Start by marking “Royal Wedding Disaster: From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess” as Want to Read:
Royal Wedding Disaster: From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess

Royal Wedding Disaster: From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess

(From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess #2)

Unabridged, 4 audio compact discs, 5 hours
_______________
You are invited to a Genovian Royal Wedding in this second book pulled FROM THE NOTEBOOKS OF A MIDDLE SCHOOL PRINCESS, a Princess Diaries spin-off series, written and illustrated by New York Times-bestselling author Meg Cabot.

Olivia Grace Clarisse Mignonette Harrison still finds it hard to believe that she's a real
Published August 1st 2017 by Square Fish (first published May 17th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Royal Wedding Disaster, please sign up.
Grace Wright Sorry, but unfortunately you can't. You can only read a like the first page. Hope this helps!
Emma You don't have to buy it online - you can buy it from a physical bookstore or you can borrow it from your local library (if they don't have a copy,…moreYou don't have to buy it online - you can buy it from a physical bookstore or you can borrow it from your local library (if they don't have a copy, ask them to get one!). But, you should never, under any circumstances, read a copy online. It hurts the author because you didn't pay to read the art she created, and if the publisher sees not many people are buying the book than they won't publish more in the series (or by the author).(less)

Start your review of Royal Wedding Disaster: From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess
Muse-ic ♬
Oh the cute fluffiness!

It's absolutely hilarious because the kids often discuss who likes who and who's hot and who's not!
I'm just sitting there laughing like, "You guys are literally twelve!"

LOL I remember those days. Oh to be a child who thinks they know what love is!

Also let it be known that Olivia's dog Snowball is a poodle. Let it ALSO be known that the dog on the cover is NOT A POODLE but rather a WESTSHIRE TERRIER-LOOKING POOCH!!!

Am I salty for a stupid reason?
Maybe.
BUT DETAILS MATTER,
Sophie
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher. This in no way impacted on my view.

Bridesmaid-in-Training is the second book in Cabot's new MG series, following the life of Mia's long lost sister, Olivia. This book takes place roughly during the second half of Royal Wedding, if you've read that one. Olivia is now in Genovia with her family, and is learning about the ins and outs of being a princess, at the same time as learning how to be the best bridesmaid for her wonderful sister. She's
Isa Lavinia

Really cute, Olivia is such a sweet character!
It's funny to see how much she and Mia differ.
I belong to Mia's generation and I was exactly like her, but I see young kids Olivia's age and they're SO mature for their age compared to how I was!
So it's nice to see that in this book.

I could have done without the romance, though, I feel like Olivia's interactions with Grandmère and the rest of the family weren't delved into as deeply as they should have been.
They all seemed very distant, for all
Melissa Veras
It was really cute :)
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Royal Wedding Disaster is the second book in the From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess series. This is a middle grade series. This book has an alternate title: Bridesmaid-in-Training.

I read this book because I read and enjoyed Meg Cabot's adult Princess Diaries book called Royal Wedding. We got to see a lot of Olivia in that book (she is the narrator of this series). Royal Wedding Disaster is sort of a companion book to Royal Wedding. We get a lot more details (this time everything is
Sarah Hannah
A few moments of this bothered me, but otherwise I am utterly satisfied with narratives like this. They are everything I wanted as a little girl--a little royalty or magic in everyday life, but starring someone like me instead of just another white kid. Olivia is biracial! And raised not by her biological parents! And even though it's weird how much she doesn't miss them in this book, they're not exactly Cinderella's family in the first book, so that's nice. Also, (view spoiler) ...more
Oda Renate
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loove the cover :D
Cant wait to read it.

Just finished this.
As expected I love it.
It was fun seeing more of the wedding and from Olivias pov.
really happy there is at least one more book in this series.
Nasty Lady MJ
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To see review with gif click here.

I won’t usually read middle grade. I think a lot of it is because I like my characters to be a little bit more mature, and middle grade characters are still kids and to be honest that’s usually not a period in my life I want to reflect upon.

To be fair, I really don’t want to reflect on my teenage years either, but YA book has kissing and other stuff that middle grade does not.

I’ll make an exception though, if the book purports to have a drawing of Michael
Daniela Soria
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you loved The Princess Diaries series read these new books! So much revolves around Mia and you still get to see her grow up :)
Jennifer Brown
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy a quick read, especially when it's written by Ms. Cabot! This one continues with the series and has Olivia attending school before the big wedding day. I will admit that there were times where I wanted to slap her for letting her cousin get away with being rude, but I guess she's just doing what a princess should. Good book and a great example for young kids.
Natalie
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing. It was even better than the first. what I kinda of hoped for was a cliff hanger at the end to keep me wanting to read more but I am almost positive that the next book will be even better. I hope you guys end up trying out this book because it is filled with drama and reality. Also a hint of Amazing!
kari
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books, 2016
I'm not sure if this is considered YA or children's book, but I put in under children in my listing. Anyway, very cute story, you'll love Olivia as she tries hard to learn to be a proper princess and navigates middle school and all it's various drama and teenage angst.
Olivia is a very thoughtful character, in that she thinks about what she's doing and how it will affect others. She has a real family for the first time in her life and she's doing a good job of adjusting. I like her observations
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
So since the Princess Diaries series is over (I can still hold out hope, but it's over) - I have to get my Michael Renaldo (ne Moscovitz) anyway I can.

Also, Meg Cabot just writes good, cute stories.. so it's worth a read. I can already see some parallels between this series and the original one. Gunther reminds me a lot of Boris, and Khalil is the cute, smart guy.. so like a junior Michael. But not as awesome as Michael.

I just really like Michael. Does it show?
Sofi
Nov 21, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
WAIT, WHAT??? MIA'S FATHER IS GETTING MARRIED TO MIA'S MOTHER?!!! WHAT ABOUT MR.GIANINI?!

CAN THIS BOOK COME OUT ALREADY?

I'M DYING OF EXCITEMENT! (in case you hadn't noticed by the capital letters)

Kaethe Douglas
Copy won from Goodreads Giveaway
Amel  Armeliana
It's cute and funny and I loved it ...more
Shayla
Ah, so cute. My heart is warmed. I really miss Mia and Michael now though!

Quick note: I sometimes forget that Meg Cabot is pretty good at writing diverse characters. I really appreciate it.
Loretta Marchize
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

Prose: 4/5
Romance: 3/5
Characters: 5/5
Plot: 5/5
Prose:

So, this was good but a few things could be improved.
Romance:
Not my favorite part! More about that in content. (note: it was appropriate for young audiences, don't worry)
Characters:
I LOVE the characters! They are all adorable!
Plot:
Another super strong point of the book!
Overall:
A good book! I loved it except a few things mentioned below.
Content:
Mentions of a woman who is pregnant and not married. (view spoiler)
Eve beinguniquebooks
As her cousin Mia's wedding looms nearer, Olivia and best friend Nishi prepare to be bridesmaids in Genovia!

But as well as that, Olivia faces her first day at her new royals only attending school there and is rightfully nervous about starting there as she encounters Prince Gunther whom takes a shine to her but isn't in anyway attractive to Olivia, Prince Khalil who helps Olivia with the palaces iguana situation and lastly mean girl of the school, her cousin Luisa but alike mean girls at her last
Bethany
poot
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one better. There was a lot more character development (well, enough for a book aimed at middle schoolers) and didn’t feel as rushed. We finally get to see Mia and Michael’s wedding! (which is the reason I’m here).
Amanda
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book I really liked!
I preferred the first of the series but this one was enjoyable too. :)
I'm very anxious to read "royal crush"!
Amber Kestner
Now I want to read the next book. I'm loving this mini book series about Olivia though the word uh needs to be changed but otherwise a great book.
Shannon
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Way too much fun. I'm not going to get anything else read until I'm done with this series. Good thing all the books are at my library and that they can be read in about two hours each.
Liralen
It's a cute spinoff series—Olivia's so much more relaxed than Mia (or, in fact, than any of Cabot's other heroines that I can think of—I haven't read all or even most of her books, but those I remember tend to be on the higher-strung end of things). I'm really curious about the decision to spread the overall Princess Diaries series/world across multiple age ranges: Princess Diaries for YA, Middle School Princess for MG, and Royal Wedding as something closer to NA. Are they expecting a lot of ...more
Mindi Briar
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm an adult reader and have enjoyed the Princess Diaries series for years. I'm not exactly this book's target audience, but nevertheless, I love Olivia Grace's new series and I think she's a fantastic role model for young girls. She stands up for herself and doesn't stay silent when something is wrong. She doesn't let people get away with being mean to her unchallenged, but she also remains polite and graceful and doesn't lose her cool.

The plot of this book was fun, too. Olivia Grace is sent
Akilah
Suuuuuuper cute with lots of laugh out loud moments. I am extremely tickled that Olivia finds Grandmère to be a comforting presence, but that's the benefit of a different POV.

These books are just similar to and different from the original Princess Diaries series to delight old fans like me. Although, I do wish Olivia's nemesis wasn't basically a mini-Lana.
BookChic Club
A fantastic and fun addition to the middle-grade Princess Diaries spinoff series. I love Olivia as a character and seeing her adjust to being a princess like Mia did. It also helps that readers of the Princess Diaries series still get to stay in touch with Mia, Michael, Grandmere and the rest of the gang through Olivia's journey.
Robin Stevens
May 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Written with typical charm and humour, this is another lovely middle grade book from Meg Cabot that'll please all of her fans.

Marian
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dd
If you loved the first book you will love the second. It is full of mean girls,crushes, and more than you would think.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Royal Wedding Disaster [Book 2] 3 17 Feb 16, 2017 12:34AM

• TBH, This May Be TMI (TBH, #2)
  • Wished (Fairy Tale Reform School #5)
  • TBH, This Is So Awkward (TBH, #1)
  • TBH, IDK What's Next (TBH, #4)
  • Best Babysitters Ever (Best Babysitters Ever, #1)
  • TBH, Too Much Drama (TBH, #3)
  • Misfits (Royal Academy Rebels #1)
  • Flunked (Fairy Tale Reform School, #1)
  • Always, Abigail
  • President of the Whole Fifth Grade
  • Charmed (Fairy Tale Reform School, #2)
  • Curse of the Arctic Star (Nancy Drew Diaries #1)
  • Tricked (Fairy Tale Reform School #3)
  • Genie in a Bottle (Whatever After #9)
  • Seeing Red (Whatever After, #12)
  • Perijee and Me
  • The It-Girl (The It Girl, #1)
  • Warrior Boy

Meg Cabot was born on February 1, 1967, during the Chinese astrological year of the Fire Horse, a notoriously unlucky sign. Fortunately she grew up in Bloomington, Indiana, where few people were aware of the stigma of being a fire horse -- at least until Meg became a teenager, when she

From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess (4 books)
  • From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess (From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess, #1)
  • Royal Crush (From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess, #3)
  • Royal Crown (From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess, #4)