Start by marking “This is Devin Jones” as Want to Read:
This is Devin Jones

This is Devin Jones

Beverly Hills Police Detective Devin Jones has a problem – no, it’s not the dead body that turned up on the lawn of a washed up drunk Hollywood legend, and it’s not even that she’s been having an affair with the biggest actresses in the world who’s now marrying her male co-star, it’s that Devin has been set up on a blind date to the glamorous Hollywood Screen Awards - and ...more
Published July 14th 2016 by Peckham Press

To ask other readers questions about This is Devin Jones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This is Devin Jones

Start your review of This is Devin Jones
Diane Wallace
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow! My first time reading this author and i was truly impress -- good writing and editing,lots of action,very intense,well developed characters,good plot twists and also an interesting storyline. Recommended read!
Lexxi Kitty
Wow, this one had it all. Humor, action, thrills, suspense, romance, did I mention humor? Oh, and a few scenes of graphic sex here and there.

Keeping the lesbian and gay part (Devin's best friend is a gay man), this would make one great movie. Removing that part and this still would make a great film, though it would lose a little something if it did do that, strip that part out - the LGBT part.

So, this really was a female Die Hard; a lesbian Die Hard. A cop in a terrorist situation, in a buildin
Heinerway
Sep 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow, wow, wow! Devin Jones is the fucking boss... in a Prada dress and high heels! Unreal, but very entertaining.
Netty
Aug 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Oh man did this book drag on or what!
I really thought I'd picked up a real good story up until three quarters the way through and all I was thinking was "is there a flipping end to this".
I found it too far out there that two people would even think about sex during a life and death situation let alone actually have sex and do I even want to get started on the end, oh my life, how do you walk up to a women in the street and just start snogging her face off haha (laughable) not to mention she di
Stephanie
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really good action packed story. This is definitely an action story. A police kind of narrative. Very fast paced. There is some romance,unbelievably even some sex. It's smart, funny and very well written. I read in one sitting because I couldn't bring myself to stop! Different from most other books out there! Devin is bad ass! Loved it!
Starsandsun18
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Impressive! Couldn't stop reading and I didn't even know the book was coming to an end until the last few pages. The plot is really clever.
Wow! This is the author's first book, looking forward to her next already.
Please make this a series. :)

Okay, I've rooted for the wrong couple although I already know they're not going to end up together but I just can't help it. They have so much history, maybe that's why I've connected with them more and they also have more scenes together.
Everette is selfis
CLo
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Surprisingly Fun Action Packed Read 4.5stars

Can I start by saying I love kindle Unlimited. Allows me to give books and author's a chance I probably wouldn't. That being said, this book was fun to read. Suspend reality a bit and just enjoy this rollercoaster ride of Diehard mixed with another movie I can't think of right now. Devin Jones is a badass cop who finds herself in a situation with a crazy man and about 25 hostage celebrities. Now, not everything is fully answered and the ending is a bit
Lexxi Kitty
For better or worse most of the humor, not all but most, leaked out of this story when you do a reread. Still a fun book, but it's one of those books that are better experienced fresh.
Odd Bin
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great escapism.
E
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
If an action packed blockbuster movie staring a lesbian character were ever made, this could be the book it was based on.
"This is Devin Jones" has all the traits  an action movie usually has, the good and the bad.
Starting with its premise, a cop that gets accidentally caught in the middle of a hostage situation and needs to take down the big group of kidnappers on her own (which makes one automatically reminiscent of "Die Hard") and save more than 30 movie superstars, while the security forces o
Leslie J Holbrook
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great story!!

First time reading this author, story was full of action and suspense. Can't wait to read more books by this author.
Laz the Sailor
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a quirky story that was recommended to me by a quirky GR friend. It takes place during a Hollywood awards show (a la Oscars), where a bunch of A-listers are held hostage by some bad guys. If it sounds like a made-for-TV movie, that's because it's written by a TV screenwriter. But it's actually a lot of fun. Our intrepid heroine is a police detective who is recovering from bad relationships and bad police partners, all of whom end up involved in the proceedings. There are a few lucky brea ...more
Francis Franklin
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lesbian, thriller
This has many parallels with Die Hard, the plot centering on a hostage scenario where an out-of-jurisdiction cop must take out the bad guys and save the day. There's even an exploding rooftop.

Here, however, the setting is a Hollywood awards ceremony and the hostages are world-famous actors, one of whom is the drop dead gorgeous ex of our hero - our hero being a super-hot cop in designer dress and heels, as capable with her gun as with her kick-ass self-defence.

Which is all perhaps a little clich
Linh Nguyen
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: queer, romance
Hollywood drama. A bit fake I would say?
Margaret L. Hedman
Aug 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this book.

This was a great book. It does push just to the limit of believable. But you have a beautiful, smart, resourceful heroine. So what else do you need.
F.
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lesbian-romance
Mack Lane
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Amazon probably recommended it because I’ve read 10 books (so far) by Skye Knizley. I typically avoid books where the viewpoint switches often like in this book. Still, something intrigued me about this book. Since it was on Kindle Unlimited, I downloaded a copy of Devin Jones and eventually got around to reading it. I enjoyed the characters, the writing style and the fast pace of the narrative. If you like this book, check out the Shadlowland books by Knizley or her urban fantasy series The Sto ...more
Angela
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, lgbt, 2017
While I liked the premise, it was just not a believable story.
A model turned cop gets a date to a Hollywood award show, where -out of revenge- a big attack on the stars is orchistrated.
Too many coincidences, too many handy finds, and one sex scene in the middle of the trying to rescue everybody operation, because the ex is really too hard to resist.
Well written, and a page turner but overall it's just too. But fans of McGyver and the A team, who also like hot lesbians, will love this story.
Simon Wood
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Read this because from the sample I downloaded, while it was obviously gonna be light stuff, it seemed like it had good characters, and believable and often funny/clever dialogue.

Once things get going though its 'lightness' truly shines through. The plot and action are both paper thin, with our lead doing things like happening to stumble onto the bad guys secret escape hatch, and descriptions of action like: Devin skillfully shot the man twice.

meh
Curfeh
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done
Loved it!

This novel was so entertaining that I just couldn't stop reading. I loved everything about it, although, I would've liked to know what happened to good ol' Lori, and what was Bennet's plan in the end. I was expecting him to try and ruin Devin's exit.
Is there a sequel? Because that would be amazing!
Tinything
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh man, this is such a great story. The thrilling, actions, humors, and romance. I was eeally hooked and couldnt stop until it finished. (view spoiler) still i really enjoyed this book. Thank you very much for a great storyz ...more
Laura S
I would say this book stated at a strong 3-stars but ended at barely 2-stars because (view spoiler) YMMV. ...more
Carrie Carr
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Edge of your seat!

Once I started this book, I couldn't put it down. Laughing one moment and holding my breath the next, I cheered Devin Jones on as she struggled to save the day. Whew!
Cecilia
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was so great, so funny and so fun to read. I felt like I was watching a fast paced action Movie but with fun lesbian character. I wish there was a second part so I could see more of Devin’s and Caitlin’s Relationship. Loved it
Michelle
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great action

Everything I wanted in a book. Wonderful story. Lovely characters. This was a feel good book. Devin Jones needs her own series.
Luci Fest
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this book.

She kicked in alot of doors. A LOT of doors.
Except one door, but someone helped. Oops I meant to say spoilers.

Fun book by the way.
Macnela
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Action

This was an interesting story. Not too far for an all time favorite action movie in book form. It's about time to see a female lead in a full action thrilling story.
Susan Wilhite
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 ⭐️ A quick and fun read.
Kym Richardson
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lesbian, celebrity, crime
This was a great read! I liked Devin from the get go and was on the edge of my seat has i read about her saving the day! Through the entire book I was rooting for a reunion with Everett and Devin and was disappointed with their ending. Saying that I would love to read a sequel to this book.
Mfred
Aug 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Review orginally published to the Lesbrary.com

Oh, hey. Were you looking for a book about a lesbian badass MacGuyver-ing herself out of tight situations while taking out the bad guys and saving the world? Then you should read This is Devin Jones by Kristen Conrad.

Former model and actress turned Beverly Hills Police Detective Devin Jones is on the blind date from hell. Hoping to escape the emotional aftermath of a newly ended relationship, she agrees to a date to the Hollywood Screen Awards. While

• Casting Lacey
  • 30 Dates in 30 Days
  • Rabbit
  • Temptation
  • Gold
Kristen Conrad is the author of This is Devin Jones and a writer for TV and film.

News & Interviews

Summer reading season is in full swing, which means many of the year's biggest and best releases are coming out of the gates. And although your Ju...