Start by marking “All Heart: My Hard-Fought Journey to the Top of the Soccer World” as Want to Read:
All Heart: My Hard-Fought Journey to the Top of the Soccer World

All Heart: My Hard-Fought Journey to the Top of the Soccer World

In the summer of 2015, the U.S. women’s national soccer team won the World Cup behind an epic performance by Carli Lloyd. Carli, a midfielder, scored three goals in the first sixteen minutes--the greatest goal-scoring effort in the history of World Cup finals.

But there was a time when Carli almost quit soccer. She struggled with doubts and low confidence. In All Heart, adapted
Published December 6th 2016 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about All Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Heart

Claire Hutton
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is about Carli Lloyd and her soccer journey throughout her life. The main theme for this book is ‘if you work hard and push yourself as hard as you can, good things will come.’ This is shown by Carli practicing and training almost everyday including Christmas. After all of this work she finally wins a World Cup in 2016.
Nataly Ruelas
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book overall was really interesting because Carli Lloyd talked about her journey of soccer. In the book specifically she talked about her difficulties she had to be at the she in. Also it covered the best moments in her career. I would recommend this book to people that like soccer especially girls.
Lilly
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
My English teacher makes us do a reading journal so she can see our commitment, not necessarily the style of writing. So sorry about the poor writing (like I said, it's just a free write).

Anyway, I really loved this story and I totally recommend it and... it's all below:

Summary: Carli Lloyd always dreamed of being the best in the world, and although she was cut from a national team, she trained physically and mentally at very hard level to get back at the national level. She battled
Riley Forrest
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All Heart: My Dedication and Determination to Become One of Soccer’s Best
By Carli Lloyd with Wayne Coffey

All Heart: My Dedication and Determination to Become One of Soccer’s Best is a biography by Carli Lloyd with Wayne Coffey describes Carli’s life experiences that led her to play at the highest level of soccer. The story talks about the challenges Carli had to face in her effort to become the best soccer player she could be. She begins telling about her soccer life as a youn
Katie Clark
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you’re looking for a great sports book that’s full of action I would definitely recommend All Heart. It’s about Carli Lloyd’s journey to becoming what I believe to be the best Women’s player and teammate.

Some evidence showing this is simply that she won player of the game the last four games of the 2015 World Cup. She won these titles because she was hustling and scoring goals all throughout the tournament. She ended up scoring two goals in the final game against Japan.

Lloyd always stayed
Diane Ferbrache
Carli Lloyd is well-known for her success as a member of the US Women's National Team. She was a valuable part of the team's wins in both the World Cup and the Olympics. In this memoir, Lloyd shares her love of the game, the events (both good and bad) that led her to the team, and bits of inside information on the workings of professional and international soccer.

As with many sports memoirs, there's plenty of action on the pitch with lots of details of training, injuries, and goals scored and m
Valerie McEnroe
This is a good memoir for soccer fans. Carli Lloyd has been involved in top level soccer since the early 2000s. In 2003 she was cut from the U-21 team. Her coach told her she was not national team material. Carli, a perfectionist, could not let this go. Instead, she buckled down with a trainer named James Galanis, and got into perfect form. She eventually made the national team and went on to win two Olympic golds and a World Cup championship. Through it all she had many low points. She had to d ...more
Stephen
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I liked how Carli grew out of her struggles and doubts and eventually became a soccer star. I also liked how when Chris Petrucelli the u21 coach told Carli that she was not good enough but know when she sees him she tells him that he was the guy who helped save her career. When I tried out for the soccer team this year I did not make it. The coach told me that I did not make the team and that I did not meet certain tests. I ate nothing that night. The next day I told myself that I had two choice ...more
Anne
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Carli Lloyd is known for her soccer prowess, but most people don't know that she almost quit soccer when she got cut from a U-21 team. She tells her story about her love of the sport from the time she was a young girl to the woman she is now. She talks about her hard work and determination, her struggles and her successes. She is also very frank about the issues she faced with teammates and coaches as well as with her own family. The writing is not the best, but those with a passion for soccer w ...more
Valeria
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
All Heart written by Carli Lloyd, is a excellence and inspiring book. Carli's dedication and determination to become one of the best soccer players is described throughout the book. She faces many obstacles in her path, but that didn't stop her. I recommend this book to people who are motivated and like reading autobiographies. Overall the story itself is interesting and exciting to read. Carli has now played with the U.S. Women's National Soccer Team and has won a FIFA championship.
Norah Heacock
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very inspirational. There was a very strong message of never giving up and always giving 100 %.
Cassidy Kroeger
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It did take me a bit to finish this, but I felt like a quick read. I have never felt so inspired about soccer and life at all! I totally recommend!
Arlene Szalay
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: slmta
Great biography of a person determined to be the best player possible.
Meredith Peterson
Madeleine
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. one thing about this book is that i can relate a lot about this book because i play soccer. What is also really cool is that you can learn about cali lloyd and how she became the soccer player she is now.
Emma
Aug 14, 2017
Jeanette
Jan 12, 2019
Clara
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Carli Lloyd is a pretty famous person. She has been on the US Women's National Team since 2005 and has won the Silver Boot and Golden Cleat after dominating at the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup. Now, she's the author of an autobiography entitled _Allheart_. Overall, it's a pretty good book. It tells the rich story of Carli's incredible career, from her ejection from the U 21 team to her goal from half field against Japan in the World Cup final. It doesn't gloss over the less than satisfactory expe ...more
Sheri