Start by marking “The Truth About Happily Ever After” as Want to Read:
The Truth About Happily Ever After

The Truth About Happily Ever After

Chin up, Princess, or the crown will slip.

A theme park princess must put her life back together after her happily ever after falls apart in this contemporary YA romance from Karole Cozzo, author of How to Keep Rolling After a Fall and How to Say I Love You Out Loud.

Everything was supposed to be perfect. Alyssa has a job she loves, working as Cinderella at her favorite them
Published May 16th 2017 by Swoon Reads

Start your review of The Truth About Happily Ever After
Jaime Arkin
If you follow my reviews, you know that I loved Karole Cozzo’s first two books… a lot. She’s quickly become an auto-buy author for me for so many reasons! Her books have so much depth and emotion and of course she never forgets the swoons! That said, I always stress when I pick up a favorite author’s new book because OMG what if this is the one book that doesn’t work for me? Thankfully that is definitely not the case here. I started this book thinking I’d read a couple chapters before bed and be ...more
mith
you can read this review on my blog as well as two others!

This one started off so cute! I loved Alyssa and that she took being a theme park princess so seriously. I thought she was nice and sweet. She never came off as a snob, thinking she was better than other people. She was a genuinely nice person and willing to help others and do the right thing!

I also liked the romance--sort of. It's complicated. See, Alyssa had this long-distance boyfriend who was coming to visit her and she was over the m
The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
Full Review on The Candid Cover

4.5 Stars

The Truth About Happily Ever After is a rollercoaster of emotions. Set in a theme park, this book is about proving yourself and overcoming difficulties. The main character is so likeable and realistic, but also so strong. For those that have ever wondered what it might be like to work at Disneyland, this book outlines both the good and the bad.

This book is so adorable! Alyssa’s summer isn’t going as well as she hoped, and she is going through a rough time
Mandy
Release Date: May 16, 2017

DNF @ 11%

*e-ARC was provided by the publisher via Netgalley - thanks so much to Swoon Reads for sending me a copy although it's probably the last one you will ever send me, lol. XD But thanks so much!!*

*All quotes that are used are from an unfinished copy*

Warning: Book Rant Ahead (triggering topic such as eating disorders will be discussed) - I actually used to be a fan of book rants. One of my best friends and I would scour through Goodreads, hunting down book rants of
Celeste_pewter
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm a big fan of stories that take place during the summer at amusement parks - they just feel more magical somehow - so I was stoked to read The Truth About Happily Ever After.

Karole Cozzo introduces us to Alyssa, a peppy, cheerful sorority girl who loves working as a Cinderella at her favorite theme park. She's convinced she's on the path to happily ever after, until her boyfriend dumps her for someone else. Alyssa is challenged to reexamine everything as a result...

The Truth About Happily E
Samantha (WLABB)
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, contemporary, na, romance
Alyssa was so excited to be returning to Enchanted Dominion to reprise her role as Cinderella. Not only would she be working in one of her favorite places, but she would be reunited with her long distance boyfriend, Jake. Now, she could get started on making her happily ever after a reality. But, her mirth quickly fades, as the cracks in her and Jake's relationship grow bigger and bigger, until it all crumbles. Down and Out, Alyssa must come to terms with what she thought was true and the realit ...more
Nicole M. Hewitt
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This review and many more can be found on my blog: Feed Your Fiction Addiction

Once again, Cozzo gives us a realistically romantic story of fairy tale proportions.

What Fed My Addiction:

Fairy tale setting.
The book takes place at a Disneyesque theme park and it was really fun to read about the job and how the people who work there as characters feel about it all. I don't know if Cozzo has any sort of firsthand knowledge of working in this sort of environment, but I felt like her portrayal of it se
Kay
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Alyssa, who plays Cinderella at Enchanted Dominion, met her Prince Charming Jake, when he put her retrieved flip flop back on her foot, and has been living the fairy tale life ever since. Or at least she was last summer. This summer, everything in her fairy tale is different.

Alyssa spent an entire year looking forwards to spending summer with her boyfriend, Jake, who also works at Enchanted Domain. But when he finally shows up, something feels off. They can't recover their perfect dynamic from l
Grace {Rebel Mommy Book Blog}
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This review was originally posted on Rebel Mommy Book Blog

Alyssa at first comes off as a stereotypical sorority girl obsessed with getting her prince charming and happily ever after but we do see there is more to her. She so loves her job at the theme park where she dresses up as Cinderella. I thought her dedication to her job was adorable. She really wanted the kids and families to have an enchanted time and she did everything she could to do that. Her concern with her weight and appearance was
Diana
Jul 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: discarded-shelf
Nope. Not for me. Maybe too little? too romance-y? too sugary? or simply not my style.
Mehsi
Princesses, happily ever afters, heartbreak, friendship, and more!

So, my plan yesterday was to stop reading at 63% and then go to bed. That 63% turned to 73%, and then eventually I just read all of the book. It was just that good and I just had to finish it.

I have to say at first I was worried about that last part of the blurb, but it turns out I didn't have to worry. It was just perfection.

Alyssa was my BFF in this one, she was just an incredible girl with big hopes and dreams. I loved her fro
Kimberly Karalius
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-favorites
As a theme park enthusiast and Disney World junkie (hooray, annual passes!), I had to get my hands on Karole Cozzo’s newest novel, THE TRUTH ABOUT HAPPILY EVER AFTER. The setting of her book is a theme park called Enchanted Dominion, and the main character is Alyssa, who plays Cinderella as a character actor in the park. I love how Karole spins the princesses she chooses to feature in the park, alluding to their original fairy tale origins. I mean, I geeked out when I saw that two of the charact ...more
Laura (midorireads)
May 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arcs
Pure fluff that involves a princess who simply wants her happy ever after...
--------------------------
Synopsis from publisher:

Chin up, Princess, or the crown will slip.

Catherine Tinker
I need this so bad. The premise reminds me a bit of Dream Factory and I'm a total sucker for theme park books.

eta: 5/28/2017: having now read this, it was like Dream Factory and Legally Blonde had a baby and that baby was this book
Lydia Albano
perfect summer read for my many bus rides; now I desperately want to go to Disney again! I love the world of fairy tales, princesses, tiaras, and happily ever afters, all while dismissing stereotypes about what that has to look like. also HOLY WOW this is the prettiest book on earth. 4.5 stars! (and only because Alyssa and I are basically pole opposites so it took me a little while to warm up to her.)
Trianna/Treereads
Apr 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
I would have given this two stars, it was light and cute (and totally predictable), but I found a consistency error which really irritated me.
Kate (beautifulbookland)
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Predictable and cheesy but I still loved it
[michele]
Jun 04, 2017 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF. Skimmed ahead and it turns out that the jerk boyfriend is not the H. Apparently the H is one of her (male) friends, who I honestly thought was gay. So yeah anyway I'm done.
Mavis Ros
Tsk. Please don’t give away that much when it comes to making summaries. I find it a bit annoying that I find this story pretty much predictable.

It takes away my excitement in finishing the book even further. Now that I realise that I don’t even need to continue throughout just because of some spoilers hinted.
laurel [suspected bibliophile]
Ever had one of those relationships where you think everything’s great, everything is right on track, you love them and they love you back? Sure, they might be a little distant at times, but in your head you’ve constructed a happily ever after. Then bam. Prince Charming breaks up with you and you realize that he was never in to you quite as much as you were in to him.

Such is life for preternaturally happy Alyssa, who’s working at her favorite theme park playing her favorite princess, Cinderella.
Katy Upperman
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
I've loved all of my Swoon Sister Karole's books, but this one is definitely my new favorite. The Truth About Happily Ever After is everything I wanted it to be -- fantastic writing, layered characters who are so easy to root for, and super swoony romance. Protagonist Alyssa is relatably flawed and instantly likable, and I've got a new favorite Book Boy in Miller. This NA novel takes place at Enchanted Dominion, a stand-in for Disney World (my favorite!). Alyssa and her friends are character act ...more
Spencer
4 to 4.5 stars

Everything was so adorable! Alyssa was excited to spend the summer with her boyfriend (view spoiler) That doesn't go exactly as planned for her. However, she still gets the magical summer that she dreamed of.

Miller is the sweet and charming best friend (view spoiler)
Kaitie
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reread, but I loooooooooove it! It's just so cute and exactly how I wanted to end my year!
Jules.Bookverse
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, review
This book has been so damn good in all the possible ways. First I was a bit confused when I read "The End" at the start of Part 1 but later on, it made total sense. Alyssa is such a great character that grows throughout the story and surprises others and herself by such depth in her that she kept hidden to everyone around her. I enjoyed seeing her princess high as much as ripping it all apart to see her bare and sensitive self. She is strong and more than people might see in her. I especially lo ...more
V.E.
Rating: 3.5 stars

Alyssa is a theme park princess who is on the path to her own happily ever after. A perfect boyfriend, a delightful job, and a group of wonderful friends. What could go wrong? Unfortunately everything that could go wrong does and she is faced with wondering if all the perfection and expectations are worth it. This book is a charming tale about the meaning of true love and friendship.

What I liked:

I have always wondered what it would be like to work as a Disney Princess at one o
Amanda
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like to read books that are set in amusement parks. This was an enjoyable one that was fun and cute. Alyssa works as Cinderella at her favorite theme park every summer and she is excited to be back there again and that her boyfriend Jake will be in town for the summer as well. As the summer progresses Alyssa and Jakes relationship becomes more distanced until things come to an abrupt end. The summer is not turning out the way Alyssa expected.

I liked Alyssa, she was a nice person who was friend
Audrey Laurey
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shallow, basic, white girl problems completely out of touch with the reality of real issues teens are facing today...... but it is what it is? If that's what you're looking for?

When I was a preteen I really took to the Sweet Valley High series, though Elizabeth and Jessica set completely unobtainable goals and body standards, making me feel shitty about myself afterwards. However, I still read them. Same with the film Clueless, which was also pivotal to my youth, yet high fructose pap lacking d
Jordan
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Okay well goodreads really hates because yet again I have to write my review for the second time because goodreads decided to not save my first one. Thanks goodreads :))

Anyway, the review... This book was really good! I loved everything about it. Yeah, it was a little cliche, but I personally can get past that, because it makes it more cute. This book taught some very important life lessons that girls who are around the age of 13 might not know. Today, many girls think that they have to be perfe
Yaritza
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When Disney becomes a theme for a book Yay!! Sometimes fairy tales don't play out like you dreamed them to be. Alyssa has the perfect life and her dream job. She gets to be a princess for a theme park. Who doesn't want to dress up like a princess while making other little girls dreams come true. Unfortunately, life isn't as simple as we could plan it. Sometimes your dream fairy tale turns to shreds in a heart beat. We sometimes don't see how close love is until you open your eyes. Princesses kno ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Out of Left Field
  • Let Me List the Ways
  • Once We Were Sisters: A Memoir
  • Singing the Dogstar Blues
  • The Square Root of Summer
  • My Family for the War
  • Cold Day in the Sun
  • Radiant: Farm Animals Up Close and Personal (Farm Animal Photography Book)
  • Yellowfang's Secret (Warriors Super Edition, #5)
  • Hearts Made for Breaking
  • The Fix
  • Girl Against the Universe
  • They All Fall Down
  • Fireworks
Karole lives outside of Philadelphia, PA with her loving husband, exuberant little girl, and smiley little boy. She adores YA Romance, because it would be awesome if life in general had a requisite feel-good happy ending rule. Vices include obscene Haribo gummy consumption, addiction to Starbucks NF vanilla lattes, and tendency to hoard Bath and Body Works 3-wick candles.