Start by marking “Me and Me” as Want to Read:
Me and Me

Me and Me

It’s Lark’s seventeenth birthday, and although she’s hated to be reminded of the day ever since her mom’s death three years ago, it’s off to a great start. Lark has written a killer song to perform with her band, the weather is stunning and she’s got a date with gorgeous Alec. The two take a canoe out on the lake, and everything is perfect—until Lark hears the screams. ...more
ebook
Published April 11th 2017 by HarperCollins (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Me and Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Me and Me

Start your review of Me and Me
Emer (A Little Haze)
The premise of this book really appealed to me as it reminded me of one of my favourite films 'Sliding Doors' starring Gwyneth Paltrow and John Hannah. The set up for this book showed what happens when MC Lark's life diverged into two separate paths one afternoon when she was forced to make the hardest decision between rescuing a young child or her new boyfriend from drowning.

Sadly for me this book didn't work at all. I found the first chapter much too long of a set up and the book really went
Lara (Bookish_turtle)
So I didn't read the blurb before I read this book, and that turned out to be quite a big mistake...

If I had read the blurb, I would have known what this book is about: Lark having to make an 'impossible choice', then having her world splitting into two distinct lives and having to live with the consequences of both possible choices...

Instead I was extremely confused about how her boyfriend kept magically coming in and out of a coma.

However, once I got past the initial confusion, it turned out
Etienne
Aug 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
Really not good! Full of clichés, a pace terribly slow, very teeny (dialogues, romance, life events, etc.) and unlikeable characters.. I'm still on my quest to explore YA from different book and point of view, but so far, not much success... so maybe I'm just unlucky or this category of book is clearly not for me...
Kate I. Foley
DNF

The premise of this sounded so fantastic, I requested an ARC right away without knowing anything else about it. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. I got about 30% of the way in before I decided I couldn't do it anymore. Maybe if I didn't have so many books on my TBR already I would've stuck it out, but I couldn't rationalize spending reading time on a book I wasn't enjoying.

The writing was one of the biggest challenges for me to get through this. It read as juvenile and inexperienced. The
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
***Thanks to NetGalley for providing me a complimentary copy of ME AND ME by Alice Kuipers in exchange for my honest review.***

Lark must choose between saving the life of a little girl or saving her boyfriend, both in danger of drowning. She believes she lives parallel lives. In one she saves Annabelle and Alec lies in a coma, in the second, the opposite occurs.

My biggest issue with ME AND ME is I never bought into the scenario Lark had a choice. My only option would be save the child before the
Jess
Sep 24, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
I've been trying for weeks, and I simply cannot get into this book. The premise is interesting, but the problem with novels that explore two different realities, is that I have to read a lot of the same things twice. This doesn't make for an exciting experience at all. Also, the song lyrics are really annoying.
Arthur
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Haunting and mysterious, this is a powerful book about love, life and choices. Both page-turning and thought-provoking, Kuipers deftly tells a lyrical tale that’ll keep you questioning reality right up to the very end.
Faizan
Jul 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
the language is irritating..
the songs are stupid...

its headache... not able to continue.. sorry..
Maureen
Jun 29, 2018 rated it liked it
The premise of Me and Me was a good one, but it was hard to follow the story. On one hand I liked Lark and Alec, but on the other hand I did not. I am not sure if the lake experience was what sent the events in motion. Three stars for effort. Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for allowing me to be an early reader in exchange for my review.
Zoë ☆
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, ebook
Me and Me was such an interesting story to read! At first I didn’t really know what to think of it, but it got much cooler later in the story! It kept me on edge until the end.
Lindsey Emery
Oct 22, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was sent this book as in advance reading copy, I’m not sure why, as it’s clearly YA and I’m 35. At any rate, I felt obligated to read and review but as you can see, it took me nearly half a year and then a week of forced bedrest following surgery to finally finish it and it was just really not a good book. At all. Yikes. I don’t want to be mean-spirited and I’m sure the author spent a lot of time and energy writing this book, but it was not for me, and I don’t think I would have enjoyed it ...more
Lucie
Thank you Netgalley for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

Picking up this book, I was pretty excited: the blurb seemed great, and even though most ratings weren't that positive, I was confident I would enjoy my read.
I wouldn't say that I didn't enjoy it, because there were parts which I found really good, but the whole book was rather confusing for me.

But there was something I did hate: the characters. I couldn't stand Lark (in both versions), and even though I
Jessica
All my reviews can be found at: http://jessicasreadingroom.com
3.5 stars rounded up to four for GR:

I am not the target demographic for Me and Me. As an adult (though not a mom) I know what my decision would be. But as a teen, I can see how Lark was torn as she could only save one. This would be every teen girl’s nightmare. And Lark lives it; even worse she lives the after effects in two different lives!

I enjoyed the back and forth between the chapters of the two lives Lark ends up leading: The
Davianna
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an addicting, mind bending read about how the choices we make affect us. I was kept on the edge of my seat as Lark figured out what was happening to her and the twists were fantastic! The book was fast paced, well written, and had an eerie nuance that pulled me in from the first chapter.

I can’t say I really liked Lark, she fell head over heels for Alec and neglects her friends for one and in her parallel life she takes up stealing which I couldn’t for the life of me grasp why. At the
Nicolette (FallingOverBooks)
ARC received thanks to publisher.

video review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dylB...

I was lucky enough to have requested and received my first physical arc! Thanks again to HCCFrenzy for sending me a copy, I really appreciate it!!

I’ve read 3 other books by Alice Kuipers and enjoyed them all. Me and Me is no different. This book had such an interesting premise, it captivating me from the beginning. 3/5 stars! I was a little confused at the first two chapters but then I understood how
Teresa
Mar 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Rating: 2.5
Rounding up to 3 stars
It was a decent book, but only just decent.
The side characters didn't get enough development, the point of view was a little confusing at times (especially near the end), and reading all the song lyrics without music was annoying. Lark even states in the book that song lyrics aren't the same when just read on paper, which makes it even more nonsensical that there would be song lyrics included, as the author literally acknowledges this.
It probably isn't the worst
Kelly Gunderman
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Check out this, other reviews, and more fun bookish things on my young adult book blog, Here's to Happy Endings!

I want to start out by saying that I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about Me and Me. I hadn't read anything by this author prior to going into this book, but once I started reading it, I felt a need to finish it. It's rare that I have time to finish an entire book in one day lately, but this one I made an exception for, because it really pulled me into the story, into the
Riane
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wish I could give half stars. This was a 2.5 for me.
Elsa Rohm
This was really not great. I disliked the main character, the plot was muddled, and the ending was a complete disaster.
Riya Sahu
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was an amazing read. I was a bit confused in the beginning about the switched perspectives, but once I realized what was happening, it was a fast paced exciting read.
Adriyanna Zimmermann
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
4.5 stars. Review to come.
Gabriele Goldstone
Apr 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
Read this as part of my book club. It was challenging to finish. Some nice language but I can't recommend it. Having sat beside someone in a coma makes me shudder at how this author handles it.
Melanie
Though it was somewhat confusing at times, I enjoyed Me and Me. The plot and idea behind it are very unique and interesting, and I was intrigued to see how it would all enfold. I found that the characters were realistic and I felt emotions right along with Lark and some of the others. The lyrics were good and I can definitely see them being incorporated into songs!
Becca Price
Jun 28, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This review may contain some spoilers with the characters andplot line. I write my reviews as I readthe book for the full effect of how I feel throughout the novel.

Alright... harsh critic here. The first thing I thought that popped up in my mind over and over while reading this book wasWattpad.While I think the premise was pretty interesting, I had a lot of trouble getting into this book. The accident that the novel centers around happens in the prologue, before we even get a chance to like
Alexa
*A copy of this book was provided to me by HarperCollins Canada*

I didn't enjoy this. Me and Me is a pretty short book but it felt as if it would never end.

This follows Lark and the consequences of choices. On her seventeen birthday a freak accident occurs at the lake where she has to make the decision between saving Alec, the guy she's dating, or Annabelle, a child she used to babysit. Lark is also copping with losing her mother, trying to take care of her father, trying to follow her passion
Katie B
Alice is enjoying her date with Alex in a canoe on the lake when she hears someone scream nearby. Annabelle, a little girl who Alice used to babysit, has fallen in the water and is struggling to stay above water. Alice and Alex jump into the water but Alex hits his head on a rock. With both of them in trouble Alice can only choose one to save. Who does she save? This book follows Alice as she seems to be living this parallel type life, one where she saves Annabelle and one where she picks Alex ...more
Ameema Saeed
Mar 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arcs, young-adult
Kirsty
Jul 31, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: july-2018, abandoned
I really enjoyed Alice Kuipers' Life on the Refrigerator Door when I first read it as a teenager, for its inventiveness more than anything else. When I saw that she had a new book, entitled Me and Me coming out, I was intrigued, if a little sceptical of its unlikely plot. May I just point out that I actually didn't get very far with my reading of this novel; I did not even reach the incredibly ridiculous accident which is recounted in the blurb. The writing was dull, and the dialogue so wooden ...more
Lily (latestreads)
3.5 Stars

*Thank you to NetGalley and Kids Can Press Loft for providing me with this ARC. Please know that these opinions are all my own and that they are honest.

Me and Me was based on such an exciting concept! When there is a fork in the road, doesn't everyone want to see how each choice plays out? Me and Me talks about Lark's fork in the road, whether she should choose to save her new boyfriend or the little girl that is drowning. While I loved the concept, I just felt as if it was executed in
Minh
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The premise, as well as the general direction, of the novel is really good. Alice Kuipers has taken the who-would-you-choose scenario onto a whole new level. Unfortunately, the execution of the story has left a lot to be desired.

First of all, the main character, Lark, is so hard to like. It is frustrating to see her either fall boy crazy for Alec in one life or become fixated on work and develop a tendency for stealing in the other. While I understand that Kuipers is trying to portray two
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• People Kill People
  • Layover
  • Hearts Unbroken
  • You Must Bring a Hat
 photo Goodreads-icon_zps520d2a85.png Google-Plus-Icon Tumblr-icon YouTube-Icon Email-Icon

Free Online Writing Course? Sign up here: eepurl.com/bA03lH

I was born in London, England, and I moved to Canada in 2003 when I fell in love with a Canadian. We live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, which took a while for me to learn how to spell. I have four children, a girl and three boys.

My first novel, Life on the Refrigerator Door, was published in 29 countries, won several