Start by marking “The Prince's Special Bride: Royal Romance (Romancing the Royals Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Prince's Special Bride: Royal Romance (Romancing the Royals Book 1)

The Prince's Special Bride: Royal Romance (Romancing the Royals Book 1)

Marie doesn’t believe in fairytales and needs no handsome prince to rescue her from misery – but everything changes when she falls in love with Crown Prince Christian of Taragonia. When his sister invites Marie to the palace, their lives collide and leave them both fighting their forbidden attraction.

Prince Christian has no place in his life for love or for a woman who do
Published July 29th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Prince's Special Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Prince's Special Bride

Coco.V
Jul 30, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon & iBooks today (7/30/2018)!💝

Blurb:

Prince Christian has no place in his life for love or for a woman who doesn’t fit into the royal scheme of things. But vivacious Marie steals h
Reet Singh
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked up a Devika Fernando after ages.
I must say, she seems to have found her niche - I enjoyed this royal story a lot, and for more than one reason...

The characters, the setting, the conflict - super; the language - great; and the editing - good.

If I have to pick one person, I choose the Queen mother as the character that I enjoyed the most. She is indomitable, formidable, and unflinchingly regal. Good job indeed.

The love story between Marie and her fabulous prince is sweet and completely en
Alina Cătărău
Sep 18, 2016 rated it liked it
"Even during the fitful bouts of sleep, her mind had been filled with a suave, secretive seducer in a princely uniform who spoke endearments in an unknown language and caressed her body in all the right ways." (Loc. 1201-1203)

For today’s post I wrote a book review for author Devika Fernando’s first book in the Royal Romance series, The Prince’s Special Bride. Before I start, I just want to warn you that the novel triggered some mixed feeling inside me, so bear in mind that there will be also som
Rubina
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Disclaimer: I bought a copy of this book

I am reading Ms. Fernando's work after a long time. I always had a feeling that her writing caters to YA novels but with this series of Royal Romance, she has certainly proved me wrong.

The Starting Phase:

Every romance reader reads a romance novel for one thing only - the 'good feel' feeling that remains even after you close the book. Ms. Fernando's romance has that. Now who wouldn't want to be a Cinderella of their own love story? But here Marie is not a
Shantala  (Shanaya Tales)
I have to admit that the main reason I picked this book up was because of the premise. It had been a long time since I'd read a royal romance, especially one between a commoner and a prince (a Cinderella story of sorts), and this book seemed like the perfect choice to correct that.

Though to be clear, Marie is no damsel in distress, who needed a prince to rescue her. On the contrary, she is a fiercely independent, passionate woman, who has a mind of her own.

However, when Prince Christian came alo
Kala Ravi Sarathy
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Devika Fernando’s ‘The Prince’s Special Bride’ is a feel good romance with the right blend of intrigue, romance, lust, twists and turns, all set in a glorious royal setting.
Cover: I don’t usually judge a book by its cover, but a romance where the damsel is of exotic origin and her Prince Charming is that exciting, the cover is a bit tame.
Characters:
Christian: After a very long time, I fell in love with the male character of a novel! Crown prince Christian is one to sweep you off your feet. Dign
Carly Compass
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cinderella story with a twist

I had a bit of a rough start with this story as romance and fairy tales are not my usual genre, but Devika Fernando's compelling story telling spurred me on to a very entertain read indeed!
Shree
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Plot Summary

Night manager and ordinary islander Marie doesn't need a knight in shining armour to rescue her from her misery. Not that she is miserable, just that having a loving companion doesn't hurt. In comes waltzing the handsome and smart Prince Christian of Taragonia. Sparks fly right from the start and she ends up accepting an invite to stay with Prince Christian's sister and her friend, Princess Olivia. Things go from bad to worse, thanks to the media and a fact that Marie is a commoner.
M.V. Kasi
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sweet and heartwarming story that transports you to a fairytale like setting. I loved Marie and Christian(although in my mind, he's way hotter than the cover model!). Olivia turned into quite a firebrand. I'm definitely looking forward to reading her story next.
Nilima
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
#ThePrincesSpecialBride #RoyalRomance #Romance #BookSeries
Book Review: The Prince's Special Bride by Devika Fernando

Do you love Romantic tales set in Royal settings and with a fairy tale feel to it? You should buy the entire series of Royal Romance by Devika Fernando immediately. I am still swooning after reading Book 1: The Prince's Special Bride and dying to read the Book 2: The Prince's Stubborn Bride.
Psst.. Buy the entire series. Bonus Chapter 1 of Book 2 at end of Book 1 is really tantalizi
Susanne
Like Ms Fernando's other books, this is a sweet romance with characters you'd like to have for a friend. The story is a lovely take on Cinderella, with the protagonist not only from a different country but also a different culture. Accidentally befriending an incognito princess doesn't happen everyday, but hotel night manager, Marie, cares about people, and when she hears someone hidden in her special tree house, sobbing, it is inevitable she will try to make the young woman feel better.

Christi
Sundari Venkatraman
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I had read a series of royal tales by Nora Roberts and have been hooked since then. When Devika Fernando announced her Royal Romance Series, I was awed. I couldn't wait to get my hands on The Prince's Special Bride.
This is the story of Marie who is illegitimate and has African blood. The story is about her and Prince Christian of Taragonia. They fall in love. His mother, the Queen, disapproves. Will they be able to get together?
The author has woven an interesting tale giving the reader glimpses
Reshma Ranjan
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great royal romance to spend couple of hours with!
The women characters of Devika Fernando in the Royal Romance Series are today’s woman who have their heart and head at the right place. Loved them, both Marie in Prince’s Special bride and Olivia in Prince’s Stubborn Wife.
They know exactly what they want from their life and know to expand their sight to a greater good as well: Strong yet soft women of substance. Prince Christian is a complete Mr. Perfectionist. His silent brooding and controll
Preethi Venugopala
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Devika Fernando's writing is very vivid and takes you to the world she has created every time.
Marie, the pragmatic night manager at a resort in the Maldives befriends Liv, one of the mysterious guests in the resort.
Her brother Christian comes in pursuit of Liv and the three form a special bond.
But Marie is in for a surprise as Liz is Olivia, the princess of Taragonia.
Marie receives an invitation from Olivia to be her special guest at the palace while she prepares for her wedding.
What happens the
Azia
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful and enjoyable sweet romance. Her characters are always so real, you can't help but love them and need to know what happens next. The prince is of course drool worthy and charming. Marie is so real, so strong, intelligent, kind, fun, and a bit sassy. I Love the fact that her heroines are always strong and brave women that don't need to be rescued. I truly Love the exotic and the royal settings in this book. I look forward to reading more soon.
Ruchira Khanna
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A light hearted romance amidst royalty!
What more can a reader ask for?

The characters have been etched well. Loved the strong and dynamic Marie. Christian the prince is drool worthy! What actually put me in awe was Olivia the sister of the prince. She was a lovely matchmaker. Looking forward to the next in the series.
Ruchi Singh
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, royal
Out of all the 'Romancing the Royal's Book series', this one was the best.

It had all the shades of conflicts-very unique and interesting. Marie is courageous and indeed special. And prince is really royal and handsome. I loved the characterization of both the lead pair.

I would recommend the series to all romance lovers who want a larger than life setting blended with real life values.
Sunita Saldhana
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
My review:

This is the first time I am reviewing a book by Devika Fernando.  I have always been intrigued by her books, especially the Royal Romance series.

I suppose at heart and we are all looking for our Prince Charming, even as we fight for equality.

Devika has created a perfect blend where this longing for the prince is matched with an equally strong independent streak in the heroine.

Devika has a very easy style of writing that makes it easy to slip into the story.  Her characters are human ra
Deepti
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Devika Fernando could not have chosen more beautiful locales for her latest romance – ‘The Prince’s Special Bride’ (Royal Romance Book 1); Maldives with the most beautiful sunsets in the world, and Taragonia, “the gem with sparkly colours and shiny royals.”
Marie Kemei, the Night Manager at Kuramathi Island in the Maldives, has the perfect job. She is intrigued by the enigmatic Liv, a strikingly beautiful, mysterious guest who hides behind a hoodie and dark glasses. They strike up a friendship, a
Summerita Rhayne
Aug 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Prince's Special Bride is the first in the Royal series by author Devika Fernando. It's a lovely take on the Cinderella story. Marie is like any other girl and easily relatable. At the same time she's intelligent and has a core integrity. Even when swept away by the fairytale surroundings of the palace, she retains her doubts and treads carefully. She is honest and tells the Prince upfront he shouldn't try to change her. The attraction between them is sizzling. However, it is just the book f ...more
Twist
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
I liked the book, but I wasn't crazy about it. It felt rushed and jerky, as in movement, not being. Ever heard of a stutter step? That is how this book felt to me. I don't see how they got engaged. I never felt love from either of them. There was definitely lust, but I just wasn't feeling it.A big deal was made by the female MC about the color of her skin and hair. In fact the Princess mentioned that she was making racist comments about herself. It was just uncomfortable all the way around.I did ...more
Nikita Jhanglani
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Marie, our heroine, charms the socks off you from the word go! She is beautiful and intelligent, sensitive and honest. And yet, Marie is real, and therefore very relatable. I loved Liz too. And so is Christian!

Devika has a way with her words. Her language is impeccable, a perfect balance of simple and exotic. She sketches the characters beautifully and describes the minutest details in a scene so crisply, you'd almost feel you are right there, standing next to the hero and heroine!
B S LUPTON NEILSON
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Read!

There's nothing better than falling in love with someone and finding out he's a prince who will one day become king....enchanting story, well told, and fascinating in the reveal. Do yourself a favor and buy this book!!
Serlina
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Romance

Love, loved this story and the characters. Well not everyone believes in fairy tales but most times life`s journey turns out to be a fairy take. You gotta suffer hardships to make you into the person you are. It either makes you stronger or breaks you. I liked the journey, the struggle and I could very much picture the place in this story for it definitely somewhat help me picture the potential of my home island!😊Would definitely recommend reading this book to anyone!
Tonya Peterson
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beyond love

When marie was working as a night manager she ran into a young lady crying and hidden not asking too many questions she got to be quick friends with the lady known as liv. But when her brother came sparks went off. At the end of their visit she found out why they both were so secretive and her life as she knew it was never again going to be simple.
Morgan Blomstedt
Diane Guinn
Jan 07, 2019
Ruth Foreman
Aug 13, 2018
Almost as soon as Devika Fernando could write, she imagined stories and poems. After finishing her education in Germany and returning to her roots in Sri Lanka, she got a chance to turn her passion into her profession. Having lived in Germany and in Sri Lanka with her husband has made her experience the best (and the worst) of two totally different worlds – something that influences her writing. H ...more