Start by marking “Eagle of The Empire (Relic Hunters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Eagle of The Empire (Relic Hunters, #1)

Eagle of The Empire (Relic Hunters, #1)

'As all around me cheer, eager for blood, eager for glory, I realise I have escaped one life of war and bitter struggle for survival and entered another, where the cheers of crowd will decide life or coming death.

The sound of thousands of spectators gasping sounds like soughing reeds. This is the end of my story; this glorious moment. There is no way I can win, whatever
Published July 7th 2016 by Little Bird Publishing House

To ask other readers questions about Eagle of The Empire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eagle of The Empire

Erica Metcalf
Eagle of The Empire by Martin Ferguson was such a fun read! I was totally captivated the entire time I was reading and I really struggled to put it down. This is one of those books that made me sad toward the end simply because I didn't want it to end!

Full disclosure: I was given a free copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review. This did not affect my rating in any way.

My thoughts:
I loved everything about this book and seriously cannot recommend it highly enough! To preve/>Full
Sarah Carson
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this and very unique. Two stories in one with the modern heroes of the British Museum and the historic Centurion of the Roman era. Both stories had me eager to read on. Very much made me think of Indiana Jones.
Chris J
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great YA adventure with historical adventure thrown in. A great start to a series.
Ravmeet Oberoi
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This YA adventure seeking tale came to me just when I needed it. I began reading this book when I was in a desperate need of a break after meeting all of my academic deadlines for this semester. After reading the first chapter it was clear to me that I made the right choice.

From the get-go, you are pulled in to the action. From the first page itself, the plot propels into the narrative and thus begins the tale of the Relic Hunters series. Amongst plans that went awry and conspiracies
Clare
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow this is such a great story!!!
I stumbled upon meeting the author of this book at a book signing that I recently attended in London after I had already come across the book while browsing on Amazon and was drawn to it by it's great cover. I read the blurb which really got my attention and made me want to read it as it sounded like my kinda book. The story is primarily aimed at YA readers but as a mature reader myself I felt that this book could be read by readers of all ages as it covers
Chris Turnbull
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book in paperback as it fuses my love of history with a flare of fictional adventure.
Eagle of the Empire had me hooked from the very beginning and I could not put it down until I found out what happened next - I have not been this excited to finish a book so much since Harry Potter.
The author has a great way of gripping the reader from the first page, and our hero (16 year old Adam) is a brilliant lead character. So often a leading man is perfect in every way, so it is
Lou
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
The characters in this book show some realistic qualities & traits, they also show signs for potential development as the series continues. The book switches POV frequently but you always know who it is your following due to the way Martin labels the chapters. The characters also follow a similar timeline throughout.
Eagle Of The Empire is unlike anything I’ve read before. I found this book to be quite good but for me it was quite hard going. I struggled to get into the story fully &
The Blabbing Bibliophile
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recently, a nice and awesome author, Martin Ferguson reached out to me and inquired if I would like to read the first book in his Relic Hunters series. After I read a synopsis of what I would encounter, I was sold. If you guys read or follow this blog, you know I enjoy an adventure and jumping right into history, so of course I dove right into Eagle of the Empire.

First, I met Matt. He worked on the DL for The British Museum and was on a search and rescue mission of sorts for a very i
Eileen
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This isn't my usual kind of book - I like romance and fluff, but I really enjoyed the history in this story. I look forward to reading more.
Becca Fry
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Greatly enjoyed, looking forward to the next one in the series
Claire Lyons
Feb 19, 2019
Louise Deason
Sep 17, 2019
Kyra
Aug 29, 2019
Mark Miller
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A thrilling start to a series and nothing like anything I have read before.
This is both two stories in one - a treasure hunting modern adventure and a historical (Roman) tale of war, loss and sacrifice. Both have strong characters and leave you wanting more.
Am interested to see where the rest of the series takes us.
Kat
*** this review is MY honest opinion and I have NOT received any compensation nor been requested to review the book ***

I met the author at the Leeds Books signing earlier this month and I was lucky to get my hands on a paperback copy Martin had for Bloggers and Reviewers attending.

I had spotted this YA series from the posts in the group on Facebook, since I primarily read Paranormal, both YA and Adult, so it had sparked my interest.

The book’s main character is
Nick Roden
Victoria Moschou
Jan 04, 2019
Visit the official website at: http://mferguson100.wixsite.com/author
and on Facebook at: http://fb.me/AuthorMartinFerguson

Martin Ferguson is a UK based author, previously writing under the pseudonym of Edward Drake.
Martin's debut series, Relic Hunters, is a Young Adult adventure series, drawing on the myths and legends of different time periods and blending them with thrill-seeking action in the modern age.

Eagle of the Empire, based on the