Start by marking “The Big Bad Fox” as Want to Read:

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  1,114 Ratings  ·  223 Reviews
Who's afraid of the Big Bad Fox? No one, it seems.

The fox dreams of being the terror of the barnyard. But no one is intimidated by him, least of all the hens. When he picks a fight with one, he always ends up on the losing end. Even the wolf, the most fearsome beast of the forest, can't teach him how to be a proper predator. It looks like the fox will have to spend the res
Published June 20th 2017 by First Second (first published January 21st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Big Bad Fox, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Big Bad Fox

Lola
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
What darling characters.

The Big Bad Fox is especially adorable. You see, he thinks he’s scary, but no one—not the pig, dog or hen—is afraid of him. He tries hard to be terrifying in the eyes of others, unsuccessfully.

He even takes advice from his friend, the Big Bad Wolf, but nothing works. One day he manages to steal three eggs with the help of the wolf, though the moment the three chicks hatch, he becomes their mommy.

It is so, so cute. Of course, not one of the three chicks believes the Big
Calista
Original is in French and now it's in English. Everyone should be scared of the Fox and yet he gets no respect. A wolf encourages him to steal some eggs and hatch them and then he will have a bigger meal when the chicks are bigger. He does and he becomes their momma. The story is about the chicks who all think they are foxes and they like to play they are eating chicks.

There is a lot of funny stuff in this story. The art is only in service to the story. It is not thrilling. The fox simply wanted
prettybooks
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
20/20

Quelle réussite! J’ai rigolé comme rarement en lisant une BD, et surtout de façon continue page après page. C’est tellement marrant, les dessins sont vraiment excellents et contribuent à rendre cette histoire encore plus drôle qu’elle ne l’est déjà. Une BD qui plaira aux grands comme aux petits, filles ou garçons : c’est le cadeau parfait à offrir.

Ma chronique : https://myprettybooks.wordpress.com/2...
First Second Books
Jun 20, 2017 marked it as first-second-publications
In this sweet barnyard adventure, an incompetent fox tries unsuccessfully to terrorize chickens, and instead becomes the "mommy" of three adopted chicks. With its beautifully rendered in watercolor, The Big Bad Fox is a hilarious and surprisingly tender parable about parenthood that's sure to be a hit with new parents (and their kids too).
Charlotte B.
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Une vraie pépite !! C'est HYPER drôle, j'ai vraiment éclaté de rire à de nombreuses reprises, et c'est aussi super mignon et émouvant, bref un combo gagnant pour une BD sans la moindre fausse note. À garder sous la main en cas de coup de mou, effet euphorisant garanti !
Metin Yılmaz
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Bu bir seri olmalı ve devam etmeli bitmeden. Son zamanlarda bir çizgi romanda bu kadar gülmemiştim. Hem çok eğlenceli hem çizgiler çok iyi hem de hikaye çok güzel. Kısacası her açıdan çok iyi bir çizgi roman. Mutlaka alın ve okuyun.
FangirlNation
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
While The Big Bad Fox was likely written for an older audience, it met with the enthusiastic approval of my five-year-old son. I first read it to myself and found it an entertaining book, and then several days later my son asked me to read it aloud to him. He sat enthralled as I read it from cover to cover.

For the rest of the review and many others, go to FangirlNation.com
Hymaya
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Une BD très sympa qui plaira au plus grand nombre je pense.
Le dessin me plait beaucoup, c'est coloré et les personnages sont très expressifs. Le scénario n'est pas des plus original, mais l'histoire reste très agréable à suivre et c'est bourré d'humour!
Mon perso préféré, le chien "de garde", hem, hem!
Türkay
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kim Korkar Hain Tilkiden kitabıyla Baobab yayınları Grafik Roman alanına getirdiği yeni soluğu sürdürüyor...
Üç Gölge ile çok zor bir hikayeyi muhteşem siyah beyaz panellerle anlatan bir ilk kitap,
Cahiller: Karşılıklı bir Aydınlanmanın Hikayesi gibi muhteşem bir hikaye, tasarım, baskı kalitesine sahip FARKLI bir siyah beyaz ikinci kitap,
derken renkli basılmış üçüncü kitap Kim Korkar Hain Tilkiden...
Çocuk kitabı gibi
Oak Lawn Public Library - Youth Services
By: Benjamin Renner

In Benjamin Renner's The Big Bad Fox , the fox aspires to be a "big and bad" predator. Despite his best efforts, Fox is anything but "big and bad." His attempts to capture a farmyard chicken are always thwarted, and he is reduced to eating turnips. After several comical blunders, a local wolf helps Fox hatch a plan to steal three eggs and raise them to be plump juicy chickens. Then, Wolf, who is tired of eating rodents, and Fox will have a feast. Fortunately, F
Dolly
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who enjoy reading graphic novels
This is a sweet story about a hungry fox who becomes the adoptive mother to three chicks. The story is very comical with the narrative comprised entirely of dialogue. And the watercolor illustrations are hilarious, with as many as nine small frameless images on each page.

Overall, it's an entertaining story and I love that the book has a strong cast of female characters who don't put up with nonsense.
Anna
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enamorada del dibuix. La “típica i tòpica” història de la guineu que es vol menjar les gallines, explicada de manera atípica. Deliciós, actualitzat i una mica gamberret. Llegiu-lo o llegiu-lo als vostres nanos.
Tazitazitazi
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Vrlo zabavno štivo.
Cecilia
Supersöt och rolig! Älskar berättelsen om den Stygga räven som tar sig an tre kycklingägg och uppfostrar dem. ^^
Ivana Hajdinić
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, childrens
🦊🐓🐣🐥🐥🐓🐤
Justine
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That was the most adorable thing ever :)
I recommend it to everyone who needs to smile !!!
Jillian Heise
A little silly, but kids will likely crack up.
Cassie Fischer
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, ya-gn-manga
Hilarious! So glad I'm observing an elementary school so I heard about this. I hope it wins the KBA awards!
Elizzy B
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
English review below

Crítica en español
Me fijé en este tebeo tras ver el anuncio de su adaptación al cine. Parecía la típica cosa para críos con una estética muy agradable, sencilla e inocente, que es lo que se necesita en este mundo tan triste a veces.
Pues nada, me puse a leer al Malvado Zorro, a las gallinas, el conejo, el cerdo, el perro, el lobo y me lo pasé como si tuviera 5 años. Una diversión para los niños, pero tambíen una doble lectura sobre el sentimiento de maternidad/paternidad.
Y no
Barbara
In this story written and illustrated by a French creator, a poor old fox is desperately hungry because he's finding it difficult to hunt successfully and bring home any of the hens from the nearby farm for his dinner. As it turns out, the fox has a rather sweet, unintimidating nature that makes him more suited for nurturing that hunting and killing. The wolf comes up with a plan to insure that he'll have something more to eat than the turnips the barnyard animals share with him. Following the w ...more
Georgia Erwin
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS BOOK IS HILARIOUS. I haven't ever laughed that hard because of a book, and definitely not that many times. It's adorable, the illustrations are excellent (in color, lively and fun and not that sad half-assed stuff that tends to infect longer BDs), and the story pulls the neat trick of being incredibly clear and simple so that the extra-delightful characters can hijack the plot and run wild. I read this over a long period of time, and it's great because you don't need to remember much to get ...more
Nilah
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'd seen a preview of this upcoming film (it's an anthology film, Le grand méchant renard et autres contes...), but didn't realize it was based on a comic until I ran into a copy of it in my local comic shop. Cute story, I loved the simple layouts and panels - it made me think about the variety of storytelling styles within comics. I thought there was an interesting underlying story about harassment and consent with regard to the fox and the chickens. The chickens are the only female characters ...more
Zaz
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-books, french
Dotée d'une base de scénario assez simple, cette BD est riche en personnages hauts en couleur. Le renard est hilarant et pas franchement convaincant dans son rôle de Grand Méchant Renard, le loup est inquiétant, le chien est laxiste et paresseux et les poules sont belliqueuses. L'ensemble est agencé de façon à alterner ou mélanger l'humour décapant, les mimiques expressives des personnages et la tendresse que peuvent générer 3 poussins particulièrement attachants et entêtés.

Une franche réussite
Sarri
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Erikoinen sarjakuvaromaani ketusta, jonka lempiruokaa on kana. Kettu saa hyvän idean rosvota muutaman kananmunan, hautoa ne ja saada herkullista kananpoikaa. Mutta kettu ei aavistakaan, että poikaset tulevat pitämään kettua äitinään ja että ketun äidinvaistot heräävät samalla. Tästä seuraa monta erikoista tilannetta, etenkin, kun ketun hieman pelottava "ystävä", iso paha susi, haluaa jakaa herkut.

Mukana menossa myös kanala täynnä itsepuolustusta harjoittavia aggressiokanoja. Hui!
Kami
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
- This book was hilarious! It had me laughing out loud from beginning to end.

- Gnome and I both read this but not together. She thought it was really funny too.

- The illustrations are the best! They add a lot to the humor.

- This was a very fun graphic novel that any age would enjoy.
Blanche
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Je ne savais pas trop à quoi m'attendre en ouvrant cette BD. J'ai passé un très bon moment de lecture. Il s'agit d'une histoire très fraiche, très drôle. Les personnages sont tous ultra attachants, malgré leurs côtés, parfois, pathétiques. Un très bon moment de lecture.
Leslie
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mignon et rigolo
Marko
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pročitao sam hrvatsko izdanje (Fibra). Strip s odličnim humorom prikladan za djecu i odrasle.
OCPL NC
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Filled with laugh out loud humor that both kids and their parents will enjoy. A great choice for reluctant readers, Wimpy Kid fans, and Grown-Ups!