Start by marking “Come Back To Me (The Lost and Founds, #5)” as Want to Read:
Come Back To Me (The Lost and Founds, #5)

Come Back To Me

(The Lost and Founds #5)

After years of lying, scheming, and dangerous manipulation, Vin Vanbly finally gets what's coming to him: love.

How can he survive unstoppable, uncontrollable love when his very nature demands he control everything? Clues about his one true love—tantalizingly hinted at in each of the books in The Lost and Founds series—come together in four life-changing stories.

In No Kin
ebook, 1st, 360 pages
Published August 23rd 2016 by Pickwick Ink Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Come Back To Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Come Back To Me

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*4.5 stars*

WOAH, I have a LOT of feelings about this book! I'll try to break down everything for you guys in this review without spoilers!

First thing you should know about this book is that there is a lot of sex. I mean, Edmond Manning's books always have a lot of sex, but this book takes it to a whoooooole new level. And I LOVED it. Filthy mind (me) + filthy writing (Edmond) = A happy girl! If you are squeamish about lots of explicit sex (including rimming, fingering, licking, sucking, and what
Vivian
Jul 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, romance-contemp
Dedicated to Vin Vanbly: F**kin' Perfect by P!nk
And anyone else who's seen themselves in his mirror.

“I wanted you to see me like this. My worst. See if you’d still like me.”

Here's the thing; I love this series, but I did not love this book. Might be that I had high expectations: wishing, hoping, and waiting for Vin's story. His kinging.

The secrets are finally revealed and the truth behind many things alluded to during the series is laid out. There's ugly here, there's cruelty, and I had a h
Kaje Harper
...
Damn.

Reading these books of The Lost and Founds is a bit like having a King weekend with Vin Vanbly. If you've come this far in the series, to book 5, you know what I mean.

They're never quite what I expect. These tales slip away from me, just when I think I have a grasp on what the story is and where it's going. They surprise me, tickling laughter and gut punching tears from me in ways that are logical, afterward, but so unexpected in the moment that the strength of my reaction is a total su
Sofia
Jul 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: br, eagerly-read, 2016

Vin’s story at last, with a rhythm all of it’s own. A book which has seriously ruffled my feathers. I got the answers I wanted plus a dose of strong emotions, love, anger, sadness, happiness.

As always Manning’s brand of magic realism plays about with perspectives because in reality nothing changes for the lost kings except for how they decide to look at themselves and at their world and that my friends is a BIG thing because it changes the whole ballgame and turns them into found kings.

As a rea
LenaRibka

OH MAN(ning)!..

I gave up

to understand what happened here...

First of all, for your information:
IT IS NOT A STAND ALONE. You can't read THIS BOOK, if you haven't read the previous books. I don't know who admit that you CAN read the sequels just wild through, how you like. NO, YOU CAN'T. FORGET IT. NO!!!

It is like to start to watch Game of Thrones from the season #4.
You want to know what this series is about, you have to start with the first book. Period.

OH MAN(ning)!..

NOW...
I have to talk abou
Jax
Aug 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star, series
It’s been difficult to sort out my feelings for this one. We finally get answers about our beloved Vin Vanbly, but it comes at a price. I wasn’t happy with everything about this book and didn’t leave it with the same feeling of joy and contentment that I’ve felt for the rest of the series.

The first part was my favorite bit, a 5 star read and more in keeping with the good feelings generated by the other four books. I loved Mark and how he put Vin off balance. It was very funny and you knew it wo
Maya

What if – to find greater love in my life – I need to do something that makes me uncomfortable?

One of my most anticipated sequels ever. After getting to know Vin bit by bit in the previous four books, after growing to love him and hurt with him I so wanted to see Vin’s HEA. And I did. But getting there wasn’t the experience I … expected? imagined? hoped for? Let’s just say that parts of Come Back to Me I found very difficult to get through – they left me both unsettled and conflicted. I am sti
Trio
After a few days to contemplate what to say about this series I'm still at a loss for words. Fans of Edmond Manning don't need me to tell you what a phenomenal writer he is, such a gift for putting words together.

Vin's story, and the tales of the men he helps find their way, is so personal and beautifully intense. Not for the squeamish, I've had to take a break between each of these novels, but I'm pushing on to King Daniel because I've just gotta know how it ends.

Bonus - for fans of the Twin Ci
KatieMc
I'm a bit perplexed. Parts I loved. Some things just left me sratching my head. Let me codgitate a bit.
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
Preordered, beyotches!

******************************************

Buddy read:

AGandyGirl

Only You.”

There is truly no way to put into words this book, these characters, this story or this journey. It’s simply an experience I will never forget. I have half of Book 6 to complete and I just don’t want it to end.

This was just magicals. All my love.

Ulysses Dietz
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Here's the review I did for Prism Book Alliance: http://www.prismbookalliance.com/2016...

I guess this is it for Vin Vanbly. Our peripatetic auto mechanic from Minnesota seems to have kinged his last king. In this fifth volume of the tales of the lost kings, one learns, at last, the whole story. Every question one has had about Vin and his eccentric mission is finally answered.

And it’s every bit as horrible as one might have imagined.

But, that aside, the book as satisfyingly wonderful as one has
Shell
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Edmond Manning never seems to pull his punches. He doesn't shy away from difficult topics or shameful secrets, rather facing demons head on and often airing them for the world to see--along with whatever bits of wisdom he/his character has gleaned from the experience. By daring to write in this manner,(and particularly in this series) the reader must be patient, just as we must be patient in life.

Come Back To Me is the reader's reward for their patience. Anyone who knows me knows how much I ador
*~*~Fawkes, Padfoot, and Prongs~*~*
Aug 01, 2016 marked it as 0-mm-books-i-own-and-need-to-read
PRE-ORDERED! GIMME!!!

WOOHOO!! I own the whole series, aside from this one [which will be mine the minute it releases], and JUST the other day I was hoping AND wondering if there'd be more books to come. I haven't read the 4 I own yet; for now, I'm enjoying the super sweet anticipation of books I know I'll really enjoy, and cannot wait for this one to be in my hands as well :-)!!
Becca
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well, I think I'm dead. This book. This series. Gah. I'm almost afraid to read book 6. I love every since page of these books but this one was one of the hardest. Trigger warning are in place for rape, abuse, etc. It's not a pretty picture. In each book, it was briefly stated a few times about Vin’s past, but nothing prepared me for the whole thing. This books is broke down into 4 stories of Vin’s life. Including his final kinging. And a surprise Vin is not at all prepared for.

The first section,
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
★★★★★ ~ 5 Stars ~ ★★★★★ ~ 5 Star Series ~ 1st 5 Star Series in 8 Years on GR ~
Come Back To Me is four Lost and Founds vignettes that reveal many secrets.

No Kings 2005 ~ Vin picks Mark up in a parking lot and gets so much more than he expected.

King Fitch Vin kings his last man in 2005.

Lost Ones Vin's past comes back to haunt him in 2008.

Malcolm The Restorer The story of how Malcolm becomes Vin's brother is told in 2011.

“Once there was a tribe of men,” I say in a strong voice, audible to none but
Katie
The world is so full of a number of things, I’m sure we should all be as happy as kings.
— Robert Louis Stevenson

So…I was having some difficulty starting this review. Because after finishing the book, just like after book four in this series, I’m nothing but mush. I went back and read my review of King John . That might’ve been a mistake. Oddly, or maybe not, I have a lot of the same emotions. I just hope I don’t plagiarize myself this time around.

I’m pretty sure the series as a whole is a study
Diverse
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: august-2016
I read Come Back to Me, book 5 in Edmond Manning’s The Lost and Founds Series, and did something I never have done before… I slept on it before I reviewed. Normally I have to be in the moment so I write my review immediately following the book. Not this time. This book is 100% different than all the other Lost and Founds. There’s a Vin Vanbly kinging, yes, but then there’s Vin’s story, Vin’s love, and yeah a question you’ve been dying to know gets answered.

I closed my kindle with a sigh and a
Sharon
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone who has followed the lost and founds series.
To make this review make sense I find I must divide my comments into two camps. Those who have read The Lost and Founds series and those who have not.

For those who have read King Perry, King Mai, The Butterfly King, King John and chapters one through eleven of King Daniel; Come Back to Me pulls it all together in a way for which you will find you are ill prepared. May I suggest you come to this book armed with two boxes of Kleenex (you will cry yourself dry), throat lozenges (screaming hurts) an
Helena Stone
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Make that six stars.

I just deleted almost 1200 words of the review I started to write for this book. Yes, you read that right, I did say ‘started to write’. That version contained detailed descriptions of everything I loved about Come Back to Me and I fully intend to keep it, as a reminder for myself. It won’t do as a review for others though, especially not for those who haven’t read this book yet.

Spoilers are, of course, always bad. One of the great joys I get from reading a book lies in disco
karlakolumna
May 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
This was ....
Weird.

Like totally weird and strange..

Okay, to be fair, I did not read the previous 4 books in this series and, instead, started right off with book #5, because I got it free on instafreebie through the latest "Big Gay Fiction Giveaway".
That being said, I've got to admit that I didn't really get all these "kinging" or "King Weekend" or the whole "Lost vs. Found Kings" in the beginning. These references were lost on me, at first. But they weren't too important to follow the story, to
Kaye Hallows
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-romance
Ahhhh! My favorite so far of the Lost and Founds because... you know why if you've read it! So much love and beauty and you just want to crawl inside the Mark story and live there forever! With every book, Edmond Manning reveals more and more of his true genius for crafting not just one story but the whole arc of Vin's life. All the pieces clicking right into place just when they need to and not one page before. He draws so much emotion out of the reader with every twist and turn of every king a ...more
Lisa The Novel Approach
Aug 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When the rumblings began to surface that Vin Vanbly’s real name was going to be revealed in the next installment of author Edmond Manning’s Lost And Founds series, I was intrigued. When there were further ripples in the kinging pond that readers might also find out more about Vin’s past—who he really was, how he came to be the guy that kinged others but never felt he himself would ever be worthy, I moved toward cautious excitement. Finally, when the waves crested and it was nearly verified Vin m ...more
Diane Pohn
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful sequel

I'm biased,I'm a huge fan of this series. This book did not disappoint. I was really happy to know how Vin came to be, and how his story would end. Whenever I read Edmond Manning's work, I am overwhelmed by the way he uses language. I highly recommend the Lost and Founds series, and I'm anxious to read the final book.
Claudia
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm speechless. This is wonderful. I need to keep showering with all these emotions. I can't stop. I don't want to stop. Oh, Vin. You, wonderful King.
Myguiltypleasure
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I've ever read. Thank you Mr Manning. Please write more.
ItsAboutTheBook
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: booksmitten
Review can be read at It's About The Book

Come Back To Me is the fifth book in The Lost And Founds series. It can be read as a standalone and not be confusing, however, there are answers to questions that are woven throughout the other books, and secrets revealed that would change the reading of the other books of the series if Come Back To Me is read before them.

Unlike the other books in the series up to this point, Come Back To Me is divided into four parts, with the second part jumping bac
Elisa Rolle
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
2016 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention: Come Back To Me by Edmond Manning
1) The fifth book in a series I love. I'm not able to judge how it would stand on its own, but for me this was all that I appreciate in Manning's writing. There are moments of deep pain and of joy, humor that made me laugh out loud and plot surprises that I did not see coming. I would have loved the book to be twice as long, to see parts of the relationship between Vin and Mark that happened off the page. But that's mostly g
Ikhneumon
Previous books in The Lost and Founds have left me shattered and exalted. This one left me… melancholy and distracted. Seriously distracted: My husband became seriously worried about me the day after I finished the book, as I wandered around acting vague and indecisive, trying to come to terms with the unfocused but powerful emotions it brought to the surface.

That's how effectively these books get under your skin and into your mind and heart.

The trigger warnings at the outset are there for very
Mike Adams
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Being late to the series, I'm possibly less qualified to judge this series, or this book. I tried a few of the others via loaner copies, but all the king-making Burning Man groovy hippie-type stuff did not grab me. Perhaps I am/was one of those 'lost kings' depicted in the books. But as a stand-alone (I know, there's lots of back story from prior books), 'Come Back to Me is a bold, earthy, meaty, sexy and sexual epic.

Our mysterious complicated most-times narrator Vin has trekked to Trenton for
Edmond Manning has always been fascinated by fiction: how ordinary words could be sculpted into heartfelt emotions, how heartfelt emotions could leave an imprint inside you stronger than the real world. Mr. Manning never felt worthy to seek publication until recently, when he accidentally stumbled into his own writer’s voice that fit perfectly, like his favorite skull-print, fuzzy jammies. He fina ...more

The Lost and Founds (6 books)
  • King Perry (The Lost and Founds, #1)
  • King Mai (The Lost and Founds, #2)
  • The Butterfly King (The Lost and Founds, #3)
  • King John (The Lost and Founds, #4)
  • King Daniel (The Lost and Founds #6)
“Dark, dark, dark, like a dog’s bark. Once” 0 likes