Start by marking “Unexpectedly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #3)” as Want to Read:
Unexpectedly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #3)

Unexpectedly Hers

(Sterling Canyon #3)

By day, bashful wallflower Emma Duffy works at her family’s bed-and-breakfast. By night, she secretly pens erotic romance hot enough to melt the snow in their cozy Rockies town.

Published February 21st 2017 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Unexpectedly Hers, please sign up.
Alexandra Joyfully His.. it will be Andy's story. due in mid october

Start your review of Unexpectedly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #3)
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
3 Unexpectedly bland stars

photo 16010816_zpstubxmoxe.gif

Some Spoilers

I love Jamie Beck and I loved the first two books in this series, giving both those books 5 star ratings, but this one just didn't do it for me. I really liked Emma in the other 2 books and I was looking forward to her book, but I just didn't care for her in this one. The biggest problem I had with Emma was the way she was with her mother. Emma is a 31 year old woman and in this book she acts like a child afraid of getting in trouble with mommy. It d
BookLover
ARC requested through Netgalley, and kindly provided by Montlake Romance in exchange for an honest review.

I have read the first two books in this series and was very excited to get to read Unexpectedly Hers. After I got over the shock (and bit of disappointment) of the hero not being who I was expecting/hoping it would be, I settled in to read more about the shy and quiet Emma Duffy. I wavered back and forth between enjoying the story and struggling with some of the things that happened.

Emma he
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty's review:

I am a little bit up in the air about Unexpectedly Hers. It took a little bit of time for me to become invested in the story. I wasn’t sure about either of the characters or what their end-game would be. In the end, everything fell into place but, it took a while to get there.

Let me start with both Wyatt and Emma’s mothers. Neither one of them warmed my heart the way a mother is supposed to. Wyatt’s mother blamed him for all that went wrong in her life. Emma’s was just an uptight,
Rejane
Apr 27, 2017 marked it as no-way-jose
Sounds horrible.
How old are you??? 13? I really dislike adult women ( in this case 31 years old one) acting like kids and afraid of mommy. Ridiculous

Bette Hansen
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
A nice addition to the Sterling Canyon series. Emma, Wyatt, and Ryder were all fantastic characters each dealing with their own issues. I really connected with each of them and I enjoyed how the relationship between Emma and Wyatt developed. I hope Ryder returns to Sterling Canyon and we get his story to enjoy. This is a book I recommend for the must read list.
Ines
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Althought the narration is good, the sentences are well built and the vocabulary is easy-to-understand and not very heavy, I gave it 2 stars because of the story.
(view spoiler)
Rebecca
The first two books of the series were cute, light reads but this installment was a disappointment. Emma acted more like a 16 year old, than a 31 year old woman; her endless insecurities were annoying. I didn't feel any chemistry she and Wyatt; maybe a prologue or flashback with have been helpful to establish their connection? The one bright spot was catching up with the other couples of Sterling Canyon. Not certain if I'll read anymore books from this author.
Jo
Mar 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Respect, support n trust that's family do. Secrets hurt. I love Emma, she maybe a Saint Emma because she care, she love n listen people around her. She is the secret writer too. I admire n jealous what she did.

I want to be her someday.
Amy
Jan 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
I receive a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Unexpectedly Hers is the third book in the Sterling Canyon series by Jamie Beck. It is not necessary to have read the first two books as this can be read as a standalone novel. But I suggest reading Accidentally Hers and Secretly Hers so that you will understand why I had to give this one such a low rating.

I was really looking forward to reading this book and I was so disappointed when I didn't like it. Jamie Beck
Pam
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unexpectedly Hers: Sterling Canyon Book 3 is by Jamie Beck. This third book in the series is the best so far. This series is set in Sterling Canyon which is located in the Rocky Mountains in ski country. the mountains. Once again, second chances is the major theme.
Emma Duffy is a quiet, polite, girl in town. She helps her Mother run the in which is located in the old building that was started in 1900. Her Grandparents had run it, followed by her Mother, and now Emma. Emma also did all the cookin
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
**My thanks to NetGalley and Montlake Romance for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This can be read as a stand alone book although it is part of a series and i did not feel as if anything was lost with the other characters by not having read their stories.

This book was ok, but i really struggled that at age 31 Emma was such a wet blanket with her mother and had not reached out to be more of her own person before now. The fact that she was still living with her mother at the en
Ellen (more books, please)
DNF

It was fine. I just lost interest. Like an earlier installment in the series, it seemed to get caught in a loop of the same behavior again and again.
My patience is nil at the moment.
I will probably revisit.
Liz
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a great read! It is the 3rd book in the Sterling Canyon Series but can be read as a stand alone.

I loved the story between Cassie & Wyatt- there was a fun twist on finding HEA

I will be reading more by Jamie Beck

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Vikki Vaught
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My Musings

Another great book to add to this series. I'm so glad I found Ms. Beck. I love her writing style. Can't wait to read the next one in this series. Happy reading 📚!
Romance Readers Retreat
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it

This is the third book in the Sterling Canyon series and while I enjoyed it, I didn't exactly love it like I loved the other books in the series. I found this one to be quite slow going and didn't hold my attention how I want a book to. To be honest, I skimmed through some of it because I found it to be very repetitive. The characters seemed to have the same arguments over and over again which I found to be quite annoying.

Shy and quiet Emma Duffy helps run her family's bed-and-breakfast
Abi
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars...
I have enjoyed very much the books of Jamie Beck. I read the Sterling Canyon novels 1 and 2 a while ago, and I really liked them. However this one, surprised me. I identified myself so much with Emma and her story that I almost felt I was reading about me and meditating on my life. Thoroughly enjoyed it!
Danielle's
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Emma shared a night of passion years ago, with a man story books are made out of. In fact, she is about to publish that very book under a pen name. In her everyday life, Emma helps run the family's bed n breakfast. She is nothing like the character in her book. She is considered a wallflower.
Her mum has planned a trip away leaving Emma in charge of the B & B. The man of her dreams ends up being her guest, but he comes with his own baggage. A film crew are doing a story about his career come bac
Thamy
Jan 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley2017
After reading the second book in this series, I didn't think twice before picking this up to review. And the writing remains as lovely.

Aside from one night of freedom years ago—which has led into her first published novel about to be published—, Emma has always been the good girl her mother hoped from her, especially after her father abandoned the family to follow his dream of Hollywood. Now she was left by herself to take care of the family's inn for a movie crew, the real version of her sexy c
Kathleen Gray
Feb 28, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a second chance romance for Emma and Wyatt but it wasn't one I particularly liked. It's an ok read but frankly I found Emma pretty immature and Wyatt wasn't the best guy either. I wasn't committed to these two getting together, which disappointed me because Beck has a nice writing style and I liked the setting. Thanks to netgalley for the ARC. Try this one - it might have struck me wrong but that's just me.
Dixie-Lee Campbell
1. enjoyed the trivia.
2. loved this particular Inn setting.
3. loved the heroine / hero characters.
4. understood and liked the hero's brother ... a hero himself. Looking forward to his story.
5. Mira ... didn't much like her ... but she was doing a job. Her concluding decision !
6. enjoyed the heroine's friends
7. Trip ... enjoyed him.
8. Andy ... perfect for his role. ... and want to hear more ... sure we will .. well hope.
9. great moving storyline. creative. clever. romantic.
10 hero / heroine" mot
Pam
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a great book! Right from the start you are pulled into the characters lives. The book is full of romance, secrets, & fun. Emma appears a quiet, somewhat shy homebody but her secret is a doozy! Wyatt comes across as arrogant, slightly self absorbed & sure his way is the right way. Ryder is fighting for a life of his own by trying to not get involved. The interactions between these three & with the supporting characters are great. Fun, flirty, sassy, anger, disappointment - all tones are ther ...more
Heather
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Cariadne
Jan 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
This book almost made it to a Did Not Finish, but I hung in there to avoid making this my 1st DNF for the year. It was an interesting idea, but the execution more often fell flat. The characters, the sexier moments, the ploy to make us sympathize with the unfortunates, and the moral of be true to yourself and not try to meet the expectations of the holier than thou mother all fell short of being something that could've been done better and earned this book a higher rating.

The sex really seemed
vicki zimmerman
Mar 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
Couldn't finish

The first book of this series, Accidentally Hers, was so long and convoluted, I was just glad to see it finally end. It was so bad, I almost didn't read the 2nd book, Secretly Hers. Turns out, it was quite good. I was happily surprised, and went straight into Unexpectedly Hers next, hoping for another winner.
I guess one out of three ain't too bad. Such a disappointment. It just went on and on and on. Building up toward...something. I guess. It just never seemed to get there. Final
Kelsey
Jun 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
I can't get over how much I disliked this whole series. normally I love reading about the same characters and getting more into their stories but this was just exaggerated scenarios for no reason. people don't act this way in real life. idk, more and more I'm seeing contemporary fiction isn't for me.
Heather andrews
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked Wyatt, he was sweet and down to Earth, “I’ve never failed to reach any goal I’ve set. If that makes me cocky, so be it.” He kissed her hand again. “Stay with me tonight?” I enjoyed this book. I thought Emma and Wyatt made a great team.
Viviana
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet Emma’s story! I liked it! :)
Nate Brightman
Aug 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Unexpectedly Hers is the 3rd and final full length book in Jamie Beck’s Sterling Canyon series that focused on the romances of three 31 year old best friends Avery, Kaylie and Emma. Emma has been portrayed as the most caring of the three friends. In this book we learn that Emma operates the family’s inn with her mother. We also learn that Emma has spent her life trying to be the “Good Girl” her mother wants her to be to protect her mother from experiencing another nearly suicidal emotional colla ...more
Stephany
May 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017, romance
Emma is a shy and reserved 30-something who manages her family’s bed-and-breakfast with her mom in a small town in Colorado. While she has a good group of friends, she’s held herself off from love, in part due to her father’s abandonment when she was young. Emma is content with her life, but she also wants more.

Enter: erotica.

Yeah, you didn’t think I was going to go there, did you? Emma has penned an erotic novel based on a one-night stand she had awhile ago, and it’s been picked up by a publish
Elizabeth Mathis

But Emma’s real life is about to heat up when her mother books the entire inn to a professional snowboarder, hoping the publicity will put them on the map. In a karmic twist of fate, that guest is Wyatt Lawson, the man with whom Emma had shared the secret one-night stand that became the inspiration for her novel and its d
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite, #5)
  • It's In His Touch (Red River Valley, #2)
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
  • My Kind of Forever (Trillium Bay, #2)
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
  • It's In His Smile (Red River Valley, #3)
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • Not Quite Crazy (Not Quite, #6)
  • It's In His Arms (Red River Valley, #4)
  • Seduced by Sunday (The Weekday Brides, #6)
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
  • Making It Right (Most Likely To #3)
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
  • My One and Only (Ardent Springs, #3)
  • The Last in Love (Ardent Springs, #5)
  • Single by Saturday (The Weekday Brides, #4)
My newsletter subscribers get monthly fun tips, a chance to win a reader gift box, and other exclusive content. Sign up now! https://bit.ly/JBeckNewsletter. For updates on discounts and new releases, follow me on BookBub at http://bit.ly/2GBcLM3. NO SPAM--EVER.

Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestselling author Jamie Beck’s realistic and heartwarming stories have sold more than three million cop

Sterling Canyon (3 books)
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)