Start by marking “The Intuitive Eating Workbook: Ten Principles for Nourishing a Healthy Relationship with Food” as Want to Read:

Do you use food to comfort yourself during stressful times? The Intuitive Eating Workbook offers a comprehensive, evidence-based program to help you develop a healthy relationship with food, pay attention to cues of hunger and satisfaction, and cultivate a profound connection with your mind and body.

Have you tried fad diet after fad diet, only to gain weight back? Maybe you’ve tried
Published April 1st 2017 by New Harbinger Publications

To ask other readers questions about The Intuitive Eating Workbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Intuitive Eating Workbook

Start your review of The Intuitive Eating Workbook: Ten Principles for Nourishing a Healthy Relationship with Food
Anastasia
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not very helpful to me, but that may be because I was reading this as I was reading the book at the same time and the information in this workbook is very redundant. My advice, pick one or the other, don't try to read the book and do this workbook at the same time.
Christopher Lawson
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Throw Out Diet Books That Offer You False Hope

THE INTUITIVE EATING WORKBOOK re-presents the 10 principles, as discussed in the author’s prior books on this same subject. The difference is, this book is not meant to just present the principles; rather, it is designed to take the reader into practical action. So, this book is much more of a practical, “hands-on” tutorial with tons of surveys, questions and worksheets.

There is a LOT to consider in this book. It will not be a quick read
Bri
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely book. I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway, and was unsure on what to expect. The book was quite intriguing, truly a workbook. It aids in the realization of various aspects of relationships that you may have with food. I enjoyed the interactive sections of the book, which composed a great deal of it, but paired with the sections giving facts on the responses you had, the chapters really seemed to flow. I highly reccommend this book to anyone working towards developing or enhanci ...more
Nancy
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this workbook. It helps you explore the reasons you eat and leads to a healthier relationship with food.
Belén
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books
I requested it from netgalley today.
This book aims to make you rethink your relationship with food. It is actually very useful. It is a book with a lot of questions and exercises about eating, dieting and every other food-related aspects.
Stan Golev
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health-fitness
A short version of Intuitive Eating by the same authors with the addition of some suggestions for implementing Intuitive Eating principles in your daily life.

The workbook contains some interesting ideas and may be useful if you prefer/desperately need to be navigated through the process step by step and have no problem with tracking a lot of stuff (food-related + general psychological well-being assessment) and thinking deeply about it.

IMHO, any method of tracking (especially of you
Michael Burns
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent companion to the Intuitive Eating book

I recommend this work book to anyone who has any kind of disordered eating! This is the way to have your cake and eat it too! (Pun intended caringly!) These authors are both Registered Nutritionists and awesome as well! Read their bios!
Their book and workbook have helped me chuck out all negative comments and ignore the rubbish I hear from social media and commercial diets.
I lift weights and love cardio and I am now in the best
Heather
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
This was such an applicable workbook to go with their book Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Program That Works, which I had picked up used a few months ago. Overall, I enjoy the way they portray dieting, eating well, and weight loss in this book and I agree with the principles. I am hoping that I can break some emotional eating and yo-yoing by continuing to refer to this workbook, and I think I will pick it up in print to make that a little bit easier to follow along with.
Vincci
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This workbook does a wonderful job reviewing the 10 principles of intuitive eating, and provides practical exercises and prompts for each. While reading Intuitive Eating is helpful, this book stands alone. Working through it, I think not every exercise will resonate with everyone, and at times I felt there was more imperative language than I was comfortable with. Still, a great resource for those looking to heal their relationship with food.
Catherine
Good book. For me the info that felt right wasn’t until after the fifth chapter. Too much info that was frivolous for me. Read the library copy with the thought that if it was really good I would buy a copy. Library copy was enough.
Jessietaylortanner
LOVE the book on which this workbook is based, but I personally found this unnecessary. I took copious notes in the original book, creating many insights rendering this workbook largely unnecessary. I can see how it could be useful though.
Ruth
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Life changing. I have purchased and started going through the workbook. As a brand new health coach, I plan on becoming certified in intuitive eating - that's how important this is.
Dina
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very great book about having a healthy relationship with food.
Mskychick
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alb-ebook
This didn’t entirely work for me as an intermittent faster, but there are a lot of good ideas in it. I’m going to look for the original full book on which this workbook is based.
Emily Locke
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a helpful workbook to accompany the Intuitive Eating book.
Camila
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you read Intuitive Eating and feel that those concepts are helpful to you, I highly recommend you go ahead and get this workbook. Just don't do what I did and rush through some chapters because you were eager to get to certain principles. Not a good idea.
I'm grateful to the authors for putting this workbook together. This is really the tool that I needed, and it has helped me improve in so many areas. Truly thankful.
Toyin A
Mar 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Evelyn and Elyse define intuitive eating as the process of honouring our health by paying attention to the messages of our body.

As this is a Workbook, the authors advice how it should be used. They explain the 10 principles of intuitive eating and provide practical exercises to show the reader how to eat intuitively.

Out of the 10 principles, my favourite was the 8th principle - “Respect your body”. It encourages the reader to surrender to the body they are meant to have a
Beth
Tracy Simmons
Apr 27, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Beautiful You: A Daily Guide to Radical Self-Acceptance
  • Body Kindness:  Transform Your Health from the Inside Out—and Never Say Diet Again
  • A Blueprint for Your Castle in the Clouds: Make the Inside of Your Head Your Favorite Place to Be
  • From a Polish Country House Kitchen: 90 Recipes for the Ultimate Comfort Food
  • When Women Stop Hating Their Bodies: Freeing Yourself from Food and Weight Obsession
  • Two Whole Cakes: How to Stop Dieting and Learn to Love Your Body
  • The Wholesome Baby Food Guide: Over 150 Easy, Delicious, and Healthy Recipes from Purees to Solids
  • In Memory's Kitchen: A Legacy from the Women of Terezin
  • Dinner Solved! 100 Ingenious Recipes That Make the Whole Family Happy, Including You!
  • Food Swings: 125+ Recipes to Enjoy Your Life of Virtue and Vice
  • Low-Fodmap and Vegan: What to Eat When You Can't Eat Anything
  • Eat Pretty Live Well: A Guided Journal for Nourishing Beauty, Inside and Out (Food Journal, Health and Diet Journal, Nutritional Books)
  • The Bon Appetit Food Lover's Cleanse: Fresh, Whole-Food Eating with a Two-Week Plan for Every Season, Including 140 Recipes
  • A Patient's Guide to PCOS: Understanding--and Reversing--Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
  • RETOX: Yoga*Food*Attitude Healthy Solutions for Real Life
  • The Detox Kitchen Bible
  • Constant Craving: What Your Food Cravings Mean and How to Overcome Them
  • Body of Truth: Change Your Life by Changing the Way You Think about Weight and Health
Evelyn Tribole, MS, RD is an award-winning registered dietitian, with a nutrition counseling practice in Newport Beach, California. She has written seven books including the bestsellers Healthy Homestyle Cooking and Intuitive Eating(co-author). Her newest book is the Ultimate Omega-3 Diet.

Evelyn was the nutrition expert for Good Morning America, appearing from 1994-’95 and was a nation