Start by marking “Undeclared (Burnham College, #2)” as Want to Read:
Undeclared (Burnham College, #2)

Undeclared

(Burnham College #2)

Kellan McVey is Burnham College’s most prolific athlete, partier, and ladies’ man — and that’s just how he likes it. Returning to reign for his third year, he wants nothing to change. Then Andrea Walsh shows up.

It wasn’t too long ago that Andi and Kellan were lifelong friends, mortal enemies, and, for one hot summer, more. Then Kellan left and Andi stayed behind.

Kellan th
Published February 27th 2017 by Julianna Keyes

To ask other readers questions about Undeclared, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undeclared

Melissa
Jul 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Undecided was a complete gem, earning a spot as one of my top reads of 2016; so naturally, I was giddy at the thought of jumping back into campus life at Burnham College.

Let me just get it over with and put this out there - Kellan is no Crosbie. Not even close.

Kellan, Crosbie’s best friend and Nora’s old roommate, was the quintessential frat guy, in book one. Can you say total douchebag? He checked the requisite boxes for every cliché, so there’s no point in avoiding the obvious; he started this
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.25”Kellan 2.0” STARS

description

What happens when the best looking guy at school who is the highest scorer on the Burnham’s bathroom hook list’s childhood friend, nemesis/lover arrives with a partial scholarship to campus?

”She’s not my first anything – Well, okay, she’s not my first love –“ They gasp on cue and cover their mouths joyfully. “Walsh is number one on the sex list?” Dane exclaims. “Oh man. Everything makes so much sense and yet no sense at all.”

description

Andi hasn’t really spoken to Kellan since the
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult

➦Here I go again with yet another new adult college romance this week. I think I've reached my quota for the month. lol!

➦I absolutely loved the first book in the series - it has pretty unique characters, good writing and an interesting plot. And guess what? This one has it all too PLUS the humor which I don't remember the first book having. I was actually surprised at how much chuckling was happening while reading this.

➦Now, the characters are interesting but that's not to say that every reader
Alyssa

Book Two of the Burnham College series
Publication Date: February 27, 2017
Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from NetGalley

***Warning: this is a New Adult book, and for the eyes of mature readers***

Summary (from Goodreads):

Kellan McVey is Burnham College’s most prolific athlete, partier, and ladies’ man—and that’s just how he likes it. Returning to reign for his third year, he wants nothing to change. Then Andrea Walsh shows up.
♥Rachel♥
Feb 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I loved Undecided! Crosbie and Nora’s romance just ticked all the boxes for me. I read and enjoyed Undeclared, Kellan’s story, in 24 hours, but I didn’t love it, and that basically came down to Kellan. Still, like I said I read the book in a short amount of time, hooked by the story.

I adored Andi, and felt bad for her, because it was inferred that Kellan somehow broke her heart before he left for college. She wasn’t mean to Kellan, when she really could’ve been. Andi’s priority was college, hav
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

I went back and forth about reading Kellan's book. I guess because I didn't want to read about another manwhore gone good. So imagine my surprise when that is exactly what happens except with a twist.

And that twist is Kellan's childhood friend and competitor, Andrea, aka Andi. He hasn't seen or spoken to her for two years and he doesn't know what he did to upset her but he's determined to find out...it just takes a while.

He's a little shocked to see her at his college when school starts
Sam (AMNReader)
Sometimes I'm just in the mood for NA. My last read kind of got me there. In reviewing my list, I decided to settle on Julianna Keyes since the first offering was so solid. I found myself recalling so much of that book that I'm not completely sure why I only rated it a 3, further solidifying the fact that I'm a moody reader.

Keyes has an unpretentious, realistic style. She's not sentimental or flowery, just pretty real. In this installment, we get to see everyone's favorite recovered gonorrhea pa
Mandy
When I first met Kellan in Undecided, I wasn't really sure if I liked him or not. He had good traits but there were things I didn't like about him. I'm so glad this author took a chance and gave Kellan his own story to tell because it was fantastic! There were parts that had me laughing out loud - some of the dialog between Kellan and his friends was absolutely hilarious. I really enjoyed the relationships he had with his friends and their witty banter. Kellan wasn't anything like I was expectin ...more
Brandie
Feb 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult, arc, read-2017
I think I'm broken. I don't know what is wrong with me but nothing I normally enjoy reading is working for me. I loved the first book in this series but something just didn't click with this one. I found myself rushing to finish it just to get it over with.
Grace {Rebel Mommy Book Blog}
Feb 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Review
Undecided was one of my top reads last year.It just had that special something that totally hooked me and made me fall in love with it. I was super excited to have more from this world but maybe I was a bit too excited. Undeclared definitely didn't have that same special quality but I did win up enjoying it still.

This book focuses on Kellan from the last book and his childhood friend (and at a time friend with benefits) in a kind of friends to lovers/second chance romance sort of story.
Maria Angelica
DNF 21%
Perdi completamente o interesse depois do "não é como as outras garotas".
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 “Jump” Stars!!!

I was surprised that this whole book was written from Kellan’s pov!!! It doesn’t happen a lot, and I truly believe that not every author can do it and do it well. But this author CAN and she DID!!! I really enjoyed Kellan’s pov. I honestly think that if it was an alternating pov, I would not have enjoyed it so much, and I think if it was only from Andrea’s pov, I probably wouldn’t have liked it at all. Lol. I liked that I was kept in the dark about what Andrea was thinking becau
Patrixia Lansangan
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I honestly have mixed feelings about this one...

It was cute and the concept is something great, but i felt the built up was the whole book.

There were no reassurance, it was like a maze the whole book and most of the times, i have to keep putting it down because the chapter never ends in a good note. It was always unfinished.

I like ending my reading of my day on a good note on the story but I never got that. Not till towards the end. Actually even towards the end..>.<

I loved the first boo
Jean
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 Stars

I know a lot of people didn't really like Kellan in the first book, but I had a soft spot for him, so I was curious to see how his story would turn out.

Turns out, all it took was a genuine friend from his past to bring him to his senses (and knees). Andrea (Andi) grew up next door to Kellan. They had that wonderful childhood where you were always together everyday, playing, fighting, getting into trouble, etc. No matter what happened between them, they always made up and were friends.
Melanie (mells_view)
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
 photo ED160437-C322-44A3-9C22-62764541AC16_zps6yzd4run.jpeg

Kellan went to college two years ago and decided to live it up. What we didn't know about Kellan is that he came to school after spending the summer LIVING with his childhood best frenemy. In Undecided Kellan ends up contacting an STI. Even though it's curable, it changes him. Now he's rethinking what started this whole LIVING mess in the first place, and that was Andi.

Tomboy Andi who always tagged along, and was always competing with him when they were younger. The Andi who hasn't talked to hi
Bubu
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, na, cr, read-2017
This is my fourth book by Julianna Keyes and her second NA novel.

Honestly, I don't know why she isn't more popular.

No, that's not quite right. Unlike other authors, Ms. Keyes creates very realistic characters, flawed and unsentimental. Which doesn't mean it isn't romantic. Undecided was very romantic. Undeclared has one of the most romantic endings I've read in a long time. But she works very unromantic elements (STD's!) into her stories that are simply real life occurrences which, quite hones
A_Ryan
3 Second Chance Stars

What's it about:
College Man-Slut realises that, after playing the field with more than 60 women, he was in love with his very first.

The best bits: Kellan is quite endearing, refardless of his flawed logic and poor choices. I love a good College romance. I love childhood friends-to- lovers. And I love a bit of humour. This book has all three.

The worst bit: I also love tension and passion and chemistry. This book had none.

Recommended for: Fans of the first book will l
nick
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it

3.5/5

I loved Undecided last year, LOVED. Despite that however, I was a little bit wary about Undeclared. I mean I was excited about it, but part of me was very nervous because I just wasn't that big of a fan of Kellan. He was a manwhore and a really gross one at that - I know I shouldn't judge but he slept with 63 women and most of whose names he couldn't even bother to remember. That's not swoony book boyfriend material. Still, I wanted to read this one at least for the Nora and Crosbie cameos.
bev
3/3.5
Evelyn Swift (Featherbrained Books)
ARCimage
I really enjoyed the first book of the Burnham College series Undecided but unfortunately this was not as good.

Remember Kellan McVey? The biggest player/frat boy on campus? Well, he is in shock after seeing Andrea Walsh attending Burnham College. Andi used to be Kellan’s closest friend, sometimes nemesis and for one summer before he left for college, his “friends with benefits”. He had no idea she is attending on a partial scholarship and wants to amend their friendship. As he spends time with
Rê
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it

4 “Player, Friends, Lists & Love” Stars

ARC provided by the author

Thank you!!

I just want to put it out there that while I’m not a fan of shirtless people on book covers, this one looks really beautiful. I like what the cover artist did here—it’s tasteful, romantic and sexy at the same time. *insert heart eyes emoji*

You know what else deserves a heart eyes emoji? This story. Damn, I really enjoyed this.

This is my second Julianna Keyes’ book and it definitely won’t be my last. I guess I can’t r
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
We have an excerpt and giveaway on the blog today - stop by to check it out!

3.5 - 4 stars
I enjoyed a look into Kellan 2.0's life...how he matured and grew as a character. I love the bantering and the author's writing is spot on. I felt that there was something I was missing...I still enjoyed the book but I just wanted more...maybe more time together, more communication, just more...I LOVE kellan and wished I enjoyed Andi's character more. This is still a
Lisa
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2017
I adore this writers style. so easy to become completely absorbed in her stories.

I was looking forward to seeing how this Hero was redeemed after being the total a@#hole in Undecided. But Im not convinced he was redeemed. Kellan is so totally self absorbed and concerned with his own image...I just couldnt care about him. And my lack of empathy for Kellan was then reflected in my desire to see the heroine Andi run very far away from him...and never look back. It didn't feel like a HEA that she ge
(Nat) Reading Romances
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it

The first book in the series, Undecided, was one of my top books of 2016. I was anxiously waiting to read Undeclared even before the blurb came out. I loved the premise since the friends to lovers trope is one of my favorites.

The novel was told entirely from Kellan’s POV, and while I liked the idea for this novel, Undeclared had a problematic and slow start. It dragged in the beginning, took some time for something to happen and get me hooked. I couldn’t connect to Kellan for the first 30% of
Alison
There's always trepidation reading the follow up book to one you really liked. Was it a fluke? Did the author just have that one great idea? Is the sequel going to be the same thing all over again? Well breathe easy, this is just as good as Undecided, it might even be better.

Kellen McVey was the douchebag from the first book. The one who had sex with Nora in a closet AND DIDN'T EVEN REMEMBER. The one who got his comeuppance when he found he had caught gonorrhoea and had to contact sixty-three wo
Briana Pacheco
I loved the first book in this series, Undecided, and you can say I was excited when I learned that Kellan was getting his own book. The author didn't disappoint! I may have cracked a smile here and there reading this book (because let's be honest, IT'S FUCKING FUNNY!) and I didn't want people to think I went insane with my excessive laughter, but on the inside I felt like this.

description

Kellan and Andi grew up together and it was as pleasant as hugging a cactus. I loved these two together. I loved the en
Liv | Books to Liv by
Title: Undeclared
Author: Julianna Keyes
Rating: 4 stars
HEA: (view spoiler)

" 'Of course,' she says him, flashing her fake smile. To anyone who doesn't know her, it will look genuine enough, but if you can't see the chipped tooth, it's not real. Crick buys it."

This novel was quite unexpected and I loved it. It was refreshing, well-thought, well-written and smartly developed. After so many NA, this one managed to grab my attention from the very start.
I haven't read t
Pamela
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Seriously? Is this guy for real? "Undeclared" is definitely the right title for this book. Though "undecided" would be even more fitting.

This book was told completey in the hero's POV, which was a nice change from all the dual or heroine's POVs you usually get in this kind of book. We met Kellan in book one of the Burnham College series. There he is Crosbie's best friend and the campus' very own manwhore. Now, one year later, things have changed due to an incident I won't go into detail about si
Jess
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was really good! I don't think I loved it as much as Undecided, but I did love Kellan's attempts to grow up and be a better, more complete person, while also still being the really good parts of himself that were already there. And Andi was pretty great, and I liked that she tried to protect herself as best she could, because YES.

Things I WTFed at: Burnham is suddenly an Ivy? LOL, no. That means a very specific set of schools, why would you do that. Also, if it WAS an Ivy (it's not) Andi co
Tori
Mar 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2017
I just didn't connect with this the same way I did Undecided.

(view spoiler)
  • Sigils and Spells
  • On the Ice (Stick Side, #1)
  • The Sound of Us (Radio Hearts, #1)
  • The Someday Girl (The Girl Duet, #2)
  • Playing with Fire (Magical Romantic Comedies, #1)
  • Revenge Bound (Tattoo Thief, #3)
  • My Life As A Country Album (My Life as an Album #1)
  • Full Count
  • Brandon Mills versus the V-Card (Prescott College, #2)
  • Studly Period (The Ivy Years, #5.5)
  • Iridescent
  • The Rivalry
  • Losing at Love (Outer Banks Tennis Academy, #2)
  • Catch and Release (Fishing for Trouble, #3)
  • Olympian Confessions: Hades and Persephone
  • Friend (With Benefits) Zone
  • Shut Out (Bayard Hockey, #1)
  • Sirens & Scales
Julianna Keyes is a Canadian writer who has lived on both coasts and several places in between. She's been skydiving, bungee jumping and white water rafting, but nothing thrills - or terrifies - her as much as the blank page. She loves Chinese food, foreign languages, baseball and television, not necessarily in that order, and will go to her grave swearing that 'ain't' is not a word. She has volun ...more

Burnham College (2 books)
  • Undecided (Burnham College, #1)
“Flattery will get you nowhere. But don’t let that stop you.” The” 1 likes