, his nipple shot across the room, hitting the cement wall and dropping t
Maddie
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Maddie by: Nazanin
Shelves: dark, cover-love
description

Animal (A Prisoned Spinoff Duet Book 1)

Kindle Price: $1.13

What a twisted mind-f@ck!!!!

“Scream for me”
Once they stopped screaming, it wasn’t fun anymore –
4 stars!

Type of Characters and my choices according to pictures :

Beard aka – “Jae” Prison Guard, Captor, torturer!

Tyler Richens – age 22

Prologue!

Would he forgive me for killing myself? For ruining what we’d had?
I hope so.
Here, silently, I said good-bye.
He couldn’t feel my words, but they echoed from within my body.
Words of love, words of h
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

READING ASAP! BOOK 2 ON OCTOBER 12th!

Book 1 of 2.
Blurb:
In this prison, we weren't just guards. We were animals.
I captured the guilty.
Locked them inside our prison.
Tortured their bodies and abused their minds.
I had murdered hundreds.
Never recognized one.
Until her face.
Until that scream.
I was hired to take her life.
But first, I had to figure out how she ruined mine.

Books in duet should be read in order:
Book 1: Animal
Book 2: Monster
Jennifer Kyle
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.75 SCREEEAM Stars
Jen
*** 3.5 Stars!***

This was an ok read for me. For a large portion of the book I was kind of bored though, the last little bit is what made me enjoy it a lot more! Once I got answers to what was going on.... then I decided to up a star! I can’t go into details about what exactly bothered me about the story... this is one of those tails that need to be experienced while the story unfolds. One hint of what is going on could cause major spoilers.

This is a dark read... there is a lot of sex and flirti
CC
4.5 Stars!

description

Tyler Richens is a hardworking student attending university on an academic scholarship. Not having family to rely upon, Tyler is determined to move forward and start a new life. With always wanting to feel like she belongs, she finally accepts her roommate’s request to go out on the town. During that evening, Tyler is approached by a woman offering stability, a sizeable income and a sense of family she so desperately craves.

“We love unconditionally. And we will love you.”
“I didn’t kn
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Hulya by: Elizabeth
Ugh my brain literally fucked with this book... :-\

WOOOW!

S.M. West
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, broken, dark-read

OMG! First off, highly recommend this for anyone who loves dark reads, twisty plots and has the stomach for badass, ruthless anti-heroes!

Marni outdid herself this time! Wow, after reading Prisoned, I knew Marni had a dark, twisted sista lurky inside of her, but this, THIS is just beyond my expectations! The plot is more than twisty, it's complex, unexpected and kept me on the edge of my seat!!

Beard is not someone to fall for, although some of you may do just that ;). This is one disturbed man.
Katie
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, dark-reads, favorites
5 scream for me stars

"Love was a feeling I'd never felt before. I didn't know it's symptoms, its side effects. I didn't know the depth it could reach, how it could trigger so many other emotions, how it influenced all of my decisions. But it had done just that, and the stronger it grew-something I hadn't known was possible either- the more of it consumed me."

Holy shit. Just holy shit. What a TOTAL mind-fuck of a book. I honestly DID NOT see any of the twists in the book coming! And that ending.
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 9793a853593fc9a82bd654eccc98fb_zpsnhw7bn6b.gif

Dark, riveting, gritty, and twisted!! Marni Mann sure knows how to seduce her readers to the dark side as she dangerously engages her readers to feel for her characters in the ANIMAL. Though this is not a book for everyone since it’s definitely an acquired taste, Mann does a wonderful job as she assaults readers with her vivid and raw prose.

#AnimalMarni

In this bold tale that takes readers on a twisty journey, Marni beautifully and sinfully weaves Bea
Betul
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, arc, dark, reviewed, mind-fuck
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

4.5 'WTF' stars

If you read the blurb, you can't really figure out what to expect. After I read Prisoned and met Beard, the main character of this book, I couldn't wait to get my hands on his book. As soon as I got Animal, I knew some really dark and twisted things would go down. I love dark books with villains as main characters. And Beard fit that bill perfectly. In my opinion he isn't a good guy, but there are things that made him the way he is.
Perry ★TBBSisterhood Blog★
4.5 stars. Twisted and dark and I love it. Review to come.

ARC RECEIVED IN EXCHANGE FOR A HONEST REVIEW.
Di Covey
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-favorites
Did I just get punked? Oh, the web she weaves!! It's been a few days and I'm still not certain how to review this book. I smoked many cigarettes to calm my racing heart after finishing this book. I love a good twist, I actually crave the feel of shock. But, I'm beginning to think Marni Mann invented electricity. Holy Fuck. Shit fuck. (I'll have to bleep these words out for Amazon.

We meet Beard in Prisoned, this is a spin-off and can be read separate. But, Prisoned was just as amazing, so go read
Vasiliki
Apr 15, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!

This is a really difficult book to review. On one hand, I couldn't put it down and it had everything a dark book should have (suspense, horror, mystery, lust, love). On the other hand, there were points that really didn't make sense like the epilogue or parts of the plot. I mean that they didn't need to be there as they just complicate the story unnecessary, at least in my eyes.

Tyler is an interesting character and broken unlike anyone else. Beard is totally the anti-hero but still it
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ok....What The Hell happened !!??
Did my jaw drop or the Earth was yanked from under my feet ?!?!
Because I can't believe what I just closed the book on !
Wow....just WOW....W.O.W! I mean I thought I had figured out the story at some points , but Marni said - NO , I've got to flip the story one more time ! It's most complex piece of writing which does the whole Topsy turvy , defying gravity, stunts .
It starts with Tyler , a girl who's going through normal teenage angst ( she's 18) and she's insec
Damjana
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I usuly don't like to re-read books, even though they are on my favorite shelf. I re-read this book because I forgot all details and I wanted to have it all refreshed before starting to read second book. At some parts I asked myself why I loved it so much the first time. I read so many books between first and this second read and we all know how taste can change in time. But later at the end I found out Beard and Tyler are still one of my favorites couples :)
************************************
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕

WTF did I just fucking read?! Somebody? Anybody?

“I wanted to bury myself under her music and let those screams of desperation tuck me in”.

This author took a dark story and made it completely different from the other reads. I literally have no words for this one and quite frankly, I don’t know if this review is going to do this story justice but here I go..

Tyler has never been one to be surrounded by an ocean of love. Now on her own and attending College, she’s trying her best to make it a
Lea ★
ARC kindly provided by author.

Marni,Marni,Marni, what did you just do to me?
Talking about hardcore.
Damn! This was unexpected.
My mind is blown!
This was strange, twisted and fabulous!
I won't say it is a romance, since it is definitely not for everybody.
Great job Marni!
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
True story.

This cover floated through my feed here on good ole GR and I didn't stop, didn't pass 'go', didn't collect $200, I just immediately 1-clicked the hell out of this sucker. Because the dude on the cover reminds me of Brian Wilson.

*growls*

I *may* have even said GOT HEEEEEMMMMMMM aloud whilst 1-clicking. I'm not sure, though. I think I entered some sort of fugue state.

Cuz I sure the fuck don't remember reading the blurb. I got about 5% in and was all

But me being me, I wasn't going to wim
Dusti Hanrahan
3.5 disappointed stars
So- to hell with my opinion…I know, I know…but I must say I had super high expectations for this book because of all of the fab reviews. One would think, after all of the times I have been in the minority, I would know better than to expect anything.

This just didn’t do much for me. Don’t get me wrong- I LOVE dark, dirty, and the more trigger warnings the better- but, to me, this wasn’t very dark at all. Maybe I am becoming more and more twisted in my book desires but I need
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
OMG. What did I just read??? I loved this book! Beard was... Gah! Loved his story.
Full review to come...
Jean
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy crap! Amazing!

This book sucked me right in and had me flipping pages like crazy! Great writing, great storyline, great, great, great!!!

Warning, some triggers and this book was very dark, but I'm telling you, I was making predictions throughout the book, and was completely thrown off with how it ended! I love that! And that Epilogue, whoa, wtf just happened?!?!

I will be recommending this book to all my friends!
Elle's Book Blog
Aug 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: dark-romance
Release Date: March 23, 2017
Genre: Dark Romance (extremely dark)

Umm. I'm not really sure how I feel about this book. Normally, once I finish a book I will know whether I liked it or not. But I can't formulate my answer right now. On the one hand, I ripped through this book like Shank did to his prisoners. On the other hand, I was appalled by this book. And I LIKE dark romances. Yikes.... I just don't know.

First, let me describe this book for you- it's HOSTEL meets ROMANCE. And when I say ho
Expresso-Girls Just Wanna Have Books  ; A Mafia Romance
What a friggin' mindf*ck! I couldn't put the pieces together literally until the big reveal! That ending though......I must read Prisoner because obviously I missed something! And I can't have closure until I get to the bottom of the biggest mindf*ck of all!!!

Bravo Mann! Brav-friggin-o!!!!!
Bookgasms Book Blog
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
I absolutely love Marni Mann as I feel she is such a talented author that can write across diverse genres (contemporary, suspense and dark.) For this reason when I saw that she was writing another book in the "Prisoned" world, I knew that I needed to pick it up. She honestly shocked and blew my mind with Prisoned and I could only hope that she delivered the same mindf*ck and crazy "what the heck did I just read?" kind of ending with Animal. Boy did she deliver! Animal was absolutely astounding. ...more
MyMy (PunchDrunkLibrary)
PDL's Rating: 6 'Staggering' Punches (like WHOA)

I have been mind-fucked hard! Animal is written whereas you immediately know there’s a connection within the story and you can keep guessing and even if you guess right you are not even remotely touching the surface.

Animal was a crazy wild ride that is now easily sitting on my top reads. If you have read Prison by this author you know how well written it is but let me tell you, Animal is in a league of its own – it’s Oh. My. Gosh. I seriously canno
Bestselling author Marni Mann knew she was going to be a writer since middle school. While other girls her age were daydreaming about teenage pop stars, Marni was fantasizing about penning her first novel. She crafts sexy, titillating stories that weave together her love of darkness, mystery, passion, and human emotions. A New Englander at heart, she now lives in Sarasota, Florida, with her husban ...more
More about Marni Mann

Animal (2 books)
  • Monster (Animal, #2)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Wrong Man
    $9.49 $1.99
  • What You Don't Know
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • When They Come for You (Harper McDaniel #1)
  • Murder at Bray Manor : a cozy historical mystery
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Every Single Secret
  • Name of the Devil: A Jessica Blackwood Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Night Crew (Sean Drummond, #7)
  • The Music of the Deep
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adventuress (Lady Emily, #10)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer Children (The Collector, #3)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Good Twin
    $5.99 $2.99
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Speed of Sound (Speed of Sound Thrillers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Bones (Shetland Island, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Bourne Initiative (Jason Bourne, #14)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Under an English Heaven: An Ellie Kent Mystery
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Swansong (DI Nick Dixon #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Cold Day For Murder (Kate Shugak #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Have His Carcase (Lord Peter Wimsey #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
  • Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Mr. Timothy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
  • The Memory Closet
  • What Lies Below
  • Silent Child
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Pleasantville
    $12.49 $1.99
  • The Walkers of Dembley (Agatha Raisin, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Killing Orders
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Prince Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles #11)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Paragon Walk (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #3)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Mother
    $2.99 $1.49
“It was the rawest I had ever looked. The most emotional I’d ever been without tears, without spit, without wrinkles edged in my face from all the crying. I couldn’t cry, not about this. Because it wasn’t just sadness that consumed me. It was so beyond that. It was pain. Like” 1 likes