Start by marking “Miraculous Miranda” as Want to Read:
Miraculous Miranda

Miraculous Miranda

I love Miranda and so will you - Eoin Colfer

Miranda has a Big Imagination, and always wins Word of the Day at school. When her sister Gemma is taken into hospital, Miranda escapes into her own fantasy land, Magnanimous. With giraffe police, ham sandwich trees and a Crystal-Clear Glass Hospital for Getting-Better Children, Magnanimous grows and grows. As her sister gets wo
Published September 8th 2016 by Hodder Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Miraculous Miranda, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miraculous Miranda

Start your review of Miraculous Miranda
Maria Carmo
If there ever was a delightful and very touching story, written in the first person, in the voice of a child whose' Sister is ill, is this one! The imaginary of this child is full of resourceful words and ideas, her creativity gets her the means to make real miracles happen! Worth reading, very touching and really beautiful.

Maria Carmo,

Lisbon, 12 June 2019.
Anca Rucareanu
Mar 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Miracolele Mirandei este o gură de aer proaspăt, un scuturat sănătos administrat de cei care ne pot readuce aminte de miracole și de cum am putea să ne bucurăm de ele. După Ethan, cel care am fost nu eram gata să mă întorc în lumea gri a oamenilor mari. Nu voiam să dau piept cu realitatea acestor zile. Am desenat un curcubeu cu fetele mele, am răsfoit cărțile din bibliotecă și am decis că întotdeauna avem nevoie de un miracol, dar mai ales acum. Și am știut că numai o carte pentru copii mi l-ar ...more
Karen Barber
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Sometimes a book comes along that is just beautiful...this was.
Miranda is a somewhat precocious young girl, used to living in her imagination.
A full review to come when I've properly reflected on this, but it was charming, and I think it would really appeal to the y6-8 readers.
Thank you to NetGalley for the ARC.
Leslie
3.5-4 stars b/c we're going to admit my expectations got in the way.

I’m starting to reconsider reading jacket copy or blurbs—though Eoin Colfer is right: I do love Miranda. And I’m going to have to find more of Siobhán Parkinson’s work.

Let’s skip the jacket copy a moment which is [a bit] deceiving and open the book to the first paragraph—which is just as appealing.

“All right, then, I am not going to begin with a whole lot of boring explanations about who I am and what age I am and what my family
Katie
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Aoife
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-challenge
Really lovely little book. Adored every minute of it. Highly recommended.
Carmen Haselup
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story that celebrates the power of imagination and storytelling. The writing is stunning, unsurprisingly as Siobhan Parkinson was Ireland's first Children's Laureate. There are some wonderful characters and friendships that will really appeal to middle grade readers. What I particularly liked was that Miranda's sister's illness is never fully labelled, leaving it open for more children to directly associate with. This book is filled with positivity and passion and a child's hope. Jus ...more
Sofia Wheeler
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Linda
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great voice, and a compelling story of a girl who needs a miracle. Miranda keeps a record of the small miracles she envisions in her daily life, both successful and unsuccessful, and wonders how she might help her gravely ill sister.
MayorEmma
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! It was creative, sweet and I liked every second of it. Police giraffes are definitely an added plus!
Daisy Mawdsley-hall
OK not the best
Kalea August
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think Miraculous Miranda is a wonderful book. I like how creative Miranda is, I also like how much detail this story has I would recommend this to anyone who likes creativity.
Nikki Glassley
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: juvenile
Charming. Perfect for kids coping with the illness of a sibling or anyone, really.
Michelle
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: youth-literature
loved Miranda and her quirky, imaginative personality. I could see some of the phrases/colloquialisms being tough for young readers to understand, but otherwise it was a miraculous ;) book.
Julietta Fonteyn
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such a well written book from the point of view of a young girl with a sick sister. The language and the characterisation are great. I especially liked the bonkers Granny - reminds me of my own mother at times. The world she creates in her imagination is just wonderful. I would definitely recommend this for any age.
Clay
Ana Ramos
Mar 21, 2020

• The Ethan I Was Before
  • Umbrele din Ada Kaleh
  • Blood and Bone (Bravelands, #3)
  • The Dog Who Saved the World
  • And Tango Makes Three
  • Charlie Hernández and the League of Shadows
  • The Woman in the White Kimono
  • Other Words for Home
  • Hide and Seek (Helen Grace, #6)
  • Merci Suárez Changes Gears
  • Sweeping Up the Heart
  • The Wall in the Middle of the Book
  • The Cardboard Kingdom
  • Dad and the Dinosaur
  • Ranger Rick Jr. September 2013
  • Storia di una famiglia perbene
  • To Night Owl from Dogfish
  • Wave
Siobhán Parkinson is an Irish writer for both children and adults. Siobhán grew up in Galway and Donegal. Her books have won numerous awards and have been translated into several languages. She is currently a co-editor of Bookbird, the magazine of international children's literature organsation IBBY. She resides in The Republic of Ireland with her husband Roger Bennett and son Matthew.