Start by marking “A Wedding in Cornwall (Cornwall #1)” as Want to Read:
A Wedding in Cornwall (Cornwall #1)

A Wedding in Cornwall

(A Wedding in Cornwall #1)

It’s the career move of a lifetime, and Julianne can’t believe it’s hers: a position as an event planner at a country house in Cornwall, England, beginning with the wedding of a celebrity! If her old firm's senior planner back in the States hadn't fallen suddenly sick with the chicken pox, Julianne would never have found herself chosen for a life in one of England's most b ...more
Published August 11th 2016 (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Wedding in Cornwall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Wedding in Cornwall

DJ Sakata
A quick and pleasant start to a popular series that has been out for two years, but I failed to notice. It was a sweet and gentle novella featuring Julianne, an American event planner who, due to a coworker’s illness, was getting her big break and a chance to be independent and plan a celebrity wedding if she was willing to move halfway around the world to a small village in Cornwall, England with a difficult name to pronounce – Ceffylgwyn – so many consonants! Of course, she was eager to do so ...more
Zoe
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a lighthearted, warm, delightful novella that reminds us that not everyone’s prince charming needs to be regal.

The story takes place on the majestic cliffs of the Cornwall countryside and is truly a love letter to the rugged landscape, delicious food, and beautiful flora found there.

The writing is remarkably descriptive. The plot is well-developed, with a good mix of drama and romantic tension. And the characters are intriguing, likeable, and incredibly charming.

Overall this is an adorab
Nicola Clough
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a short story that was good but took me a short while to get into it. Julianne gets offered a dream job to go to Cornwall from America to be an events organiser and she has her first job as planning for a wedding does it go to plant and does she settle in to village life.
Fleur
Apr 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: free-book
Brain candy.
Alison Winter
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A feel good story, nothing not like about it. Characters that can be related to, the story is a bit predictable but doesn't affect the enjoyment of the story.
Abbie
Aug 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: august-2016
A Wedding in Cornwall was the perfect, light-hearted read to pass the time away on a rainy, miserable ‘summer’ day here in the UK. At 91 pages it is a novella, but as the saying goes good things come in small packages.

Julianne, an events co-ordinator from Seattle, has landed her dream job as events co-ordinator at the grand Cliffs House in Cornwall. Her first job is organising a wedding for an A list celeb couple who don‘t make her first job easy!

I warmed to Julianne immediately and loved her A
Ted Tayler
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
"OK, if you like this sort of thing"

I have only visited Cornwall on a handful of occasions. The last time was in 1993, at the height of summer. It rained throughout the whole two weeks of our holiday. I tried to convince my three children each cloudburst was a 'clearing-up storm' but it never happened. Why did I mention that? After that experience I vowed never to return. This book falls into the same category. I'm sure there are lovers of this fluffy nonsense who will love it and follow the ser
Rizwan
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
It's like trying to drink from an empty glass. The motions are intact, but that thirst isn't getting quenched anytime soon.
Marjorie
Dec 26, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

The first thing that strikes you about the book is that the author has probably never set foot on British soil, let alone visited the places she is writing about. There is much that is American about the book and very little that is British, from the language to the locales none of it ever really feels centred in the locale that it purports so proudly to be set in. Strangely this was not an insurmountable problem for me as the writing is breezy and moves the plot along at a generous pac
Suzanne Rogerson
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I won this book in an online competition.

This was a sweet little novella that I would've easily devoured it in one sitting if life didn't get in the way.

The author admits from that start that she's never been to Cornwall and this did fill me with apprehension, but I need not have worried. There were one or two details that might leap out at people who know the area well, but for me I was transported to Cornwall. I especially liked the visit to The Lost Gardens of Heligan, which is a family favou
Rosemary
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of cozy mysteries
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
A Wedding in Cornwall - a review by Rosemary Kenny

American-born assistant wedding planner Julianne lands the job of a lifetime in a country house hotel as a sole events manager in this charming cozy mystery by Laura Briggs.
With full responsibility for organizing the up-coming marriage of a famous footballer and his equally famous fashion model bride-to-be, Julianne's naturally nervous, especially when she gets off on the wrong foot with the taciturn gardener, Matt Rose.

Who demolishes the specia
SANDYE
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-discovery
Good short romance story

I didn't realize this was a shorter romance story, well not as short as it actually is anyway. I thought I had about 60 pages left in the story, those pages thought were deleted scenes and excerpts from the other books in the series. It's a cute story with a young woman being hired as an event planned at an established country estate in Cornwall, England. While planning her first event, a high profile celebrity wedding, she calls in love with the man in charge of the gard
Lesley
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Well, it's exactly the kind of book I've been enjoying for several months now, but it took me a long time to get into it, and then it seemed to come all together within just a few pages, as if the middle of the book hadn't been added almost!

I have some more in the series, but I've gone onto something completely different and may go back to the series.

But I certainly don't have the feeling of "get onto the next one immediately"
Lynne Watts
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lovely holiday read

A nice holiday read. Not too much description about Cornwall but places recognised from holidays in the area years ago. Am now going to read the series and anything else by the author. Was good to see how the main character adapted to a different way of life and more importantly how the local people took to her. The author had researched the local food and also plants and flowers. Would recommend this book.
lynn
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pity it was such a short story

Although I rated this book 5 stars, as it was an easy reader and you felt like being part of the story, it was captivating and couldn't be put down, I was disappointed that the story ended so abruptly which means you would have to buy the next book to find out what happens or make up your own ending
Laura Reading
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful start to a charming series. I like the characters and how they are getting to know each other. Friendships are being made. The romance part of this first in series is not overwhelming, but gentle as becomes a great and enduring series.
I also liked learning more about the Cornish history and customs.
Katie Oliver
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Spend time in Cornwall with this fun, romantic read

A Wedding in Cornwall by Laura Briggs is an enjoyable read with likable characters and an absorbing storyline. I particularly appreciated reading about the Cornish landscape, language, and especially the foods, which made me want to visit!

I will definitely be reading more books in this charming series.
Sandra thomas
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cornwall

Enjoyed this one. A nice, comfy read which gave pleasure without involving remembering complicated characters and plots. Setting it in Cornwall makes it more pleasurable for the reader as it reminds many of happy holidays. Will read more of this series in time when I have gone through some of the other books I have stored on my kindle
Marie Godley
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cornwall perfection

Cornwall has a special place in my heart which made reading this book all the more fun as mentions of towns that are important to me were on the page conjuring images of being there. The story was good with characters you want to cheer on as well as those you hate.
Daisy Girl
Oct 24, 2018 rated it liked it
A quick, easy read. Apparently there are 12 in the series but they're all short like this one. The sort of book I like to read when I'm tired or ill and don't want to concentrate too much, or travelling :)
Suzanne
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
American girl gets a job in Cornwall as an Event planner at a Country House. Her first task is a celebrity wedding. Follows her antics and a potential romance in her race against time to organise a perfect event. Although a fictional village, some place names are accurate - loved the visit to The Lost Gardens of Heligan - beautiful place to go. Would read another by this Author.
Paula Strome
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good Clean Romance

I have yet to be disappointed by a Laura Briggs novel, and this was no exception! FYI: it was a little on the short side, though, and ended rather abruptly.
Joanne
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
A sweet story but wish it could have had all that went with it. Good understanding of Cornwall
Heidi
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet

A nice easy read. Quite a basic story with no deeper plot. Will probably read the sequel to see what happens next but would like a bit more depth to the story.
Natalie Bachiri
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love how the characters evolved through the book. Looking forward to the next in the series.
Brenda Warner
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2017
liked this book very easy reading and light hearted. I have found there is a series of 4 so will read them as and when. Only a short read excellent.
Barbara Hopkinson
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful romance

A beautiful romantic story based on lovely cornwall. A wedding planner from America and a english gardener sparksgg is fly.
Nina
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shoes jn Cornwall

Beautiful scenery, shoes and romance plus an oggi what a splendid read. Highly recommend. Cannot wait to read the next one.
Evonne Hutton
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
A gentle, sweet romance that is quite well written
Mary Martin
May 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Enjoyable and short. I haven’t quite figured out why two scenes were deleted and then put at the end of the story.

• Summer at the Dog & Duck (Dog and Duck)
  • Surrender
  • The Young Heart (The Nordic Heart #0)
  • Bells and Bows on Mistletoe Row
  • Over My Dead Body (Father Frank Mysteries #2)
  • Naked Truths
  • Sign of the Times
  • Nail Your Novel Instant Fix: 100 tips for fascinating characters
  • The Suicide Plan
  • Implicated
  • Divorcees.Biz
  • Good Girl Gone (Charlie Easton)
  • More Than One Kind
  • Separate Lives
  • Teatime with Mrs. Grammar Person
  • A Little Book of Christmas
  • Summer of Secrets
  • Raw Material (DI Beatrice Stubbs, #2)
Laura Briggs is the bestselling author of multiple lighthearted romance books, including the Amazon UK Top 100's LATE TO THE WEDDING and the popular A WEDDING IN CORNWALL series. Since her debut with Pelican Book Group's inspirational novella ONLY IN NOVELS, she has worked both with publishers and as an independent author, as well as partnering with others writers, including working under a pen na ...more

A Wedding in Cornwall (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • A Christmas in Cornwall (A Wedding in Cornwall #2)
  • A Cottage in Cornwall (A Wedding in Cornwall Book 3)
  • A Manor in Cornwall (A Wedding in Cornwall #4)
  • A Bake Off in Cornwall (A Wedding in Cornwall Book 5)
  • A Castle in Cornwall (A Wedding in Cornwall Book 6)
  • A Romance in Cornwall (A Wedding in Cornwall Book 7)
  • A Star in Cornwall (A Wedding in Cornwall Book 8)
  • A Sewing Circle in Cornwall (A Wedding in Cornwall Book 9)
  • A Talent Show in Cornwall (A Wedding in Cornwall Book 10)
  • An American in Cornwall (A Wedding in Cornwall Book 11)
“Lydia is an excellent student! She's a clever girl, only these teachers are such sticklers for having all papers and tests completed, and they leave no room for judging her by her own merit.” 0 likes
“See what I mean by ‘magical’? This was the grown- up equivalent to a kid’s Disneyland fantasy. I was definitely enchanted by photos I viewed of Cornwall online, and the Travel Channel's episode I watched on England's southern counties made me even more desperate to land the position before a lucky rival could snatch it up.” 0 likes