Start by marking “Fighting for Love (Boston Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fighting for Love (Boston Love, #2)

Fighting for Love (Boston Love #2)

4.45  ·  Rating details ·  853 Ratings  ·  199 Reviews
A larger-than-life firefighter inspires a career-driven woman to live in the moment—and trust in the power of love—in this flirty, emotional novel from the New York Times bestselling author of Searching for Harmony.

Finn Ward has two passions: being a firefighter and being single. Although his parents are constantly nagging him to settle down, Finn just wants to enjoy him
Published April 4th 2017 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Fighting for Love, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Lisa
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, for-review

4 Stars!

Fighting for Love is a contemporary romance by author Kelly Elliott and is book two in her Boston Love series. Despite the fact that this book is a second installment, it can easily be read as a stand-alone. I now have a few books by Ms. Elliott under my belt and I readily admit that I am a fan of her sweet and gushy tales of love and woe. There is just something about reading a low-angst romance that you can easily fall into and be swept away by all the love and happiness.

Finn Ward is a
Chris  Carroll
I just fell in love with this story!

This is the second book in the "Boston Love" series that I have read and reviewed, and it is soooo good! I just fell for Finn. He is a bad boy with a good heart and when he sees Rory, all bets are off. He doesn't even realize it! He is a huge romantic and it is so sweet to read!

Rory has a good heart and totally falls for Finn, but their love is shrouded by a big secret. One that will make their precious relationship very precarious.

The author wraps this story
Suze Lavender
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finn is a player. He's a good-looking firefighter and always gets a lot of attention from women. When he meets Rory at a union meeting he knows straight away that she's more important to him than every other woman he's ever been with. There's one problem though, Rory is his captain's daughter and Finn knows his boss doesn't particularly like him. That doesn't stop Finn from going after the woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with. Will they have a chance together?

Rory doesn't have much
Michelle
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it

Fighting for Love is the second book in the contemporary romance series, called Boston Love by Kelly Elliott. Each of the books can be read as standalones. Fighting For Love is my first book in the series, and I had no problem following and enjoying the story. If you like fun and relatively low drama romances, Fighting For Love is a great book for you to check out. I really liked this one, and I can't wait to read mo
Three Chicks
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review by Trinette Dungee

While the description of this book had me anxious to read it, when I actually started reading….I was pretty sure I wasn’t going to like it. I don’t know if it was because I didn’t right away like Finn or if it was because I had the feeling Rory was shaping up to be this highly successful career woman that was a mid-twenties virgin that was going to make me roll my eyes every five minutes. Whatever the case I had prepared myself to struggle with this book and I did strugg
Bette Hansen
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic story! This second book in the Boston Love series was simply wonderful. Finn Ward makes no apologies for his lifestyle. Hardworking firefighter, hard playing bachelor. No need to change as far as he could see. The fact that his new boss doesn't like his fun loving ways isn't his concern. Then he meets the lovely Rory Adams. She's a lawyer who represents the firefighters union. She's hardworking and doesn't have time for much of a personal life. Finn takes this as a challenge to get her ...more
April Symes
Kelly Elliott has done it again and delivered another fantastic romance book! Fighting for Love is a contemporary romance and is book two in her Boston Love series.
Finn Ward is a play-boy fire-fighter who does not really finding the right woman, in fact, one woman to settle down with in his near future. His brother may have found that happiness with the love of his life, but Finn hasn’t found that one special woman who can make him see beyond a few hours of fun. That all changes when Finn meets
Kate Farlow
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
descriptionY'all. This book.
5 Stars for Finn & Rory.
It's a given that I'll love just about everything Kelly Elliot writes. So, loving this book was about as easy as breathing. The way she writes her characters feels like talking to an old friend, and these two were no different. I really loved the pacing in this book—how REAL it felt.
This book will give you the swoons and the sighs. Fighting for Love is a sweet love story that has already made its way to my re-read pile. It's just that good.
Wendy
I read the first book in the series and I was glad to see there was more. This was a nice read. The story had me interested to see how it would all play out. Finn is a playboy firefighter and Rory is a lawyer who is solely focused on her job. When these two meet, there is an instant attraction. While Finn would love to get to know Rory more, Rory does her best to avoid him. There are some obstacles that would say this pairing is a bad idea but the chemistry can not be denied. I liked how Finn ch ...more
* A review copy was provided by the author/publisher via NetGalley for the Blog Tour *

~ 4.5 A Love Worth Fighting For Stars ~

I absolutely loved and adored Finn and Rory’s story. I was completely swept up in their love :)

Fighting For Love is the second book in Kelly Elliott’s Boston Love Series. These books are standalone novels with interconnecting characters. With this series I believe it is possible to read these books out of order, but it wouldn’t be my suggestion. We see a lot of Preston
Kathy
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given the opportunity to read the ARC of Fighting For Love in exchange for an honest review. Fighting for Love is book 2 in the A Boston Lover Series. I am a huge Kelly Elliott fan and book 1 of this series Searching for Harmony was one of my favorites. I always enjoy when Kelly writes outside of her normal country and who doesn't love a HOT Firefighter!?!?!?! Finn and Rory's story is steamy and beautiful. I think Kelly captured Finn and his love for firefighting perfectly and I love how h ...more
Amy
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars!!

“Finn Ward was my weakness. A desire burning so deep inside of me it was hard to ignore. He was the wrong I knew deep in my heart was my right.”

“I need your touch like the desert needs water.”

Fighting For Love is the second book in the Boston Love Series and follows the story of Finn and Rory. From the moment we meet Finn, he appears to be your typical single playboy. The only thing he loves more than being single is his job as a firefighter. Little did he know that whe
Eli Easton
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by Kelly Elliott, and it was seriously cute. There are some wonderful LOL lines and scenes in this book involving dogs and childbirth and general awkwardness. This is a mostly light and fun book, but the angst around Rory's parents and her sleezo work partner is genuinely hard and a bit heartbreaking. I liked that -- it gave the novel unexpected depth and extra "feels".

I read a lot of romance, and it's hard to find a book that feels really "fresh", but this one did. Rory
Zetti
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Finn Ward is enamoured with Rory Adams and Rory Adams is incredibly attracted to Finn Ward too. However, there are obstacles that get in their way. This book has many different facets involved but the main thing that I love about this book is the way that it focuses on a woman’s love for a man she knows she can’t have.

The forbidden element to this book makes my heart hurt and weigh heavily at time but this book touches my heart. Kelly has a way of making you feel and feel hard for these charact
Nancy Metsch
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Simply put this book was AH-MAZING!!!!
Every time I start a book by Kelly I wonder what kind of awesome am I going to find. As usual she didn't disappoint.
Rory and Finn's love story was beautiful. Plus it was set in Boston one of my very favorite places.
Rory Adams is such a spitfire when it comes to her work. It's all about work.
Finn Ward is a firefighter...Enough said
Fate always steps in, Rory and Finn meet at a union meeting. That's all I will say because it's a spoiler free review. But I
Jaymy M.
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
"Fighting for Love" is a hilarious read that grabs ya quick and doesn't let ya go until the end. Only read this book if you have time to invest in the whole story ... I couldn't put it down. Read it in one night.

Kelly Elliott's Boston firefighters are something else. They play hard and fast until THE one comes along. Then they fall even harder and dedicate themselves to that person more fiercely than to their first love... being firefighters.

And that Ward family! How can you not fall for them a
LA Spiez
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
As I sat down to write this review, I went through some of my past reviews for Kelly Elliot. She has written so many of my favorite book boyfriends its crazy. And I don't mean the kind of book boyfriends that you swear you'll love forever and then forget when the next boy comes along. I mean book boyfriends that I think about long after I've finished reading the book. Example number one Gunner Mathews. From the day I read that book, Gunner has had a tight hold on my heart. Then I met Lark Willia ...more
Tanya
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fighting For Love by Kelly Elliott is my favorite book this year. I fell in love with it right from the start. It has that impact moment where it draws you in for more until your locked in with your heart. I couldn’t stop reading it and I couldn’t stop. It felt like I was in the story myself. I was so committed to it. Kelly Elliott has this way about her words and storyline that make you fall in love over and over again. Fighting For Love was the book that you want your life to be like. It makes ...more
Amy
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finn is a sexy, playboy firefighter who falls head-over-heels for Rory, a gorgeous lawyer who also happens to be his Captain’s daughter. Knowing his Captain has some kind of serious grudge against him, Finn knows he has his work cut out for him. Rory has grown up with her dad constantly forbidding her to date a fireman, what are the chances that the one man to completely knock her off her feet not only happens to be a fireman, but one who works for her father!

Fighting for Love is a fun romance I
Monique
Mar 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Boston is a city I haven't been to yet, and this book has made my travel bug itchy, especially if I came across a firefighter like Finn! He has a lot of qualities we all love in our BBFs, loyalty and trust being right up there. He is someone you can depend upon and trust your life with. He even loves dogs! It is going to take one special woman to curve his player ways, and he feels that Rory is that woman, if only he could get a date with her.

Rory, is a lawyer working for her mother's firm, try
Tania's Book Blog
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I voluntarily read an advanced reader copy of this book.

Kelly Elliott did it again!! I love The Wards!! That family is amazing and the women those boys choose, ❤.

Rory meets Finn at a meeting for firefighters where she's an attorney and he works for her dad. They were attracted to each other immediately but Rory was afraid to go on a date with Finn because her das prohibited her from dating firefighters and also because he disliked Finn based on his reputation.

With all those warnings, Rory still
Becca
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rory's dad just asks one thing of her. DO NOT DATE A FIREMAN. But wouldn't you know it... the guy who has caught her eye just so happens to be a fireman and also in her father's unit. Oh yeah, and did I mention he's the firehouse manwhore too?

Finn Ward has never felt this way about anyone. When he catches the beautiful brunette's eye at the Firemen's Union Meeting, he has to find out who this woman is.

Once the two connect, sparks fly and neither seems to care what the her father has to say about
Tianna✸loves books✸
H is a firefighter. And the h is the daughter of his coach. Where the dad has seen the H fucking around with another woman (that is before the H and h meet) She is being forbidden by her dad not to date any firefighters. But both are attracted to each other. And so the chase, push and pull.
Everything was fine. But when the H is assigned to look after the station dog (because the dad wants to give him hell time) the h accidentally meets him and helps him. And believe me it's just there second mee
Callixta
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Un héros pompier, une héroïne avocate, un chien, pas mal de déboires… Kelly Elliott propose une histoire très fraîche et rigolote à qui il manque peut-être un peu d’émotion et des rebondissements plus crédibles. Mais si vous aimez les petites romances très légères qui mettent en scène des héros qui pourraient être vos voisins de palier, n’hésitez pas !

Finn est donc le playboy de sa caserne à Boston. Il séduit tout ce qui bouge et doit presque chasser les femmes à coup de bâtons. Mais un beau jou
Yamina -Women Who Stare at Books
*Arc kindly provided for an honest review*

A hot firefighter , a strong female lawyer ...
Finn and Rory are made for each other from the very beginning. But things get complicated when Finn never planned to settle down before meeting Rory

"Was I capable of falling in love and being with one woman only? "

and when family drama and secret start interfering with Rory's relationship and happiness.

"I’ll never forget the moment when our eyes first met across that room. The way it made me feel was so
Michele A.
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Finn and Rory meet and feel an instant connection. She is an attorney for the firefighter's union and her did is Finn's boss, the captain of the firehouse he works at. Rory has been an obedient daughter her whole life and her parents have plotted out her every move. Finn has a close family but his parents let him live his life. Neither one was looking for love or to settle down, but that's exactly what happens when they finally get to know each other. Rory works at her mother's law firm and it i ...more
Heather andrews
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked Rory I found her adorable, "...then I heard you moan and I thought you were sick, or worse yet that there was a girl in here, and I came in here and you were all spread-eagle on your bed.” I used my arms and spread them wide because for some stupid reason I felt like he needed a demonstration. “Then I saw your . . . your . . . you know.” I pointed at his ***k." I really loved this book, it had so much humor, and it wasn't hard to fall in love with Finn.
Coral
Aug 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Plot: 4/5 (simple but draggy)
Characterisation: 3/5
Prose: 3/5 (1st POV for both main leads)
How much I enjoyed it: 3/5
Ana
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story!!! Loved it. Totally recommended
Donna Sweeney
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kindly provided with an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.....

Kelly just writes the BEST story lines. I really can't fault to date any of her books. I have ATE them up !!!!

This was Finn (and if I am being honest when I read he was a fire fighter, that was it I just kept mentally imagining him standing against the backdrop of a burning building giving me a smoldering sexy smirk. Ah, I love my wandering mind sometime !!). Any how back to Kelly's brilliance.

This was Finn and Rory'

Kelly Elliott is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling contemporary romance author. Since finishing her bestselling Wanted series, Kelly continues to spread her wings while remaining true to her roots and giving readers stories rich with hot protective men, strong women and beautiful surroundings.

Her bestselling works include, Wanted, Broken, Without You, and Unconditional Love, to name just
More about Kelly Elliott

Boston Love (2 books)
  • Searching For Harmony (Boston Love #1)

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
  • P.S. from Paris
  • Love, Lucas
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
  • The Curiosity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Mariana
    $16.99 $2.99
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Heartbreakers (The Heartbreakers Chronicles, #1)
  • Before Goodbye
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Blood and Bone (Blood and Bone, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hot Shot (Hostile Operations Team, #5)
  • The Way Life Should Be: A Novel