Start by marking “Starship Desolation (The Galactic Wars, #2)” as Want to Read:
Starship Desolation (The Galactic Wars, #2)

Starship Desolation

(The Galactic Wars #2)

The fleet is in shambles, and an even greater alien threat is on the horizon.

Commander Walker, a cunning Special Warfare Operator, narrowly escapes the Saarkturian armada. But when he crashes on a hostile alien planet, hordes of vicious creatures try to kill him. His only hope of survival is an unlikely alliance that may just turn deadly.

Captain Slade, once considered
Published July 15th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Starship Desolation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starship Desolation

Start your review of Starship Desolation (The Galactic Wars, #2)
C.M. Rutherford
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book two picks up with the destruction of the alien armada on its way to attack new Earth. Captain Slade is imprisoned and Walker is stranded on a hostile planet with the enemy. Each must endeavor to break free from their current situations. Book two doesn't disappoint, it is fast-paced, with plenty of action. There are a few pleasant twists in the story as well. Great read.
Stan Waters
Jan 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Killing Big Bugs and Thugs

I read the first in this series and liked it. This one, not so much. The story line became monotonous fairly soon with only flashes of the author's medical knowledge and limited firearms experience to to break things up. I see this saga dragging on until the aliens are again vanquished and Capt. Slade reclaims her rightful place as Navy Hero. The battles in the first book were entertaining but I don't want to slog across the galaxy with these mundane stories in order to
Peter Griffith
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Humans are wimps

I'm in book 2, and I'm really trying to like the story, but I can't get over the fact that EVERY SINGLE TIME there is some sort of hostage situation, the supposedly tough as nails (insert badass military member here) just gives up the ghost and submits to the bad guys KNOWING they will break their word. It is enough to turn me off the books and move to something else. It's Noble and all, but seriously...giving up to the ruthless aliens to save an alien DOG? Dumb.
Carol
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Do some research before writing.

Story is OK but nobody can survive if the ambient temperature is 240 (I assume deg F). It is nice to find a dog creature on an alien planet but the creature needs the human to survive. Then how was it there to begin with? I few typos as well.
Alexander Collas
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
very nicely done. Several inconsistencies but still an enjoyable read.
James Becker
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling!

Non stop thrilling action! Absolutely loved it! Just enough action, gore and intrigue to keep you going through the book!
Chris Page
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
The story keeps working just fine.
David P. Duffy
Aug 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
Sadistic Sexual Fantasies of An Adolescent Makes Bad SciFi

"Starship Desolation" is Book 2 of "The Galactic Wars," and is a badly written, badly conceived follow on to Book 1 (which was pretty bad too). The author has a SciFi narrative that is insufficient to cover the apparent sexual fantasies of a sadistic adolescent. The lead female character is subjected repeatedly to physical and potential sexual assault, sold into sexual slavery, and has a nano brain control device installed to instill
Aug 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Mick Bird
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great follow up

The second book of this series, give us the readers a few shocks. Captain Slade, is arrested on her return to New Earth. And Walker has crashed landed on a planet, the action is fast and furious. The enemy has a new ally, Slade is in prison and the next attack is coming.
John L.
Sep 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good story poor editing

I like the story but it was not proofed. I t is missing at least one page of the story and there are different print sizes n fonts in the same area. Around the beginning. Very sloppy. E-books need d to do better.
Brian Bushnell
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Liked the series. Please continue the story. Will be waiting.

I Liked the series. Please continue the story. I Will be waiting for more . The editing was well done.
Ruggrats
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed

Spent time. Not sure where it is going next for sure...
Looking forward too the next one.
richard a rishell
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Different

But enjoyable with moments of very good terror mixed in. Keep up the good works and quickly publish the next book.
andrew bell
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Bloody well enjoyed reading this book, roll on number 3 keep up the good work, will have to find more books free they author
Ted Pringle
Aug 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Great

Turned the page and damn it was the end. I was really upset. Now I will have t o wait.
John Yanders
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Two thumbs up for Galactic Wars!

Sets the stage for book three while telling a fast paced tale of the resourcefulness of humanity! Really enjoyed the "Tripp"!
Jeffery Sparks
Geir Ove Klefsåsvold
rated it it was ok
Jun 27, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Search for the Lost (The Originator Wars, #2)
  • Alliance (The Silver Ships #14)
  • Conflict Unending (The Originator Wars, #3)
  • Gate Quest (Star Kingdom #5)
  • Descent: Liberation War Book 8
  • Gravity Flux: Kestrel Class Saga Book 3
  • The Last War (The Last War, #1)
  • Ashes of War (Satori's War #1)
  • Darkest Hour: Liberation War Book 1
  • The Originator Wars Explorations: The Multiverse: A Lost Fleet Novel
  • Crossfire (Star Kingdom #4)
  • Hero Code (Star Kingdom #3)
  • Jump Point: Kestrel Class Saga Book 2
  • Stellar Legacy (Adventures of the Starship Satori #2)
  • Deep Waters (Adventures of the Starship Satori, #3)
  • Behemoth (Rise of Mankind #1)
  • Downfall: Liberation War Book 7
  • Cybership

The Galactic Wars (7 books)
  • Starship Scorpion (The Galactic Wars, #1)
  • Starship Revenant (The Galactic Wars, #3)
  • Starship Guardian (The Galactic Wars, #4)
  • Starship Valor (The Galactic Wars, #5)
  • Starship Insurgent (The Galactic Wars, #6)
  • Starship Exodus (The Galactic Wars, #7)