Start by marking “A Fabrication of the Truth” as Want to Read:
A Fabrication of the Truth

A Fabrication of the Truth

The last time Lexie Stein saw Dalton Reyes he lay in a pool of blood, hovering somewhere between life and death. Now, five years later, he’s the new guy in her high school.

Published September 20th 2016

To ask other readers questions about A Fabrication of the Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Fabrication of the Truth

Start your review of A Fabrication of the Truth
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
Actual rating: hovering between 2 stars to 3 stars

A Fabrication of the Truth started out with a welcoming note. The protagonist Lexie is a pathological liar. She has flair for dramatics, and she has a habit of telling web of stories built on a lie. Which makes my ears perked up, I find that interesting.

I like the pacing and the beginning. However, I find the climax so disappointing. The book started dragging halfway through. I don’t like how Dalton’s illness become the driving point of the plot
Kat Bee
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Stayed up half the night last night to finish this book. It was that intense that I couldn't put it down. It delivers everything that you'd want or expect from young adult literature: heart-stopping romance (almost literally as you'll find out), intense conflict and a relationship that you can cheer for. It's tender. It's funny. It's sad at times. And it's never boring. ...more
Christine
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: asian-character, arc
A promising YA debut with a part-Asian male lead - I gave this 4 stars alone for the cover and a big thumbs up for the fact that Dalton's Filipino ethnicity was not made a huge melodramatic plot point. Instead, this is about Lexie who has created a web of lies to hide her painful past which once included Dalton. Because Lexie is such a consummate and chronic liar, she now has difficulty making real decisions and facing the truth when confronted by Dalton who just wants to love her. While I wasn' ...more
Vera Burris
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story offers unique features, such as a real understanding of an Asian character, made desirable and heroic; the troubled heroine who uses her wits to protect herself from her past; the unending complications of an accident that other writers might have over-simplified; love and attraction that defies distance, family determination, and growing up.
Yes, the Romeo and Juliet elements are there but in my own humble opinion, Lexie's and Dalton's circumstances are far more engrossing than what S
Esther Haddie's Haven
DISCLAIMER: I received a copy of this book in exchange for honest review.

Fibs become lies. Lies eventually eat away at you. There are also times when you have to live day by day, and like you may not have a tomorrow. Katie Kelski helps enlighten this topic, in this book. I am at a true loss for words right now. I literally just finished reading this book. And I feel like I have so much I could say, but the words not coming out.

My Rating: 5 of 5 Stars.
This book became an automatic 5 Star read
Laura (midorireads)
Oct 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arcs
I so badly wanted to love this book more than I did, and though I did enjoy it well enough, I couldn't help but find faults with it.

A Fabrication of the Truth is about sixteen year old Lexie Stein, a teen who loves to embellish truths, and is one day surprised to see one day at school, her next-door neighbor's grandson, Dalton Reyes, since the last time she'd seen him was five years before, lying in a pool of blood.
Lexie, remembering that horrible day, would rather keep distance between herself
M. Hollis
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley, 2016reads
This book was just not for me.

I was tricked in the beginning, thinking this would be more of an intense dark story. I didn't expect things to just go full on melodramatic as it was in the ending. This is pretty much all about romance, there wasn't any kind of plot besides the two protagonists dancing around each other. I thought we'd see something about Lexie dealing with her lying problem, or discussing what her father did and their non-existent relationship.

The writing also didn't help here. T
Melinda Howard
*This book was received via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

This book had a good premise but unfortunately it failed to deliver. The author very early on reveals a vague outline of the events of the day that changed Lexie's life, ruining the mystery that surrounded it. That day was then described many times throughout the book and soon got repetitive and dry. If the author had kept the events of the day a mystery for longer this book would have been more intriguing and interesting to
Erika
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I don’t think I’ve ever read a book where the cover so perfectly captured how I imagined the love interests would look and act with one another. That utter contentment on Lexie’s face, the hopeful but guarded quality to Dalton’s expression, that is A Fabrication of the Truth, and I thoroughly enjoyed this novel.

The author has acknowledged the Romeo and Juliet aspect to the story, and it’s definitely there, in the insta-love eleven-year-old Dalton feels for young Lexie, the way the two obsess ove
Grace Prince
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A love story with all the feels of an epic star crossed lovers romance. This was my second time reading "A Fabrication of the Truth," and it was even better the second time around! Better because I already loved Dalton and couldn't wait to read him into my world again, and better because all good books only get superior with each new read. I can't wait to buy the paperback copy and keep it bedside <3 ...more
Cecelia Earl
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a debut author I'm excited to read more from. Her characters are unique, yet real, and their dialogue is romantic and memorable. Kaleski writes the kind of sentences that make your heart skip a beat after you read them. I saved several quotes while reading through the pages, unable to stop until I reached the final one. In love with Dalton. Man, the opening pages. I may have to read this whole thing again. ...more
Sarah E.
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was gifted an ebook copy via Netgalley.
Actual rating: 2.5 stars
This story follows 16 year old Lexie Stein, who has spent most of her life fabricating lies about her life to hide what has really happened. Then comes along Dalton Reyes who she last saw in a puddle of his own blood. He is the only person who knows what her life is/was actually like.

That's about all I can give without getting into spoilers. I almost put this book down a few times because of the insane amount of teenage lust/instal
Noel
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Secrets and Lies.

I honestly really enjoyed this story a lot, and I adored the characters and the mystery behind the main two characters.
Seeing them come out of their shells and opening up to one another was honestly exciting. There was so much emotion and love in this story, no matter how forbidden everything was.

The only thing I had a problem I had, was the sentences would just drop off and I wouldn't get the whole feel of everything, I was left guessing what people said, or what Lexie was thin
Brandie Breaux
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I had a hard time getting through this story, but I think it's because I didn't feel a connection with Lexie. She intrigued me, but I wanted to know more about her and her compulsion to lie. I liked Dalton as the Hero in this story and was not disappointed by his character. This story touches on issues in life that a lot of people believe to be too hard to discuss, which I think is amazing. This was a good story with a great telling on how life's struggles can be difficult. Good debut novel. ...more
Julie
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lexie is a girl who hides behind lies as she doesn’t want people to know the truth about her parents. Dalton is a boy who hides behind secrets. But what is he not letting on?

A moving story that had me reaching for the tissues. The characters are well developed, including the minor ones like Caroline.

I would love for a sequel to know what happens between Lexie and Dalton, as well exploring the relationship with her dad.

Highly recommend this book. Just have the tissues ready.
Christina
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Young adult romance with heart, drama, and a lot of lies…

Lexie is a compulsive liar and has constructed a wall of secrets and lies so thick that not even her best friends at school can pierce. However, when Dalton Reyes, the boy she last saw dying in a pool of blood aged eleven, suddenly walks back into her life, she has a choice to make: Dalton or her beautifully fabricated life?

The pace was sharp and the book drew me in from the start. The characterisation was strong, with believable character
Kendra - Kendra Loves Books
Full Review at http://kendralovesbooks.blogspot.com/...

This is about a girl named Lexie, who is a chronic lair. She met a boy named Dalton when she was eleven. One day while they were hanging out at Lexie's house a tragic event occurs and ever since then Lexie lies about everything. Then five years later she sees Dalton for the first time again at her school in the hallway. They immediately have a bond with each other. Through out the book Lexie learns to start telling the real truth to her frie
Elizabeth Mathis

What happened between then and now is a mystery Lexie is afraid to explore. Just one lie uncovered from her past can cause the house of cards she’s so carefully constructed to come crashing down around her. And Dalton is the key to that past.

She doesn’t need her grandmother’s warnings to convince her that Dalton means trouble.
books are love
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
So first the reason I think this is older YA- it covers some heavy topics and is really sad but happy book. there really is no happy ending I mean it ends on a high note but given the circumstances of Dalton it’s a short happy ever after. You are left hoping and praying for Dalton. I mean after all he has gone through and is going through now and in the future and how sweet and kind he is you just can do nothing but hope for him to get a happy life. You want this guy to have nothing but happines ...more
A. Musquiz
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars. I was sent an e-copy in exchange for an honest review.

I didn't expect to like the book as much as I actually did and part of that came from the characters themselves. I thought Lexie was pretty closed-off from a lot of people and never hesitated to hold people at a distance for fear that they might leave her. She had a lot of trust issues because of her parents and found it hard to tell anyone including her friends anything true about her. She was a habitual liar, even acknowledging
zoë ❅ (fallxnrobin)
Simply put: This book wasn't for me. There was too much drama, barely any likeable characters (really stuck to the whole “it's us against the world” thing), and I had a totally different set of expectations for this book so I was utterly disappointed.

2 stars

Lexie and Dalton were okay characters. Interesting, but okay characters.

Lexie is what you'll call, a serial liar. She spins lies about almost everything and anything ― from her family tree, to what she does in her free time and where her clot
Whoo Gives A Hoot
*This is not your typical review and I advise you to read with caution!

* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
I generously received an ARC from YABound Book Tours in exchange for an honest review...

Wow! Words cannot describe how much I absolutely adored this book, but I am going to try to, so bear with me.

These past several weeks have been quite chaotic due to my younger sister’s mental health issues. Since the age of fifteen she has suffered immensely with her mental health a
Stacy Sabala
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, romance
Book Review-A Fabrication of the Truth by Katie Kaleski
Lexie lives with her grandmother. Her mother left and her father is in prison. Lexie hates her reality. She has become a habitual liar to hide who she really is.
The worst day for her life happened five years ago when her father was arrested. She witnessed so much horrific things in those few moments. Dalton had come to visit that day. He was hurt as she watched. She hasn’t seen him since but thinks about him everyday.
One day she comes face t
Jenna
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I want to thank the author for providing me with a copy of this book.

The last time Lexie Stein saw Dalton Reyes he lay in a pool of blood, hovering somewhere between life and death. Now, five years later, he's the new guy in her high school. So with this premise I couldn’t wait to start reading this book.

The book was disappointing and the writing was not pulling me in like I wanted to. I expected a different kind of story full with angst and all that, what I got was a whiny teen girl that was i
Sharon
I was given the opportunity to read an electronic copy of A Fabrication of the Truth via NetGalley. This is my honest opinion of the book.

Lexie Stein comes face to face with a boy from her past. It has been five years since she has seen Dalton Reyes, but here he is, a new student in her high school. The grandson of her neighbor, Dalton has history with Lexie that they would both rather not share with others. When her grandmother asks her to stay away from Dalton, will Lexie be able to acquiesce?
C Exley Books (Cassandra)
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2016
I was lucky to be part of the A Fabrication of the Truth cover reveal last month. I got a ARC copy to read and do an honest review.

The last time Lexie Stein saw Dalton Reyes he was lying in a pool of blood somewhere between life and death, now five years later he is the new guy in her high school.

Lexie and Dalton are star-crossed lovers who at times seem to have the entire universe conspiring against them.

Just one lie uncovered from Lexie’s past can cause the house of cards she’s so carefully co
Amber Ballard
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Amanda
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I recieved a free copy of this book from netgalley in exchange for an hanest review.

I enjoyed this book. It did take me awhile to read because of life events. It took me a little while to get back into it. this was a fast read (when actually reading it). Lexie makes up lies to protect people from knowing about her childhood. Then one day the new boy at school smiles at her. He's from her past and can singlehandedly undo all her lies. This book is a modern day Romeo and Juliet.
Sue Holmes
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
*Review copy received from publisher*
This could have been good. The characters had huge potential as did the plot. I was hoping for a famously tingling anticipation and a dark, tangled storyline.
It started off well with a chronic liar and a hint of a dark shady event. I would have liked to be kept in suspense longer, the revelation of the past was a shock, but that wore off quickly and the story rapidly deteriorated to become trite and cliché while relying on astounding coincidences.
readswithsam
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
I recieved a copy of this book from Netgalley and Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.
Sadly I did not finish this book. I made it to chapter six before I stopped because I wasn't interested. I liked the plot, the character just didn't work for me.
Read my full review on my blog! https://readingwithsam.wordpress.com/...

• Better With You (Bragan University, #1)
  • Not the End (Not Alone Novellas, #1)
Katie Kaleski has started down many career paths and held many jobs—indie craft store clerk, pizza maker, photo developer, shoe salesperson and cashier, dental assistant in the army, daycare teacher, student teacher—but her favorite one by far is being a writer.

She’s originally from Chicago, so she says things like pop, gym shoes, and front room. Her favorite food group is sugar, and she loves wri