Start by marking “Candlemoth Volume 2: How To Spend It” as Want to Read:
Candlemoth Volume 2: How To Spend It

Read Book* *Different edition

Candlemoth Volume 2: How To Spend It

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  50 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
“The masterpiece of my life was having learned how to glass myself inward, burying my heart so deep that I didn’t even know where it was buried.” - Lily Inoue

Lily is a bold, passionate free thinker from small town South Carolina. Fiercely self reliant, the same strength that helped Lily survive a traumatic upbringing makes it difficult for her to trust.

Falling in love wi
Published July 13th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Candlemoth Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Candlemoth Volume 2

Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-shelf, romance
The end of the previous and the pickup on this novel is shocking and vital. Gotta love those cliffhangers.

It also spices up the tale into something that really defines living in the face of near-death. Nothing says sex better than a brush with death.

And then there's the recovery period, getting oneself back to a bit of equanimity... or maybe it's a bit of gratuitous satisfaction and a payoff for us fair readers... but this is what romance is all about. Tension, release, tension, release. It is n
Romance.

Sexytimes romance. It's a young thing. It's a waitress versus a rich boy. It's also a triangle because the rich boy tends to be an issue with himself and everyone else. But mainly, it's a steamy romance. :)

Survivor Lily and Playboy Ry circle each other like moths to a candle, but they just can't keep their hands off each other. They really ought to stay far from each other, but you know how this story goes. On again off again, in the meantime, Lily plays out a hazy dream of modeling and
Lily, Ry, and Casper.

Honesty here. I don't like Casper. I like artists and he's definitely ticking off all the right artist traits, but Lily can do so much better than hanging around this douche.

Ry's pretty decent. Yeah, he has that whole on again off again thing going on, but this time it's Lily trying to help out her man and the foundation he's trying to save. It's sweet, but it looks like it's doomed.

You know.

Roving hands are defeating all best of intentions! Isn't that always the way?

As al
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
RYLAND CALHOUN HAS JUST BECOME MY NEW BBF

WOW!!! This is the first novel by Pauline West that I have read and it has left me wanting so much more.....it was a brilliant read. It was a book that I just couldn't put down....even though I was interrupted by having to go to work!!!!!

Lily Inoue, has had a rough upbringing, moving from foster home to foster home until she is finally taken in by Steve and raised as his only child. She is a strong young woman, looking to improve her life and has moved in
Captain
nope, hard to believe that there are more books.
Amber Holder
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of those books that I started and couldn't put down! I fell asleep reading it and it was the first thing I grabbed when I woke up! The story of Ry and Lily was truly captivating! I hope to see more stories from some of the other characters in this series. Great job, Pauline West! I look forward to reading so much more from you!
Amanda Williams
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice romantic read with your general bad boy thrown in. Not a bad read. I particularly liked the fact that we found out that the main heroine had a bit of a haunted past. That was a nice twist. Would recommend this author
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
SUPERB INSTALMENT IN THIS ADDICTIVE SERIES

Ms West has once again given me a book I simply could not put down!!! It was superb. It was such a fast paced, easy and enjoyable read. I was at the 80% mark of the book before I even realised it.

Candlemoth 2 picks up where number 1 finished. Lily is splitting up with Ry to save him from losing his Foundation and inheritance, as a result of his father's blackmailing. But she must keep this secret and never let Ry know.

Once again Lily's friends Beren an
Jordan Stivers
I enjoyed it. I usually don’t read romance but this came recommended by an author I like and it was free on Amazon at the time so I thought, “Why not?” The beginning was a bit slow but it picked up and the ending was solid. It is a very quick read that can be finished in one sitting really. The protagonists come across as very real and in ways relatable. Charleston lives in this book too, you get a great sense of place which I love. The ending totally begs for a part two, which I look forward to ...more
3 1/2 stars

This third book in the series picks up straight away from where book 2 finished and the excitement and frantic events are incredible.
Ry and Lily continue in their relationship growing and exploring their love and feelings together. Questions about their future, both together and individually, are raised and answered.
There is a lot of depth to this story with amazing descriptions of the characters and settings that are very detailed. Maybe a little whimsical at times though.
I gave it 3
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a sweet book that draws you in from the start, you won't want to put it down. Ryland is super sweet, sexy and at a crossroads in his life. Lily has had a tough upbringing, spending most of it in foster care. From the moment Ryland sees lily he's hooked and has to have her. The chemistry between them from the first meeting melted my kindle! The path to true love never runs smooth and these two have a few bumps along the way. This book does end on a cliffhanger, but what a cliffhanger! can ...more
Shelley Smith
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I may be a little in love with Ryland Calhoun.
Lily has over come so many issues in her life she deserves a good man who will love and cherish her for the rest of her life.
Bring along Ry (swoooooon). Ry is the best of everything gorgeous and loving and safe but his family are all about image and Lily doesn't fit into there image for the public eye.
The book ends on an awesome cliff hanger that I can't wait to read how it ends, however I would have like a little more grit but it's a very
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book picks up exactly where book 2 ended, although a short read it's long enough to cover the important bits. There's a lot more happening in this book, with a few twists and turns that you don't see coming. We see Lily and Ry grow together as a couple and figuring out who they want to be moving forward. This book neatly rounds off the series and what a series it is! Very addictive, well worth a read.

* * Reviewed for Sweet and Spicy Reads-ARC provided for honest review * *
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book picks up exactly where book 1 ended, although a short read it's long enough to cover the important bits. There's a lot more happening in this book and we get to know Casper a bit better. I felt lily grew a bit more in this book and made more of her own decisions. This book ends on a cliffhanger, I hope we don't have to wait too long for book 3.

* * Reviewed for Sweet and Spicy Reads-ARC provided for honest review * *
Ashley Stevenson
I received advanced copy from United Indie Book Blog for my honest review. This was amazing story about Lily and Ry! How everything seems to not go perfectly well for them but a lot emotions runs through when you hope it comes with the happy ending. Then come the block were you looking to know more of what we'll happen next. Can't wait to read more of their story.
Betsy Anderson
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fast, HOT read that ends abruptly, leaving you wanting so much more. I'm hoping the author has a sequel in the works soon. These characters are nowhere near the end of their story, and they deserve to have more. Please, Sofia Monroe, bless us with another book!
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book of Pauline's that I have read and I already look forward to book 2!
The lead female is a gutsy, sensuous girl who has had a tough life. The male lead is your typical rich young man but he is caring and supportive.
Great secondary characters make this story even better.
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a fantastic book, it continues from book 1 smoothly and easily. It is a fast paced book with heaps of suspense, emotion and some twists to keep you on your toes.
Book 3 can't come quick enough!
It's Me - Yvette
I "think" this is the first book from this new author. Not a bad start with likable main and secondary characters.
Roni
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lily and Ry power couple.

Pauline I can't wait till three, you have pulled me into thus story I am so totally committed to them ugh. #needthreenow
Alexa Brolin
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ry and Lily, Lily and Ry, what else is there to say?

Such a wonderful, beautiful story by Pauline West. I'm going to very quickly get into book two!
Alexa Brolin
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So wonderful to see a strong female character in a romance novel. West has done an amazing job of following up from Volume 1.

Talented author, I look forward to more!
Catherine Thomas
More creative setting and characters, but ultimately nothing new. Still, it was fun to read.
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
Candlemoth: A Holy City Romance was one of those books that I can see many readers falling in love with, but it frustrated me too much to give more than 3 stars. It's not that I didn't like the story, it just drove me a little crazy at times.

Lily is a young woman trying to move on from her past and make it on her own. She's putting time in with a catering company, trying to stay on top of her expenses. She doesn't need anything, especially a man, complicating her life.
Her dreams of self-sufficie
Fiction  Vixens Blog
This was my first time reading anything by Pauline West, and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed this touching story. Pauline West has given us such a story that will grab our attention, and holds us there from start to finish and then will leave us wanting more from this author. Lily Inoue ,has had a rough upbringing , all because of being moved from foster home to foster home, but then finally she's taken in by Steve and he raises her as his own child. But she has really became a strong woman ...more
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Being the first book I have read by this author I didn't know what to expect, I was really pleased overall.
Lily is a young college student who works part-time for a catering business. Ryland is the son of wealthy parents whose sister gets married and Lily helps to cater at the reception. There is an instant attraction between the lead characters.
The characters playing secondary roles really add to this story, there are some very funny moments when these characters interact. The chemistry between
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 stars

I gave it 3
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
This second book in the series by this author is terrific.
The story of Rhy and Lily continues where Lily's conscience is getting to her and pushing her to make decisions by herself.
This is a much faster-paced book and smoothly continues the story. There is an element of danger that gets your heart racing and suspenseful twists.
The others characters come to the fore as well, especially Casper. The reader is given more insight into each character.
I am really looking forward to the next book in th
United Indie Book Blog
REVIEWER: ASHLEY
Jackie Alexander
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
Cliffhanger ending is a real turnoff

Could have been s good read. However, the cliffhanger ending is a total turn off. A good writer does not have to rely on such things to make sure you buy another book.
Pauline West is a bookworm, trail runner and bourbon lover. Her first novel, EVENING’S LAND, is a Library Journal Self-e Selection, winner of the Helene Wurlitzer Foundation Award and recipient of the Carol Marie Smith Memorial Scholarship for the NOEPE Center of Literary Arts.

West's short stories have been shortlisted for the International Aeon Award, and featured in Reddit’s infamous NoSleep ch