Start by marking “I See You” as Want to Read:
I See You

I See You

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  50,558 ratings  ·  5,480 reviews
Zoe Walker führt ein komplett durchschnittliches Leben in einem Londoner Vorort: Sie ist geschieden, hat zwei Kinder und einen langweiligen Job. Eines Tages entdeckt sie auf dem sonst so ereignislosen Heimweg ein Foto von sich in der U-Bahn, daneben eine ihr unbekannte Telefonnummer. Bloß eine harmlose Verwechslung? Zoe ahnt, dass es hier um mehr gehen muss. Doch noch weiß ...more
Published February 21st 2017 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about I See You, please sign up.
Kira FlowerChild It is an author's responsibility to choose names that are easily distinguishable from one another, and an editor's job to make sure the author has…moreIt is an author's responsibility to choose names that are easily distinguishable from one another, and an editor's job to make sure the author has done his/her job. This situation should never have gotten all the way to the publication stage without being corrected. Unfortunately editing seems to be a lost skill these days. In addition to problems like this, I have read many, many books that are anywhere from 50 to 100 pages too long. If you're writing a memoir, take your time and describe the scenery if you want. If you're writing a mystery or thriller, evaluate each word, each sentence, each paragraph, and determine whether it moves the story forward or slows it down. If it slows it down, take it out!(less)

·  50,558 ratings  ·  5,480 reviews

Start your review of I See You
Melissa
Turns out, it might be harder to write a second novel than a debut. I’ve actually heard, quite a few times now, that second books can be a beast. Clare Mackintosh even takes the time to mention that in the acknowledgements of this book. I imagine it's even more so coming off of a debut as heart-pounding and impressive as I Let You Go. Naturally, that’s where my thoughts went—would Ms. Mackintosh be able to emulate the shock value and sheer brilliance of that masterpiece?

For me, I LET YOU GO was a
karen
Nov 05, 2016 rated it liked it
this is a fun thriller, but it requires the reader to accept its premise without questioning its logic, and to suspend disbelief like a mofo. if you can do that, you'll have a good time. if you cannot, this is not the book for you.

i can medium do it, so while i enjoyed reading this for the rush and the whodunnit of it all, there were just certain things i could not look past as a reader. it's one of those page-turnery books i loved at the time of reading, but it's forgettable and a little silly
Maureen
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
*Thank you to Netgalley and Little Brown Book Group for my ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review*

OMG! Towards the end of this book I felt as if I was standing on the edge of a precipice, my stomach chasing butterflies, and my heart beating fit to burst - but forgive me, I'm getting ahead of myself, because there's much more to come before then.

Nobody thinks too deeply about their daily commute to and from work by Tube, a bit mundane maybe, sometimes stressful, the
Elyse (retired from reviewing/semi hiatus) Walters
Clare Mackintosh wrote a 'timely' psychological grabber and crime chiller. In the near future, most people will live in a total surveillance state -- which for some people breeds fear of conformity and stifles free self expression.

This story clearly opens our eyes to the fact that we are living in a fishbowl.
Governments and large corporations have spread cameras, microphones and other tracking devices all across the globe, and they also have the capacity to store and process oceans of surveill
j e w e l s
Oh man. I am so bummed. This is not a good follow up to Clare Mackintosh's debut blockbuster, I LET YOU GO. I'm picky, but I loved that book. I even added it to my TWISTER HALL OF FAME shelf!

The problems with I SEE YOU:

First, I figured out the "twisty" ending VERY EARLY in the book. And I'm not usually known for that.

Second, the plot was ridiculously unbelievable. The entire story is built on a naive idea that stalkers would pay big money to join a website that would do the stalking/>The
sue
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
I was so mindful of reading this book. I have come across authors debut novels that have really made an impact on me then their subsequent book has fallen flat, so I opened this with trepidation, but I need not have feared because this author has a talent.

Yep, a real talent that just comes through this book immensely.

She has done it again, she has excelled herself in her writing ability to not just pull you into the book, oh no, you are 'shoved' into it with full force and eagerness, so much s
Norma * Traveling Sister * On hiatus due to health
When I first realized that this author had a new book out I quickly snapped it up as I absolutely loved her first novel I LET YOU GO and was totally shocked with that unforgettable major twist!  Although I have no intentions of comparing the two novels as they are completely different, this one just didn't work out as well for me.

I SEE YOU by CLARE MACKINTOSH is a good mystery/crime thriller that had me engaged, entertained, and interested enough throughout most of this book to keep
Carol
Guess who I am....... "I SEE YOU, but you DON'T see me."

In Clare Macintosh's new mystery-thriller, danger is always lurking around the corner, and 'someone' is always watching as fear overtakes Zoe Walker's everyday life.

With stalkers and thieves......rapists and murderers, bits of clues here and there kept me guessing and anxiously turning the pages to find the perpetrator of the deadly scheme; but then, at what should have been the most intense climatic moment of the whole story, the blow-by-blow (sadly) falls flat with an unconvincinglife.

Withme."

In
Esil
Feb 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
3+ stars. I can't bring myself to give I See You 4 stars. There were a few too many things that bugged me. But it's definitely a tad higher than a 3 star read. I See You starts with middle aged mother of young adults Zoe seeing a photo of herself in the dating service section of a newspaper. She ends up in contact with police officer Kelly. And the story unfolds from both their points of view. I can't say any more to avoid spoilers.

Some strengths:
-Near the beginning in a brief
Jules
I found this book really hard to put down, especially the second half, which I lived and breathed until the very last page. I’m sure this thriller made my heart stop beating, not once, but twice, having to briefly stop reading in order to catch my breath. I can feel my heart racing just thinking of a couple of specific moments within the book.

The short chapters written in italics throughout the story were rather creepy and gave me the heebie-jeebies.

It would be misleading
Linda
"If it's just the two of you. Just you, and whoever's behind you. Whoever is chasing you. How fast could you run then?"

Zoe Walker is a deep creature of habit. She leaves the house at the same time every day and boards the same train every day. She even pinpoints her favorite seats and standing positions while pinned together, elbow to elbow and leg to leg, ready to hit the opening door and escape the madness held within.

But something shocking catches her attention while p
*TANYA*
I wanted to be "WOWED" by this book, but unfortunately I wasn't. Good storyline, good writing yet it felt forced and a little stale.
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
3.5 It was a good thriller. Not the best but not the worst!
Sean Peters
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to Net Galley, the publishers and to Clare the author for an ARC copy for review.

Firstly, I loved Clare's first book a fantastic first novel, the second keeps to the same standard.

A powerful, chilling, gripping tense thriller that keeps you guessing all the way.

When Zoe Walker sees her photo in the classifieds section of a London newspaper, she is determined to find out why it's there. There's no explanation: just a website, a grainy image and a phon
Karen
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it
So this book wasn't great but kept me turning pages and entertained. When I got towards the part to reveal who was behind this mess, the reason just didn't seem realistic at all. This was good on showing police procedure, and I did really like Kelly, the woman cop.
Lola
Nov 25, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, adult
I would probably have liked ‘‘I See You’’ better if it were less of a commercialized novel.

Alright, so I know most books are written for some kind of gain – money – but not many actually feel that way.

It’s rare for me to even think in such terms. Obviously, I’m aware during the reading part if a novel/series was written for our entertaining alone or to convey a certain message.

So because I didn’t find ‘‘I See You’’ full of deeply explored themes, my mind goes immediately
Taryn
Routine is comforting to you. It’s familiar, reassuring. Routine makes you feel safe. Routine will kill you.

A new thriller from the author of the bestseller I Let You Go. What would you do if you discovered a photo of yourself being used to advertise a business that you'd never heard of? Zoe is flipping through the newspaper during her evening commute when she spots a photo of herself in the classifieds section. It's part of an ad for FindtheOne.com, a service she never signed up for. Zoe's family a
Dana Kenedy (Dana and the Books)
3.5/5 - This review can also be found on my blog, Dana and the Books

Who's the bad guy? That's the question on everyone's mind when flipping through thrillers. Sometimes, the answer is so painfully obvious it's embarrassing, and other times you're guessing until the final word. Thankfully, I See You fell into the latter. I was 100% convinced it was Person X and I don't think I've ever been happier to have been wrong.

I See You is a novel you can breeze through easily in an afternoon. The first chapter/>IThankfully,
Lindsay - Traveling Sister
3.5 stars. That final ending really took me by surprise! By far, it was the best part of the story and made me add another half star to my rating. In my opinion, this novel was not as good as the author's debut, 'I Let You Go'.

This book started off strong until about the halfway point when it started to get repetitive and lost its thrilling edge. The story focuses on the idea of being watched - not just a simple stalker situation, but an entire system of technology and surveillance w
Melisa
Here's the thing about this book: it is a very strong thriller on its own, however I had such high expectations after reading Mackintosh's I Let You Go, I can't begin to compare. I Let You Go ripped my heart out and stomped it into a million pieces. While still a great book, I did not get anywhere near that dramatic reaction from this one. So my rating is skewed a bit due to my personal experience.

Clare Mackintosh is an extremely talented writer, she has crafted a fast-paced, well-develop
Liz Barnsley
I See You was really really good – SO addictive, twisty turny excellence. If you read “I Let You Go” and loved it but worry that Ms Mackintosh won’t be able to repeat that level of book fun then stop worrying now. Read this. Although perhaps not just before setting off on a trip around the underground. Glancing suspiciously round at fellow travellers in case they are watching you just makes you in yourself look rather suspicious. This may become a whole thing…

So Zoe sees herself in a
Theresa
Nov 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
Thank you Berkley Publishing for sending me a free ARC of, "I See You" by Clare Mackintosh, in exchange for an honest review.

"I See You" is a psychological thriller about a woman (Zoe Walker) in her early 40's who sees her picture in a classified ad (for escorting services) in the back of a newspaper, during her commute home from work. Zoe is stunned and freaked out since she was no idea who or what placed the ad and used her picture without her knowledge. Zoe learns later on that other women w
Christine
‘I Let You Go’ was a huge success for new author Clare Mackintosh. It was truly excellent and highly original. I was expecting great things from her with ‘I See You’. There has been a lot of buzz about it all over the place…

The story itself is set in London, with the London Underground featuring prominently. We follow an average forty year old woman, a commuter living in London with her family. Think girl on an underground train. She finds what looks like HER picture, in the sleazy c
Kendall
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
4.5/5 for me. I do have to say I was definitely hesitant on reading this one.. considering how much I loved her debut novel. I was a little concerned since I kept seeing 2 and 3 stars from everyone on Goodreads for this one BUT I am SO glad that I decided to read this one!!

I really enjoyed this! I wouldn't say I liked her debut novel better this one is just a very different storyline and plot from her first one. They are both equally excellent but in different ways (if that makes sense haha).

C
Brenda
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Clare Mackintosh's debut, I Let You Go, and was eager to read this one. The premise is interesting. Someone set up a website describing women and their routines who used the trains on a regular basis. Men can purchase women's profiles and use them to "accidentally" meet to begin a relationship, or for other nefarious purposes. The women have no idea they are being targeted, followed, and stalked.

There were times I wanted to whack the main character, Zoe, upside the head. She
Book of Secrets
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clare Mackintosh’s debut novel I LET YOU GO was one of my favorite books last year, so I was excited to read her follow up. I SEE YOU is an intriguing blend of psychological thriller and police procedural told from different POVs in alternating chapters.

The story grabbed my attention right away. When Zoe sees her photo advertising a mysterious website, she is understandably concerned. Her concern turns to panic when she realizes other women whose photos have appeared in the same ad h
Mary
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-books
Dear reader,

You leave your house to go up work at exactly the same time each day, you sit on the same seat,in the same carriage,on the tube,walk the same path and arrive safely at your destination at the same time.

Such routine is rarely commented on,neither is the number of inconsequential people you pass by,each preoccupied with their own agenda. Hell bent on getting to your destination you notice nothing or no one.

And if someone 'accidentally' bumped into you on any given day,str
Megan Johnson
I loved Clare Mackintosh's first book and for some reason, two books later I hadn't picked up another. I have no good reason and at this point, I'm kicking myself over it because this one was really great.

To me, what stands out about this book was the premise - there's a website that lists women's routes...now, what someone does with knowledge of where someone will be + when is entirely up to them. When these women begin to show up as victims of violent crimes, who's at fault?

It took me a litt
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
****4 STARS****

Find this review and more at www.prettymessreading.com

I did it and I loved it!

I'm am establishing a HUGE liking for suspense novels!

Why have I been denying myself the satisfaction of stories such as I See You.

I See You made me think really hard about the society that we live in and how our images are out there for the world to see and still. People become obsessed others and track them via the internet or in person. Quite scary when you think about it. I See You makes
Lori
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Mackintosh's debut novel 'I Let You Go'and was thrilled to receive a copy of her newest novel. Though it was just as addicting the 'reveal' was not as climatic for me. Still very good. There were several loose ends left hanging, so I'm optimistic that Mackintosh will visit these characters again. I will continue to highly recommend these novels for a quick satisfying suspense/thriller. 4 stars.

• Five Days: Which Days Would You Choose?
  • Freeway Rick Ross: The Untold Autobiography
  • Quiver
  • The Day the President Was Shot: The Secret Service, the FBI, a Would-Be Killer, and the Attempted Assassination of Ronald Reagan (The Last Days Series)
  • Stop & Frisk
  • The Last Disciple
  • Consequential President
  • Knottspeed
  • The Stars' Fault
  • Holding Breath: A Memoir of AIDS' Wildfire Days
  • True Stories from the Files of the FBI
  • Vita spår (Jana Berzelius, #2)
  • Pizza Delivery
  • Lina and Serge: The Love and Wars of Lina Prokofiev
  • The Intimate Sex Lives of Famous People
  • Call Me Crazy: A Memoir
  • The Doll's House (Helen Grace, #3)
  • SEVEN-X
Clare Mackintosh spent twelve years in the police force, including time on CID, and as a public order commander. She left the police in 2011 to work as a freelance journalist and social media consultant now writes full time. She lives in North Wales with her husband and their three children.

Clare's debut novel, I Let You Go, is a Sunday Times bestseller and was the fastest-selling titl
“How fast can you run?

When you really have to?

In heels and a work skirt, with your bag banging against your side: how fast?

When you’re late for your train and you have to get home, and you race down the platform with seconds to spare: how fast can you run?

What if it isn’t a train you’re running for, but your life?

If you’re late home from work, and there’s no one in sight. If you haven’t charged your phone and no one knows where you are. If the footsteps behind you are getting closer, and you know, because you do it every day, that you’re on your own; that between the platform and the exit you won’t see another soul.

If there’s breath on your neck, and the panic is rising, and it’s dark, and cold, and wet.

If it’s just the two of you.

Just you, and whoever’s behind you.

Whoever is chasing you.

How fast could you run then?

It doesn’t matter how fast.

Because there’s always someone who can run faster.”
8 likes
“I let his words fall around me like music; not understanding every line but enjoying the sound they make.” 2 likes