Start by marking “Brooklyn & Beale” as Want to Read:
Brooklyn & Beale

Brooklyn & Beale

The life of a session musician is rarely easy. After consecutive tour cancellations and a stack of unpaid bills, Chloe Bennett fears her dream has come to an end.

Then everything changes.

Indie rocker Reid Ryder needs a replacement violinist for his tour. For Chloe, it’s the opportunity of a lifetime. For Reid, it’s a checkmark off his list. Already battling addiction, guilt
Published (first published June 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Brooklyn & Beale, please sign up.

Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
4.5 STARS!!!

More readers NEED to know about Olivia Evans! Good lord, this woman can WRITE. The Prologue alone was fantastic If you love a slow-burn romance, with well-written characters that have depth, real emotion and absolutely no cliches, then you must read Brooklyn & Beale.

This is one of the best rock star books I have read. Olivia Evans paints a detailed picture of the life of a touring musician, with all of the temptations, pressures and pure joy of performing live on stage. I could a
Reanell Tisdale
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
5 stars!

I just stayed up all night and read Brooklyn and Beale in one sitting. It's 6:08 am, i started reading around 11 pm last night. I couldn't put it down.

I need sleep. Full review to come.

Let me start by saying Olivia Evans can write like no other. Her stories are unique and totally catch my attention. I stayed up all night to finish B&B so that should tell you how much it caught my attention.

It's been awhile since I've read a book that made my heart race with anticipation. And with B
D
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not since Kellan Kyle have I read a rock/music book that gave me the feels. Now don't go getting your panties in a twist. I'm not comparing Thoughtless and Brooklyn & Beale... there isn't one. We're talking two completely different stories.
What I am saying is one hot rock boy who has to find who he is made me swoon and fangirl and not put down the book just like KK did.
Reid Ryder is all kinds of delicious but he's got a vulnerable side that makes readers melt.
I loved how author Olivia Eva
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Oct 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
7/5/16:
Olivia Evans has a new cover for B&B and we need your help in spreading the word. Readers/Bloggers: please sign up below if you would like to participate

I have loved Olivia Evans since a good friend recommend that I read Hollywood & Vine. What she brings to the book world is a fresh voice, unique stories, and characters to fall in love with.

Brooklyn & Beale solidifies her place on my must read author list.

What I loved most about B&B
Jaya
Jun 11, 2016 marked it as i-really-really-tried-but-failed  ·  review of another edition
65% to the book and the Hero is still conflicted between his girlfriend and the "other" girl?!! Sorry that is not something I want in my romance. Only good part was the writing and the musical set up.Thats the only reason why I effortlessly kept reading despite of feeling murderous annoyed at the guy.

Flipped through almost 86%, it takes the Hero that much time to make a decision? Ugghh.

Definitely not my kind of romance. Though one might like to read this book going by the high ratings it has.

Th
Tracie Payne
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book a lot. I loved the build up and the tension. Although I have to admit for me, my own preferences as a reader, it was almost too much. I like to see my characters be a couple for longer than I got here. I felt like he was with Jess just way too long. At one point towards the end I had to put it down cause I was so frustrated. Luckily it was just a misunderstanding so he was forgiven. I do like this writing and I can't wait for more from this author.
Three Chicks
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review by Lisa Kane

Beale Street's where my story starts,
Brooklyn's where I found my heart.

Chloe Bennett is just looking for her big break. She looks like anything but a gifted violinist with her purple hair, piercings, and tattoos. She was classically trained, and in spite of her mother pushing her to play with an orchestra, she is a true rock and roll chick. Well she is about to get her chance. She gets a call to audition for Reid Ryder and his band for their Secret Visions Tour.

Reid's had a
Virginia
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Olivia, I love this book. LOVE it!! You sucked me in with your fabulous story and amazing writing. You have written a book I LOVE. I literally couldn’t put it down.

Brooklyn & Beale is the story of Reid and Chloe. I don’t need to tell you their story. You can read it in the synopsis and in the book. But I will tell you this. Their story is amazing. It is so well developed and perfectly paced with a build-up that will have you cheering for them to make it and never wanting the book to end.

Broo
Kandace
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brooklyn & Beale is a slow burn love story that I thoroughly enjoyed. This is not an overly steamy story. It is a story packed full of sexual tension. The banter between the main characters had me smiling ear to ear. What I enjoyed most about the story is the slow burn of two complete strangers falling in love. Neither character wanted to fall in love, after all, Reid had a girlfriend! Reid also had some demons he needed to overcome. Being a rockstar lead Reid to make some bad choices. Reid' ...more
Talltree
Nov 03, 2015 marked it as author-genre-trope-not-for-me  ·  review of another edition
Natalie
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brooklyn & Beale was a great read. I liked it better than Hollywood & Vine but I also think it had a little less drama than H & V so maybe that was it. The UST was crazy high, and I spent the whole book wondering will they or won't they (give in to their feelings) and even whether some of the side characters would do something different. It was really funny, sexy, and a little sad in places. The writing was excellent; I'd say it was Liv's best work yet! Well done!
PS Anders stole the
Mari
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015reads, arcs, rockstar
The weight

Damn that was so good. From the cover alone I wanted this book so bad. I'm glad to have gotten an ARC. This kind rockstar romance books aren't that many, the ones that'll give you the emotions, the highs and lows, the music and a great love story. This is one I truly liked start to end. That's something else since I was in slump.

Personally I'm a huge fan of rock + classical accompaniment. That's a killer combo a band that can do it is amazing. Here the whole band chemistry is worked
Alexandra
**** 4,5 Stars ****
I'm so glad I took a chance at reading this book! Olivia Evans was unknown to me and I bought this book without reading any reviews, just because of the blurb and I'm not disappointed al all. A beautifully written slow burning love story between a rock star and a violinist that joins his band four a tour. When the book started and a love triangle peaked I was a little worried but the author managed it quite well and the story unfolded in such a perfect way that it didn't bothe
Packy Pie
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Beale Street’s where my story starts, Brooklyn’s where I found my heart.'

I remember very clearly the first time I heard about the idea of this book. Olivia was so happy about it, she almost puked Starbursts. I remember her asking me if I think people will be interested in following up with two complete new characters after having read Hollywood & Vine. I had no idea at the time. You never really know what people would be into. But I encouraged her to go for it. I told her to write her heart
Courtney
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I have to say it - Olivia Evans is a diamond in the rough. This woman is a phenomenal writer and amazing story teller.

I am always hesitant to read a book from an author that I have not heard much about. And even after reading the blurb, even though it enticed me, I was still a little leery but I went with my gut and believed I wouldn't be let down.

Let me just say that when a prologue is able to give me chills, that sets the stage for me as to how well this book is going go. And Olivia blew me aw
Bewaji
Jul 27, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I Don't Know

I really don't know that this is a love story between Chloe and Reid, more like a break up story of Reid and his long term girlfriend, because Reid is drawn to a lady new to the rock group, who happens to be Chloe. All the while that Reid is trying to convince readers he is 'falling in love' with Chloe he is still actively in love with Jess his girlfriend and they have sex when she joined them briefly on tour. I think this story is the opportunity of a girlfriend being cheated on by
Ladynikiw
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Let me be, can’t you see
Don’t point your damn arrow at me.
Let me be, can’t you see
He and I aren’t meant to be”

This book is definitely going into my top rockstar books that I've read file and there aren't many! Usually the rocker is so much of a dick I can never understand why the MC sticks around for him to be so called redeemed. Don't get me wrong Reid was a dick, he absolutely drove me crazy with his attitude sometimes, his treatment of Jess and Chloe. But he fixes his shit, so in the end I c
Kelly Smith
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This book is just...WOW!

I didn't think that Olivia could out do herself after reading Hollywood & Vine, but she did! And she did it so brilliantly that I cannot wait to find out what else she has coming in the future!! It pulled me in from the beginning and didn't let me go until the end.

It was angsty, heartfelt, and all around fantastic!!
The main characters are lovable, with witty banter and undeniably intense chemistry!
Reid is a recently sober rockstar that seems to have it all and C
Tenisha Brown
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-kindle
*Given for a honest review.

We meet Chloe a talented violinist struggling to make ends meet. Meet Ryder a struggling musician trying to find his way. Ryder's original violinist broke her hand so he need a replacement. Ryder meet Chloe. Chloe meet Ryder also meet Drew, Greer, Inky, Tom, and Jess. Jess is Ryder's girlfriend. She was there when Ryder was going through a dark time.

I liked Chloe she was strong and funny. Ryder was living in his dark past. We follow them on their year long tour of se
Lauren R.
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! Was such a great story!

I'm a sucker for musicians looking for love.

Main characters Reid & Chloe had me from the beginning. Tension, drama of course and romance that had me swooning and sighing like crazy. Also they are super funny. I was cracking up while reading this on the train back and forth to work. You will be smiling a lot while reading this story. The plot and development of their love was written well.

This series by Olivia Evans has me hooked!

Go get this book!
Christina Szczepan-santos
I received an Arc of this book for an honest review. Starting it now, Review to come soon.
Well I finished and I have to say I loved loved this story. Chloe & Reid wow just wow.
Reid is a Rocker who is recently sober. He meets Chloe who is a violinist. She starts performing with the band. He does have a girlfriend Jess but she's all wrong for him. The chemistry between the Reid and Clhoe is hot!
I can't say enough good things about this story. I fell in love with Reid and Clhoe, she's so funny
Heather
Loved this second book from Olivia Evans. It was enjoyable right from the start with witty banter, humorous situations, a ton of UST, romance, and just the right amount of angst. The two lead characters Chloe and Reid have some serious chemistry between them and some of the scenes, especially on stage, were described so brilliantly it felt like I was there.

Loved every word of this book and it gets an extra thumbs up for bringing Anders back!
Sadie
Dec 10, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Almost 3 stars for me. I'm glad I read this one. I really appreciated author's patience and the slow build (I miss this in NA!) and I'm a sucker for a story with rock stars, music and songwriting. ***spoilers*** The resolution of the addiction storyline felt rushed (is he just fine now?), Chloe was so sweet it made my teeth hurt at times (this is probably my preference for flawed characters though) and it ended abruptly once they got together.
Jessica
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved everything about this book!!

I'm a total angstwhore and this book scratched my itch in the most delicious way. The best part? Unlike so many other angst-filled books, I never had the urge to choke either of the main characters. There is no insta-love, the banter is witty and watching the relationship grow, while they both fight it, is just beautiful.
Olivia Evans
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Brooklyn & Beale has a new cover and is on sale for .99 today through the 22nd!
Becca
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not put this book down. I got absolutely nothing done yesterday because I would put the book down for 5 minutes and then pick it back up.

Full review to come with Tour.

Klaudija Krznar
That was a sweet read, but not my cup of tea.
NA is not my genre really, so only 2,5-3 stars
Laura Johnson
Solid 3 Rock and Roll stars. I really enjoyed Brooklyn & Bealeit. Both MCs were likable and their chemistry was combustible. However it was slow paced. The couple don't even kiss until almost the end and then there only a couple for about the last 5 % of the book. Just wish we got to see more of them as a couple. I'm kind of hoping there will be a seconded book with them dating in it.
Franci Neill
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first book by Olivia Evans and what a great introduction to her writing! I immediately connected with Chloe and her determination to live her life the way she wanted to and not what her mother wanted to her be and do.

When we meet Chloe she's trying to figure out how she's going to pay her bills when she gets a call for the gig of a lifetime. She had no idea when she raced down for the meeting that it would be with rock star Reid Ryder who has his own demons. And demons they were! Fa
Beth
Oct 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS! Holy cow! This book was so damn good. Olivia Evans killed it! And she killed me with all the angst. I was not expecting that, but I ate it up like a true angst junkie. She also gives readers a kickass, likeable heroine and a flawed, moody hero that I could not help falling for. Ms. Evans' impressive writing style made me want to be on that Reid Ryder tour bus with a cast of characters that I want to be my best friends.

In the back of his mind, Reid knew the way he was beginning to feel
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Blur (Changing Colors, #2)
  • The New Rule (The Casual Rule #2)
  • Sizzle (Sizzle, #1)
  • We All Fall Down (Of Love and Madness, #2)
  • A Fighting Chance
  • Kick, Push & Coast Duet: Includes Kick, Push and Coast
  • Savage (The Healer #3)
  • Hate: A Love Story
  • Cursed be the Wicked
  • You Really Got Me (Rock Star Romance, #1)
  • Reckless Weekend (Reckless Beat, #2.5)
  • Tribal (My Misery Muse, #2.5)
  • Take What You Want (The Rock Gods, #2)
Olivia Evans is a dreamer by day, writer by night. She's obsessed with music and loves discovering new bands. Traveling the world and watching the sun set in every time zone sounds like heaven to her. A true Gemini, she follows her heart blindly and lives life to the fullest with her husband, son, and friends. Her other loves are: Chuck Taylors, Doc Martens, concert tees, gangster movies, sports, ...more