Start by marking “Call of the Alpha (Blue Moon #3)” as Want to Read:
Call of the Alpha (Blue Moon #3)

Call of the Alpha

(Blue Moon #3)

THIS IS THE THIRD INSTALLMENT IN THIS SERIES and CAN STAND ALONE.
Book 2 is recommended to read first.
The Story of ALPHA, CALL, OMEGA & LION ALONG WITH A COUPLE OTHER FAVORITES

It’s been a couple years since Commander John Marion – the US Navy’s most decorated SEAL – hung up his dog tags, choosing his cherished Alpha over war.

Call and Alpha have settled comfortably into th
Published July 30th 2016 by Via Star Wings Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Call of the Alpha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Call of the Alpha

Start your review of Call of the Alpha (Blue Moon #3)
Bo
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All I can say is wow! This book was everything I hoped it would be. Alpha is still the ultimate badass and it was nice to see Omega get his happy ending. There was a twist in the plot that surprised and saddened me, but it was fitting. I am just so sad to see this series end. I hope there will be a novella, or something because I can't leave the Beastmasters behind. A.E. Via writes the most wonderful characters. From the funny to the damaged and vulnerable war heroes, I love them all!! I will be ...more
Makhda

The chemistry is off the charts as usual with A.E. Via. She is my guilty pleasure. I'm just a little bit disappointed. I thought this book was more about Call and Alpha. The title spoke for itself. But unfortunately it's more about Lion and Omega. Yes, yes, they're great too. But I still want more of Alpha and Call. Oh well, it's okay. :)

Last but not least. Do not read this as standalone. At least read book #2 first if you don't want to read the book #1.
Bitchie
Aug 02, 2016 marked it as to-read
Reading the blurb here, it says this book can stand alone in BIG BOLD LETTERS. but then the very next line, it says it is recommended to read book 2 first. So which one is it, and WTF is up with putting that in the blurb?

THIS IS THE THIRD INSTALLMENT IN THIS SERIES and CAN STAND ALONE.
Book 2 is recommended to read first.
DaisyGirl
1.0 star

Wow. Let me start by saying that I'm an AE Via fan. Period. Unfortunately, this one missed the mark. First the positives: I dug the cover. Niiiiice. Okay, that said, here's what irked me to no end: 1) Omega (who was a serious badass in book 2) was a whiny, immature, pathetic bitch that everyone tiptoed around ... not attractive; 2) the alphas (Alpha, Hawk, and Lion) were ridiculously so over-the-top alpha that it totally undermined their reason for being together (i.e., because the middl
Milica
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I admit, I wasn't exactly patiently waiting this installment...and I wondered will we ever read it. But, you know what, if AE Via delivers every time like this, she can make us wait however long she wants. And did she deliver...probably the only author in this genre who can make me buy a story about assassins who kill only for the greater good and who value honour and duty above everything else...in the 21st century. Get what I'm saying? But really, as I said, probably the only author who can ma ...more
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First of all can we all agree this cover is Great and is perfect for this story and couple.
AE is one of my favorite MM authors and she doesn't disappoint me again with the 3rd and final book in the Blue Moon series. This series is all hot alpha men who fight for what is right. They are all killers but when they fall in love they fall hard. Call and Alpha got together in a prior book but now we see some more of their story plus Omega and Lion They are the main couple in this tale and boy are they
Iza
Jul 21, 2016 rated it liked it
I've always loved A.E. Via's men; they always had me feeling all sort of stuff. I was either melting, chuckling or getting teary-eyed.

But this particular book, unfortunately, didn't do much for me. Something was missing.

I'll try not to spoil it, though I do recommend you read the previous books first before you dive into this one. It will make more sense, plus those are better developed. This one - like the others - has two main couples finding their HEA. Or well, they should. Problem is, it s
Caroline Brand
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

4.5 Stars

This was a long anticipated and well done wrap up of a series that I have thoroughly enjoyed.

This author is well known for her hard assed alpha figures who fight and love hard and go all in when they meet their ‘one’. The Beastmasters may now be a defunct unit but when they are needed to help out the Order they sink easily back into their roles. I liked that the fighting and the taking down of the rebel Order members took backstage to the relationships –
Marcia
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
AE Via has given her readers a great conclusion to the Blue Moon series. I absolutely enjoyed reading Call and Alpha, and Omega and Lion's stories, as well as catching up with some of the Beastmasters and Pierce.

Blue Moon III picks up a few years forward from where Blue Moon II left off and proceeds to take us on an extremely unexpected, but exciting ride. I did not see coming what transpired in this one. WOW!! What a great twist this story has, as well as a lot of information into the history
Kristina
Loved the first two books. The 3 rating is because of:

1) Lack of a continuity in Call and Alpha's story from book 2. I like them together, I'm just scratching my head on how their characters morphed from book 2 to book 3.
2) Omega was not the same character we met in book 2. In this book, he was a whiny, petulant brat.
3) There was no need for the final plot twist. I felt like one character in particular was thrown under the bus. His betrayal isn't credible and it also damages your perception of b
Shibumi
Aug 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay-romance
Ivana
I really needed to get lost in something intense and this was just as perfect the second time round. Really a favourite by this author and a great way to end a series.
Amanda
Perfect end to a great series
Lila Hunter
It has been awhile since I read book @#2 in the series, but it was fairly easy to go back into the story. As before, these men are bigger than life and so are the events surrounding them. You need to suspend your disbelief, but no more than when watching an action movie. Well paced, intense, and worth reading to learn how the series ends.
multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post: Review Request: Blue Moon III: Call of the Alpha (Blue Moon #3) by A.E. Via

Oh, boy. Where to begin?

I think I must start from the ending: the HEA, there is no cliffhanger which was kind of whoa! and finally, this book contains a whole lot of action-packed violence that kind of boggles the mind for not only does it mean physical violence but the psychological as well. This book is a whole lot of different from the other Via books I've read and she's known to be this visual wri
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, ebook, bgirls

3.5 star review by The Blogger Girls.

First, this can technically be read as a stand alone, but you really should read the previous books to fully understand the relationships that are in place (Hawk/Pierce, Alpha/Call), as well as what is going on with the newest pairing (Lion/Omega). As with the previous books, this story focuses on both couples, and while it sounds like it will mostly be about Call and Alpha, it spends much more time on the new one of Lion and Omega.

This starts with Call and A
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

I loved the action sequences in this book and I enjoyed the uneasy relationships between the Assassins and the Beastmasters.

The last third of this story contains some of the best action sequences I’ve read recently. Omega and Lion are great warrior characters and when teamed with Alpha and the Beastmasters, this is fabulous action writing. Unfortunately, there was an incredibly long and angst filled build up to the action and I
♥~♥❇ ★~Lyne~★ ❇♥~♥
3.5 Stars

I have to say after waiting almost two years for the third book in this series I have to say I'm left feeling a little bit disappointed with this story. The title of the book is "Blue Moon III: Call of the Alpha" Although we did get some of Call and Alpha's story... I don't think I quite got the full story. I feel like this book was lacking compare to the other two previous books.

After being introduced to Call in Alpha in "Blue Moon II: This is Reality" I was expecting another scorching
Angie
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads Review Team~
Love this series and hate that there will be no more. This book is a few years after the second book, you really do need to read all the books and in order to get the full effect of the characters and story. Call and Alpha are so flipping hot together it isn’t even funny, man to be in a room and just watch all that hotness. Then you have Lion and Omega, another smoking hot couple. The majority of this book was a
Diverse
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: september-2016
I’ve been a fan of A.E. Via’s since the very first time I read her and it hasn’t diminished. The Blue Moon Series follows the scariest men I’ve read in a while lol. In Blue Moon 3 we have multiple POV’s and characters. We have Call and Alpha, Omega and Lion. We also have Peirce and Hawk, Viper and a few others that pop in but don’t mean a whole lot to the story.
There is A LOT of building in this story. More about solidifying relationships and creating some. The power behind what these men can d
Blackmermaid
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was fantastic! I think it's my favorite of the series! After meeting Call and Alpha in Blue Moon II: This Is Reality, I couldn't wait for their story and I was not disappointed. I was excited that Omega also had his own story as he was also in the previous book. This story had a great combination of romance, action, and hot scenes. I was a little sad when I reached the end, but all good things must come to an end. I can't wait for A.E.'s next book! ...more
Patricia Nelson
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Holy hell! This fantastic book is like the rich, decadent, delicious, and so, SO satisfying dessert at the end of the five-star Blue Moon feast that A.E. Via has presented. She has the brilliant, ingeniously wicked, and sheer raw talent to blend so many different myriad ingredients together to make this one of the most gripping, compelling, intriguing, fascinating, and melt-your-ereader sexy series that I have ever read.
Ericka Walden
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A.E. is on fire!! loved this long awaited and anticipated novel! My only complaint is that 1. I wish it was longer 2. I wish it was longer. 3. Imma miss these guys! 4. I wish.......yeah....
Kizzy
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
what a story!! sad to see it end, but it was a great conclusion. call/alpha and lion/omega? Damn they were something else. that twist towards the end though?! did not see that coming. great read!!
Wendy Moore
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series!!! I am sad to see it end. But it was a great ending to the series.
Chancey Knowles
Kk
May 21, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Blue Light Special 03/25/20 for 99c

Ugh....no..

Ok..Again, it was 99c, so I shouldn't have too high expectations right??? & yet, I thought asking for a decent plot wasn't in the High Expectations category.

Ok...suddenly Omega goes from being a man in his own right to Lions sidekick(aka simpering lover). Alpha who is so very lethal gets off on rough submissive sex with Call. Pierce has turned into Hawk's little woman & still has more balls then the rest to do what needs to be done...

Sooo glad this
Julie Anne Addicott
Of the three books in this series this one was my favourite. I loved getting to know Omega and Lion, as well as seeing what Alpha and Call, and Hawk abs Pierce are up to.
In this book Omega and Lion need Alpha’s help to take down the rogue assassins, but before they can leave Lion need to get Omega to admit his feeling for him so they can become stronger together.
There’s loads of action, some great insights into the assassins and lots of steamy scenes to keep you turning the pages..
Sharna Morris
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blue Moon lll: Call Of The Alpha

Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!!! This is the first series of AE Via’s that I’ve had the good fortune to read and it certainly won’t be my last. A fantastic story to end all of these sexy men with a strong moral core. I loved reading every page, it was well edited with another exciting adventure to take the reader on.
Sandra Walker
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beastmaster's & Assassin's

Both teams work well together and get the job done. Best books I've ever read enjoyed all the action. They really are a family love and honor each other above all else.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Forever (Always & Forever #2)
  • Foreseen: Lex (The Four #2)
  • Classified (The Elite, #3)
  • Obsessed (The Protectors #13)
  • Worship (On My Knees Duet, #1)
  • Rialto (Unbreakable Bonds, #8)
  • His Someone Special
  • Need for Speed (The Elite, #2)
  • How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)
  • Devil's Hour (Zero Hour, #2)
  • Say You’ll Be Nine
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • The Prince and His Captivating Carpenter (Paranormal Princes, #2)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Tucker's Trouble (Timber Valley Wolf Pack, #4)
  • Tempting Fate: A Love in Eden Short
  • Five Minutes Longer (Enhanced World, #1)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
A.E. Via is an author in the beautiful gay romance genre and also founder and owner of Via Star Wings Books. Her writing embodies everything from hopelessly romantic to spicy to scandalous. Her stories often include intriguing edges and twists that take readers to new, thought-provoking depths.

When she's not clicking away at her laptop, she devotes herself to her family--a husband and four childre

Blue Moon (3 books)
  • Too Good to Be True (Blue Moon, #1)
  • This Is Reality (Blue Moon, #2)

News & Interviews