Start by marking “His Drunken Wife (Marriages Made in India #3)” as Want to Read:
His Drunken Wife (Marriages Made in India #3)

His Drunken Wife (Marriages Made in India #3)

This edition has been scrapped
Published August 14th 2016 by Flaming Sun (Indie published)

To ask other readers questions about His Drunken Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Drunken Wife

Start your review of His Drunken Wife (Marriages Made in India #3)
Shilpa Garg
Nov 30, 2016 rated it liked it
His Drunken Wife is the ninth book authored by Sundari Venkatraman and is the Book#2 in the 5-novella series Marriages Made in India.

The characters of this book were part of Sundari’s earlier novella, The Runaway Bridegroom. In His Drunken Wife, Mr. Perfect Abhimanyu falls in love with Shikha , the rebel. It’s love at first sight for him while for Shikha, Abhimanyu doesn’t figure on her list anywhere.

When Shikha gets to know that Abhimanyu is rich enough for her, she accepts his marriage propos
Devika Fernando
Sep 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
"His Drunken Wife" is the second book in the 5-novella series "Marriages Made in India", and I liked it enough to check out the other books too.

This is the author’s first try at writing a novella that is decidedly hotter than her contemporary romance novels. Regarding its style, it reminded me a little of her romantic suspense novel "An Autograph for Anjali", mostly due to its brevity, its succinct language and its daring foray into an area not too many Indian romance novelists touch.

I had alrea
Sharon Shre
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
His Drunken Wife by Sundari Venkatraman

Shikha, the bold and beautiful girl with an only mission to marry a rich, and a handsome guy enter the office of RS Software seeking a job as a secretary. She thoroughly does a background check on her boss Ranveer who is single, handsome, and filthy rich. Unfortunately, her plan did not hit and settles with the other guy Abhimanyu who has an instant liking towards her from the first day. Initially, she found Abhimanyu as a nerd but her thoughts changed slow
Sunita Saldhana
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
A bride who drinks herself into a stupor at her wedding reception when the bridegroom is everything she has wanted in a husband, rich, rich and rich. It makes for an interesting story. As the Maggi ketchup ad says, “It’s different!”

‘His Drunken Wife’ is the second novella in the ‘Marriages Made in India’ series by Sundari Venkatraman. Now, the reasons I wanted to read it in the first place were:

It was part of the “Marriages made in India” series.
I love the way Sundari writes the love scenes.
Her
Shalini | Muffytales
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
His Drunken Wife is the second book of Marriages Made in India series, the first one being The Smitten Husband. While Smitten Husband was about a typical arranged marriage in India and on how love blossoms in the hearts of the couple, His Drunken Wife is more bold and dramatic. You cannot find a nice and sweet heroine here, for Shikha is sizzling hot.
Shikha is an alcohol addict, hot-headed and skittish. She is appalled when the staid and boring Abhimanyu proposes her for marriage but is amazed w
Shivani Agrawal
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
The badass Shikha is startled when the nerdy Abhimanyu proposes marriage. She loves... herself, and Abhimanyu doesn't figure on her list anywhere. For Abhimanyu, however, it was love at first sight when Shikha walked into RS Software, where the two of them work.

When Abhimanyu shows her that he just might be rich enough for her, a pleasantly surprised Shikha accepts his marriage proposal and moves into his swanky apartment.

But it looks like the love is all from only Abhi’s side as Shikha continu
Reshma Ranjan
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is all about- ‘through thick and thin true love endures (always)’.
If anyone could have pulled a female character with drinking problem, smoking issues and an obsession to marry wealth successfully as a protagonist in a romance it is Sundari Venkatraman.
More than the reader in me, the writer in me wanted to see how she did that. But soon the reader in me kicked in. It is not the usual fairytale kind but more an inspirational one.
The patience and strength of Abhimanyu is just rock solid as
Adite
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sundari Venkatraman is one of the most prolific authors of Indian romance novels and novellas. This one is part of a series called Marriages Made in India and is a quick read. In a departure from her style, this time Sundari has made the book much hotter. Shikha as the addicted-to-alcohol protagonist is not your regular goody-goody heroine and it took me a while to warm up to her. But Abhimanyu is a hero to die for. I enjoyed the read and give it 3.5 stars.
Shubhangi Srikanth
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
The story revolves around Abhimanyu and Shikha, characters who we get a brief glimpse of in Sundari’s previous novel. Opposite poles Abhimanyu and Shikha are bound together in a marriage. What is merely an association of convenience for Shikha, is a bond of love for Abhi. He is perfection personified and she’s your wayward girl. The story traces how their paths come together and how Abhi gives her unconditional love and support, helping her overcome her fears and addiction, in spite of her could ...more
Nilima
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have finished yet another book by my Favourite Author friend Sundari Venkatraman. Its totally different and hotter than any of the books I have read by her ;)
Dont believe it? The Cover will only make your eyes bulge out :D

Shikha, Sundari Venkatraman's female protogonist who is very very different from her usual strong-superwoman-hidden-in-nextdoor-type-girls in His Drunken Wife.
His Drunken Wife is 2nd book from the 5novella series of Marriages Made in India. If the first one was short & hot, y
Rennie Mathews
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Truly enthralling

This was my first novel of Sundari and loved it right from the first chapter.
The little corporate and Thailand portions, along with the de-addiction was perfectly explained. The sad childhood and its repercussions on a young girl, a loving husband who wants to help cure her, etc, seems a plot for a movie.
Great story Sundari. You got a fan for life
Now off to reading all the remaining novels. Keep it going.
Ruchira Khanna
Dec 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shikha's character was not evolved well for the reader to sympathize with her past thus, finding her very arrogant and disconnected even after she got rid of her habit. There were some moments in the story that were not well addressed thus not giving justice to her work scenario. It seemed the author was in a hurry to resolve things and move further. Overall a light breezy read. ...more
Shyama Gupta
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well woven thoughts

It's light and a quick read. The string of thoughts and storyline will make you relate to the incidents around you.
Lee
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Steamy indian romance
I loved this book.
More stories please
I cant wait to read more by this author
Wonderful
Nithya K
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
awesome read. perfect for in flight reading...

I loved this story. Perfect reading for short flights. it is fast, racy, and very well written. I recommend it.
Amarendra Bandla
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
A decent one if you want a quick read book.
Surbhi Sareen
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
His Drunken Wife by Sundari Venkatraman is her second novel in the series of Marriages Made in India. This is a novella that has spice, sensuality, love and loads of drama. This book can be surely converted into a movie.

Talking about the cover of the book, it looks fantastic as it has a couple who are in intense mode. The cover looks like as if we are going to read an erotica but it has something different in stored for us. The passionate picture surely has a unique story to convey.

The title Hi
 Ashwini Gopalkrishnan
His Drunken Wife by Sundari Venkatraman is a good read book .This story is based out of the characters from the book called ‘The Runaway Bridegroom’.By now you all must be aware of sundari′s writings . The plot of this story is like all other romantic stories .

The lead characters are always have conflicting emotions contrary to their true nature Here Sundari has created a female beast and a somber male human being who tries to tame her .

Shikha and Abhi are gracefully penned by her .All I can say
Abhishek Pant
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love explained in an erotic way

True love is healthy, hence prooved. Ignoring the love making, the writing is plain and easy going. Thumbs up !
SSShafiq
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
A short novella which tries to be bold and tackle important topics but largely falters. Sikha, my favourite character from The Runaway Bridegroom gets her happily-ever-after with Vice President / Executive Assistant / Man-whose-job-I-still-can't-describe Abhi. Sikha is supposed to be a bad-ass woman with absolutely no volume control as the author always describes her a screaming, screeching etc. Also she may be an alcoholic but love can fix all of that. So yay.

Abhi has always loved Sikha (after
Rubina
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"They were the perfect yin and yang— he was cool and collected while she was brash and loud. "

The above sentence sums up the story in a neat line. While Shikha comes across as brash and vibrant, it's Abhimanyu's quiet demeanor which will leave a mark on the readers. This short read is a perfect add to Ms. Venkatraman's series aptly termed as Marriages Made in India. Going with this title, this book also shows one very common thing which was present in all the stories of Ms. Venkatraman. Marriage
Inderpreet Uppal
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Drunken Wife is an homage to love that stands by when the going gets tough. It is the love that fights for its love. The book is fast, fun and full of a lot of fireworks! Sundari has kept the pace of the first book in the series and book 2 has all the elements of a good read and it a quick read as well.

Smart, sexy and setting hearts aflutter, Shikha and Abhimanyu left me a happy reader. The book has romance as well as substance – a trademark of Sundari who always manages to mesh common sense
S
Sep 11, 2016 rated it liked it
This is the second book in the series. The chemistry between Shikha n Abhi is sizzling. Where Shikha was drunk , stubborn & had too many issues . Abhi was a total darling and absolutely perfect. I throughly enjoyed this story.
Shonnie
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
His Drunken Wife Review

The title? Nevertheless, I was intrigued to know how the heroine's story would be told. Without too many spoilers I will say she's still not likable and I didn't feel she grew much.
Ruchi Singh
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Hot and smoldering, breezy read.
Shikha Dutt
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• A Marriage Knot: a tangled love story
  • The Devil’s Kiss
  • The Rule Breaker
  • Living on the Edge: An Indian Billionaire romance (The Sehgal Saga (Family & Friends) Book 4)
  • Crash in Love: An Enemies to Lovers Romance
  • Dear Husband
  • Her Undercover Boss
  • Mr & Mrs Sehgal (Mr & Mrs Series Book 1)
  • Bound by the Marriage Contract
  • His Destined Bride (The Bride Series Book 2)
  • The Confused Bridegroom: A Romantic Comedy
  • The Devil’s Desire: A Passionate Romance
  • Dance With Me
  • Take a Chance on Me: An Indian billionaire romance (Sehgal Saga (Family & Friends) Book 1)
  • The Proposition: A Billionaire Marriage Of Convenience Romance
  • Marriage Jitters (Accidental Marriage Series Book 1)
  • The Bride's Brother: A Passionate Romance
  • His Unsuitable Wife (Twins Mayhem Duet Book 1)
Sundari Venkatraman is an Indie Author who has 50+ to her credit. These books have consistently featured in the Top 100 Bestseller Lists on Amazon India, Amazon USA, Amazon UK, Amazon Canada and Amazon Australia in both romance as well as Asian Drama categories. Her latest hot romances have all been on #1 Bestseller slot in Amazon India for over a month.

Even as a child, Sundari absolutely loved th