Start by marking “Another Notch in the Beltway” as Want to Read:
Another Notch in the Beltway

Another Notch in the Beltway

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  24 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Historical romance writer, Lenore Held, AKA, LaSandra Lacy, feeling the need to step into the present century, both personally and professionally, has agreed to co-author a steamy contemporary romance with male author, MP Finnegan.

As sparks begin to fly, on and off the written page, the world around them turns into utter chaos.

Her son’s father, Senator Byron Maxwell, mak
Published September 13th 2016 by Avn Publications

To ask other readers questions about Another Notch in the Beltway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Another Notch in the Beltway

Dianne
She is a best-selling historical romance author writing under a pen name for anonymity, but even successful authors need to take a trip out of their comfort zone to gain a fresh perspective on writing. Little did Lenore know, agreeing to co-author a contemporary and steamy love story with another author that not only would fiction mimic reality, but the quiet cocoon she had built around herself was about to be a thing of the past.

M.P. Finnegan, a steamy romance author is a man, a very sexy, sens
Angelle Barbazon
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If the book cover alone isn't enough the make you pick this one up, the story will absolutely capture your attention. L.A. Long's Another Notch in the Beltway is a great end-of-summer read!
Lovinghotbooks
*A copy of this book was gifted to me from the author and I freely give my honest review*

A good romance with some suspenseful sections. What’s missing in my opinion was the intensity of feelings. It was on the verge of being boring but it didn’t go there.....

* Good storyline that progresses in a nice pace.
* Well described characters
* Sweet love scenes
* No unnecessary descriptions of surroundings
* A good amount of dialogues

Good 4 star romance
This was
Sapphyria
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lenore is a historical romance author writing under the name of LaSandra Lacy. In an effort to become a contemporary romance writer, she teams up with MP Finnegan, a male author to co-write a steamy romance novel. Their connection and the sparks are undeniable. Amid this new relationship, Lenore's past comes back in full force.

A very married Senator Byron Maxwell is the father of Lenore's son, Nathan. Absent after 20+ years, the good Senator seeks something from Lenore, except what he wants isn
Christie72
Aug 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: beautiful, sexy
Lenore is a historical romance novelist who has been quite successful in her career, but she feels frustrated and trapped within that genre. She wants to do something different, something a little steamier. She eventually becomes a writing partner with MP Finnegan. The partnership soon involves much more than writing, but can their love last with all the external factors causing obstacles to their HEA.

It is a romance, but there is also a good bit of suspense. The plot is just as the synopsis su
Becky Rendon
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
The story is exactly what the blurb says. Romance writer with a scandal in her closet from the past becomes the opportunity for a new scandal.

There are no twists and the plot is very straightforward. I try to put a positive spin on all my reviews. I had a hard time connecting with the characters not for lack of trying. Any man with an accent pulls me in, but little things that I'm hoping were editing errors made his terms of endearment seem contradictory.

I wish the author luck in this and futur
Susan Page
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, although I did think it was a bit repetitious in places. Lenore is a lovely character, and so is Michael Patrick, but he is a little bit too stereotypical Irishman, not terribly real. It is a well thought out story. Corrine was a malevolent witch, but you could understand why, and perhaps the author could have had a little sympathy for her, and her perhaps her husband Byron as well, it would have added a layer of emotion to parts of the story. On the whole, a story worth rea ...more
Nancy Luebke
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this suspense romance about two romance writers getting together to write a book together. I received this book for free and I voluntarily chose to review it. I've given it a 4.5* rating. This is not for the under 18 readers. This book had a lot of heart in it, plus a lot of other things going on through it. There were a lot of good and bad guys, both male and female, with a couple in between. And this story made me hungry for Chocolate, chocolate chip waffles.
Jenna Smith
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I swear I read this book in one sitting. I loved it! I loved reading a book about an author, and two people co-authoring a romance novel. As usual, L.A. Long had me flipping through the pages until I finished the book and desperately wanted more!
Analia Almonte
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
This was my first book of the author. She don't disappoint me at all. I love the plot, the chemistry, the suspense,the tension of the story. Is one I will definitely recommend it. Is a story well written and definitely a good one to choose.
poppy
Oct 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
just loved this book a well written good book couldnt put it down recommended
Sydney
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great romance and suspense! Lenore is an interesting and entertaining character. This book is a perfect fast, fun read!
Marissa DeCuir
Aug 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hot cover with an even hotter story! Another Notch in the Beltway is a tense and fast-paced scandal of a story with an interesting cast of characters!
Chelsea
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This novel grips you and doesn't let go. I burned through it and let me tell you--it's hot, hot, hot! :)
Margaret
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Well written novel. Likeable main characters, despicable ex who also happens to be a senator and his psychotic family members. Steady pace, fairly predictable
chris