Start by marking “Door One (The Black Room #1)” as Want to Read:
Door One (The Black Room #1)

Door One

(The Black Room #1)

Warning: reader discretion is highly advised. This story contains vivid depictions, fantasies, and relationships. Mature readers only, please.

Once you enter, anything goes. No fantasy—however dark and dirty and depraved it may be—is forbidden. You have no past, no inhibitions, no morals…and no memory.

All you have to cling to is the memory of a scorching touch, a sear
Published November 18th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Door One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Door One

Start your review of Door One (The Black Room #1)
Pam
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it
3 short sexual rawness stars
But this… Him… It is something new. Forbidden. Dark. Dangerous. I shouldn’t be here. I do not belong to this man. I should not do what he demands. But...

I want his roughness. I want him to use me. I want him to force me to his will.   I want him to take me.

Damn, no holding back in this one! Honestly there is no story building or sense of who she is and how she got there, all that matters is the here and now. It was dark, intriguing and erotically disturbing. The mystery m/>
Jacqueline's Reads
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
First off. I love serials. I love getting a book bit by bit and I'm ready to enter all eight doors.

The first thing you need to know is NOTHING! That's right, go into this book blindly. Let the Black Room suck you in and that it will.

I had so many questions. What's going on? What am I seeing? Who is that sexy man behind the door?

The heroine wakes up in a random room with a bunch of doors. We don't know who she is or where she came from but we do know the man behind the door is hot as fuck.

Doo
Wil Loves Books!
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hot AF!!!
Mega intrigued about the next door!

Not sure if it's still the case but this was free, also Doors 3,5 and 7 are free too. And all 8 novellas are already available so there's no wait.
Susan
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Door One (The Black Room #1) by Jasinda Wilder Jasinda Wilder

Dizzy, Disorienting, Dirty Desire

This was available free to me for my kindle on Amazon and you all know the deal. The author is beginning her series, "The Black Room" with this introductory novel.

Well, my dear readers, what a beginning!!! The setting is mysterious and your reader "senses" seem to be misfiring when trying to put together the mental picture of where the character is as you begin the read. You're not sure if the speaker is awake, dreaming, fully within their normal faculties of consciousness
Chris
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotica
Not sure I'm sold on this - it appears to rate well but I couldn't connect with the characters and this is possibly due to the way it's written. While it was erotica at its best there were just too many holes, I had nothing to really hang on to. Think I'll leave it at Door number 1
Vasiliki
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

Yesterday I was needing to read something short and intense and the Black Room fit the bill!
In my opinion there is no story. It's a short, super intense and mysterious erotic read! There is also a darkness in this short story since we get to know nothing! Just sensations and feelings! No answers to how, why, who....just intense sexual actions!

Although the story didn't make sense on the logic part, it made sense as a fantasy! Ms. Wilder wrote somewhere that t
carol
Different, unnamed woman wakes in pitch black womblike room, finds candle, finds eight doors some resonate as evil. Has no memory of self or past, hence womblike, enters first door.

My first response had it been me would have been to turn and return from whence I came. The guy is scary, and sex takes place, and is borderline dub-con.
Sexual scenes, hot, masculine in the extreme, totally dominant, and she finds herself being taken, and in all responses, by having no say, hence despite her respons
Paula  Phillips
Dec 09, 2016 rated it liked it
After finally getting around and reading Madame X and loving it, when I saw The Black Room series written by Jasinda Wilder. I knew I had to give it a go. Reading it we are confronted with a startling beginning with a female waking up in a room, and there are doors and more doors - most are painted black except one. We wonder as the reader how she got there and what she is doing? In a way, this book reminded me quite strongly of Madame X and what happens below Floor 13, and I wonder if I had att ...more
Chris
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book just was not for me. It happens sometimes. I can honestly say it was well-written and had a somewhat interesting premise. I did download the 4 free books 1,3,5 and 7 with the intention of buying books 2,4,6 and 8. I pushed myself to finish Book 1 because I didn't want to sell it short. When I finished, I was so non-plussed that I could not bring myself to purchase Book 2, although I will admit I was minorly interested enough to wonder what might happen going forward. I still MIGHT move ...more
Tara
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you like it hot, like really hot, make sure you have your BOB or hubby handy because they will definitely be getting a work out with this serial! I love shorter serials but typically hate the waiting period for the next one to come out. Jasinda was nice enough to release them all together! No waiting! Now onto the book, this book is literally like nothing I've ever read before. It's blown my mind how hooked you can get in a short! This books starts off dark and mysterious, then takes you for ...more
Jennifer Juers
Nov 22, 2016 rated it did not like it
Ugh. Good thing it was free.

If you love books with no storyline and sex five ways from Sunday this is your book!
Ashleigh
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Jasinda Wilder writes decent smut. That is all ;)
Laurie Carrico
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok trying to gather my thoughts, Jasinda was very clear that this was going to be very explicit and something very different from her normal style of writing. Let me just say that explicit seams like a mild description, spontaneous pregnancies are happening right now among readers I'm sure! (And this is only door 1 )Normally I don't like to read something so raw and explicit, not that it's bad, its just not for me, I like more of a love story to lead up to all the hotness. But I love the way she ...more
Jennifer Miller
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Initially i skipped the review of Door #1

Because I wasn't sure what I had just read. Erotica yes, but what was the story? Where was it going? I just finished Door #2 and it is hot hot hot...did I say hot??? OMG!!! Was it hot. I couldn't put it down and finished it in just a couple of hours, but the story behind the erotica is starting to take shape and let me tell you...I think it is going to be one heck of a ride!!!!! Don't hesitate. Jump right in!
Ashley Hedden
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading The Black Room: Door One by Jasinda Wilder. This is something very different than any boy I've read of Jasinda Wilder's. A woman wakes up in a large room, when she looks around and finds eight numbered doors. This was a great read about finding out what's behind closed doors. Nothing is off limits behind these doors. I can't wait to read more of this series.
Sam Young
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've just finished this book I thought it was great I'm not sure still how she got their or what happened to the door or why what happened happened. I can't wait to read the next book just to find out more. I loved the diversity in the book the storyline is great and very HOT I loved it can't wait to read the next one.
Mindie Flores
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crazy and so very sexy

This book is soooo freakin hot and exciting I want more and more. As a matter of fact I'm going to read the whole series today. How powerful the boxer is and how trusting the woman is was captivating. And I want more of it, I expect more of it in the next 7 books as you will. Enjoy! I sure did. Keep em coming Jasinda.
Hi'D's Book Hub
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
FIVE well deserved stars!!! I seriously visualized every moment of door one. So mysterious. I almost felt like I was there in the room with the characters. Door one was super sexy!! I can't even imagine what door two will be like!!
My thighs are on fire!!
Karen
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
! It's so deliciously and dangerous and strange. Loving every word. Couldn't put it down
Jade Martinez
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great, quick, steamy, suspenseful read! So glad you decided to share these stories. Dying to know what happens next!
Coco.V
Nov 02, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (11/02/2017)!
Hart's Reader Group
Wow... Jasinda! You certainly know how to pull me right into the story, and then keep me reading until I finished in one sitting (not that the story is all that long).

This shorty was a hottie! We start the story in the darkness, with a woman who has no idea who she is or where she is. All she knows is that she MUST open door number one. Then she MUST have sex with the brutal, dark-haired sex god on the other side.

While binding and other BDSM is not my cup of tea, the othe
Carla Krissinger
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Louise Seraphim Reviews
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, read-2016
I actually really liked this.
I read the newsletter explaining these novellas, and I really liked the concept, I was a little worried as it sounded like something else I've seen, but as the first book was free I decided to give it a go.
It was nothing like the other book I'd seen, and it actually really good.
Unique, gripping, stupidly hot and I desperately want to go on and read the next one!
This was also my first Jasinda Wilder read, and I really loved her style of writing, I was hooked withi
Ava
Dec 14, 2016 rated it liked it
mysterious - intriguing - i don't know what happened but it's huh more than steamy!! The too mysterious left me a bit off.
Barb
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hot, hot, hot, but I'm having a bit of trouble with the disconnect of the characters. I'm going to read the whole series because I'm finding the premise of it interesting and this first book feels like an awakening for the woman in the room. I'm looking forward to seeing where the story takes the reader.

Very intriguing beginning.
Emma
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dramatically intense and intriguing, I'm drawn in but can't decide if it's enough to make me want to find out what's behind the other doors. I'm torn between needing to know and it not possibly competing with door 1, do I want to discover more or keep that delightful slightly terrifying image in my mind.
Tonya
Normally I would give this story a higher rating, however, since this is an 8 part story with all of the odd numbered ones free, it's just a ploy to take your money. Especially when the cost for the even numbered stories are $2.99 for 100 pages. GAH! Seriously, I really want to read them all but just on principle, not sure I can or will.
Suzy Stork
Some like it hot!

Not sure how to feel about this one. I knew it was different. But it may be a bit too different for me. Literally seventy-some pages of a strange sexual experience. It's hot, know that! But if this is the starting point and the others are heightened levels of depravity, my taste may be more vanilla. If you like hot, intense, uncommon, mysterious...read on!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Savage King (Lords of the Var, #1)
  • Worth the Risk (Alpha One, #1)
  • Perfect Chemistry (Kinky Chronicles, #1)
  • Riptide (Kismet Cove, #1)
  • The Bigger They Are (Mission X, #2)
  • Rock Hard: A Collection of Erotic Short Stories
  • The Mating Chase (Werewolves of Montana, #1)
  • Complete Submission (Submission, #1-3.5; Songs of Submission, #1-9.5)
  • Kate's Crew (Powertools, #1)
  • Once Upon a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas #1)
  • Sugar Me: Submitting to his forbidden pleasure... (Obeying Daddy's Best Friend Book 1)
  • Billionaires in Disguise: The Wulf and Rae Complete Series (The Devilhouse #1-9)
  • My Father's Best Friend's Secret Baby (His Secret Baby, #1)
  • Come Monday (Wild Irish #1)
  • Coach (Campus Cravings, #1)
  • A Taste of Seduction (An Unlikely Husband #1)
  • Submitting to the Marquess
  • Don't Say a Word (Requested Trilogy - Part One)
NEW YORK TIMES, USA TODAY, WALL STREET JOURNAL and international bestselling author Jasinda Wilder is a Michigan native with a penchant for titillating tales about sexy men and strong women. Her bestselling titles include ALPHA, STRIPPED, WOUNDED, and the #1 Amazon and international bestseller FALLING INTO YOU. You can find her on her farm in Northern Michigan with her husband, author Jack Wilder, ...more

The Black Room (9 books)
  • Door Two (The Black Room #2)
  • Door Three (The Black Room #3)
  • Door Four (The Black Room #4)
  • Door Five (The Black Room #5)
  • Door Six (The Black Room #6)
  • Door Seven (The Black Room #7)
  • Door Eight (The Black Room #8)
  • The Black Room: Series Collection (The Black Room #1-8)