Start by marking “Managing with Aloha (Second Edition)” as Want to Read:
Managing with Aloha (Second Edition)

Managing with Aloha (Second Edition)

When Managing with Aloha was initially published, veteran executive Rosa Say offered the world a fresh look at values-centered business. She proposed that the value aligned practices of Aloha-inspired management would challenge the integrity and effectiveness of managers everywhere.

The ambitious, yet universally appealing and compelling movement Say fostered continues wit
Paperback, 2nd Edition, 308 pages
Published July 10th 2016 by Ho'ohana Publishing (first published November 19th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Managing with Aloha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Managing with Aloha

Start your review of Managing with Aloha (Second Edition)
Kendra
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a must-read for anyone in a leadership position. This book doesn't try to tell you how to be a leader. It helps guide you to capturing the essence of what a leader is. I take slight issue with the use of the terms "manager" and "managing" because I think there is a clear distinction between a "manager" and a "leader," but this book applies to both. Semantics aside, Rosa encourages you to look within and pause to reflect on your actions and values and how you exhibit the values descr ...more
Kathleen Steward
Apr 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business, travel
Rosa say is the manager I wish I could have! I'm not a people manager myself, but I aspire to be one eventually. She writes with empathy and inspiration. Everyone comes with their own lives outside of work, their own dreams and motivations, and their own special gifts. She encourages the reader to know oneself and live intentionally, "Once you make those key choices in values, relationships, and intentional work...they bring extraordinary meaning and satisfaction to your life."
The book is a very
Bonnie Irwin
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
One of the better books on managing people I have read. It reminds me of the work of Stephen Covey and Parker Palmer, inviting the reader to bring her authentic self to the workplace and to management. For people working in Hawai'i, it will . be especially useful, but, as Say herself points out, the basic ideas are quite universal. Readable, practical, down-to-earth.
Linda Marie
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Since 2004, Managing with Aloha has significantly impacted both my professional and personal life. Next to Steven R. Covey’s monumental work, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Rosa’s book remains the second most influential piece of leadership literature that I consistently consult with for my own decision making processes, professional development and quest to assist other leaders on their management journey. Like Covey’s work, Rosa’s teachings have a place of honor in my office to remin ...more
Jordan Odo
Sep 15, 2019
Nicole
Sep 20, 2018
Ahonui
Oct 10, 2019
藤澤稜香
rated it did not like it
Dec 21, 2018
Rosa
Jul 18, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jumping Chen
Filemoni Fanuaea
Nov 05, 2019
C S
Dec 27, 2019

• The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing
  • Death of a Messenger (Koa Kāne Hawaiian Mystery #1)
  • Wild Card (Stone Barrington, #49)
  • City of Darkness and Light (Molly Murphy, #13)
  • Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone
  • Skin Game (Teddy Fay, #3)
  • 26 Marathons: What I've Learned About Faith, Identity, Running, and Life From Each Marathon I've Run
  • Black Flags: The Rise of ISIS
  • Field of Bones (Joanna Brady, #18)
  • Clutter Free
  • To a Child Love Is Spelled Time: What a Child Really Needs from You
  • Thrive: Finding Happiness the Blue Zones Way
  • Hilo Legends
  • How To Start A Conversation And Make Friends
  • The Things You Can See Only When You Slow Down: Guidance on the Path to Mindfulness from a Spiritual Leader
  • From Scratch: A Memoir of Love, Sicily, and Finding Home
  • Leap of Faith: Memoirs of an Unexpected Life
  • Small Fry: A Memoir
Author of Managing with Aloha, Bringing Hawai‘i’s Universal Values to the Art of Business

News & Interviews