Start by marking “The Art of Finding Nemo” as Want to Read:

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  924 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Pixar Animation Studios, the Academy Awardwinning creators of Toy Story, Toy Story 2, A Bugs Life, and Monsters, Inc., are bringing a new animated movie, Finding Nemo, to the screen this summer. This visually stunning underwater adventure follows eventful and comic journeys of two fish-a father and his son Nemo-who become separated in the Great Barrier Reef. The underwater ...more
Published April 1st 2003 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about The Art of Finding Nemo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of Finding Nemo

Rebecca
An early Christmas present from my mum! Mostly because it arrived badly damaged. Book Depository aren't able to send a replacement in time so they let us keep the book (we patched it up as much as possible - the jacket is dead but the book itself is now okay) and gave us a full refund so technically it's a present from them.

It's a stunning book. This is still probably my favourite Pixar movie, and I love these kind of books about animation and concept art. I've already flicked through it but I'
Elevetha
Jan 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this one for the fact that it actually consisted of drawn (digital or otherwise) art pieces, and not movie stills. The most noteworthy pieces were undoubtedly Simon Varela's charcoal drawings. They are masterpieces, with the full page lay-outs that they deserved, and if a family member came across me staring intently at a page in here, you could bet that it was one of Varela's that held my attention.

Overall, one of the better Art Of books.

"But's that the theme of the movie. It a
Violetta
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An extraordinary collection of concept art and designs from the making of Pixar's Finding Nemo. (My favorite was the charcoal work of Simon Varela - he's some sort of charcoal-wielding ninja.)

There are no movie stills, which I appreciate very much, being that a "making of" book, imho, doesn't need them. I know what the finished product looks like, and I want behind the scenes.

Another plus was that there was no time wasted with other movies or Pixar history. Lots of other books take up several pa
Alicia May
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Yep it's a book about art but it's pretty wordy and I'm counting it because I'm stressing I won't finish my challenge in time also it's my reading challenge, bog off! ;) For real though this was such an interesting read, I love the behind the scenes of how they designed the characters and locations it's beautiful and my dream career.
Charlotte Stevenson
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A spectacularly beautiful book. It also goes to show why Pixar is the successful company that it is. Surrounding yourself by information and artwork, even going to the extremes to see a great white shark in person to observe how the teeth and jaw work. Such a great deal of work with the stunning outcome of one of my favourite Pixar films of all time. Just as was the aim - like nothing I have ever seen before.
Parka
Mar 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
The Art of Finding Nemo
(More pictures at parkablogs.com)

This cover is the most beautiful one of all the Pixar artbooks I've owned. That pastel drawing was done by Ralph Eggleston, production designer.

This book will only enhance that feel-good feeling you have after you watch the movie, probably several times if you have kids.

There are a lot of pastel storyboards drawn for lighting studies. They are incredibly beautiful and you can almost feel the texture to them. The colour theory used for the movie is explained to y
Megan
Aug 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: art
This has to be one of my favorite animated movies of all time. Not only is it beautiful in its story and message, but also very much so artistically.

And this is why Pixar never ceases to amaze me with their movies. They take the time to tell the story, from the main plotline to the tiniest detail of a computer-generated sea anemone. Each of their characters, no matter how minor their role, has a fully-developed personality, physically and emotionally. Through the various characters, settings, a
Tim Evanson
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is outstanding.

This book is one of the first of the Pixar "The Art of..." books. Extensive work went into the image selection and the writing of the text, and it shows. Pixar had some major technical problems to overcome in depicting an underwater world. Coral reefs are immensely complex, and there was no way that such complexity could be rendered on screen. How could one simplify that complexity, and yet retain the "image" of complexity for the viewer? Water is deep. When a person is in wa
J.T.
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is similar to the Art of Monsters Inc. However, this time you get more than just images but you also get small introductions and quotes from the artists/animators. The book starts off with an introduction from John Lasseter and Andrew Staton, both Disney veteran animator and Pixar founder. Then the book goes off with a frenzy of incredible concept art, drawings, sketches, character sketches, color definition, and storyboard. It is amazing of how much effort they put into the film. Prep ...more
Andrew
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Review Taken From The Pewter Wolf

It's exactly what the title states. With a foreword from John Lasseter and Andrew Stanton (the main two of Pixar), this shows the art work the people involved in making this movie from the beginning to the later stages. And I drooled over each and every picture, which ranged from quick and cartoony to very serious and very in depth.

And I loved it! Loved to discover how one of my fave movies was created. And I discovered several pictures that I DESPERATELY want to
τλιϓλ
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: art-of-books
حتى بالرغم من كوني قد نسيت نصف الفيلم وأحداثه لكن أجواء البيئة البحرية لا زالت عالقة في ذهني ولا زلت أحب رؤيتها كثيرا.
ولأنني أحب هذه البيئة برغم أخطارها وأحب رؤية ما أبدع الله من عجائب قررت ان اشتري الكتاب لأعاود النظر كلما اشتقت لبيئة بحرية تبث الأمل بألوانها الجميلة الرائعة.
رسوم الفيلم لا يُعلى عليها، تعاون بيكسار وديزني مثمر دائما ^_^
استمتعت بقراءة ذكريات طاقم الفيلم والمعلومات التي وفروها لنا عبر هذا الكتاب الجميل.
أعتقد أن من أحب فيلم البحث عن نيمو سيُحب كتابه.

To make it very short, it's ver
Luis F.
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Aunque también trata con algo de detalle los numerosos retos técnicos y creativos de la gestación de la película de Pixar Buscando a Nemo, en forma de recopilación de comentarios de los creadores, lo más fascinante es la selección de caricaturas, bocetos y sobre todo el impresionante arte preliminar en formatos como carboncillo o pastel. Como recopilatorio de ilustraciones, y como tributo a la película, es una preciosidad...
WaferBiscuits
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is one of the few art books that manages to give a great balance of both information and art content. I never felt like there was too little or too much of either here, and there really are some stunning pieces in this. Simon Varela's charcoal pieces in particular are worth the price alone as absolute masterpieces. Much of the environmental art is perfect for any artist interested in sea plant life.
Krista (She Reads Many Books)
It has actually been about a month since I read this book. I forgot to add it to my read list. This book features the ideas and concept art that came to be Finding Nemo. The art in this book is stunning. I have always been drawn to ocean life because of it's brilliant color. The artists behind Finding Nemo are so talented. I recommed this book to all Disney loves, art lovers and ocean lovers.
krad
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Delightful to peruse! The concept art here was a joy to see, and I loved all the comments about blending stylisim vs realism. Only possible critique is that I wanted to know more about the characters and why the devs chose the personalities that they did. Definitely a must-buy for art-book/pixar enthusiasts, but everyone should enjoy this.
Miss Clark
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: art, film

Lots of full-page drawings and digital paintings. They talked about the process of how the story developed and the themes that they wanted to explore. I would certainly recommend it to anyone interested in art or film.
Benjamin Ferrante
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nice art. I love the evolution of the shark group "Fish are Friends not Food."
Kelly K
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, art-of-disney
This didn't give as much information on the development of the film like the other "Art of..." Disney books I have read.
Pat
Jan 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Great art inspirational to any artist. Skimmed only.
Ian
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Beautiful. Surprising that a lot of the more interesting designs are what made it on screen. The text is full of Andrew Stanton being delusional and insufferable.
Kashishsetia
Emely Rodríguez
Jan 23, 2017
Mikelle
Feb 25, 2015
  • The Art of Monsters, Inc.
  • The Art of Toy Story 3
  • The Art of Brave
  • The Art of Kung Fu Panda
  • Disney's Aladdin: The Making of an Animated Film
  • The Art of Kiki's Delivery Service
  • Animation (Walt Disney Animation Studios: The Archive Series)
  • The Art of Anastasia
61939
Mark Cotta Vaz is the author of over twenty-one books, including four New York Times bestsellers. His recent works include Mythic Vision: The Making of Eragon, The Spirit: The Movie Visual Companion, and the biography Living Dangerously: The Adventures of Merian C. Cooper, Creator of King Kong, which was a Los Angeles Times bestseller.
More about Mark Cotta Vaz...

“制作美国假文凭USD学位证书成绩单【微信\Q744043126】圣地亚哥大学USD毕业证书文凭办理/制作美国毕业证书/美国大学证书University of San Diego
制作美国假文凭USD学位证书成绩单【微信\Q744043126】圣地亚哥大学USD毕业证书文凭办理/制作美国毕业证书/美国大学证书University of San Diego”
0 likes
“制作美国假文凭新罕布什尔大学学位证书成绩单【微信\Q744043126】新罕布什尔大学毕业证书文凭办理/制作美国毕业证书/美国大学证书University of Newhampshire
制作美国假文凭新罕布什尔大学学位证书成绩单【微信\Q744043126】新罕布什尔大学毕业证书文凭办理/制作美国毕业证书/美国大学证书University of Newhampshire”
0 likes