Start by marking “Platform Four” as Want to Read:
Platform Four

Platform Four

(Legacy Falls)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  61 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Every day for twenty years, a Mills family woman has manned the goods trolley at the Pleasant Street train station. Every day since the Second World War began, Ada Mills has watched the passengers come and go, secretly wishing for an adventure, a way out of Legacy Falls.

She never expected to find forever.

Garreth McGinnis only wanted a pack of smokes and a fresh baked scone
Paperback, 1st edition, 114 pages
Published October 28th 2016 by CreateSpace (first published October 5th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Platform Four, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Platform Four

Olga therebelreader
5 ‘The loveliest’ Stars

"It's true I've only ever spend a handful of hours with you and what I know of you comes from everything we've written, but I don't care so much about any of that. I only know that I've spent a good bit of this war falling in love with you, bit by bit, line by line, letter by letter."

I loved this book. It's like a roller coaster of emotions. The author brings to life a sweet romantic story of depth and emotion in a time when the world was full of hate and despair. There
Kindling Micky
This was some piece of wonderful, a war-time historical short read. This book literally put its hooks in and told a complete, in depth story and didn't let go to the last page. All previous war-time historical books I've read have been set in Europe or England. This book was set in the US, alongside European letters from the front and I really enjoyed this perspective.

Ada the heroine has a brief encounter only lasting a few hours with Irish Garreth.

"He seemed, well, genuine. Maybe it was the fla
Floripiquita
Nov 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Relato corto con una bonita historia.
Beth Simkanin
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Refreshing, Old-Fashioned Love Story with an Authentic 1940s Feel

I feel like I took a trip back in time today to when a generation worked hard, lived in fear of their men dying in battle and loved with a fierceness that only got stronger with time. Platform Four was such an authentic trip to the 1940s - I loved the slang, the description of the clothes and the way Ada and Garreth fall in love, through old-fashioned love letters. Eden Butler did a fantastic job with this World World II-era roma
Dai Alvarado
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cortito pero muy bonito.

Aunque esta ambientado en la guerra, un tema que no me atrae mucho, la autora se enfocó mucho más en toda la perdida, dolor y esperanzas que esta deja. Bastante lindo y me hizo sentir demasiadas emociones. Los personajes son un completo amor.
Trish Leger
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Superb writing from Eden! The 40's shines with emotion, real and biting, during wartime and the toll it puts on everyone.

The story is not full length but you still get great reading from Ada and Garreth and how the world can be cruel and beautiful at once. I enjoyed every single word. Butler always writes with crisp heart.

“Become transported to the past, pin curls, cigarette girls and war on the horizon with Platform Four by Eden Butler. The writing is crisp and full, a Norman Rockwell painting
Constanza Hernández
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Me encantó está historia !
La autora logra cautivarte totalmente con la historia y los personajes.
Totalmente recomendable y definitivamente no será el único libro que lea de esta autora.
Rebecca Wheeler
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful WW2 war romance!!

4 1/2 stars!!
Eden Butler is an author's name that has been going around my circle of book friends for a long time. So when I saw this beautiful book cover, was intrigued with a 1940's era WW2 war romance, I was in! I just needed something different, and the novella length appealed in my busy schedule. This definitely delivered!!
Danny Jeffery
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Platform Four was an utterly charming read.
Eden does an amazing job of transporting you back to 1943 and taking your mind to what it must have been like to wait on news from loved ones at war. This was a short read but it was packed full of emotion and it was lovely to read about a couple whose relationship develops through letters over a umber of years.
I really enjoyed this sincere and endearing romance.

I was gifted a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Krista Ricchi
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story, it transported me back in time to when love was easy and beautiful. By easy I mean love was more spur of the moment, now it seems we take more time to realize we love someone. The writing was perfection and the plot was original. The characters were easy to connect with and ones that gripped my heart. This book is filled with emotion that pours off the page. Eden really has a wonderful talent of writing books that will rock our soul and I can't wait to read her next book.
Desi
Awww que lindo libro!!

Me encantó, es cortito pero muy bueno. Es el primer libro que leo de esta autora y me ha sorprendido... todas las emociones y los sentimientos que trae la guerra a todos, tanto a los que se quedan como a los que tienen que ir al campo de batalla. Y dentro de este escenario una particular historia de amor... que aunque no han tenido tiempo para conocerse bien en persona, se van conociendo y enamorando por medio de cartas a lo largo de 2 años en que transcurre la 2da Guerra M
MJ
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-books, arc
What an absolutely lovely read! Platform Four - A Legacy Falls Romance tells the wartime story of a chance encounter between a soldier and a woman, at a train station in a small town. Ada, the strong-willed and loyal provider of snacks and cigarettes for the weary travelers she services daily meets Garreth, the native NYer with the Irish brogue, going off to fight the Germans during WWII. Their easy banter, their polite flirting and their stolen glances in the 5 hours they spend together are jus ...more
Rebecca Wheeler
4 1/2 stars!!
This was so lovely!! I appreciated the author's research and attention to detail, creating an authentic feel to that time. The language, the clothes, the slang... I felt
Heather Weston-Confer
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Platform Four is a beautiful, historical romance with once again fantastic writing from Eden Butler. As always Ms. Butler has a way with words that is incredibly descriptive and helps the reader feel a part of the story. While the story is short it is full of all the feels and takes the reader back in a time to the 1940s. The characters are full of love, heartbreak and life. Ms. Butler does an amazing job portraying the struggles of the time period and the emotions involved with life during WWII ...more
Linda Cotter
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing and breathtaking!
This is a short story, but nothing about it feels short! The fears, dreams and hopes, that I can only imagine going through everyone in the 40's, is just as relative today. Watching this couple, no matter how short their time was, fall in love through the war was emotional.
With fear holding my heart, I followed their story and prayed right along with them.
A definite must read to add to your shelf!!
Biondatina
They meet on Platform Four she the sweet, innocent, strong-willed and hopeful Ada and he the handsome, kind, polite and brave Garreth. The story begins when they start writing each other letters...

It is easy to fall in love with their story, waiting on letters and telegrams, hoping for the best but fearing for the worst.

Mrs Butler does amazing job with a time travel, giving us the fears and struggles, dreams and hopes of the generation of 1940s before but after the WWII.
Karin Gesell
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story tears at your heart strings. You fall in love with their story and actually feel like you are in that time, waiting on letters and telegrams, hoping for the best. And also shedding some tears. I sat on the edge of my seat with this, because I totally fell in love with the characters. As will you. So hurry up & read it!!
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Not one to shy away from Eden Butler's books, I was curious if I would enjoy a period piece but I was pleasantly surprised!! Love love love the letters and the lingo. Made me tear up and I loved being able to read about that kind of epic, romantic connection. Such courage and strength. Ugh. So good.
Judy Lovely
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet romance

Butler's addition to the Legacy Falls Romance series is simply beautiful. A love that grows through letters after a chance meeting on Platform Four near the end of WWII. A different approach than her earlier works, this story is all about feelings and following your dreams. Highly recommend.
The Clover Club LG
Esta historia me gustó bastante, ya que te muestra lo que la gente vivía durante las guerras, con la partida de sus seres queridos, comunicarse en esa pesadilla atraves de cartas, no saber si quiera, si van a volver.
Mas que nada te habla sobre la esperanza, amor y sufrimiento. En esta historia los protagonistas, o mas bien, la protagonista es una chica que conoce a su amor en el momento y lugar equivocado. Es un soldado que esta por partir a la guerra, en medio del caos y el sufrimiento del mund
Adriana
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sin palabras. Simplemente hermosa.
Becky Mouton
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely

This was a lovely story but I had a hard time getting into it. Once it fully had my attention I couldn't put it down.
Bella'
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5
Candy
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it

I’ve had Eden Butler’s Platform Four sitting on my kindle since release but it kept getting buried. I found myself in the mood for something different, something that would take me out of my normal reading comfort zone and thought it would be just the ticket. Platform Four is a love story set in the World War II era, and I have to admit that it sucked me into that time period. It delivered on a feel good story, even through times of struggle and despair.

Ada and Garreth met on a train platform an
Marlyn Castro
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm in love with the Legacy Falls series

I loved this books it's heartbreaking braking but sweet and it's from my favorite time. I love all stories that take place in the 1940s especially these kinds of military romances.
Sara
Dec 30, 2017
Neepa Shah-chittur
Feb 09, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Eden Butler is an editor and writer of Contemporary Romance novels and the nine-times great-granddaughter of an honest-to-God English pirate. This could explain her affinity for rule breaking and rum.

When she’s not writing or wondering about her possibly Jack Sparrowesque ancestor, Eden patiently waits for her Hogwarts letter, edits, reads and spends way too much time watching rugby, Doctor Who an

Legacy Falls (8 books)
  • Behind My Charade (Legacy Falls)
  • An Unexpected Hero (A Legacy Falls Romance)
  • Dear Dixie (A Legacy Falls Romance)
  • Her Southern Temptation (A Legacy Falls Romance)
  • Home (A Legacy Falls Romance)
  • Iron Heart (A Legacy Falls Romance)
  • Beyond The Ghosts (Legacy Falls Project)
“A good man would tell you to stop writing. A good man would say to you, “No, love, don’t wait for me. Live your life.” A good man would be happy that you were off somewhere in the world doing all the things you deserve. But, Miss Ada, I am no good man. I am, in fact, selfish, very bleeding selfish when it comes to you. Good man or no, I will tell you I believe a life lived without love is one not worthy of living a’tall.” 0 likes
“I know, to the deepest marrow of my bones that I love you, that I want you, that I could not do, not a’tall, without making you mine one day. So call me weak, I don’t bleeding care. Call me greedy, for I am that. I want you now, forever and always.” 0 likes