Start by marking “Destroy” as Want to Read:
Destroy

Destroy (The Drazen World)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  97 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
My entire life fell apart once. It took everything I had to pull it back together, and drag the Jessica Carnes name out of the gutter.

And now he threatens to destroy all I’ve worked for—my sculpture, my rebuilt reputation, and my life. All I have is my art, and I’ll do anything to save it from his predatory hands.

Even if it means offering myself instead.
Published July 26th 2016 by Kindle Worlds

To ask other readers questions about Destroy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destroy

Beverly
Jul 21, 2016 rated it liked it
I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect with Destroy, but I am a huge fan of Nikki Sloane so I had to see what this was all about. As you have probably noticed this cover looks super familiar. If you are a fan of CD Reiss I am sure you have seen the covers to her Submission series. Destroyed is actually part of Kindle Words where fans/authors can add to series.

Destroy is Jessica’s story, Jonathan’s ex-wife. Her story isn’t one I thought I cared to know, but after reading it I was glad I did. This
Tanja ~ KT Book Reviews
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Twisted and delicious!
Elle the ClosetRomanceReader aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received in exchange for a review*

This is the challenge, for me at least, when reading a short story. That it feels like I’m walking into the middle of the story…

See, the thing is I know what led Jessica to where she’s at now. This is the Jessica that I’ve come to dislike because of what she was and because of what she’s done to much beloved characters in that Drazen world that C.D. Reiss has created. So I was really curious what Nikki was gonna do with her.

I didn’t see much that would rede
Grace
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Whenever anyone asks me for a hot read, the first thing I thing of is the Songs of Submission series by CD Reiss. I mean, King Jonathan. Say no more.

So when I saw that Nikki was writing a book about Jessica, a woman I have come to hate, my interest was peaked. I love a good redemption story. And I was curious how true this author would stay to SoS.

Overall, I think she did a great job.
This book does have the same heat and sexual tension that SoS did.
I liked the story the author created f
Shayna
What a provocative little treat!

Looking at the cover of DESTROY by Nikki Sloane, your asking yourself, where do I know that from? That looks familiar. If you are a CD Reiss fan, and a fan of her Submission series, you will be wondering what the hell you missed. Don't worry, you didn't miss anything at all. Everything is what it seems. Destroy is part of Kindle Worlds, which is a fanfic forum for fans, by fans. This is where writers and fans alike, add their own take, their own characters and bui
Meka♥books
SPOILERS
I loved everything about this book. I didn’t like the character of Jessica Carnes very much in the Song of Submission series by C.D. Reiss. I found her to be too manipulative, conniving, and sexually vanilla but in this short story Jessica has met her match in Alec Rafferty. This was an interesting read to say the least. In a nutshull, Jessica gets destroyed and recreated.

Alec Rafferty is an Alpha male quite different from Jonathan Drazen. I swooned over Jonathan but not so much Alec. W
Mamacita wants a Bedtime Story
3.25 "Goldilocks & 3 Bears" Stars

It was an ok read. I really shouldn't read novellas that aren't already part of the story. It's too hard to "sell" me. I loved the Creativity incorporated Jessica's art. I loved that Alec was just right for Goldilocks. I liked the one thing that made Jessica run from Jonathan, his dominance, just wasn't what she thought it was about. Other than that the story fell flat. Like I said it's probably my fault for trying another shorty. This author is awesome. The
YaYa
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

How I wish this was a full length novel. Never been interested in an exes story as much as Jessica's. Nikki Sloane pulled it off where I would've never guessed it was someone else writing it besides CD Reiss. Nice touch to the Submission Series.

Nikki, can you write me another one?

*An arc was received by the author in exchange for an honest opinion.*
Romance Readers Retreat
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am a shameless Nikki Sloane fangirl. She could rewrite the phonebook and I would be clamoring to read it. When I found out she was tackling CD Reiss's Song of Submissions series now that it is a part of Kindle Worlds, I could barely contain my excitement. While you can go into this deliciously sexy short read without having read that series, it is likely you will have a pressing need to seek it out once you're done so you can fill in all the complicated backstory hinted at in Destroy.

Destroy c
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo newreviewbannerfeather_zpspga5dbag.jpg

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

Fantastic novella from Nikki Sloane! Fast paced, sensual and dark! I loved, loved the atmosphere and writing. If you want something juicy and quick, I recommend this one. Perfect summer read!

5 Stars

photo newbanner2_zpsjiptvrlr.jpg
Nikki
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Songs of Submission is one of my favorite series, and to have one of my favorite authors write IN the Drazen World is amazing. Fantastic story about Jessica from the Drazen World. My only nit - it's too short! As a reader and lover of CD Reiss and Nikki Sloane, I'm greedy, I want more.

I hated Jessica in SoS, could I like Jessica in Destroy? Yes, Nikki Sloane gave us a story about Jessica that makes you want to know more about her. And in true Nikki Sloane fashion, it's hot. Alec and Jessica - I
Michelle Rodriguez
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 wow Nikki you did Christine proud. Review to follow.

*An ARC was provided for an honest review.
Torie
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. I didn't mean to but I did. I hated Jessica's character in the Submission series. I didn't want her to be almost happy. I wanted her to die a slow painful death.

This book is about Jessica. She has served time in jail. She is trying to put her life back together as an artist.

Alec has the reputation in the art world for stealing other artist work. When their paths cross there was dislike, but they understand each other because disliked in the community they work in.

Christy
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
An insanely good short in the new Drazen World series (characters from author C.D. Reiss).

This story centers on Jessica Carnes, ex-wife (and ex-convict) of Jonathan Drazen. She has served her time, and is attempting to get back on top in the art world. Her latest sculpture - which she considers her true masterpiece - is finally purchased. Unfortunately, it is purchased by a man whose reputation in the art world is a bit on the unsavory side. And she finds herself attracted to him, and willing to
Kristina at For The Love Of Books
Reading Destroy by Nikki Sloane I didn't really know what to expect. The only thing I knew for sure was that it would be hot and of course it was all of Nikki's books are. I have read all of the Song of Submission series but it had been so long that I could have used a refresh. Without even thinking of them I must say I still enjoyed this little book of wonder and it left me wanting the whole story. It left me wanting more and I guess that's what you want from a good book. However it was very qu ...more
Karen Arrowood
Destroy is the 8th and final book (well, novella) in a series set in a Kindle World - the Drazen World created by C.D. Reiss.
This is my first venture into a kindle wold.

First, let me get my biases out in the open:
1. I am not generally a fan of novellas; they feel incomplete to me.
2. I really do not do well reading a series out of order, so coming in on the last book in the series is very difficult for me.

The book is about Jessica Carnes, from C.D. Reiss' Song of Submission series, and Alec Raff
Silvia
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Arc received for an honest review.

I loved Destroy by Nikki Sloane. When I read the blurb I was chomping at the bit to read this fanfic based on a series that I absolutely love, (Songs of) Submission by CD Reiss. I wanted a most despicable character, Jessica, Jonathan's evil ex-wife to be destroyed.

Instead what I believe the author highlighted was Jessica's vulnerability when it came to protecting her artistic creations. Her latest and greatest work was sold to an equally despicable character, Al
Heather R Callahan
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you have read the Song of Submission series that you should read this one. I was a quick book that gives a little more about Jessica.

Jessica was a well know artist, who when to prison for murder. She is fighting to get her name and reputation back, but at what cost.

Alex is also a well know artist, but for other reasons. He’s name is associated with destruction and demise. He is a monster, and he will get whatever he wants.

This was a faced paced, great little book. I would love for it to be m
One-Click
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-read, novella, arc
Oh what cha gonna do with Jessica! The character us CD Reiss, Songs of Submission fans, love to hate! In this Drazen World novella, we get a take on how Jessica tries to put her life back together after Jonathan.

When she finds out her prize sculpture has been purchased by a known art leach, she does everything she can to try to destroy it. Rather death by her hand than be bastardized by none other than Alec Rafferty.

Gallery owner Maritza is the only one left that will give Jessica a chance and
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Insanely sexy, dark and delicious.

Jessica is trying to redeem herself. Turn over a new leaf so to speak. Alex is up to his old tricks. Will he Destroy her?

Destroy is a quick read that packs one hell of a punch. With the intense and explosive chemistry between Jessica and Alex you can't help but be sucked in from the first page. If you're a fan of The Submission Series by CD Reiss you will love this little nugget of hotness. If you haven't read it yet you will still feel the heat and you may find
Peggy Lee (Reading Keeps Me Sane)
This is story is insanely wicked! I loved it! If you are a fan of the Songs of Submission series then you're going to love this fanfic, A Drazen World Novella! It's Jessica's story, Jonathan's ex-wife.

Jessica now released on parole has her art work sold to a Fraud. An artist accused of stealing the art work of other artists, revamping and claiming it as his own, now owns Jessica's sculpture. In a haste move Jessica tries to destroy her sculpture the artist, Alec Rafferty, has purchased. Alec is
Marika
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story so very much! If you are familiar with CD Reiss' submission series you will know all about Jessica, Jonathan's ex wife.
She was never a fav character of mine but Nikki Sloane still had me glued to the kindle to read what happened to her after jail.
Alec..I am very very intrigued by this character and I really hope to get more of him.
It was interesting and hot and very very apt!
I found Jessica and Alec's relationship ironic and if you love submission series you'll understand wh
She Hearts Books
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a huge fan of CD's and the Drazen world she created. I was excited to hear that Nikki was diving into that world and writing Jess' story. Hers is a story of personal redemption. Have to tell you that she resembled evil when it came to her ex Jonathan and I wanted to see what she would do with her life after getting out of jail. She goes back to what she loves - her art. Her latest sculpture is her masterpiece and catches the eye of a shady man. There is so much heat between Alex and Jessica ...more
Amy
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

I didn't think it was possible to like Jessica even a little but this novella at least softened my heart toward her. Bravo Nikki. Destroy fits perfectly into the Drazen World.
Rosemary
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Read and reviewed for Romance Readers Retreat Book Blog.
Jeannine
This was just okay for me. It’s super quick so there’s not a lot of story. The sexy times were pretty hot buts that’s pretty much all there is.
Samantha L
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There are a few authors that I never hesitate to read when they have a new release. Nikki Sloane is pretty high up on that list. So I can honestly say that I don’t really pay much attention to what it is they are releasing, I just jump in with both feet first. So to say that I was elated that this little novella was a dip into the ocean that is the Drazen world – brought to life by none other than the fabulous CD Reiss in her submission series, is a complete understatement. Destroy is part of wh ...more
 •Cici• Theory of A Dreamer Book Blog♥
*I received a copy of this book from Social Butterfly PR in exchange for an honest review*

Thank you so very much Social Butterfly PR for sending me a copy of Destroy!!! I am honored and grateful!! :)

4.5 Battle of the Arts Stars!!!

This was my second time reading Ms.Sloane's work and my first time going into The Drazen World!! I have heard so many wonderful things about The Songs Of Submission series and this Novella made me want to dive right into the series as soon as possible. This short story
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
description

I wasn't sure what to expect going in to this story. I knew it sounded interesting and I enjoy this author's writing. Shhhh...don't tell anyone but I have yet to read the origin of this story but it has been on my list to read FOREVER. I don't know that not reading it took away from the story though, but now I MUST go back to where it started.

This story is short, HOT and intense. There was not enough time to really get to know these characters, other than they both are trying to make us for the
Samantha Ortegon (Books, Wine & Time)
I did not know what to expect while reading Destroy since I am not familiar with the Submission series by CD Reiss. However, I am a Nikki Sloane fan and knew I would be in for a dark and sensual read.

Jessica Carnes, a stubborn, strong-willed artist finds herself trying to save her reputation. Jessica's sculpture has been sold and she finds herself having to decide whether to destroy her sculpture that she has poured her heart into or see it in the hands of a man she loathes.

Alec Rafferty seem
« previous 1 3 4 next »
C.D.'s Canaries: *DESTROY* A Drazen World Story BR 08/18/16 32 62 Aug 26, 2016 11:12AM

The Drazen World (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Run (Run, #1)