Start by marking “The Intuitive Eating Workbook: Ten Principles for Nourishing a Healthy Relationship with Food” as Want to Read:

Do you use food to comfort yourself during stressful times? The Intuitive Eating Workbook offers a comprehensive, evidence-based program to help you develop a healthy relationship with food, pay attention to cues of hunger and satisfaction, and cultivate a profound connection with your mind and body.

Have you tried fad diet after fad diet, only to gain weight back? Maybe yo
Published April 1st 2017 by New Harbinger Publications

Start your review of The Intuitive Eating Workbook: Ten Principles for Nourishing a Healthy Relationship with Food
Anastasia
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not very helpful to me, but that may be because I was reading this as I was reading the book at the same time and the information in this workbook is very redundant. My advice, pick one or the other, don't try to read the book and do this workbook at the same time. ...more
Christopher Lawson
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Throw Out Diet Books That Offer You False Hope

THE INTUITIVE EATING WORKBOOK re-presents the 10 principles, as discussed in the author’s prior books on this same subject. The difference is, this book is not meant to just present the principles; rather, it is designed to take the reader into practical action. So, this book is much more of a practical, “hands-on” tutorial with tons of surveys, questions and worksheets.

There is a LOT to consider in this book. It will not be a quick read—especially
Bri
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely book. I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway, and was unsure on what to expect. The book was quite intriguing, truly a workbook. It aids in the realization of various aspects of relationships that you may have with food. I enjoyed the interactive sections of the book, which composed a great deal of it, but paired with the sections giving facts on the responses you had, the chapters really seemed to flow. I highly reccommend this book to anyone working towards developing or enhanci ...more
Nancy
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this workbook. It helps you explore the reasons you eat and leads to a healthier relationship with food.
Michael Burns
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent companion to the Intuitive Eating book

I recommend this work book to anyone who has any kind of disordered eating! This is the way to have your cake and eat it too! (Pun intended caringly!) These authors are both Registered Nutritionists and awesome as well! Read their bios!
Their book and workbook have helped me chuck out all negative comments and ignore the rubbish I hear from social media and commercial diets.
I lift weights and love cardio and I am now in the best physical conditio
Camila
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you read Intuitive Eating and feel that those concepts are helpful to you, I highly recommend you go ahead and get this workbook. Just don't do what I did and rush through some chapters because you were eager to get to certain principles. Not a good idea.
I'm grateful to the authors for putting this workbook together. This is really the tool that I needed, and it has helped me improve in so many areas. Truly thankful.
Belén
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books
I requested it from netgalley today.
This book aims to make you rethink your relationship with food. It is actually very useful. It is a book with a lot of questions and exercises about eating, dieting and every other food-related aspects.
Ruth
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Life changing. I have purchased and started going through the workbook. As a brand new health coach, I plan on becoming certified in intuitive eating - that's how important this is. ...more
Heather
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
This was such an applicable workbook to go with their book Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Program That Works, which I had picked up used a few months ago. Overall, I enjoy the way they portray dieting, eating well, and weight loss in this book and I agree with the principles. I am hoping that I can break some emotional eating and yo-yoing by continuing to refer to this workbook, and I think I will pick it up in print to make that a little bit easier to follow along with. ...more
Vincci
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This workbook does a wonderful job reviewing the 10 principles of intuitive eating, and provides practical exercises and prompts for each. While reading Intuitive Eating is helpful, this book stands alone. Working through it, I think not every exercise will resonate with everyone, and at times I felt there was more imperative language than I was comfortable with. Still, a great resource for those looking to heal their relationship with food.
Jill Frederickson
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This workbook breaks up the guidelines for becoming an intuitive eater into very doable lessons. It includes lots of reflection and applied personal experiments to reinforce the concepts and give the reader practice in eating with a new attitude. Helpful suggestions abound and support behavior change with actions to incorporate in daily life.
Dana-Iulia
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If I could rate more than five stars, I would.
This is the type of message we need in the today's world: a compassionate, calm, reassuring stance on food, one that normalizes the experience of eating from multiple points of view.
I'm sure I will be returning to this book and to the practices taught here for years to come.
Catherine
Good book. For me the info that felt right wasn’t until after the fifth chapter. Too much info that was frivolous for me. Read the library copy with the thought that if it was really good I would buy a copy. Library copy was enough.
Jessietaylortanner
LOVE the book on which this workbook is based, but I personally found this unnecessary. I took copious notes in the original book, creating many insights rendering this workbook largely unnecessary. I can see how it could be useful though.
Cali Bakker
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It contains good summaries and overviews from the Intuitive Eating book by the same authors. The workbook has excellent, thought provoking questions to help you through the intuitive eating process.
Rebekah Weaver
May 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm not really the target audience for this book since it's aimed for people who have been serial dieters, but it was still really helpful. ...more
Becca Kinsella
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really liked all of the activities associated with this book about ditching dieting mentality and tuning into our body's hunger cues and other health indications outside of weight and diets. ...more
Chelsea Harris
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you are planning on reading Intuitive Eating, definitely get the workbook as well! I've gotten my life, health, and food freedom back thanks to the work I did in this book. Highly recommend! ...more
Dina
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very great book about having a healthy relationship with food.
Mskychick
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alb-ebook
This didn’t entirely work for me as an intermittent faster, but there are a lot of good ideas in it. I’m going to look for the original full book on which this workbook is based.
Emily Locke
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a helpful workbook to accompany the Intuitive Eating book.
Toyin A
Mar 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Evelyn and Elyse define intuitive eating as the process of honouring our health by paying attention to the messages of our body.

As this is a Workbook, the authors advice how it should be used. They explain the 10 principles of intuitive eating and provide practical exercises to show the reader how to eat intuitively.

Out of the 10 principles, my favourite was the 8th principle - “Respect your body”. It encourages the reader to surrender to the body they are meant to have and treat it respectfully
Jess Kimmet
Nov 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read through this quickly, without doing the activities, because this one was available from my library when the main IE book wasn’t. Even that much was revolutionary, and these principles are really helpful. I’m going to order my own copy of this to work through the exercises properly when I have the time.
Shelby York
May 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This workbook completely changed my perspective on not only my own eating habits and beliefs, but societies. Having recovered from an eating disorder a couple years ago, I found this workbook to be incredibly helpful when striving to unwind myself from the crap society has been feeding me about diets, body image, and when we should and shouldn't eat. I'm usually wary about books like these, in fear of purchasing a book full of general information anyone can find on the internet, but it genuinely ...more
Beth
Sep 03, 2020
Michelle
Sep 08, 2018

• Health at Every Size: The Surprising Truth About Your Weight
  • Anti-Diet: Reclaim Your Time, Money, Well-Being, and Happiness Through Intuitive Eating
  • Body Kindness:  Transform Your Health from the Inside Out—and Never Say Diet Again
  • The F*ck It Diet: Eating Should Be Easy
  • Body Respect: What Conventional Health Books Get Wrong, Leave Out, and Just Plain Fail to Understand about Weight
  • Sick Enough: A Guide to the Medical Complications of Eating Disorders
  • The Body Is Not an Apology: The Power of Radical Self-Love
  • Retrain Your Brain: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in 7 Weeks: A Workbook for Managing Depression and Anxiety
  • Things No One Will Tell Fat Girls: A Handbook for Unapologetic Living
  • Big Girl: How I Gave Up Dieting and Got a Life
  • The Wild Unknown Tarot Guidebook
  • Fearing the Black Body: The Racial Origins of Fat Phobia
  • Kick Me: Adventures in Adolescence
  • Own Death
  • Fargo Rock City: A Heavy Metal Odyssey in Rural North Dakota
  • Run Fast. Eat Slow.
  • The Body Image Workbook: An Eight-Step Program for Learning to Like Your Looks
  • Trianimals: Color Me Dog: 60 Color-by-Number Geometric Artworks with Bark
Evelyn Tribole, MS, RD is an award-winning registered dietitian, with a nutrition counseling practice in Newport Beach, California. She has written seven books including the bestsellers Healthy Homestyle Cooking and Intuitive Eating(co-author). Her newest book is the Ultimate Omega-3 Diet.

Evelyn was the nutrition expert for Good Morning America, appearing from 1994-’95 and was a national spokesper

News & Interviews

Looking for a fictional meet-cute in the new year? We've got some steamy novels for you to snuggle up with, including Casey McQuiston's...