Start by marking “The Meaning of Truth: embrace your truth. create your life.” as Want to Read:
The Meaning of Truth: embrace your truth. create your life.

The Meaning of Truth: embrace your truth. create your life.

There is a cure for chronic pain. If you suffer from pain or conditions which serve to limit your life and cultivate your fear, read this book and become awakened to a new world pf possibilities. The tools to heal yourself are here, and they are real and enduring. It is within your power to reclaim the aspects of your life which you have long relinquished due to illness an ...more
Published June 22nd 2016 (first published January 10th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Meaning of Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Meaning of Truth

Start your review of The Meaning of Truth: embrace your truth. create your life.
Kate
Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Good

I have mixed feelings about this book. I was inspired, enlightened and encouraged. I believe what the author is writing about. The writing was the problem for me. Not concise, too many rants, too much cheerleading cliche stuff. The author clearly wanted to be known and I like her but she just pushed it. Clear and concise writing with some cheerleading and jokes would be fine. It was difficult too read at times through the endless pages of cheerleading. BUT I did get a lot out of it and I do
Amy Crehore
Apr 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Two stars for the actual writing, but five stars for the ideas/practice behind it about the mind-body connection.

For anyone experiencing chronic pain or discomfort, including IBS, I’d highly recommend watching Nicole Sachs’ youtube videos, listening to her podcast, and reading this book if you want to know the “how.”

“Journalspeak” is fascinating, and the few times I’ve tried it, I’ve felt an immediate release. It’s really freeing to know it’s not my diet that is causing me discomfort, but rath
Jacqueline
fantastic, inspiring and helpful.
Margot Note
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"The beauty of truth without judgment is striking, as it is only through this lens that we can be forgiven. You can be forgiven. And it's such a relief. We all, simply, just want to be forgiven" (9).

"Often a less than idyllic childhood can cause you to hold even more tightly to these perceived expectations, in place of the security you wished to have had. Most likely, you don't allow yourself to be wholly aware of how devastating it is that many of your most cherished expectations fall short" (
Elizabeth Good
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help, healing
Interesting book. I am not sure if there is a way to give half-star ratings here; I’m rounding up but would go more for 3.5 than the 4 I gave it. I believe she is passionate and sincere in wanting to help sufferers, and her style is indeed compelling; thus I gave the good rating. At times her prose is soaring and so motivating. But it can also be rambling, obtuse, and unclear what her point is. She does give some instructive “how to do this thing” info, but not much. I’m exploring her videos and ...more
Erica Barkei
Jun 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Repetitive, lots of white space, and took nearly the entire book to get to the point. Once there, it didn't go much into detail, nor did it have much data to back up the premise. I don't doubt coming to realize the real truths in your life will help you heal and could reduce pain, but I would have liked more substance to lead me in that direction.
Noah Letner
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Well worth a try if you are suffering from chronic pain.
Why not? You have nothing to lose.
Very interesting take on self-healing. I've started working the program following the author's suggestions.
Dawn
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Truth will set you free

I am convinced that there is not one single person alive today that cannot be impacted by this book. Thank you Nicole for your raw honesty and bottomless hope.
Beth
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Essential message is well-meaning. The author suggests using a specifically organized journal to deal with major mental health issues. However Sachs is overly redundant as well as attempting to use a personalized conversational tone which feels patronizing and exaggerated.
Laura Boyd
May 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great stuff.
I’ve done a lot of work like this in various 12 step programs, but ready to give this a try to be free of back pain and more honest with myself about everything.
David
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't ever recall writing a fan letter to an author after just finishing a book they had written, but I did just that after reading Nicole Sachs' "The Meaning of Truth". I have read scores of "self-help" (God, do I hate that term) books and most of them are either redundant, superfluous, padded or pontifical, but Nichole's ( I feel comfortable calling her that) is the real deal. The knock on most therapists is their reluctance to divulge anything about themselves, but this author lays her life ...more
Phylameana Desy
Sep 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For the past couple of weeks I've been gobbling up all the books I can get my hands on about TMS and the Mindbody. I cannot say The Meaning of Truth would be my first recommendation to anyone wanting to learn about TMS ... but this book is different. I appreciate the "human" and "honest" approach of getting closer to the pain (uncovering the painful truths) and dislodging it from your unconscious.

First, read John E. Sarno's book The Mindbody Prescription then if you are ready for a meatier/relat
Chrisanthi
rated it did not like it
Jun 08, 2020
Jun 13, 2020
Sarah Peterson
Jun 10, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Combine? 5 19 Mar 19, 2019 09:27AM

• Healing Back Pain: The Mind-Body Connection
  • The Mindbody Prescription: Healing the Body, Healing the Pain
  • The Great Pain Deception: Faulty Medical Advice Is Making Us Worse
  • Mind Over Back Pain: A Radically New Approach to the Diagnosis and Treatment of Back Pain
  • Hope and Help for Your Nerves
  • It's Not Always Depression: Working the Change Triangle to Listen to the Body, Discover Core Emotions, and Connect to Your Authentic Self
  • Somatics: Reawakening The Mind's Control Of Movement, Flexibility, And Health
  • There I Am: The Journey from Hopelessness to Healing—A Memoir
  • Who: The A Method for Hiring
  • Reconnect to your Core: A practical guide on how to feel good and be happy.
  • Hyperfocus: How to Be More Productive in a World of Distraction
  • Behind the Cloud: The Untold Story of How Salesforce.com Went from Idea to Billion-Dollar Company-And Revolutionized an Industry
  • Case Interview Secrets: A Former McKinsey Interviewer Reveals How to Get Multiple Job Offers in Consulting
  • Lean Analytics: Use Data to Build a Better Startup Faster