Start by marking “Are We Still Friends?” as Want to Read:
Are We Still Friends?

Are We Still Friends?

Beatrice and Abel are the finest of friends. Beatrice raises bees. Abel grows apples. In summer, they gather sticky, sweet honey together, and in fall, they harvest ripe, red fruit. They make a perfect pair in every season, and so do the bees and the trees.

Until one spring morning, Abel startles a bee--ZING!--and gets stung. "WHEE HEE HEE!" he cries. But Beatrice hears
Published February 28th 2017 by Scholastic Press (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Are We Still Friends?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Are We Still Friends?

Start your review of Are We Still Friends?
Brittany
3 Stars!!

Bea and Able are neighbors and have been best friends forever. They share everything and look out for one another, until one day- a chain of events leaves them at a crossroads in their friendship. Will they ever get back to the way things used to be?

Are we still friends is a great example on learning communication. I think there is an important lesson for young ones to learn while reading this book. I thought it was a fun and creative book with beautiful illustrations. One in which,
La Coccinelle
Nov 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Are We Still Friends? is a simple story about a misunderstanding between Beatrice and Abel, a bear and a mouse. After their fight escalates, they both realize what's truly important and end up apologizing.

I wasn't that enamoured with this book, though I can't quite put my finger on why. Maybe it's the overly simple story; it lacks nuance, and the resolution is a little too quick and pat. Or maybe the illustrations didn't capture my imagination. I like how Beatrice and Abel raise bees and apples,
Angelina
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 stars.
Latanya (Crafty Scribbles)
May 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
A cute story about two friends, a misunderstanding, and their problem resolution.
Barbara
Beatrice and Abel are the best of friends, and spend their days gathering honey and harvesting apples. After all, Beatrice raises bees, and Abel has an apple orchard. It's a friendship made in Heaven since the bees and the fruit are dependent on one another. But even the best of friends can have a falling out, and one day Abel is stung by a bee. Thinking he is laughing about something, Beatrice mimics his reaction, and one thing leads to another, and the two exchange insults. A small war ensues ...more
Rell
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: brichell-library
My daughter loved this book. It’s about two friends, Beatrice and Abel, the best of friends that had a complete misunderstanding, and instead of talking about it they jumped to conclusions, became angry and started to act out.

I think some of the words in the book went over her head but they did give the opportunity for me to teach her some added vocabulary. She’s 7 and was able to point out the adjectives and said the author used a lot of them lol. Overall it’s a cute little book. I would’ve
Tori
May 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-books
This is a cute book about friendship almost as an ecosystem - something that balances and requires check-ins and repair. I think there could have been a little more done to emphasize how the characters decided to come back together and apologize, but the concept is one that's helpful for kids regardless.
Valerie Doherty
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Children's picture book- Cute characters and illustrations. Themes of friendships, cooperation, and the power of apology to sustain relationships are threaded throughout the text without sounding overly preachy or righteous. It's not always easy to pull off those moral lessons in text. Well done, Ruth Horowitz.
Tipton/DeSanto #CLASSROOMBOOKADAY
Emily
Nice story about how easy it is for miscommunication to cause a fight. Two friends always help one another, one day they get into a fight. This is how Abe and Beatrice fight and make up.
Christine Meunier
A cute story about friends who help each other through the seasons of the year.
Casandria
Mar 24, 2017 rated it liked it
2 friends who enjoy each other's company and help have their friendship tested through a misunderstanding.
Curatorium .
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fun tale of two great friends children will enjoy reading. The story moral is present but not overwhelming. Readers will enjoy empathizing with the friends’ quarrels.
Cara Byrne
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
While the book has a good message about forgiveness and friendship, the story is very text-heavy and lost my preschooler's attention. Part of the PJ Library collection.
Sharie
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rdg-level-pic
Misunderstandings can really get in the way of friendship.
Lauren
Mar 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Such sweet illustrations. I love the bees! A book about how to say "I'm sorry" to a dear friend.
Brenda Kahn
A humorous story of misunderstanding between friends, sweetly illustrated.
Debbie Tanner
This is a really nice story about two friends who work together until one day they overhear the other talking and their feelings get hurt. This would be a nice one to use with the lower grade students about positive intent and apologizing.
Lisa D
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Cute book about friendship
MaryLibrarianOH
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
BEA and Abel are neighbors who help each other harvest their goods. Misunderstandings breeds discontentment but Horowitz shows friendships can survive if you can listen and forgive.
Danielle
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A wonderfully cozy book about a cozy friendship that hits a rough patch and then repairs.
Sara Grochowski
Love the illustrations in this one! Not a huge fan of the name-calling the characters engage in, but that's just a personal preference.
Liz Todd

• Not a Box
  • A Letter for Leo
  • Alphaprints: Colors
  • Who Done It?
  • One Leaf, Two Leaves, Count with Me!
  • High Five
I have worked as a librarian in a Catholic girls’ high school, raised two children, run for public office, taught Torah at a Hebrew school and served the causes of truth and grammar as a contributing editor at Vermont’s alternative weekly newspaper, Seven Days. I grew up in Montclair, New Jersey, and also spent part of my childhood in Paris. Since then I’ve lived in Los Angeles and Burlington, ...more