Start by marking “Friends ForNever” as Want to Read:
Friends ForNever

Friends ForNever

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  58 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Erin Taylor is a hard-working journalist with a serious TV addiction and lack of a social life. She’s focused on her career and determined to leave her tiny cubicle behind for a fabulous corner office! But when a new co-worker, a friendship drama, and a hot workplace crush collide, Erin finds it harder and harder to focus. Especially when that crush on the oh-so-yummy Aide ...more
Published July 13th 2016 by Gemma Halliday Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Friends ForNever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Friends ForNever

Sandy Bartles
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Erin Taylor is a hard-working journalist who has a long-time major crush on Aiden, another employee at the magazine they both work for. With the help of her friend Bre, Aiden asks her out. When several openings come up for a few people at the magazine to get a chance to go to England to work for six weeks at their sister magazine, it is not long before Erin finds out who her real friends are. This book is different from other books I have read in this genre, which is great. It is easy to follow ...more
Barbara Hackel
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Workplace relationships are tricky. If you like a co-worker and are friendly and try to help them out (especially someone new to the company) you risk leaving yourself open for attack. If you have a workplace romantic relationship, that is tricky too, because others try to twist facts and make it look like you are receiving special treatment because of the relationship. Ask Erin Taylor and she will agree.
Erin works as a writer for the magazine STRIKE A POSE. When newbie writer Aly Sanders joins
Rachel
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh boy, where to start? I loved Melissa Baldwin's Friends ForNever. From the very beginning it felt like I knew Erin Taylor. From her work friendships, how she felt she was being treated in the office right through to her dreams of an office romance.

It probably helps that as the character is a journalist, I have for the most part of my professional career worked in newsrooms, magazines and at a news agency, I’m surrounded by ambitious writers.

The tension, created for Erin by her own mother, just
Kelly
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Erin Taylor is a journalist that works for the magazine Strike A Pose. She has high hopes for moving up in the company and getting a corner office. She has the hots for her handsome co-worker Aiden Thomas that works on another floor. She feels like there may be the potential for a possible relationship. Of course she knows that workplace relationships can be tricky, but it's a risk she's willing to take.

Erin befriends Aly Sanders, a newbie writer, that joins the Strike A Pose team and helps her
Bethany Clark
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a fun end of summer read! I read it in a few days and LOVED every page! I couldn't put it down!
Erin Taylor has the job she has always dreamed up - a journalist! She's also like me and LOVES TV and doesn't get out much. LOL
She is determined to get her own office and won't stop till she gets there!
But then an amazing work trip presents herself and Erin can't back away from the chance to go abroad!
This new position has pit everyone in the company against each other and it's almost become survi
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Shelves: 2016, romance
I really enjoyed this story. The characters were fun and entertaiing, as well as likable. The story moved at a quick pace, before I knew it I was finished with the book. I will look for more books by this author, I really enjoyed this one.

I received a copy of this manuscrupt from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Anne Dwyer
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved Erin & Aiden! I can't believe how those girls treated Erin all for what a trip to Paris. Bre especially what she did was totally unacceptable also, Aly boils be ashamed of herself for going after Aiden and them stabbing Erin in the back after she was the only person that was nice to her.
Judy van Ryn
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the publisher for purposes of an unbiased review.

I just loved this book. I read it until I finished it in one sitting. Funny, charming, characters that you would meet in real life, twists and turns. Best of all, a beautiful love story.
Grass monster
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Meet Erin Taylor (ET is her nickname, which she hates) Erin works for magazine STRIKE A POSE as a writer. Bre is her co worker and best friend. When new girl Aly, starts work at the magazine, Erin takes an instant liking to her and helps her to settle in to the job much to the annoyance of Bre, who really doesnt like Aly. Next meet Aiden Thomas, he is the office hottie. Erin is dying to go on a date with him and when he asks her out she is over the moon as it looks like the feeling is mutual.
Al
Laura Reading
Jul 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a fun book to read. It mixes behind the scenes on-the-job insight with hidden thoughts of the main character, as we watch the story unfold.

Erin and Bre have been coworkers for quite a while. Aly is the new graduate employee in the office.
Bre seems more concerned about her love life than her career. Erin dreams of having more to life than work, but her dysfunctional family takes up time as well. Aly appears innocent and earnest at the beginning. The dynamics of friendship and competition
Teresa Kander
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit

This was a fun book to read. Erin is a hard-working journalist with a crush on a coworker and winds up going out on a date with him. Shortly after that, when several positions are available for a temporary job with their sister magazine in Paris, Erin finds out just who her friends really are in the office.

This book deals with workplace relationships of all sorts, and does it in a most realistic manner. It will draw you in from the first page, and keep your reading all the way to the end.

**I r
Rhonda
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Liked the characters. The story was entertaining. It was a good read. Office dynamics and romance interacting was fun to read. The characters made the story good. There were the usual.....the girl, the guy, the instigator, the BFF who turns.......fun read. Recommend reading! Given copy for honest review.
Kayla
Aug 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Talk about frienemies! This book offers its fair share! Fun, quick read about the dramas of having friends at work. Toss in some romance with the office drama and you have this fantastic read!

I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
Jena Henry
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Oh, and make sure you dress nicely because we’re going to the French Laundry.”

Before I reveal why I gave this little charmer a Gold Bookworm, let me tell you how thrilled I was to read about the French Laundry, the Yountville, California restaurant that has been on my bucket list for years! Why has it been on my bucket list? Because it’s a foodie’s dream. It’s also extremely hard to get a reservation, but a bucket list is worth a challenge, right? Here is a link that explains the reservation or
Susan K
Romance, clean, some language so PG
This was a cute read. It seemed more of a 'Drama' than just a romance. I think, while I enjoyed the novel, it was a bit quickly wrapped up. I didn't feel like that much was resolved. Interesting to see that her boyfriend like her family better than she did?? That was one bit that didn't seem fully fleshed out. Also the motives and relationships with the friends that occupied a big portion of the novel still had some questions in my mind. What exactly did the ne
Kate O'Keeffe
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Erin may be friends with her coworkers, but do they have her best interests at heart? As the title of the book suggests, maybe some of them don't... This was a fabulous read! Melissa Baldwin writes a witty, fast-paced, action-packed story about the trials and tribulations of friendships with misunderstandings, underhand tactics, and plain old jealousy coming in to play. I found myself rooting for Erin from the get-go, wondering if she'd choose the right guy, which one of her friends she could tr ...more
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

In this meaningful look into workplace dynamics, greed and jealousy become their own character.

Read full review in the 2017 February issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Jacky
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
I had a difficult time reading this book. I became bored early into it. Erin was naive. In terms of her relationship, she acted more like she was 16. Bre was immature, selfish, and pushy. Aly was childish, and sneaky. Aiden and Harry's personalities were benign. Her mother was pushy and irritating. Her father, her brother Eric, her friend Will, and her friend Mya were the only people that sparked any interest.

This was supposed to be New Adult book, but it felt more like high school. I felt NO c
Tricia
Jul 19, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a quick read, almost felt like shorter like a novella. I didn't enjoy it as much as I'd hoped, it was just an okay read for me. Nothing particularly wrong with the book, I think it's just me - I just didn't connect with the characters. Just didn't keep my attention. It didn't feel like the romantic or romantic comedy type books I normally read. It was just okay.

I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review - thanks!
Stacia
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Friends for Never is like listening to your best friend tell you about her day at work! And anyone who has worked in an office will totally relate to this book. I was absolutely sucked in. The love story was great!
Lauren
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
poor erin... its like she worked in a middle school. she worked with the most deceitful, backstabbing, childish people. this book made me glad that i work in an office full of men. i couldnt stand that drama every day.
Jessica
Bryan Vice
rated it it was ok
Jan 12, 2017
Now available in Pre-Order! 1 1 Jun 05, 2016 01:21PM
Melissa Baldwin is an avid runner, planner obsessed, and has always had a love for writing. She is a wife, mother, and journal keeper who took her creativity to the next level by fulfilling her dream with her debut novel, An Event to Remember...or Forget. Melissa writes about charming, ambitious, and real women. She is a best selling author of thirteen Romantic Comedy and Cozy Mystery novels and n ...more
More about Melissa Baldwin