Start by marking “Me and Me” as Want to Read:

Me and Me

It’s Lark’s seventeenth birthday, and although she’s hated to be reminded of the day ever since her mom’s death three years ago, it’s off to a great start. Lark has written a killer song to perform with her band, the weather is stunning and she’s got a date with gorgeous Alec. The two take a canoe out on the lake, and everything is perfect—until Lark hears the screams. Ann ...more
ebook
Published April 11th 2017 by HarperCollins (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Me and Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Me and Me

Emer
The premise of this book really appealed to me as it reminded me of one of my favourite films 'Sliding Doors' starring Gwyneth Paltrow and John Hannah. The set up for this book showed what happens when MC Lark's life diverged into two separate paths one afternoon when she was forced to make the hardest decision between rescuing a young child or her new boyfriend from drowning.

Sadly for me this book didn't work at all. I found the first chapter much too long of a set up and the book really went
Lara (Bookish_turtle)
So I didn't read the blurb before I read this book, and that turned out to be quite a big mistake...

If I had read the blurb, I would have known what this book is about: Lark having to make an 'impossible choice', then having her world splitting into two distinct lives and having to live with the consequences of both possible choices...

Instead I was extremely confused about how her boyfriend kept magically coming in and out of a coma.

However, once I got past the initial confusion, it turned out t
PinkAmy loves  \\u0026#x1f495; books\\u0026#x1f4d6;, cats\\u0026#x1f63b; and naps\\u0026#x1f6cf;
***Thanks to NetGalley for providing me a complimentary copy of ME AND ME by Alice Kuipers in exchange for my honest review.***

Lark must choose between saving the life of a little girl or saving her boyfriend, both in danger of drowning. She believes she lives parallel lives. In one she saves Annabelle and Alec lies in a coma, in the second, the opposite occurs.

My biggest issue with ME AND ME is I never bought into the scenario Lark had a choice. My only option would be save the child before the
Etienne
Aug 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
Really not good! Full of clichés, a pace terribly slow, very teeny (dialogues, romance, life events, etc.) and unlikeable characters.. I'm still on my quest to explore YA from different book and point of view, but so far, not much success... so maybe I'm just unlucky or this category of book is clearly not for me...
Arthur
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Haunting and mysterious, this is a powerful book about love, life and choices. Both page-turning and thought-provoking, Kuipers deftly tells a lyrical tale that’ll keep you questioning reality right up to the very end.
Maureen
Jun 29, 2018 rated it liked it
The premise of Me and Me was a good one, but it was hard to follow the story. On one hand I liked Lark and Alec, but on the other hand I did not. I am not sure if the lake experience was what sent the events in motion. Three stars for effort. Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for allowing me to be an early reader in exchange for my review.
Zoë ☆
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Me and Me was such an interesting story to read! At first I didn’t really know what to think of it, but it got much cooler later in the story! It kept me on edge until the end.
Faizan
Jul 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
the language is irritating..
the songs are stupid...

its headache... not able to continue.. sorry.. ☹☹☹
Lucie
Thank you Netgalley for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

Picking up this book, I was pretty excited: the blurb seemed great, and even though most ratings weren't that positive, I was confident I would enjoy my read.
I wouldn't say that I didn't enjoy it, because there were parts which I found really good, but the whole book was rather confusing for me.

But there was something I did hate: the characters. I couldn't stand Lark (in both versions), and even though I admir
Davianna
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an addicting, mind bending read about how the choices we make affect us. I was kept on the edge of my seat as Lark figured out what was happening to her and the twists were fantastic! The book was fast paced, well written, and had an eerie nuance that pulled me in from the first chapter.

I can’t say I really liked Lark, she fell head over heels for Alec and neglects her friends for one and in her parallel life she takes up stealing which I couldn’t for the life of me grasp why. At the sa
Jessica
All my reviews can be found at: http://jessicasreadingroom.com
3.5 stars rounded up to four for GR:

I am not the target demographic for Me and Me. As an adult (though not a mom) I know what my decision would be. But as a teen, I can see how Lark was torn as she could only save one. This would be every teen girl’s nightmare. And Lark lives it; even worse she lives the after effects in two different lives!

I enjoyed the back and forth between the chapters of the two lives Lark ends up leading: The o
Kate I. Foley
DNF

The premise of this sounded so fantastic, I requested an ARC right away without knowing anything else about it. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. I got about 30% of the way in before I decided I couldn't do it anymore. Maybe if I didn't have so many books on my TBR already I would've stuck it out, but I couldn't rationalize spending reading time on a book I wasn't enjoying.

The writing was one of the biggest challenges for me to get through this. It read as juvenile and inexperienced. The di
Nicolette (FallingOverBooks)
ARC received thanks to publisher.

video review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dylB...

I was lucky enough to have requested and received my first physical arc! Thanks again to HCCFrenzy for sending me a copy, I really appreciate it!!

I’ve read 3 other books by Alice Kuipers and enjoyed them all. Me and Me is no different. This book had such an interesting premise, it captivating me from the beginning. 3/5 stars! I was a little confused at the first two chapters but then I understood how eac
Lindsey Emery
Oct 22, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was sent this book as in advance reading copy, I’m not sure why, as it’s clearly YA and I’m 35. At any rate, I felt obligated to read and review but as you can see, it took me nearly half a year and then a week of forced bedrest following surgery to finally finish it and it was just really not a good book. At all. Yikes. I don’t want to be mean-spirited and I’m sure the author spent a lot of time and energy writing this book, but it was not for me, and I don’t think I would have enjoyed it twe ...more
Jess
Sep 24, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've been trying for weeks, and I simply cannot get into this book. The premise is interesting, but the problem with novels that explore two different realities, is that I have to read a lot of the same things twice. This doesn't make for an exciting experience at all. Also, the song lyrics are really annoying.
Riya Sahu
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was an amazing read. I was a bit confused in the beginning about the switched perspectives, but once I realized what was happening, it was a fast paced exciting read.
Adriyanna Zimmermann
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. Review to come.
Riane
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wish I could give half stars. This was a 2.5 for me.
Melanie
Though it was somewhat confusing at times, I enjoyed Me and Me. The plot and idea behind it are very unique and interesting, and I was intrigued to see how it would all enfold. I found that the characters were realistic and I felt emotions right along with Lark and some of the others. The lyrics were good and I can definitely see them being incorporated into songs!
Alexa
*A copy of this book was provided to me by HarperCollins Canada*

Review: http://alexatalksbooks.blogspot.ca/20...
Katie B
Alice is enjoying her date with Alex in a canoe on the lake when she hears someone scream nearby. Annabelle, a little girl who Alice used to babysit, has fallen in the water and is struggling to stay above water. Alice and Alex jump into the water but Alex hits his head on a rock. With both of them in trouble Alice can only choose one to save. Who does she save? This book follows Alice as she seems to be living this parallel type life, one where she saves Annabelle and one where she picks Alex t ...more
Kelly Gunderman
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Check out this, other reviews, and more fun bookish things on my young adult book blog, Here's to Happy Endings!

I want to start out by saying that I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about Me and Me. I hadn't read anything by this author prior to going into this book, but once I started reading it, I felt a need to finish it. It's rare that I have time to finish an entire book in one day lately, but this one I made an exception for, because it really pulled me into the story, into the characte
Lily (latestreads)
3.5 Stars

*Thank you to NetGalley and Kids Can Press Loft for providing me with this ARC. Please know that these opinions are all my own and that they are honest.

Me and Me was based on such an exciting concept! When there is a fork in the road, doesn't everyone want to see how each choice plays out? Me and Me talks about Lark's fork in the road, whether she should choose to save her new boyfriend or the little girl that is drowning. While I loved the concept, I just felt as if it was executed in
Minh Au
The premise, as well as the general direction, of the novel is really good. Alice Kuipers has taken the who-would-you-choose scenario onto a whole new level. Unfortunately, the execution of the story has left a lot to be desired.

First of all, the main character, Lark, is so hard to like. It is frustrating to see her either fall boy crazy for Alec in one life or become fixated on work and develop a tendency for stealing in the other. While I understand that Kuipers is trying to portray two diffe
Alice
Nov 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, thanks to NetGalley and Kids Can Press for approving my request and sending me an eARC in exchange for a honest review.
You have to know English isn’t my first language, so feel free to correct me if I make some mistakes while writing this review.

On her birthday, Lark has a first date with Alec on the lake - she even meets the Fields family, whose daughter she used to babysit.
Everything seems perfect until Suzanne Fields calls for help: her daughter Annabelle is face down in the wa
Salieri
Sep 24, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I remember loving Life on the Refrigerator Door, by Alice Kuipers, so when I saw Me and Me, by the same author and with an intriguing concept, I was very excited to read it. Unfortunately I was very disappointed. The concept is the only thing I ended up liking.

First of all, it's super short but it took me weeks to get through. I don't know what happened, I knew Kuipers style, I often read YA, so I have no clue as to why I was so bored trying to read Me and Me. I can't explain it, but until the l
Michele
Oct 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Alice Kuipers
KCP Loft Publishing
3***

It’s a beautiful day for Lark’s first date with the gorgeous Alec. She’s been waiting for this day for a long time. Not a cloud in the sky, clear blue water and a canoe on the lake sets up Lark’s birthday date. All is going splendidly when a child’s scream rents the air. Annabelle, a child Lark used to babysit, is in the water and in distress. Her mother is not able to get to her. Lark and Alec both dive in to save the girl but Alec hits his head on a
Vesper Dreams
Aug 04, 2018 rated it liked it

See this review and more by clicking the logo!

Much like every book I choose to read, I requested this because of the summary. The first question I had to ask myself was if I was ready to go through a possible heartbreak because of a story about a girl that has to make an important, drastic decision that can be life-altering. Bringing in parallel lives helped in my decision to read it, for sure, and I was more than ready to dive into the book.

Lark isn't my type of character, however. She let
Tika
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it

Review

This YA contemporary read deals with the 'what if's' in the aftermath of an accident on the lake. It begins with our main character, Lark is on a date with Alec, a boy from school whom she has liked for a while. They are canoeing in the lake where they come across Lark's former babysitting charge, Annabelle, who has fallen overboard of her parents' canoe. Lark and
Jenn (The Book Refuge)

I was very intrigued by the premise of this book.

"On Lark's 17th birthday she goes out in a canoe with her new boyfriend and they enjoying themselves when a tragedy happens.

A little girl she used to babysit, Annabelle, is drowning the reeds near by. When Alec jumps in to help, he hits his head and begins to drown as well. Lark has to make a choice of who to save.

That choice then splits her in two. In one reality, Alec is in a coma. In the other, Annabelle is. Which life is the right one? Can sh
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
 photo Goodreads-icon_zps520d2a85.png Google-Plus-Icon Tumblr-icon YouTube-Icon Email-Icon

Free Online Writing Course? Sign up here: eepurl.com/bA03lH

I was born in London, England, and I moved to Canada in 2003 when I fell in love with a Canadian. We live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, which took a while for me to learn how to spell. I have four children, a girl and three boys.

My first novel, Life on the Refrigerator Door, was published in 29 countries, won several awards an